PDA

View Full Version : Gunther Parshe´s Analysis and Quotes from Monica´s Book From Fear to Victory!

spencercarlos
Dec 19th, 2006, 05:18 AM
http://www.geocities.com/tennisvideos12000/seles1psychiatricopiniononparche.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/tennisvideos12000/seles2opniononparche.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/tennisvideos12000/seles3parchetestimony.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/tennisvideos12000/seles4parchetestimony.jpg

Can´t believe how this guy well aware of everything got away with what he did.

An old topic, but it´s first time i got to read this pages and wanted to share with you!
:wavey:

Courtesy from www.MonicaSeles.vze.com

Mother_Marjorie
Dec 19th, 2006, 05:31 AM
You should have presented page 61, where Parshe's psychological evaluation basically said he was nutz.

Maybe then the Seles-ites would stop blaming Steffi for the stabbing of Monica Seles.

franny
Dec 19th, 2006, 05:50 AM
No, it is not Steffi's fault of course. But this guy, I mean, I don't even know what to say. Reading that, it just horrified me that someone can think that way. I guess that's what makes him a psycho, but he still, gaaah words cannot describe the feelings invoked within me. I'm just disgusted.

hingis-seles
Dec 19th, 2006, 08:35 AM
You should have presented page 61, where Parshe's psychological evaluation basically said he was nutz.

Maybe then the Seles-ites would stop blaming Steffi for the stabbing of Monica Seles.

Nobody blames Steffi for the stabbing, although Steffi herself stated that if she hadn't been around, Monica would never have been attacked (Steffi was trying to explain the guilt she felt).

What Steffi has been criticised for has been her attitude towards Seles, Parche, and the incident and how she could have done more but chose to remain silent (Remember Roland Garros 1993?). And ofcourse as Chris Evert stated in the ESPN SportsCentury documentary on the Seles Stabbing, if Martina had been taken out she could have won another 20 Slams as well.

Parche was nuts and if he wasn't imprisoned, he should have been institutionalised at a facility for the mentally challenged/dysfunctional, not given a slap on the wrist and set free to roam the streets of Germany. That's a flaw of the German judicial system, not Steffi, but bears mentioning none the less.

spencercarlos
Dec 19th, 2006, 02:17 PM
No, it is not Steffi's fault of course. But this guy, I mean, I don't even know what to say. Reading that, it just horrified me that someone can think that way. I guess that's what makes him a psycho, but he still, gaaah words cannot describe the feelings invoked within me. I'm just disgusted.
Me too reading the whole thing pretty much left me without a word.

Viktymise
Dec 19th, 2006, 02:21 PM
I remember reading the book, its quiet sad for monica :sad:

skanky~skanketta
Dec 19th, 2006, 03:45 PM
sounds like calimero666 to me.

King of Prussia
Dec 19th, 2006, 03:53 PM
Parche was a lonely, obscessed individual, but he clearly knew what he was doing. So he deserved to be in jail and nowhere else, because he's fully responsible of his act.

Steffica Greles
Dec 19th, 2006, 04:39 PM
Are people not bored with this yet?

None of it was Steffi's fault. I don't think anybody has suggested it was. Yes, Steffi could have acted with more sensitivity to Seles, although my own impression of Steffi is that she always was a little emotionally reticent, and therefore she was just acting according to her nature. She had a way of making opponents feel dispensed with, firing forehand winners and striding to her position on the baseline before her opponent had even conceded the point. There was an echo of this sentiment in her reaction to Seles: "Zer is nussing I can do about it, so I may as vell get on wiz it. It is not my prubblem. I do nut have to deal wiz zis." Thus, she was back to her position while Seles was still flailing, just as she dealt with all of her opponents. There was something very Terminator-like, almost robotic, about Graf at times.

But that was Steffi. That was her modus operandi. Any other way, and she would not have dealt with her own problems throughout her career and won 22 grandslam titles.

We are none of us perfect.

As for Parche, he was clearly dangerous and should have been in a psychiatric unit of some kind until he showed significant improvement. It was indeed wrong that he was allowed to walk away as if nothing had happened. But the attitude that he should have had the key thrown away is childish; he was clearly ill.

Helen Lawson
Dec 19th, 2006, 06:08 PM
This has been so done to death at this point.

I think he wanted to kill Monica, however, I think that he only wanted to hurt her was a bunch of bs.

hingis-seles
Dec 19th, 2006, 09:00 PM
This has been so done to death at this point.

I think he wanted to kill Monica, however, I think that he only wanted to hurt her was a bunch of bs.

He originally intended on giving her flowers in the hotel lobby and then severing her hands. How he was not institutionalised or imprisoned is beyond me.

Steffica Greles
Dec 19th, 2006, 10:07 PM
He originally intended on giving her flowers in the hotel lobby and then severing her hands. How he was not institutionalised or imprisoned is beyond me.

Sectioning people because they are a little odd is not strong enough grounds. There is a difference between what we fantasise about and what we actually carry out. If people have no history of endangering others, then it can easily be argued that they are not a danger.

I can't remember (and I'm not reading all that report again :) ) but wasn't his intention to cut Monica's hands only found out after he was arrested for the stabbing? :)

hingis-seles
Dec 20th, 2006, 12:45 AM
Sectioning people because they are a little odd is not strong enough grounds. There is a difference between what we fantasise about and what we actually carry out. If people have no history of endangering others, then it can easily be argued that they are not a danger.

I can't remember (and I'm not reading all that report again :) ) but wasn't his intention to cut Monica's hands only found out after he was arrested for the stabbing? :)

The information regarding the original plan to cut Monica's hands was found out only after he was taken into custody, following the stabbing. I'm not stating that it was reason enough to institutionalize him or imprison him, since he never acted upon that. However, he did plan to injure her intentionally so she could not play professional tennis and he did stab her in the back in front of hundreds of people. That is not odd behavior. That is strong enough grounds to sentence him to a mental institution.

King of Prussia
Dec 20th, 2006, 12:53 AM
The judiciary system is a joke in many countries. The problem is that prisons are full, so when they can avoid sending people they think won't be a danger for society, they'll give a slap on the wrist and move to the next case. Mental institutions are full too.

And in my opinion, if you're mentally insane, it really sucks for you, but you should rot in jail like any other fucker who did something wrong. If he was lucid enough to carefully plan the stabbing, he was lucid enough to spend time in jail.

Steffica Greles
Dec 20th, 2006, 06:55 PM
The information regarding the original plan to cut Monica's hands was found out only after he was taken into custody, following the stabbing. I'm not stating that it was reason enough to institutionalize him or imprison him, since he never acted upon that. However, he did plan to injure her intentionally so she could not play professional tennis and he did stab her in the back in front of hundreds of people. That is not odd behavior. That is strong enough grounds to sentence him to a mental institution.

Oh yes absolutely. All I'm saying is that there may not have been sufficient evidence to incarcerate him before the stabbing, which is why he was allowed to do what he did. No, you definitely can't have people who have stabbed, and perhaps intended to murder people, being allowed to walk the streets.

Helen Lawson
Dec 20th, 2006, 08:33 PM
I never believed the severing of the hands thing either. I think he wanted to kill her, he was going for stab number two when someone pulled him away. You don't stab someone in the back with the intent "just to harm," you do it to kill. You'd slash diagonally, not penetrate dead on. The only reason it wasn't deep was because she leaned forward at the last minute. Just my opinion.

hingis-seles
Dec 22nd, 2006, 08:18 AM
Oh yes absolutely. All I'm saying is that there may not have been sufficient evidence to incarcerate him before the stabbing, which is why he was allowed to do what he did. No, you definitely can't have people who have stabbed, and perhaps intended to murder people, being allowed to walk the streets.

Oh, I absolutely agree. I don't believe anyone would even claim that he should have been incarcerated before the stabbing. How could anyone possibly know what was to happen...

hingis-seles
Dec 22nd, 2006, 08:20 AM
I never believed the severing of the hands thing either. I think he wanted to kill her, he was going for stab number two when someone pulled him away. You don't stab someone in the back with the intent "just to harm," you do it to kill. You'd slash diagonally, not penetrate dead on. The only reason it wasn't deep was because she leaned forward at the last minute. Just my opinion.

I agree with you. He wanted to kill her. Thankfully, he didn't get that wish of his granted.