PDA

View Full Version : Mary 16th favourite French sport(wo)man!!!

willrock
Dec 17th, 2006, 09:45 AM
She was 19th last year. According to L'Equipe.
I guess she is now more popular because French people realized what she achieved. Her 2000 French Open is in all memories.
Plus I'm sure her terrible accident in Linz 'played in her favour'.

Ps: 1st is Laure Manadou
2nd is Thierry Henry
3rd is Amelie

Lu_Weird
Dec 17th, 2006, 09:57 AM
just 19th last year??? a bit disappoited! Last year should be top 10

Wizzy Maryfan
Dec 17th, 2006, 10:12 AM
just 19th last year??? a bit disappoited! Last year should be top 10

For sure but in March last year Mary was better ranked than Mauresmo in the "favorite french personnality", with all people, not only the athletes so ...

Don't care about those rankings, there are here to write something on the newspaper when nothing really interesting happens !

And i wanna add that we are 65 millions people in france and those "rankings" are made with 800 persons who are giving their opinion for all the country !
But if i was among those 800 asked, Mary would have been higher ... so, we can't really refer to those results when they aren't that great !
But we can when it says Mary's the favorite :lol:

stefi62
Dec 17th, 2006, 10:17 AM
Actually, There are two classifications a year.
In june 2006, she was 19th, but in december 2005, she was 14th, and in june 2005, she was 6th.

French people appreciate her, that's only the journalists that seem to have bad memories of her when she was younger. You can always hear it in their comments! But the audience know what she achieved, and as in France, people are almost only interested in tennis for Roland Garros.... well, it's logical Mary is still there!