PDA

View Full Version : Jelena racially abused by mob

Verdasco
Dec 16th, 2006, 03:01 PM
Quoted from raquel on GM

Another incident to add to the saga of Jelena....

I really hope she can make some sort of comeback and just play tennis consistently again.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,...rom=public_rss

Dokic abused by mob

By Leo Schlink
December 17, 2006
JELENA Dokic has been racially abused by a group of Croatian men in a confrontation allegedly linked to inflammatory remarks made by her estranged father, Damir.

A Croatian newspaper yesterday reported former world No4 Dokic, her boyfriend Tin Bikic and her coach Borna Bikic were surrounded by an angry gang in Zagreb after a training session.

The group allegedly jostled the Australian Olympian and made a string of anti-Serbian comments before throwing fruit juice at her.

The anti-Serbian comments were reportedly made in reprisal for one of Damir Dokic's rants against Croatia and his recent unfounded claim his daughter had been kidnapped by the Bikic brothers, who are Croatian.
Jelena was said to have been uninjured in the incident but was reportedly traumatised.

The former Sydneysider now lives in Zagreb and has a home in Monte Carlo.
Born in Belgrade, Serbia, Dokic returned to Australian colours in January after representing Serbia and Montenegro for five years. The baseliner, wallowing at No.586 in the world, has moved to sever ties with her father but is now mired in what appears to be a deliberate campaign to wreck what is left of her career.

Dokic senior emigrated with his family to Sydney in 1994 as Jelena's stellar junior career peaked with a ranking of world No.1 and acclaim as the International Tennis Federation's world junior champion.

After being involved in several unsavoury incidents, including allegations of mentally and physically intimidating Jelena, Damir Dokic returned to Europe in 2001 after falling out with the Australian tennis community.

He now lives near Belgrade, where he grows fruit and makes wine. The burly former truck driver and boxer has not been seen at grand slam tennis tournaments for several seasons after being banned in 2000 by the Women's Tennis Association for six months.

At 23, Jelena has said she intends to resurrect her game and reappeared on the circuit last month in Germany.
Sunday Mail (SA)

Belco
Dec 16th, 2006, 04:26 PM
Time for jelena to leave croatia and Tin :D

Just Do It
Dec 16th, 2006, 06:07 PM
yes today i read that the president of Serbian tennis committee ( Orlandic) offered Jelena to come in Belgrade to train for free !!!!!

JimM
Dec 17th, 2006, 12:22 AM
I wish she would just move too Australia and have an end too this terrible carry on

:sad:

Erika_Angel
Dec 17th, 2006, 02:05 AM
Jelena needs to get out of Europe, sell her apartment and move to Australia. That kind of stuff would never happen there and it is her best chance to get back to good form, with good facilities and support. Play the Australian ITFs, the asian ones, I'm sure the travel wouldnt be that expensive.

Verdasco
Dec 17th, 2006, 06:31 AM
Yeah. Also in Australian ITF tournaments Jelena would easily get Wildcards :)

Jelena needs to get out of Europe, sell her apartment and move to Australia. That kind of stuff would never happen there and it is her best chance to get back to good form, with good facilities and support. Play the Australian ITFs, the asian ones, I'm sure the travel wouldnt be that expensive.