PDA

View Full Version : interview with MGM!

Beat
Jun 18th, 2002, 08:55 AM
from crappy swiss newspaper blick's website (but an interview's an interview):

http://blick.ch/PB2G/PB2GA/pb2ga.htm?snr=31880

here's the translation:

Q: congratulations! how do you feel after your biggest success yet?
MGM: super! I still can't believe it. I was seeded at number 1 - which put me quite under pressure. I'm very happy that I could still prevail.

Q: the perfect motivation for wimbledon?
MGM: I'm really motivated for wimbledon anyway. I love the ambiance there and I like to play on the fast grass courts.

Q: you're in the maindraw there. how are your chances at the most important grand slam tournament?
MGM: the win in tashkent was very good for my self-confidence. I feel physically fit as well - so the conditions are not bad at all.

Q: but you don't have much time for preparation on grass.
MGM: yes, that's true. still I take three days off at home and will practice on hard courts. on friday I'll travel to england. there I'll still have two days for the necessary preparation.

------------------------------

well, I don't know if it's a good idea to practice on grass courts for two days! I really hope that'll be enough. and let's hope she doesn't get a seeded player in the 1st round!

Vanity
Jun 18th, 2002, 02:02 PM
Thanks for the interview... I shall post it on the site. :)

Marie has Maureen Drake in the first round (as you know...)
She should be fine. Her confidence is high now after winning the Tashkent title, and hard courts is the closest you'll come to grass I suppose. Her power game should have no trouble adapting to the fast surface! :D

Zamboni
Jun 18th, 2002, 02:59 PM
Thanx Beat :)