PDA

View Full Version : Sport and Technology: Justine Henin-Hardenne Website #1 In Sports

Mother_Marjorie
Dec 18th, 2006, 04:23 AM
http://www.sportandtechnology.com/features/0414.html

Feature: Female tennis star has best individual website - October 2006

According to new ArkSports research, tennis player Justine Henin-Hardenne is ranked number one in an audit of the official websites of the 100 leading sports individuals globally. Henin-Hardenne beat both fellow tennis player Andy Roddick and golfing great Tiger Woods into joint second place for best individual website.

The websites were ranked by ArkSports following the scoring of certain criteria such as Content, Personality Input Factor (PIF), Style and Commercial elements.

Sportspeople’s websites were studied from 75 sports globally - from soccer through to chess and powerboating.

Although many major sports stars have lots of unofficial websites, several top sports individuals such as Sachin Tendulkar, Asafa Powell, Annika Sorenstam and Thierry Henry surprisingly do not have official websites.

As well as determining which sports stars had the best websites, the research also concluded that:

· Sportspeople who compete in individual sports have better websites than those who compete in team sports.

· Tennis players’ websites are the best websites followed by individuals who participate in Motor Sport and Basketball.

· USA supplies the top nationality in terms of best individual websites.

· Tiger Woods is deemed to have the best overall content.

· Alonso and Roddick rank top for commercial activities (even though all profits from Roddick's commercial activities go to charity)

· The most stylish site belongs to Jeremy Bloom (Freestyle skiing and American Football).

· Top PIF was awarded to Spanish Basketball Player Pau Gasol.

Top Ten Sports Websites – Individuals

Rank Name URL Country Sport Score

1 Justine Henin-Hardenne www.henin-hardenne.be Belgium Tennis 113
2 Andy Roddick www.andyroddick.com USA Tennis 103
3 Tiger Woods www.tigerwoods.com USA Golf 103
4 Sebastian Loeb www.sebastienloeb.com France Motor Sport 98
5 Serena Williams www.serenawilliams.com USA Tennis 86
6 LeBron James www.lebronjames.com USA Basketball 85
7 Pau Gasol www.paugasol.com Spain Basketball 85
8 Matt Kenseth www.mattkenseth.com USA Motor Sport 83
9 Roger Federer www.rogerfederer.com Switzerland Tennis 82
10 Fernando Alonso www.fernandoalonso.com Spain Motor Sport 81

Source: ArkSports

Well-known sports personalities who did not make the top 10 include:

· Ronaldinho, 17th (top footballer Michael Ballack 15th)
· Phil Mickelson, 19th (nobody can beat Tiger Woods, even on the web!)
· Barry Bonds, 26th
· Phil ‘The Power’ Taylor, 28th
· Andrew Flintoff, 39th
· Michael Schumacher, 42nd
· Floyd Landis, 53rd
· Michael Phelps, 63rd

The full findings (in a 30 page PDF report) will shortly be made available free of charge to members of the Sport and Technology Executive Club (www.sportandtechnologyexecutiveclub.com), or can be purchased from ArkSports for £100 plus VAT. Contact lboyle@arksports.com for further details and/or an order form.

This article was seen first by people who receive the monthly newsletter, join them.

zabou1
Dec 18th, 2006, 04:45 AM
We are the best fans ;)

treufreund
Dec 18th, 2006, 04:46 AM
Justine rulez!

ZeroSOFInfinity
Dec 18th, 2006, 05:04 AM
Why I have the feeling that Swami_Majorie and Justine Fan contributed 2/3 of the 113 score? :lol:

Justine Fan
Dec 18th, 2006, 07:11 AM
Why I have the feeling that Swami_Majorie and Justine Fan contributed 2/3 of the 113 score? :lol:

Well if we do so be it! :ras: At least we don't take the piss out of her off like you do :rolleyes:

Justine Fan
Dec 18th, 2006, 07:14 AM
Yet another award! :lol:

I've lost count at how many awards she's won this year :angel:

SO, SO PROUD TO BE A JUSTINE FAN IN EVERY WAY :angel:

ZeroSOFInfinity
Dec 18th, 2006, 07:17 AM
Well if we do so be it! :ras: At least we don't take the piss out of her off like you do :rolleyes:

Oh cheer up, Justine Fan... it's just a joke :p . I'm also a fan by the way (notice my signature) ;)

MistyGrey
Dec 18th, 2006, 08:04 AM
Its a great feeling counting all these awards! :bounce:
Allez!

Sam L
Dec 18th, 2006, 08:12 AM
Keep climbing Justine. :D

Justine fans are the best!!

felldownagain
Dec 18th, 2006, 09:16 AM
Holy cow, another award !

Oh well, ship it in I suppose.

pooh14
Dec 18th, 2006, 11:54 AM
her site is definitely one of the best official site for the wta players.
very updated, maria s comes second.

Martian KC
Dec 18th, 2006, 02:32 PM
Um congrats?:D

griffin
Dec 18th, 2006, 03:20 PM

Please, if it were up to those two, Juju'd be the only one with a passing grade ;)

She does have a great site, though - from what I've seen, it's got solid content, and it's remarkably gimcrack-free.

Mother_Marjorie
Dec 18th, 2006, 06:08 PM
Please, if it were up to those two, Juju'd be the only one with a passing grade ;)

She does have a great site, though - from what I've seen, it's got solid content, and it's remarkably gimcrack-free.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I rarely go to players official site with the exception of Justine and Maria's. It does seem that Team Henin-Hardenne does communicate to their fans, media, etc. a lot using the site. The statistics portion is quite amazing and it does keep up-to-date news about the sport of tennis in general.

I'm just glad that it was an official players tennis site which was recognized as being the best, instead of the golf people or the basketball folks.