PDA

View Full Version : Juju openly tells her story about her tears for Carlos and hug with Kim

Mileen
Dec 16th, 2006, 02:22 PM
Henin: "Kim hugged me genuinly"

The year 2006 was very emotional for Justine Henin-Hardenne. A few weeks after the season, the #1 of the world speaks openly about the lesser period with her coach, her relationship with Kim, and her life in Monaco.

"I still don't know how I succeeded in winning the Masters," Henin says. Winning in Madrid gave me more satisfaction than my victory in Roland Garros this year."

Before the Masters, Justine got injured in the Fed Cup final. After that, things got a little worse with her coach Carlos Rodriguez for a while.

"We haven't seen each other for almost a month. That had never happened before. Carlos kept staying updated, but stayed in the background. Ten minutes before the semi final against Sharapova in Madrid, we talked everything through."

"I shared everything that was bothering me. I was so emotional, I had to cry. I felt like I had disappointed Carlos. When I came on court after that, I felt freed."

"I don't know when I'll retire"

By winning the Masters, Justine has filled one of the only few gaps in her palmares, which gave her much satisfaction.

"But I don't know when I'll retire. That could be about 4 or 5 years. In any case, then and only then when I want to do something else," said Justine.

I am 24 years old, but I feel like I've lived several lives already. People make an adult of me, someone I'm still not.

"Kim hugged me genuinly"

Justine also talks in Le Soir about her relationship with Kim. "The most important thing is we respect each other a great lot. It will be very strange when Kim won't take part of the tour anymore. We've experienced a lot - things I will never forget."

"In Madrid, Kim hugged me after my victory against Sharapova. I really felt the genuineness."

"A big competition will disappear when Kim's left the tour, but other rivals will keep me sharp," Justine added.

"I like living in Monaco"

Justine left Belgium for Monaco, and doesn't seem planning to return soon. "But in march next year, we will move here," she says.

"There are too much renovations in this building and also I think it's too expensive. I can afford it, but I think I pay too much for what I get in this block."

"I like living in Monaco. The first few months were heavy, but now I live here like everyone. The inhibitions are gone."

.Andrew.
Dec 16th, 2006, 02:31 PM
Aww, Justine :)

jimbo mack
Dec 16th, 2006, 03:09 PM
nice article, it's sad to think that after next year, there'll be no more henin v clijsters match ups

i wonder what the conversation was between justine and carlos was before her match against sharapova

jazzfuzion
Dec 16th, 2006, 03:12 PM
what happened between carlos and her?pardon my ignorance

Mother_Marjorie
Dec 16th, 2006, 03:36 PM
what happened between carlos and her?pardon my ignorance

Nothing "happened" between Carlos and Justine.

Carlos went home after Justine injured herself at the Fed Cup Finals and called weekly to get updates on Justine's progression (about one month). He can't coach an injured player.

Justine was missing his presence during his absence while she was recovering and they discussed it before the YEC semi's.

Lefty.
Dec 16th, 2006, 03:43 PM
Juju :hug: :hug: :hug:

sapir1434
Dec 16th, 2006, 03:45 PM
I like the article. Justine :hug:

Mightymirza
Dec 16th, 2006, 03:51 PM
Awwww justine...Shes only humane people!!! Allez :worship:

pooh14
Dec 16th, 2006, 03:51 PM
Carlos was just a little angry that Justine played the doubles final in Fed Cup. She was already injured before the doubles match, but insisted on playing. And carlos wasnt too happy about that since it would worse then injury which really did. Justine was out for sometime due to the strain.

Anyway, Justine should be given credit for giving it all for the Fed Cup.

I also think they every little misunderstanding between Kim and Justine is blown out of proportion by the media.
KIm and Justine are good friends. And just like any friends, they have their fair share of misunderstanding.

dizoo
Dec 16th, 2006, 04:50 PM
she's amazing!

Brooks.
Dec 16th, 2006, 06:15 PM
Nothing "happened" between Carlos and Justine.

Carlos went home after Justine injured herself at the Fed Cup Finals and called weekly to get updates on Justine's progression (about one month). He can't coach an injured player.

Justine was missing his presence during his absence while she was recovering and they discussed it before the YEC semi's.

:baby:

treufreund
Dec 16th, 2006, 07:22 PM
Justine :hearts: :angel:

Kim :angel:

Mother_Marjorie
Dec 16th, 2006, 08:36 PM
:baby:

Don't you have a trial to watch or something?

Slumpsova
Dec 16th, 2006, 08:43 PM
"In Madrid, Kim hugged me after my victory against Sharapova. I really felt the genuineness."

"A big competition will disappear when Kim's left the tour, but other rivals will keep me sharp," Justine added.
:awww:
Kim is such a great human being.

Kitten63
Dec 16th, 2006, 08:46 PM
that's such a sweet article.

Andy.
Dec 16th, 2006, 09:00 PM
Thank you for the article, Im rallyu beginning to respect her even more these last few months and even like her a little, its great to see the human side of the top players and not just what is on court.

Sara81
Dec 16th, 2006, 09:32 PM
I also think they every little misunderstanding between Kim and Justine is blown out of proportion by the media.
KIm and Justine are good friends. And just like any friends, they have their fair share of misunderstanding.

I wouldn't call them (good) friends, but they do respect each other ( unlike the media wants us to believe ).
Anyway, nice read :)

Justine Fan
Dec 16th, 2006, 11:21 PM
Don't you have a trial to watch or something?

:haha: :haha:

Wannabeknowitall
Dec 17th, 2006, 12:09 AM
Carlos was just a little angry that Justine played the doubles final in Fed Cup. She was already injured before the doubles match, but insisted on playing. And carlos wasnt too happy about that since it would worse then injury which really did. Justine was out for sometime due to the strain.

Oh he was angry?
I didn't see him say a damn thing when Justine was carrying that heavy child of his.
So he has no problem when someone's doing something for him but a problem when Justine is doing something for her country.

Whatever. :rolleyes:

ttlltt69
Dec 17th, 2006, 12:22 AM
:awww:
Kim is such a great human being.

Kim is an "Animal" , her fans always call her Kim Kong:)

LoveFifteen
Dec 17th, 2006, 01:04 AM
Awwww justine...Shes only humane people!!! Allez :worship:

She's only humane! :unsure:

*DEATH* :haha:

P.S. That was actually a nice article, and it almost made me feel bad for hating her ... for about 2 seconds.

Mother_Marjorie
Dec 17th, 2006, 01:19 AM
Thank you for the article, Im rallyu beginning to respect her even more these last few months and even like her a little, its great to see the human side of the top players and not just what is on court.

And the best thing is that it came from Justine's website, and not some bastardized tennis reporter.

Derek.
Dec 17th, 2006, 01:40 AM

P.S. That was actually a nice article, and it almost made me feel bad for hating her ... for about 2 seconds.

:lol:

vejh
Dec 17th, 2006, 01:59 AM
I wonder if she was crying in the player's lounge (with Shara there). That must have been really dramatic.

She strikes me more and more as an emotional person. But it's such a paradox because she is obviously a very determined, and mentally strong person. I guess she just feels alot, doesn't blind herself to what's going on, but at the same time she won't give up. Similar to how she plays; win or lose, she looks the opponent right in the face in match, or at the net, tells it as it is, suck it up, deal with the problem, and move on.

Mother_Marjorie
Dec 17th, 2006, 03:33 AM
Oh he was angry?
I didn't see him say a damn thing when Justine was carrying that heavy child of his.
So he has no problem when someone's doing something for him but a problem when Justine is doing something for her country.

Whatever. :rolleyes:

And you know for a fact that Carlos asked Justine to "carry that heavy child of his" as a favor? You are really grasping again.

BTW, that was a petty and uncalled for remark, especially coming from someone that rarely has anything positive to say about Team Hardenne, and that criticized Justine for retiring with injury during her Fed Cup doubles match.

Carlos has always looked out for Justine's best interest. Carlos was right, Justine should have taken his advice and not played the doubles rubber because she ended up injured. There was an obvious measure of frustration on everyone's part.

I don't think any athlete, whether its Fed Cup, Grand Slam Finals or any tournament, should put their health at risk playing a tennis match. And as Justine's Coach, Carlos was simply looking out for her best interest. He was right. And you are wrong.

pooh14
Dec 17th, 2006, 04:07 AM
And you know for a fact that Carlos asked Justine to "carry that heavy child of his" as a favor? You are really grasping again.

BTW, that was a petty and uncalled for remark, especially coming from someone that rarely has anything positive to say about Team Hardenne, and that criticized Justine for retiring with injury during her Fed Cup doubles match.

Carlos has always looked out for Justine's best interest. Carlos was right, Justine should have taken his advice and not played the doubles rubber because she ended up injured. There was an obvious measure of frustration on everyone's part.

I don't think any athlete, whether its Fed Cup, Grand Slam Finals or any tournament, should put their health at risk playing a tennis match. And as Justine's Coach, Carlos was simply looking out for her best interest. He was right. And you are wrong.

actually i do not blame justine.
justine had a extremely hard decision to make the other day.
if she decided not to play, the media and belgium fans would have been harsh to her. they would never had beleive the injury.
at the same time, there is a risk of getting the injury worse.

i guess she decided to take the 2nd risk. which is why i say, that is something to be admired, cause she risk her injury and tried her best to win the cup for Belgium.

Mileen
Dec 17th, 2006, 05:56 AM
And the best thing is that it came from Justine's website, and not some bastardized tennis reporter.

I translated it from an (newspaper) article on the internet - while I just could hace copied the english version of her website :rolleyes: Fortunately, I like translating.

To Swam Majorie: Don't misinform people.

Wannabeknowitall
Dec 17th, 2006, 06:49 AM

Yes of course.
I criticized Justine but for two months commented that Justine could rest for the entire fall season and still be number one at the end of the year. :rolleyes:
Surprise Surprise it happened.
I rarely have anything positive to say about Justine because she has yet to fix the kinks in her game at important stages and has yet to prove me wrong.

Ben.
Dec 17th, 2006, 10:44 AM
justine :hug: :hug:

glad she & kim r still great friends & respect each other so much :)

Asif_Nawaz
Dec 17th, 2006, 11:25 AM
:bowdown:

Mother_Marjorie
Dec 17th, 2006, 11:55 AM
I translated it from an (newspaper) article on the internet - while I just could hace copied the english version of her website :rolleyes: Fortunately, I like translating.

To Swam Majorie: Don't misinform people.

I read it on her website, hence, it came from her. Perhaps you should learn better English.

Don't misinform people.

flyingmachine
Dec 17th, 2006, 12:05 PM
justine :hug: :hug:

glad she & kim r still great friends & respect each other so much :)

:hearts:

Justine Fan
Dec 17th, 2006, 12:12 PM
Yes of course.
I criticized Justine but for two months commented that Justine could rest for the entire fall season and still be number one at the end of the year. :rolleyes:
I rarely have anything positive to say about Justine because she has yet to fix the kinks in her game at important stages and has yet to prove me wrong.

Oh look everyone, we have Roger Federer on this thread :eek: Oops, no it's not .... it's a big fat couch potatoe who sits on the internet all day, claims welfare and criticises a professional tennis player (who is #1 in the world for the 3rd time, who's won 5 GS titles, an Olympic Gold, the YEC and various other titles and honours). :haha:

So WannabeKNOW'SFUCK-ALL, how many professional tennis players have you coached then? Or are you going into that fantasy world of yours again? :rolleyes: Oh dear ..... I've told you before, you should go and see a shrink, your fantasy worlds are getting more and more. Do me a favour ..... get lost and go back to eating ice-cream and watching tv! Stop commenting on Justine's game .... you know FUCK-ALL! If only you had as much as Justine had eh? I bet life would be grand then?

Poor you :awww:

Mother_Marjorie
Dec 17th, 2006, 12:36 PM
Yes of course.
You and about 30 other people said the same thing. I mean, anyone with a cheap, working calculator could have figured that out. You are nothing special in that regard.
Like defeating Sharapova and Mauresmo in straight sets on fast indoor carpet to win the YEC in 2006????

I don't see where Justine is performing as badly as you want to make it seem. She's won at least one GS title every year for the past four years, something no other player including Martina Hingis has been able to accomplish from this generation.

I don't know if you were aware, but the harping you do about Justine's service game, and how it seems to fail her during GS events is total bullshit.

FACT: Statistically, her first service percentage has consistently hovered around 55% her ENTIRE CAREER (56% in 2006). And somehow, she manages to win 5 GS titles, an Olympic Title and a YEC defeating the top two players in the world, #1 for two years, all happening in a four year period, and is largely considered a favorite in every GS tournament she plays today.

And you try to make that sound horrible.

Justine made an adjustment to her service motion this fall to prolong her career. Technically, Justine's game is very sound and is able to trade shots with any of the "Big Babe's" on tour. Justine could very well have a 70%+ first serve percentage if she served like Martina Hingis, but the only reason why she is largely successful against big-hitters like Sharapova is because she takes risks on her first serve. Its those "risks" which have likely already earned her a spot in the International Tennis Hall of Fame and the best clay-court player of her generation.

FYI, her winning percentage on grass is 80%. Her worst winning percentage is on indoor surface, which she just defeated the top two players in the world on.

I don't see you as being an authority on any of Justine's game. Whatever changes she needs to make in her game, her longtime coach, Carlos Rodriguez has/is working with her.

cecilija
Dec 17th, 2006, 12:52 PM
Yes of course.

Total rubbish :lol:

It happened because she actually played at the YEC and won it, although you constantly claimed she wasn't going to play. So she didn't rest for the entire fall season, if she had, she wouldn't have been number one now.

Get your facts right first.

terjw
Dec 17th, 2006, 01:10 PM
actually i do not blame justine.
justine had a extremely hard decision to make the other day.
if she decided not to play, the media and belgium fans would have been harsh to her. they would never had beleive the injury.
at the same time, there is a risk of getting the injury worse.

i guess she decided to take the 2nd risk. which is why i say, that is something to be admired, cause she risk her injury and tried her best to win the cup for Belgium.

What happened to pride to play for your country in the Fed cup finals and being the only hope that Belgium could win it as a reason to play - rather than the negative reason of what the media and people like me who were totally pissed off with her not playing the semi-finals would think of her if she hadn't played. I would hope she played for that positive reason. I don't see much to admire her for if it was the negative reason of fear of the reaction she'd get that she played.

pigam
Dec 17th, 2006, 01:35 PM
If there's one thingI don't worry about it's Justine "fixing the kinks in her game" ROFLMAO :haha:
Right, she might not have an impeccable game all the time, but she is ALWAYS modelling her game after the "greats" (sampras, agassi, edberg, ...).
my, my, what's next? Now we're blaming Justine on not working on her game enough. Euhm: question: how much more desperate can you get? :cuckoo:

Justine Fan
Dec 17th, 2006, 01:51 PM
If there's one thingI don't worry about it's Justine "fixing the kinks in her game" ROFLMAO :haha:
Right, she might not have an impeccable game all the time, but she is ALWAYS modelling her game after the "greats" (sampras, agassi, edberg, ...).
my, my, what's next? Now we're blaming Justine on not working on her game enough. Euhm: question: how much more desperate can you get? :cuckoo:

I know! ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!

pooh14
Dec 17th, 2006, 02:05 PM
It doesn't matter if you have nothing positive to say on Justine's game.

All matters is she is WINNING BIG TOURNAMENTS regularly.

rottweily
Dec 17th, 2006, 02:15 PM

That's a start:D

Greenout
Dec 17th, 2006, 02:55 PM
That's a start:D

And I bet it felt like the longest two seconds ever! ;)

ZeroSOFInfinity
Dec 17th, 2006, 04:09 PM
Justine... my queen... :hug:

(By the way, where's Frenchie? Without him / her, the "Unholy Trinity" wouldn't be complete...)

Justine Fan
Dec 17th, 2006, 04:41 PM
Justine... my queen... :hug:

(By the way, where's Frenchie? Without him / her, the "Unholy Trinity" wouldn't be complete...)

She's frightened of getting banned again! :haha: She had to leave another JuJu thread because the mods gave her a warning! :haha:

Pureracket
Dec 17th, 2006, 04:53 PM
I really like the part about the block being overpriced @ the end. . . LOL!!!!! She wants her money's worth. That seems so JHH. :-)

Wannabeknowitall
Dec 17th, 2006, 05:23 PM
Oh look everyone, we have Roger Federer on this thread :eek: Oops, no it's not .... it's a big fat couch potatoe who sits on the internet all day, claims welfare and criticises a professional tennis player (who is #1 in the world for the 3rd time, who's won 5 GS titles, an Olympic Gold, the YEC and various other titles and honours). :haha:

So WannabeKNOW'SFUCK-ALL, how many professional tennis players have you coached then? Or are you going into that fantasy world of yours again? :rolleyes: Oh dear ..... I've told you before, you should go and see a shrink, your fantasy worlds are getting more and more. Do me a favour ..... get lost and go back to eating ice-cream and watching tv! Stop commenting on Justine's game .... you know FUCK-ALL! If only you had as much as Justine had eh? I bet life would be grand then?

Poor you :awww:

I'm not fat. I don't collect welfare. I'm not on the internet all day (I forget to log off of this site when I click the X though).
I have no problem with a nice comfy seat though. :p
If I had as much as Justine, I wouldn't be cheap as she is right now.
I'm not cheap as she is right now and I don't have as much as Justine.
I don't get my turtlenecks from TJ Maxx (as I write in my Versace glasses, Ralph Lauren US Open sweats, and Banana Republic shirt).
That's what your girl does.

I don't need to coach professional tennis to see what's wrong with Justine's game.
When she proves me wrong and wins a SLAM on a fast surface with her opponents in her prime (that would mean Serena and Venus are actually playing the slam unlike the 2003 US Open), then we can talk.

Mightymirza
Dec 17th, 2006, 05:25 PM
She's frightened of getting banned again! :haha: She had to leave another JuJu thread because the mods gave her a warning! :haha:

Thats mean :tape:

Mightymirza
Dec 17th, 2006, 05:26 PM
I'm not fat. I don't collect welfare. I'm not on the internet all day (I forget to log off of this site when I click the X though).
I don't get my turtlenecks from TJ Maxx (as I write in my Versace glasses, Ralph Lauren US Open sweats, and Banana Republic shirt).

I don't need to coach professional tennis to see what's wrong with Justine's game.
When she proves me wrong and wins a SLAM on a fast surface with her opponents in her prime (that would mean Serena and Venus are actually playing the slam unlike the 2003 US Open), then we can talk.
WTF??? :rolleyes: :retard: :help:

rottweily
Dec 17th, 2006, 05:55 PM

Keep on ignoring until you have nothing left...

Mother_Marjorie
Dec 17th, 2006, 06:35 PM
Oh, and don't forget your obsession with men's underwear (hopefully not soiled). You don't want to forget that.
You are not knowledgable enough about the game of tennis to critique a professionals game. In fact, you're probably not even a 3.0. That is, if you even play the sport.
The responsibility of professional tennis players not living up to their hype during their prime doesn't lie on Justine's shoulders. In fact, if Venus and Serena took professional tennis more seriously and made it an obvious priority instead of red carpets and celebrity parties, they might have a chance against Justine in 2007.

BTW, why bring Venus and Serena into this thread? Me thinks Wannabe's shit-stirring tactics are in full-force today. Besides, you might need the help of a few Williams' fans from the looks of things.

Wannabeknowitall
Dec 17th, 2006, 06:36 PM
You and about 30 other people said the same thing. I mean, anyone with a cheap, working calculator could have figured that out. You are nothing special in that regard.

Like defeating Sharapova and Mauresmo in straight sets on fast indoor carpet to win the YEC in 2006????

I don't see where Justine is performing as badly as you want to make it seem. She's won at least one GS title every year for the past four years, something no other player including Martina Hingis has been able to accomplish from this generation.

I don't know if you were aware, but the harping you do about Justine's service game, and how it seems to fail her during GS events is total bullshit.

FACT: Statistically, her first service percentage has consistently hovered around 55% her ENTIRE CAREER (56% in 2006). And somehow, she manages to win 5 GS titles, an Olympic Title and a YEC defeating the top two players in the world, #1 for two years, all happening in a four year period, and is largely considered a favorite in every GS tournament she plays today.

And you try to make that sound horrible.

Justine made an adjustment to her service motion this fall to prolong her career. Technically, Justine's game is very sound and is able to trade shots with any of the "Big Babe's" on tour. Justine could very well have a 70%+ first serve percentage if she served like Martina Hingis, but the only reason why she is largely successful against big-hitters like Sharapova is because she takes risks on her first serve. Its those "risks" which have likely already earned her a spot in the International Tennis Hall of Fame and the best clay-court player of her generation.

FYI, her winning percentage on grass is 80%. Her worst winning percentage is on indoor surface, which she just defeated the top two players in the world on.

I don't see you as being an authority on any of Justine's game. Whatever changes she needs to make in her game, her longtime coach, Carlos Rodriguez has/is working with her.

She probably will continue to win a slam every year as long as Roland Garros is around.
She is the best clay court player of this generation.
I will give her props there.

Here's one thing that I find interesting though.
It took Justine five years to get back to that Wimbledon final.
IMO, her game was better suited to win Wimbledon in 2001 than it is now.
The work effort is there but it's not coming through at the important stages.

Rafa Nadal won the French Open for the second straight year.
The difference in his game in 2 weeks from the French Open to Wimbledon was phenominal.
He went flatter and went for his shots.He went for his serve and still had a good serve percentage. He moved effortlessly and anticipated well.
He still had variety. He was able to open the court with ease (especially with a flat down the line backhand, you might remember that, it got Justine to her first Wimbledon final).
He looked comfortable on that grass even with potential for early upsets.
The thought actually crossed my mind that Federer might not win Wimbledon.

Rafa was able to change his game in two weeks.
It took Justine 5 years to get back to a point where the changes in her game actually made her a serious contender at Wimbledon.
Honestly I don't think she would have been a serious contender even at this Wimbledon if a Williams Sister happened to be in her path to the finals.

As much as Wimbledon has stated that they have slowed down the courts, Justine continues to look uncomfortable on the grass.
She's that talented though to win 80% on the surface.
I'm pretty sure Ivan Lendl has around that percentage on grass as well.
I don't think he won a slam on grass though.

I never said that Justine is playing bad.
Honestly prolonging a career is a waste.
Lindsay Davenport has likely retired.
She prolonged her career. Her doctors gave her about 2 years on those knees of hers.
If she would have just been in the moment in time and went for her shots and moved, she would have had her fourth slam.
It wouldn't have been Wimbledon in 2005 but it probably would have been Wimbledon in 2004.
That's what Justine has to do.
Sure she'll win a couple of more slams on clay if she keeps it up.

She needs to step it up on grass though.

Wannabeknowitall
Dec 17th, 2006, 06:45 PM
Oh, and don't forget your obsession with men's underwear (hopefully not soiled). You don't want to forget that.

You are not knowledgable enough about the game of tennis to critique a professionals game. In fact, you're probably not even a 3.0. That is, if you even play the sport.

The responsibility of professional tennis players not living up to their hype during their prime doesn't lie on Justine's shoulders. In fact, if Venus and Serena took professional tennis more seriously and made it an obvious priority instead of red carpets and celebrity parties, they might have a chance against Justine.

Really? Not even a 3.0. Hilarious. :lol:
I thank you for calling them men's underwear.
You took the high road there. :lol:

They might have a chance against Justine.
The understatement of the year. :worship:

Justine is 4-12 against the William Sisters.
When she gets that to 8-12 then maybe I'll start thinking your way.
Until then I'm just going to laugh at you. :haha:

Mother_Marjorie
Dec 17th, 2006, 06:52 PM
The thought actually crossed my mind that Federer might not win Wimbledon.
:tape: :tape:

Rafa was able to change his game in two weeks.
It took Justine 5 years to get back to a point where the changes in her game actually made her a serious contender at Wimbledon.
Honestly I don't think she would have been a serious contender even at this Wimbledon if a Williams Sister happened to be in her path to the finals.
First of all, Rafa has never won a grand slam event other than the French Open. Justine has wins at the AO and US Open. Rafa didn't win tournaments on every surface this year as Justine did.

Using Rafa as a comparison with Justine is non-sequitur until Rafa can win an indoor tournament, a few hardcourt tournaments, the Olympics, YEC, and few more grand slam singles titles. In short, very poor analogy.
As much as Wimbledon has stated that they have slowed down the courts, Justine continues to look uncomfortable on the grass.
She's that talented though to win 80% on the surface.
I'm pretty sure Ivan Lendl has around that percentage on grass as well.
I don't think he won a slam on grass though.
Justine has never looked uncomfortable on any surface she's played.
Honestly prolonging a career is a waste.
Lindsay Davenport has likely retired.
She prolonged her career. Her doctors gave her about 2 years on those knees of hers.
Justine is much younger than Lindsay and still winning majors. Making changes that will prolong a 24 year olds career is sound coaching. Again, poor analogy on your part.
If she would have just been in the moment in time and went for her shots and moved, she would have had her fourth slam.
It had been years since Lindsay won a grand slam singles title, and I wasn't surprised Venus won. In fact, not many people were.

It wouldn't have been Wimbledon in 2005 but it probably would have been Wimbledon in 2004.
Wishful thinking, but the would, coulda, shoulda scenarios are non-sense in realtionship to factual history in the sport of tennis.
That's what Justine has to do.
Sure she'll win a couple of more slams on clay if she keeps it up.

She needs to step it up on grass though.
Justine just needs to keep doing what she has been doing...winning. On clay, on hardcourt, on grass and indoor.

And that's all you need to know.

Mother_Marjorie
Dec 17th, 2006, 06:56 PM
WTF??? :rolleyes: :retard: :help:

Wannabe needs a boyfriend. If he had a boyfriend, he wouldn't be spending all his time picking on a petite Belgium woman.

Translation: Jealously.

Mother_Marjorie
Dec 17th, 2006, 07:06 PM
It wouldn't matter if Justine wore boxer briefs, because to her fans, as long as she keeps winning, that's all that is important. Which is really what's up your ass (among other things). Justine continues to win and you continue to throw pouty fits.

Wannabeknowitall
Dec 17th, 2006, 07:08 PM
:tape: :tape:

First of all, Rafa has never won a grand slam event other than the French Open. Justine has wins at the AO and US Open. Rafa didn't win tournaments on every surface this year as Justine did.

Using Rafa as a comparison with Justine is non-sequitur until Rafa can win an indoor tournament, a few hardcourt tournaments, the Olympics, YEC, and few more grand slam singles titles. In short, very poor analogy.

Justine has never looked uncomfortable on any surface she's played.

Justine is much younger than Lindsay and still winning majors. Making changes that will prolong a 24 year olds career is sound coaching. Again, poor analogy on your part.

It had been years since Lindsay won a grand slam singles title, and I wasn't surprised Venus won. In fact, not many people were.

Wishful thinking, but the would, coulda, shoulda scenarios are non-sense in realtionship to factual history in the sport of tennis.

Justine just needs to keep doing what she has been doing...winning. On clay, on hardcourt, on grass and indoor.

And that's all you need to know.

Rafa won Madrid, an indoor Master Series tourni, as well as Toronto last year.
Rafa never had the chance to win a title on every surface once he missed the Australian Open.

IMO, Justine's AO and US slams are meaningless.
She won them when her biggest competition was either out of the game or happened to have a piece missing, the Williams Sisters.
Until she is able to either win them again or beat a sister at those slams, she's just an opportunist.
Rafa has actually played his biggest competition twice to win his slams.

I hope she continues to win. I'm sure she'll get a couple more clay court slams before it's all said and done.
Just tell me this.
If Serena and Justine are tied with the same amount of slams in the future and is still missing Wimbledon, are you willing to give Serena credit for being the more complete player for this generation?

Tenis Srbija
Dec 17th, 2006, 07:12 PM
That interview is just great... Esspecially the part about Kim...

Bravo once again Ju Ju ;) :kiss:

Mother_Marjorie
Dec 17th, 2006, 07:24 PM
IMO, Justine's AO and US slams are meaningless.
She won them when her biggest competition was either out of the game or happened to have a piece missing, the Williams Sisters.
Until she is able to either win them again or beat a sister at those slams, she's just an opportunist.
Anyone that calls any players grand slam victory(ies) "meaningless" is attempting to usurp tennis history, bastardize grand slam tennis, and is not a real fan of the sport. You are really showing your true colors, sis.

Well, now that you have begun another pouty fit, lets look at some cold, hard facts:

Of the Five Grand Slam titles Justine has won, Venus played in four of them:

2006 French Open
2005 French Open
2004 Australian Open
2003 French Open

Of the Five Grand Slam titles Justine has won, Serena played in only one of them, and didn't even show for four of them:

2003 French Open

It used to be that Venus and Serena were the gold standard for Grand Slam tennis. However, they are not anymore. But you need to stop living in 2002. We are approaching 2007 and times and players have changed.

Justine, Amelie and Maria are now the gold standard of Grand Slam tennis. Justine is the only player of this generation to win at least one grand slam title in each of the past four years. She is the YEC champion, having defeated the top two players in the world at the time on her worst surface.

You probably believe that Chris and Martina's grand slam victories after Tracy Austin's retirement were meaningless as well. That type of mentality deserves to be attacked, because it is historically not factual, or in the spirit of sports in general.

Just tell me this.
If Serena and Justine are tied with the same amount of slams in the future and is still missing Wimbledon, are you willing to give Serena credit for being the more complete player for this generation?
Your best bet is to let history unfold.

Most fans of tennis hope that Justine and Serena will have the opportunity to renew their rivalry. We're just waiting for Serena to get back out on the court and play GS events more consistently.

You really need to stop living in the past and embrace the reality of the tennis world today. Justine has been season-ending #1 twice since Serena last won at Wimbledon four years ago. Its a reality that you have to deal with.

You can't continue to diminish the accomplishments of Justine Henin-Hardenne and place on her shoulders the fact Serena and Venus have had motivational issues related to their tennis and their ranking continues to fall. Not only is not fair, but its not placing the blame where it should lie, at the feet of Venus and Serena Williams.

I've learned a few things about you in this thread, and I hope others have read it too. You've belittled the way Justine dresses, her Grand Slam victories, the way she plays tennis and even how she serves. Its very, very obvious you hate Justine. And Judge Marjorie finds you guilty of being a hater bitch! Kangaroo Court now adjourned!

treufreund
Dec 17th, 2006, 07:47 PM
i cannot believe you all write this much to argue back and forth. this is a HAPPY THREAD!

Wannabeknowitall
Dec 17th, 2006, 08:15 PM
I've learned a few things about you in this thread, and I hope others have read it too. You've belittled the way Justine dresses, her Grand Slam victories, the way she plays tennis and even how she serves. Its very, very obvious you hate Justine. And Judge Marjorie finds you guilty of being a hater bitch! Kangaroo Court now adjourned!

Judge Marjorie needs to find a new job because she's a bit impartial. :p

Yes I dislike the way she dresses.
The best pictures of her are in a dress: a wedding dress, a black dress, and a tennis dress.
It would be nice if she wears one once in a while to a player's party instead of hiding whatever breast she has.

I like the way she plays just not the way she plays on grass.
I give her props when I see development as I have been doing for the last week when it comes to Justine's forehand approach (and the variety with it).

I do question some of Justine's slams specifically the US Open and Australian Open.
I don't live in 2002 but since Serena won two slams in 2003 why shouldn't I believe that she would have won a 3rd slam if she actually played?

Why shouldn't I believe Serena would have won the 2004 Australian Open when she won the Australian Open in 2005 overweight?

I have commented about Justine's serve because I'm annoyed.
So Carlos tinkered with Justine's serve over the summer, so she could be more consistent and she has actually has more issues with her serve since.
That's ridiculous and not Justine's fault.

I'm not hating on Justine.
I'm just looking at her in a view you would rather ignore in any fashion if possible.

Europe rocks
Dec 17th, 2006, 08:43 PM
What a lovely article :D Justine is only human and it's about time that people realised that, so stop the hating and start appreciating the fact that we have her in our sport

rottweily
Dec 17th, 2006, 10:02 PM
I have commented about Justine's serve because I'm annoyed.
So Carlos tinkered with Justine's serve over the summer, so she could be more consistent and she has actually has more issues with her serve since.
That's ridiculous and not Justine's fault.

FFS the change of motion is done to get less injured, as said ten million times.
STFU and admit that you are a plain worthless ignorant bitchy hater.

tard~tard
Dec 17th, 2006, 10:27 PM
i cannot believe you all write this much to argue back and forth. this is a HAPPY THREAD!

:) You're right truefreund.

The story about Justine tears ... (imo)

It goes back to January the 28th of 2006. Final of the AO.
Justine, after rolling on the flour in pain the night before,
refrained from informing Carlos R., her coach, how sick she
was and decided all on her own to play that match, regardless
the bad physical state she was in.
He would've forbidden her to play, that's for sure, and she knew
that. The doctor who examined her right after her retirement,
confirmed the obvious, and stated that she had behaved
irresponsible towards her own health and should've withdrawn
from that match.
Ultimately, and after she was diagnosed with a stomach ulcer,
JHH admitted her mistake and acknowledged that she was wrong
for turning up to try to play that final.
(easier said than done, it was GS final after all)

Fed-Cup final 2006 against Italy. To win or not to win, it all
depends on one person : Justine Henin.
After her first singles match, she complains about a heavy knee
pain.
Still, she keeps on playing and also wins her second singles match
against F. Schiavone.
By that time the injury seems to be quite serious, but there's still
a doubles match to be played to decide the winner.
Lots of commotion. Carlos wants her to quit, Justine believes, it's
up to the doctor to make the decision. The doctor doesn't feel like
taking the responsibility and let her decide.
She plays ... as a result, severe injury, out of competition for at
least two months, the risk of A. Mauresmo and M. Sharapova ending
the year as world #1 instead of her.

It's Carlos' job to take care of her as a coach. Justine's decision to
play the doubles match during the Fed-Cup final must have looked to
him like a déja vue of her decision to play that AO final : irresponsible
and unprofessional.
He probably felt disappointed in her, for making that same mistake
again.
He was worried and quite rightly, and I think he felt like taking some
distance from her, to give her the time for selfreflection.

I do understand Justine's reasons for trying, at the AO as well as at
the Fed-Cup. Feeling responsible, her pride, being the champion she is,
and not wanting to disappoint the opponent, the crowd, etc ...
And even more, the 24 year old stubborn lady she is.

She's young, she's still so very young and felt abandoned by Carlos.
Hence, her emotional breakdown at the YEC before the SF against
Maria Sharapova.

I understand them both, Justine and Carlos, I really do, but she's the
young ambitious woman and he's the wise, matured guy.
I just hope, she listens a bit more to him in the future.
JHH is a fabulous and amazing woman, but she also, only 24 years old.
And like with all 24 years old, there's still a lot of growing up to do at
that age.

(just my 2 cents btw)

Corswandt
Dec 17th, 2006, 11:13 PM
It goes back to January the 28th of 2006. Final of the AO.
Justine, after rolling on the flour in pain the night before,
refrained from informing Carlos R., her coach, how sick she
was and decided all on her own to play that match, regardless
the bad physical state she was in.
He would've forbidden her to play, that's for sure, and she knew
that. The doctor who examined her right after her retirement,
confirmed the obvious, and stated that she had behaved
irresponsible towards her own health and should've withdrawn
from that match.
Ultimately, and after she was diagnosed with a stomach ulcer,
JHH admitted her mistake and acknowledged that she was wrong
for turning up to try to play that final.
(easier said than done, it was GS final after all)

http://clicksmilies.com/s0105/party/party-smiley-028.gif

Justine Fan
Dec 17th, 2006, 11:43 PM

I always knew you were a fiddler! :p So, tell me, how much do you fiddle?

You're a Novotna fan and you are putting up a http://clicksmilies.com/s0105/party/party-smiley-028.gif. Oh dear ... I'm sure the Duchess of Kent must have had many http://clicksmilies.com/s0105/party/party-smiley-028.gifhttp://clicksmilies.com/s0105/party/party-smiley-028.gifhttp://clicksmilies.com/s0105/party/party-smiley-028.gif when Novotna was crying on her shoulder :haha: :haha: How sad is that? :lol:

tard~tard
Dec 17th, 2006, 11:58 PM

This is just amazing!
While I was writing my message, I was thinking of you Corswandt,
really. Wondering how you would react to my "pshycho-babble"
(as you like to call it ;) ), and there you are already.

I'm some sort of a clairvoyant when it comes to you, so it seems. :lol:
You're too predictable. (I just knew you would post a reply LoL)

I do appreciate your match reports a lot though, so I'm definitaly
looking forward to the 2007 season. Surprise me. :wavey:

Justine Fan
Dec 18th, 2006, 12:04 AM
This is just amazing!
While I was writing my message, I was thinking of you Corswandt,
really. Wondering how you would react to my "pshycho-babble"
(as you like to call it ;) ), and there you are already.

I'm some sort of a clairvoyant when it comes to you, so it seems. :lol:
You're too predictable. (I just knew you would post a reply LoL)

I do appreciate your match reports a lot though, so I'm definitaly
looking forward to the 2007 season. Surprise me. :wavey:

ROFLMAO!!

I love it when you take the pi$$ out of someone ;) :rolls:

I know .....Corswandt is soooooooo predictable it's just plain :zzz:

tard~tard
Dec 18th, 2006, 12:16 AM
ROFLMAO!!
I love it when you take the pi$$ out of someone ;) :rolls:

Oh, but I wasn't, honestly.
Corswandt doesn't like, what he/she calls my psycho-babbles,
but he/she has all the right to do so imo.
(although you don't offer much aguments for discussion Corswandt,
not much I can do with a violin)

And I really, really like to read his/her match reports. I don't always
have to agree with them, but at least I know that when I couldn't
watch a particular match; there's still that chance Corswandt will
write about it. :)

Corswandt
Dec 18th, 2006, 12:22 AM
Oh, but I wasn't, honestly.
Corswandt doesn't like, what he/she calls my psycho-babbles,
but he/she has all the right to do so imo.
(although you don't offer much aguments for discussion Corswandt,
not much I can do with a violin)

There isn't much to say. I don't buy that AO story (never did), you do.

But kudos for being polite and a good sport as always.

!<blocparty>!
Dec 18th, 2006, 01:08 AM
Well, Serena Williams and Justine Henin-Hardenne have something in common with each other - they're both tight as fuck. :o

*death* @ the expensive comments. :speakles: I wonder if Justine owns anything by Chanel.

Junex
Dec 18th, 2006, 02:38 AM
Why shouldn't I believe Serena would have won the 2004 Australian Open when she won the Australian Open in 2005 overweight?

Because Justine never played it!!!:devil:

right back at you!!!!:drool:

Allez-H
Dec 18th, 2006, 06:48 AM
Well, Serena Williams and Justine Henin-Hardenne have something in common with each other - they're both tight as fuck. :o

*death* @ the expensive comments. :speakles: I wonder if Justine owns anything by Chanel.

Pfff, why should she wear Chanel when she gets free clothes from Adidas :drool:

Justine Fan
Dec 18th, 2006, 07:00 AM
Because Justine never played it!!!:devil:

right back at you!!!!:drool:

GAME, SET & MATCH TO JUSTINE FANS :cool: :angel:

The End! WannabeKNOWSFUCK-ALL loses ........... again :lol: