PDA

View Full Version : Nadia is in Australia

goldenlox
Dec 17th, 2006, 12:43 PM
The new season is almost here.
Nadia is in Melbourne with her new coach and fitness coach -

Classy Russian Nadia Petrova has led the parade of the world's best tennis players into town for next month's Australian Open.
Petrova arrived yesterday to start preparing for 2007's first Grand Slam championships at Melbourne Park from January 15-28.
The world No. 6 plans to waste no time getting reacquainted with the Rebound Ace courts.
And she will supplement the practice sessions with fitness training at the on-site gym.
Petrova hopes to hit with Australian Alicia Molik this week once the former fellow top-tenner completes her duties at the local wildcard playoff which finishes tomorrow.
Swedish coach Lars Wahlgren, who spends part of the year in Melbourne and assisted at the Aussies' training camp, is starting a six-week trial with Petrova.
He will organise the on-court work while his brother-in-law Damien Prasad takes care of the fitness routines.
Petrova was a quarter-finalist at the Australian Open last January and the 24-year-old has steadily improved her singles ranking every year.
She is the advance party

Petrova, who lives in Moscow, has been training in Cyprus to escape the cold weather at home.
Wahlgren, a former tour player and the 1989 Australian indoor runner-up to Ivan Lendl, believes she can be even better prepared for the Open by spending Christmas in Melbourne.
"The real practice will start tomorrow. I suggested she come out here early," Wahlgren said yesterday.
"Melbourne is my second home. I've been talking to Tennis Australia and they are helping out with her training.
"t's a great preparation here. I know a lot of people in Australia and they are friendly and helpful.
"The weather is perfect, you can be outdoors all the time. You have a lot of courts and a lot of players. It can't be much better than that.
"There's going to be a team of four and we're going to train for the next 10 days."

Petrova will leave early next week for the Hopman Cup in Perth where she will team with compatriot Dimitry Tursunov in the international mixed doubles event.

goldenlox
Dec 17th, 2006, 12:54 PM
Swedish coach Lars Wahlgren, who spends part of the year in Melbourne and assisted at the Aussies' training camp, is starting a six-week trial :lol:

I wonder if he will be Nadia's coach for the clay season :D

Sharapova's_Boy
Dec 17th, 2006, 12:54 PM
Nadya :yeah:

Maybe she can team up with Alicia for the AO doubles. :hearts:

lilimi
Dec 17th, 2006, 12:59 PM
Swedish coach Lars Wahlgren, who spends part of the year in Melbourne and assisted at the Aussies' training camp, is starting a six-week trial :lol:

I wonder if he will be Nadia's coach for the clay season :D
:lol: that's what i was thinking too.

tenn_ace
Dec 17th, 2006, 02:34 PM
Nadia :eek: this is your coach #45935934753875934 in less then a year.. whatever works for you, girl :kiss:

.Andrew.
Dec 17th, 2006, 02:37 PM
Nadya :yeah:

Maybe she can team up with Alicia for the AO doubles. :hearts:

Nadia and Alicia would be a great team!!! :yeah: :hearts: :D

Tenis Srbija
Dec 17th, 2006, 02:51 PM
I wanna be your's coach :lol: :lol: Please pick me :p

GL to her ;)

goldenlox
Dec 17th, 2006, 03:40 PM
If anyone is in Melbourne, take some pictures of Nadia. Verdasco will take pictures in Perth.

streag
Dec 17th, 2006, 03:46 PM
Wahlgren coached Safina for a short stint in 2005 when she won GdF event in Paris. Something tells me it won't take Nadia much time until she decides to dump him.

goldenlox
Dec 17th, 2006, 04:48 PM
I like this decision to practice in Melbourne. She's going to play some big matches there in 5 weeks.
Golovin spent the winter practicing in Miami, and just missed the final there.

goldenlox
Dec 17th, 2006, 08:06 PM
Australian Open: la Petrova e` gia` a Melbourne
17/12/2006 18.48.18
http://www.datasport.it/immagini/pet776p.jpg(La russa Nadia Petrova)
(AGM-DS) - Roma, 17 dicembre - La tennista russa Nadia Petrova, numero 6 del mondo, e` arrivata sabato a Melbourne per preparare gli Australian Open. La Petrova e` di gran lunga la prima giocatrice a giungere a Melbourne per un torneo che si svolgera` dal 15 al 28 gennaio 2007; lo scopo e` quello di prendere confidenza con il cemento del Melbourne Park e di rifinire l’aspetto atletico della sua preparazione. La Petrova, 24 anni, vuole migliorare i quarti di finale raggiunti la scorsa stagione in questo torneo; per sfuggire al freddo che attanaglia la sua Russia in questo periodo, la tennista si e` allenata prima a Cipro, per poi trasferirsi direttamente in Australia con quattro settimane di anticipo rispetto alla partenza della manifestazione. ‘Allenarsi qui e` la cosa migliore – ha detto la Petrova – perche` in Australia ho tanti amici disposti ad aiutarmi. Poi il tempo e` meraviglioso e si puo` stare tutto il giorno fuori, e come se non bastasse ci sono un sacco di tenniste e tennisti con cui scambiare’. Intanto la prossima settimana volera` a Perth per disputare la Hopman Cup in coppia con Dimitry Tursunov.

Iceland
Dec 17th, 2006, 08:20 PM
Forget my question. I understood. I can be very silly sometimes.

Wannabeknowitall
Dec 17th, 2006, 08:24 PM
Funny Pairing for Hopman Cup.
Petrova/Tursonov, the Russians who speak better English than Russian.
Go team Russia. :lol:
I think Nadia is doing everything in her power to prepare for this slam.
She has a good chance here and I wish her the best.

Ben.
Dec 17th, 2006, 09:41 PM
Nadia :yeah:

Nadia & Alicia practising together should be interesting since they play each other at the hopman cup a few weeks later ;)

plus nadia & alicia pairing up together in doubles should be interesting as well too ;) :yeah:

best of luck on the aussie summer circuit nadia :)

moon
Dec 17th, 2006, 10:08 PM
damn she's early!

goldenlox
Dec 17th, 2006, 11:36 PM
Nadia :yeah:

Nadia & Alicia practising together should be interesting since they play each other at the hopman cup a few weeks later ;)

plus nadia & alicia pairing up together in doubles should be interesting as well too ;) :yeah:

best of luck on the aussie summer circuit nadia :)Alicia is friends with Sveta. So is Amelie. Nadia has played doubles with Sveta also.
I don't know who will play doubles with who.

goldenlox
Dec 18th, 2006, 11:14 AM
Wahlgren coached Safina for a short stint in 2005 when she won GdF event in Paris. Something tells me it won't take Nadia much time until she decides to dump him.
Dinara's current coach, Glen Schaap, used to coach Nadia

Petrova fired her long time coach Glen Schaap late last year because he was too controlling. “I was told how to behave, what I should be, but the person he was trying to create was somebody else. It was not suiting who am I in reality,” she said.

http://blogimages.bloggen.be/kelen/574-ba973d71cbcdb7016e887807a8551735.JPG

Shoulderpova
Dec 19th, 2006, 09:49 AM
Nadia :hug:

Dementieva Serve
Dec 19th, 2006, 09:50 AM
Cya in Perth Nadia :)

goldenlox
Dec 19th, 2006, 10:58 AM
Cya in Perth Nadia :)Russia plays Australia in the opening match Dec 30

Ben.
Dec 19th, 2006, 11:04 AM
Alicia is friends with Sveta. So is Amelie. Nadia has played doubles with Sveta also.
I don't know who will play doubles with who.

yeah, guess we will have to wait & see. glad that alicia has made friends wit sveta & has some good contact with the other girls :)

goldenlox
Dec 19th, 2006, 11:07 AM
Alicia and Sveta won the AO title. They are friends.
http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/english/doc/2005-02/01/xin_15010228164256018671.jpg

Ben.
Dec 19th, 2006, 11:27 AM
Alicia and Sveta won the AO title. They are friends.
http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/english/doc/2005-02/01/xin_15010228164256018671.jpg

nice :yeah: another one of alicia's great memories when she was at her best :)