PDA

View Full Version : Which currently active player life would be the best inspiration for a movie?

tenn_ace
Dec 17th, 2006, 02:22 AM
Jennifer's?

goldenlox
Dec 17th, 2006, 02:29 AM
I like Sveta's story. Because it's very rare to have mother and daughter both be great athletes.

UDACHi
Dec 17th, 2006, 02:32 AM
I like Sveta's story. Because it's very rare to have mother and daughter both be great athletes.

or because you wanted to pick a russian player but wouldn't pick sharapova because you're a crazy weirdo who thinks she's american. :)

LeRoy.
Dec 17th, 2006, 02:33 AM
Jelena Dokic

goldenlox
Dec 17th, 2006, 02:35 AM
or because you wanted to pick a russian player ... :)You are a mental case

Derek.
Dec 17th, 2006, 02:37 AM
Dokic.

Or Serena and Venus' story.

goldenlox
Dec 17th, 2006, 02:38 AM
Will the Dokic story have a happy ending?

tenn_ace
Dec 17th, 2006, 02:38 AM
Jelena Dokic

that's a good choice. I hope Jelena is readin this board and will start writing a book :p

kittyking
Dec 17th, 2006, 02:39 AM
IMO - Maria Sharapova (for winning Wimbledon 04), Serena Williams (for her domination), Venus Williams (for winning Wimbledon 05) or even Yung-Jan Chan maybe

tenn_ace
Dec 17th, 2006, 02:39 AM

yeah, but it should be Sveta's story not her mom ;)

goldenlox
Dec 17th, 2006, 02:41 AM
yeah, but it should be Sveta's story not her mom ;)
It could be about both.

Justine Fan
Dec 17th, 2006, 02:45 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Nadia's mother an athlete? :shrug:

UDACHi
Dec 17th, 2006, 02:48 AM
You are a mental case

not really, i just think that a different excellent RUSSIAN player would make a great book plot. maybe she could even write the book herself in her native language of RUSSIAN while in her home country of RUSSIA. :hearts:

http://external.cache.el-mundo.net/elmundodeporte/fotos_del_dia/2006/03/19/1142762355_extras_fotos_del_dia_0.jpg

goldenlox
Dec 17th, 2006, 02:50 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Nadia's mother an athlete? :shrug:Yes, she won an Olympic medal in the 4x400 run.
But Sveta's mom is a 6 time world champion cyclist, who set 19 world records.
Sveta's brother won a silver medal in Atlanta in cycling.

Wannabeknowitall
Dec 17th, 2006, 02:51 AM
Patty Schynder.
Her life on the tour has been a movie.

hurricanejeanne
Dec 17th, 2006, 02:56 AM
Patty Schynder.

Agreed completely.

IceHock
Dec 17th, 2006, 02:59 AM
I'd put players stories together and make one, you could have Seles and the stabbing, Jennifer coming back, Daniela and her battle with her weight, Williams and where they grew up, Justine's childhood, Jelena's troubles with her father. That would make a nice drama movie.

goldenlox
Dec 17th, 2006, 03:04 AM
The problem is, the popularity of tennis is going down, so it might wind up as a tv movie that only is shown by TTC.
Narrated by Murphy Jensen

selyoink
Dec 17th, 2006, 03:07 AM
Capriati's life would definitely be a good story but she isn't really active anymore.

I think Justine's life would make a good story. So would Venus and Serena.

barmaid
Dec 17th, 2006, 03:18 AM
I just saw a rerun of Wimbledon this afternoon and really although it was a "cute" movie it was hardy a "barnburner"...for complete excitement...pathos, umpteen romances,:hearts: :kiss: stalkers,:cool: meltdowns:sad: hissy fights:p lots of success on the court:worship: hilarious "one-liners":lol: with constant ebbs and flows...magical footage:bounce: I'd say Martina Hingis's life would be :hearts: the most colorful to film:kiss:

barmaid:wavey:

Hugo24
Dec 17th, 2006, 03:23 AM
I would go see a movie about Amelie her life been up and down

WhatTheDeuce
Dec 17th, 2006, 03:35 AM
Definitely Jelena Dokic... that would have some serious action.

vogus
Dec 17th, 2006, 03:37 AM
or because you wanted to pick a russian player but wouldn't pick sharapova because you're a crazy weirdo who thinks she's american. :)

Sharapova is Russian-American. Anyone who doesn't realize she is heavily Americanized is deluded.

iPatty
Dec 17th, 2006, 03:38 AM
Patty.

...well, I guess you could use her if you wanted to get like, a bunch of emo freaks to watch it.

vogus
Dec 17th, 2006, 03:46 AM
Just because a story is outrageous, doesn't mean a movie about it would be interesting. Sometimes wacky things happen to dull people. Dokic is not somebody who i would be willing to sit down for two hours and watch a movie about. The same with the Williams sisters. I just don't really find them interesting. The best tennis movie might be about some obscure player that few people have heard of. Melodrama and the cut-and-dry line of winning and losing, which are two key ingredients in tennis, don't generally make for memorable films.

Derek.
Dec 17th, 2006, 04:28 AM
People, please stop choosing your favorite player. :)

A'DAM
Dec 17th, 2006, 09:09 AM
Martina Hingis or Williams sis without a doubt :worship:

<Sven>
Dec 17th, 2006, 09:51 AM
JHH, the early loss of her mother, the troubles with her father, the intensive training, the first RG win, Pierre-Yves, ... it all screams oscar winning movie ;)

tennisrox
Dec 17th, 2006, 07:18 PM
Patty Schynder.

Definitely!

Ballbasher
Dec 17th, 2006, 07:50 PM
Jennifer Capriati and I have to admit that one about Amelie Mauresmo wouldn't be bad too

Vlad Tepes
Dec 17th, 2006, 08:55 PM
Come on guys, when are you going to accept the fact that JCap and Seles are retired? :rolleyes:

I think Schnyder's life is definately raw material for an award winning movie:angel: , although I would also mention Jelena Dokic, Justine HH and even Clijters would make a good drama (with the unfulfilled expectations, numerous injuries and early retirement).

MrSerenaWilliams
Dec 17th, 2006, 09:00 PM
Venus and Serena...I mean COME ON, you couldn't have WRITTEN it better.

Sharapova and JHH too because of their childhoods, their training, and how special their first slam wins were.

*if they were considered active* Jenn and Monica FOR SURE!

Just Do It
Dec 17th, 2006, 09:08 PM
Dokic 4sure !!!!!!!!!

I'd like to know what the hell was she doing in past 3 years ! Also i'd like to see Damir and Bikic brothers acting in that movie :angel:

Just Do It
Dec 17th, 2006, 09:09 PM
I cant understand people who would like to watch film about JHH :zzz:

¤CharlDa¤
Dec 17th, 2006, 09:21 PM
First one that came to my mind was Shahar Peer. From the army trainings, her childhood, how she won in juniors and did some noice on the pro tour, would be very interesting!

CaptnMatt
Dec 17th, 2006, 11:19 PM
Hingis....no doubt.....if she wins a grand slam in the next few years.....her story would just be amazing...

it could cover her success as a girl, the way the other bigger players wore her down....her meltdown at roland garros 99 and AO 2002.....and then her time away....the way she was drawn back...and eventually wins the grand slam at Roland Garros....it'd be fantastic....so much drama.

Tenis Srbija
Dec 17th, 2006, 11:55 PM
Jelena Dokić :lol: :lol: :lol:

And one nice film about Justine Henin ;)

pooh14
Dec 17th, 2006, 11:58 PM
Jelena Dokic

ya, i think that would be the most interesting movie....
her life is a puzzle

pooh14
Dec 18th, 2006, 12:02 AM
Hingis....no doubt.....if she wins a grand slam in the next few years.....her story would just be amazing...

it could cover her success as a girl, the way the other bigger players wore her down....her meltdown at roland garros 99 and AO 2002.....and then her time away....the way she was drawn back...and eventually wins the grand slam at Roland Garros....it'd be fantastic....so much drama.

ya, quite true, since she achieve so many things at her young age. Her early years, moving to another country with a new father.Then her rivalry with the william sisters, and not to forget what she was actually thinking during the 99 French Open, her retirement, her comeback...with the movie ending with she carrying RG Trophy :p

Maria S would also be interesting. Her moving to US, with her parents struggling to make ends...and how did she end up with glamour image....and how does she feel personally. She seems to be a different girl personally

ZeroSOFInfinity
Dec 18th, 2006, 02:03 AM
Serena Williams... in "Super Size Me: The WTA Version Remake" :lol:

(It's just a joke, Serena fans. No offence).

M&M
Dec 18th, 2006, 02:10 AM
nancy loeffler-caro movie doku akka "borat" ;)

Martian Stacey
Dec 18th, 2006, 02:11 AM
Jennifer's?
You didn't even answer your own question properly :lol: Jennifer isn't an active player

I think I would have to go with the Williams sisters

Brooklyn90
Dec 18th, 2006, 02:14 AM
Serena and Vee's :p

WIMBLY2004
Dec 18th, 2006, 02:26 AM
Patty's as a thriller

vogus
Dec 18th, 2006, 05:40 AM
Patty's as a thriller

who's going to be the villain in the movie though? Rainer Hofmann? Patty's father? The Swiss media bigwigs? The Orange Juice Guru? JollyRoger from this board? Before you can make the movie, you'd have to untangle the story...

zabou1
Dec 18th, 2006, 05:44 AM
Justine of course !!!

Jessie181
Dec 18th, 2006, 07:11 AM
I think that there are a few players who's movie would be good.

Venus' (Not serena's) I think the whole thing about where they grew up, her being on top of the world then how she dealt with being no.2 in her family, the injuries, the childhood, the rivalries, it would all be great stuff..

Also, Patty's story would be a great movie too.

and even though she's pretty much retired, Lindsay would probably be my first pick to make a movie of.

or, like someone else said, a combination of different players would be a good movie to make as well.

KimC&MariaSNo1's
Dec 18th, 2006, 07:33 AM
the obvious one is Maria Sharapova

but i like another russian Dinara Safina standing in the shadow of her brother for so many years now making a name for herself but gets struck down by a disease and we are left at a crossroad as to what happens

WIMBLY2004
Dec 18th, 2006, 08:09 AM
who's going to be the villain in the movie though? Rainer Hofmann? Patty's father? The Swiss media bigwigs? The Orange Juice Guru? JollyRoger from this board? Before you can make the movie, you'd have to untangle the story...

there are enough villains for a lot of sequels :lol:

dawid
Dec 18th, 2006, 08:49 AM
Martina Navratilova, Martina Hingis, Venus and Serena Williams.

MyskinaManiac
Dec 18th, 2006, 08:56 AM
Mary Pierce above all...

Jessie181
Dec 18th, 2006, 09:14 AM
there are enough villains for a lot of sequels :lol:

LMAO exactly.
there's enough villains for, probably, about 3 or 4 sequels.

Jessie181
Dec 18th, 2006, 09:15 AM
Martina Navratilova, Martina Hingis, Venus and Serena Williams.

Martina Navratilova is already retired; didn't she retire at the USO this year?

Martina Hingis would be a pretty good movie as well.

plantman
Dec 18th, 2006, 05:36 PM

WHAT! She's not AMERICAN?
Who would have guessed..............:lol:

plantman
Dec 18th, 2006, 05:38 PM
Jen's!

trivfun
Dec 18th, 2006, 05:45 PM
The Williams sister bar none. Without any doubts because there is story has a beginning, middle, and ongoing saga which may never end.

tenn_ace
Dec 18th, 2006, 05:47 PM
You didn't even answer your own question properly :lol: Jennifer isn't an active player

I think I would have to go with the Williams sisters

tell that Jenn's fans... I happen to agree with them. :p

disco_rage
Dec 18th, 2006, 06:07 PM
I know she ain't exactly active playing at the mo.. but Jennifer's story would be a perfect movie!

but others, yeah the Williams sisters, Hingis.. or the ulimate drama quene Ms.Pierce!

dawid
Dec 18th, 2006, 06:13 PM
Martina Navratilova is already retired; didn't she retire at the USO this year?

Yes, I know, but it hasn't become long ago.

doris_hdz
Dec 18th, 2006, 06:13 PM
Jennifer Capriati, Martina Hingis and the Williams sister

-sugi-
Dec 18th, 2006, 06:22 PM
Mauresmo, Dokic, Schnyder or Henin.

meruvien
Dec 18th, 2006, 07:39 PM
Amelie Mauresmo of course
The plot could be :
1 - her life in boarding school at the FFT
2 - her fight with the FFT
3 - her AO 99 story
4 - her coming out
5 - her "war" with Hingis and the press
6 - her difficult story with her girlfriend
7 - her back injury in 2000
8 - fight for the Olympics 2000 against Tauziat
9 - her great run in the beginning of 2001 ended by her 1st round loss in RG
10 - her knee injury in 2002
etc ......

Greenout
Dec 19th, 2006, 03:11 AM
I wouldn't really pick Maria or Hingis because they were huge juniors on a career path, without much conflict. The road to success was straight forward. Pretty and not wealthy isn't enough to stand up to other films.

There needs to be internal struggle, a fight against the status quo, conflict, a few characters against the player(s).

I'd pick Venus, Justine, Amelie and Patty.

Patty is good material and she would be the only player that could include a high powered car chase scene in the Swiss Alps, road blocks and the police to her film bio. :p

switz
Dec 19th, 2006, 03:42 AM
Patty definitely because it's a story that is real and hasn't been polished by sports agencies to get her endorsements ala Sharapova etc.

I'm sure a lot of girls have had childhoods that are not normal because the environment they grow up in the pressure that they are put under from such an early age certainly isn't normal.

vogus
Dec 19th, 2006, 04:07 AM
Patty definitely because it's a story that is real and hasn't been polished by sports agencies

it's real and unpolished, no doubt about that, but on the other hand, nobody knows exactly what the story is. If you believe Rainer Hofmann's version of events, OR Patty's parents', OR the Swiss tabloids', OR JollyRoger's, i can happily sell you the Golden Gate bridge for 500 euros. Nobody involved can be trusted to present an accurate account, and not Patty either because she always says 100% what Hofmann wants her to. Before you can make a movie you have to make sense of the story and come up with some kind of plot and a denouement. Hofmann's role is the key to the movie. Is he the hero or the villain? We still don't know.

RJWCapriati
Dec 19th, 2006, 04:08 AM
Capriati or Pierce

cartmancop
Dec 19th, 2006, 06:01 AM
Dokic's movie would be a thriller/drama/tear-jerker/every genre...but would be entertaining...

I feel like I know the Venus/Serena & Sharapova story a little too well, having heard them so many times of course....but they would obviously be excellent films if done properly...

PLP
Dec 19th, 2006, 06:06 AM
Martina's would be really interesting....the whole Teen phenom thing!

PLP
Dec 19th, 2006, 06:08 AM
I wouldn't really pick Maria or Hingis because they were huge juniors on a career path, without much conflict. The road to success was straight forward. Pretty and not wealthy isn't enough to stand up to other films.

There needs to be internal struggle, a fight against the status quo, conflict, a few characters against the player(s).

I'd pick Venus, Justine, Amelie and Patty.

Patty is good material and she would be the only player that could include a high powered car chase scene in the Swiss Alps, road blocks and the police to her film bio. :p

See, those are the reasons I think they would be GREAT films!

jenny161185
Dec 19th, 2006, 11:51 AM
capriati and seles IMO

Keaka
Dec 19th, 2006, 11:57 AM
Dokic or Hantuchova or Seles or Capriati

ioni
Dec 19th, 2006, 01:09 PM
Its Ana, not Anna:help: Why would i care for movie about Kournikova
unless its XXX?:devil:

sorry my mistake ...:)

jazzfuzion
Dec 19th, 2006, 01:15 PM
jennifer.the teenage years are way too tantalising to forgo.and the struggle makes it even more material for a movie.the movie starts with her gradual fall in 1993.then ends right after her 2001 ausopen victory.

tenn_ace
Jan 8th, 2007, 04:12 AM
Justine's chances to be the first active player to inspire a movie has just rocketed

LoveFifteen
Jan 8th, 2007, 04:25 AM
The actress who could pull off Justine clutching her stomach and writhing in agony in her hotel room the night before the 2006 AO final would surely win Oscar gold! :angel:

tenn_ace
Jan 8th, 2007, 04:47 AM
^^

it's not going to be easy to find one considering that implants are still in vogue...

switz
Jan 8th, 2007, 05:00 AM
it's real and unpolished, no doubt about that, but on the other hand, nobody knows exactly what the story is. If you believe Rainer Hofmann's version of events, OR Patty's parents', OR the Swiss tabloids', OR JollyRoger's, i can happily sell you the Golden Gate bridge for 500 euros. Nobody involved can be trusted to present an accurate account, and not Patty either because she always says 100% what Hofmann wants her to. Before you can make a movie you have to make sense of the story and come up with some kind of plot and a denouement. Hofmann's role is the key to the movie. Is he the hero or the villain? We still don't know.

a great movie can be made without clearly stating who are the heroes and villans. That is the whole point of Patty's story IMO - the various clashing sides have almost always had a strong motivation to look at everything from their own perspective and have never really tried to bring about a sensible resolution to their troubles.

You only have to look at the way JR went from making it his life's work to ruin Hofmann and Patty, to in the blink of eye dropping his agenda because he realised the side he was on wasn't as clean as he believed.

The sad thing is that Patty's story is just a more high profiled and dramatic version of what so many families go through.

dearplastic
Jan 8th, 2007, 05:43 AM
At first I was thinking, "Venus and Serena, of course." And then I realized, it would be way over-dramatized and blown out of proportion (not that their story isn't amazing or anything like that).

So I think I'll go with Jennifer Capriati. She's had some experiences in her life that would be good thematic elements for a successful movie... drug troubles, boy troubles, up times, down times... and then in the end she would storm back on the tour and win the Grand Slam (hey, her story isn't over yet.)