PDA

View Full Version : Sharapova attended Dent and Hopkin's wedding

P_Fer
Dec 19th, 2006, 02:29 PM
She said so in her latest blog.

http://www.mariasharapova.com/defaultflash.sps

Hi Everyone!

I know this part of the year probably seems a bit boring for all the tennis fans.....but let's not get too restless here. It's already been two weeks since my vacation, and I already feel like I need another one. All of a sudden those spa treatments don't sound so boring anymore. Training has been pretty steady.....first week taking it easy, second week playing a lot more tennis. This is actually my first day off since vacation, and I as I sit outside and look down the canal by my house, I've come to think that I'm feeling pretty tired and sore. There is a huge misconception about the off season....It's a lot tougher than people think. Intervals on the bike, dash lines, and weights sound a lot nicer on paper, but take my word for it, they are not exactly fun. Especially when you have a heart rate monitor that simply doesn't lie. Last weekend I did a shoot for Nike, actually about 4 different ones in a day. There's the Asia Pacific campaign, shot for the apparently new best damn t-shirt in the world ( it's a cotton t-shirt!!), retail shots in my new dresses, and a new tv commercial ( which only took one hour to shoot, but turned out to be very funny! And is coming out very soon).

I was also invited to Taylor Dent's and Jennifer Hopkin's wedding this Friday. Wedding was really nice, apart from the fact that it must have been the coldest day in Florida this year, and of course the ceremony happened to be on the beach. How convenient! Apart from getting a few frost-bites, it was beautiful.

And last night I saw the Blood Diamond......It was like watching the Discovery channel and CNN.

Can anyone believe that it's almost the New Year? Crazy! Anyways hope all is good in your hood! Later gator!

p.s check out the new issue of Vogue this month!

Mina Vagante
Dec 19th, 2006, 03:00 PM
lol cool, i am starting to like her more, i watched the sharapova/golovin match (i think nasdaq) and when golovin retired sharapova was soo nice to her :D good sportsmanship:worship:

Slampova
Dec 19th, 2006, 03:01 PM
lol cool, i am starting to like her more, i watched the sharapova/golovin match (i think nasdaq) and when golovin retired sharapova was soo nice to her :D good sportsmanship:worship:

Obviously sarcasm isn't your strong point? :wavey:

Mina Vagante
Dec 19th, 2006, 03:08 PM
Obviously sarcasm isn't your strong point? :wavey:

huh i dont get it? :confused: im just saying that i like her more and she was nice to golovin , where does the sarcasm come into it?:confused: :confused:

Slampova
Dec 19th, 2006, 03:10 PM
huh i dont get it? :confused: im just saying that i like her more and she was nice to golovin , where does the sarcasm come into it?:confused: :confused:

Really? :tape: That's the first non Maria-Fan I've ever heard say Maria was nice to Golovin after the Miama match :p

Natalicious
Dec 19th, 2006, 03:12 PM
maria wasn't nice at the match :o

Mina Vagante
Dec 19th, 2006, 03:16 PM
yeh i think she was. she didnt realise at first cus she turned her bk, but at the net sharapova was talking to her for a long time and golovin(who was crying) seemed to be pulling away. and then sharapova waited to walk off with her. and the crowd cheered for golovin and maria clapped aswell, so yeh imo i thought she was very nice to golovin

Mina Vagante
Dec 19th, 2006, 03:22 PM
http://www.eurosport.co.uk/tennis/mc_vid24400.shtml

look at her reaction

xan
Dec 19th, 2006, 03:44 PM
Look how dreadful Maria was....

http://www.raisport.rai.it/RaiSport/pub/ansa/imglarge/2006/3/epa31ywkY_20060331.jpg

Scandalous!

Mina Vagante
Dec 19th, 2006, 03:46 PM
:lol: but i must admit is wasnt very nice when golovin was getting treatment for sharapova to practice her shots, she could have at least helped golovin or talked to her/ see if she was ok

Sefo
Dec 19th, 2006, 04:51 PM
:lol: but i must admit is wasnt very nice when golovin was getting treatment for sharapova to practice her shots, she could have at least helped golovin or talked to her/ see if she was ok

Maria didn't know how serious the injury was because she didn't see the close-up replay we saw. She was trying to maintain focus on the match, without realising the match was virually over.

Mina Vagante
Dec 19th, 2006, 05:22 PM
Maria didn't know how serious the injury was because she didn't see the close-up replay we saw. She was trying to maintain focus on the match, without realising the match was virually over.

but still if a player if on the floor surely is only natural to go over and see if they are ok, or at least put ure racquet up to check.

Slumpsova
Dec 19th, 2006, 06:50 PM
did she get an appearance fee from the wedding? :lol:

croat123
Dec 19th, 2006, 07:36 PM
i was sitting third row for that match and maria was a total bitch. she saw the replay, they showed it almost on loop on the big screen at the top of the stadium. she then proceeded to play shadow tennis with her back tourned to golovin for ten minutes.

not to mention that she already had the crowd against her because she took two bathroom breaks in like 15 minutes and because she challenged a ball on set point that was clearly in.

.Andrew.
Dec 19th, 2006, 07:43 PM
If anyone got pics of Maria S at the wedding please post. Thanks! :wavey:

Sefo
Dec 19th, 2006, 08:37 PM
i was sitting third row for that match and maria was a total bitch. she saw the replay, they showed it almost on loop on the big screen at the top of the stadium. she then proceeded to play shadow tennis with her back tourned to golovin for ten minutes.

not to mention that she already had the crowd against her because she took two bathroom breaks in like 15 minutes and because she challenged a ball on set point that was clearly in.

Well, nobody's perfect. She should've shown compassion like Princess Diana, and sometimes she should say jokes during play like Agassi, so people could laugh big, instead of showing that Terminator steel face. Some condemn her because she turned back and didn't even smile while the naked streaker was in at Wimbledon. :(
One curious gesture I've observed quite a few times when the match ends, after shaking hand with the umpire she turn away and sticks out tongue, like bleah. :p That's funny, but it's not a nice thing to do.
My take upon this would be that her self confidence might be much lower as social person than as player. Jimmy Hendrix was a real blast on the scene, but few people know that he was an introverted personality otherwise.
But as a fan, I try to understand and get through it.

urock34
Dec 19th, 2006, 08:53 PM
maria only clapped becuaus she was feeling awkward not becuase she was trying to be nice

CrossCourt~Rally
Dec 19th, 2006, 08:59 PM
Congrats to the both of them. :D Now it time for a short honeymoon! Then back to training for Taylor. I don;t think Jenny will be coming back on the WTA TOUR as she planned . Its a shame since she is only 25 years old :sad: She reached a career high #52 in singles ( 2001 ) and # 55 in doubles ( 2005 ) . I hope she will be happy though! :D :bounce:

RJWCapriati
Dec 20th, 2006, 01:02 PM

:lol: :lol:

Maybe because she was terrified of the crowd booing her ass off the court.

ioni
Dec 20th, 2006, 01:29 PM
what is this thread about ??? :confused:

Slampova
Dec 20th, 2006, 02:30 PM
I remember reading an article written by one of the ballboys at Miami who criticised fans for acting harshly towards Maria as they didn't see what happened off the court. Maria was actually supposed to have been really nice and spent a lot of time with Golovin, so...
Stop being so harsh towards Masha :):angel:

CDGS22
Dec 20th, 2006, 03:46 PM
I wonder if Roddick was there?;)

Tenis Srbija
Dec 20th, 2006, 06:16 PM
did she get an appearance fee from the wedding? :lol:

I'm sure she did :D :p

lilimi
Dec 20th, 2006, 07:14 PM

Maybe because she was terrified of the crowd booing her ass off the court.
she couldn't behave like she did against groenefeld a few months before:( . not good for image:rolleyes:
by the way what the link with dent's wedding:lol:

PLP
Dec 20th, 2006, 09:10 PM
I was also invited to Taylor Dent's and Jennifer Hopkin's wedding this Friday. Wedding was really nice, apart from the fact that it must have been the coldest day in Florida this year, and of course the ceremony happened to be on the beach. How convenient! Apart from getting a few frost-bites, it was beautiful.

I'm so glad she went! I doubt it could be cold enough for frostbite though :tape: ...where where you born Masha? :lol:
Love the part about the off-season...besides getting a SHORT vacation, most players work there arses off more than ever...I know this issue has been beaten to death BUT the players really need a longer off-season :help:

PLP
Dec 20th, 2006, 09:12 PM
I remember reading an article written by one of the ballboys at Miami who criticised fans for acting harshly towards Maria as they didn't see what happened off the court. Maria was actually supposed to have been really nice and spent a lot of time with Golovin, so...
Stop being so harsh towards Masha :):angel:

Yes, I read that too! :)