PDA

View Full Version : Injured Claudine Schaul has aims again!

Drimal
Dec 16th, 2006, 12:15 PM
Great article in my newspaper yesterday. I am resuming the most important parts.

Claudine Schaul won't forget the nightmare of this year's Fortis Championships. In the first round of the qualification against the Ukrainian Kateryna Bondarenko she had two MP but injured her knee so bad that she was forced to give up and withdraw from all tournaments till next May!

This week the 23 year old player spoke about the past and her future as well as the healing process. First of all she thanked her sponsor Fujitsu Siemens who offered her a laptop ( :yeah: ) that they were supporting her in such a difficult time: "It's not natural to support a player in a period of weakness and I'm appreciating it alot."

Only since few days she can get rid of crutches and splints for the first time since her crucial ligament. (Claudine Schaul got operated four or five weeks ago)
"I'm glad that I can get active in sports again. I began with driving bicycle this week and I realize that my knee is improving after every week." But she can't run yet because sometimes she has still aches while walking.

In the near future Claudine Schaul will start with the rebuilding of her thigh muscle who has become very weak during her injury pause.

"My physiotherapist is adapting the programm on my daily condition. There are days where I'm doing less and days where I'm doing more."

It's still unsure when she will move on a tennis court again but normally it should be six months after operation - so in May (?) if everything is going well.
Claudine Schaul can hardly wait for her comeback: "My time-out is so long for me at the moment although not even the half of it is over."
In the time when Claudine Schaul can't fight for world ranking points she is profitting from a rule that is allowing her to chose 8 tournaments to save her points from last year. Because of the fact that she will only miss 2 instead of 3 Grand Slams she can't use a projected ranking at a Grand Slam.

She looks back at 2006: "At the beginning I had alot of problems but then I found my form at the US series. Unfortunately my improvement was stopped by the injury."

For the next year Claudine Schaul has alot of aims: "I want to get back to my good form, to become stonger physically and play smaller tournaments in order to improve." She wants to get back to top 100 one day but won't put herself under pressure.

Actually Claudine Schaul is repeating two school years she missed because of her tennis career: "I don't like the Luxembourgish system and therefore I'm doing my school- leaving exam (Abitur) with correspondence in Brussel. They are in March and April so that I have a bit of work."

Then she talked about Anne Kremer, who is a nice and friendly player who has given her advices in the past. They have a good relationship and she could imagine working with her together in the future. And they both dislike to play against eachother.
-----

Good luck Claudine with your exams and speedy recovery! :kiss: :hug:

Can't wait to have her back on court! :angel:

Craigy
Dec 16th, 2006, 12:18 PM
Nice article! thanks :)

:inlove:
Dec 16th, 2006, 12:34 PM
Claudine :hug:
Hope she can fulfill her aims. :hearts:

-sugi-
Dec 16th, 2006, 01:06 PM
Claudine :hug: Hopefully she can be top 100 again

The Dawntreader
Dec 16th, 2006, 01:09 PM
Hope she can recover from this, and break the top 100 again:)

Though i'll never forgive her for beating Lindsay in strasbourg:( :lol:

ioni
Dec 16th, 2006, 01:10 PM
good luck Claudine ! :hug:

The Crow
Dec 16th, 2006, 02:13 PM
I really hope she can get back to her old form or even better.

Nice to hear she's picking up her schoolwork in the mean time :yeah:

:hug:

.Andrew.
Dec 16th, 2006, 02:32 PM
Claudine :hug:
Hope she can fulfill her aims. :hearts:

Yep, go Claudine!!! :)

rated_next
Dec 16th, 2006, 02:33 PM

any news on Mandy Minella as well?

LefandePatty
Dec 16th, 2006, 05:02 PM
Great news. :)

tenn_ace
Dec 16th, 2006, 06:00 PM
good luk to Claudine! You girl gotta realize your potrntial... :wavey:

Anne Kremer :hearts: IS the nicest and most humble girl on the tour! She was so so very sweet when I met her. :worship: