PDA

View Full Version : Li Ting and Zheng Jie both have husbands nows!!! (Picture included on page 2!)

Hikari
Dec 16th, 2006, 02:46 AM
This might come as a shock (it was definitely a surprise to me) but I just read on Sina.com that both Zheng Jie and Li Ting are already married. Li Ting said she got her marriage license around July this year and Zheng soon followed. In this interview, Li Ting joked that the only singles on the team now are Yan Zi and Peng Shuai who are both fairly young. Does this mean Sun Tian Tian is already married too??? Li Ting's husband works in the police force/army and works as security at a hospital. They met in 2005. He couldn't accompany Li Ting to Doha because under law, soldiers are not allowed to travel abroad. Finally, she joked to the reporters that they shouldn't tell Zheng Jie that she spilled the beans on her marriage. :D

Anyway, here's the original article that I translated:

奥运冠军在亚运会上半决赛出局,这种让人懊恼的事情就发生在中国网球女双的双保险之一、雅典奥运会金牌 得主李婷/孙甜甜身上。但失败并没有从李婷脸上夺走爽朗的笑容,已经结束亚运征程的她,心情轻松得甚至向媒体自爆婚姻 状况。

李婷坦言,自己在今年7月就已经领了结婚证。她说:他是武警部队的,在医院有一个点,在那里工作。 李婷说,他们两个人是在2005年才认识的,但仅仅一年时间就决定
牵手未来的人生了。这届亚运会让李婷遗憾的倒不是没拿到冠军,而是丈夫不能陪伴自己来到多哈,因为现役军 人不能出国。说完了自己的婚姻状况,李婷还继续给网球队爆料,笑称现在队中几乎人人都结婚了,只 剩下晏紫和年纪尚小的彭帅还在待字闺中;连郑洁也是就跟在我后面领的证自觉多言的李婷接着就半 开玩笑的声明:你们可别说是我说的啊! 严媛

.Andrew.
Dec 16th, 2006, 02:49 AM
Who is Ting Li? Does she play on the WTA Tour? :confused:

Hikari
Dec 16th, 2006, 02:50 AM
Who is Ting Li? Does she play on the WTA Tour? :confused:

She's Sun Tian Tian's doubles partner. They won the 2004 Athens Olympic doubles title. You at least know who Sun Tian Tian is right?

.Andrew.
Dec 16th, 2006, 02:51 AM
:lol: Oh I know who is Ting Li is now... Lol sorry.. I know Tian Tian though :D ;)

Tennace
Dec 16th, 2006, 02:55 AM
After I read the thread title, I thought Zheng and Ting got married to each other

:tape: :tape: :weirdo: :weirdo:

jisung
Dec 16th, 2006, 02:55 AM
Tian-tian as well ,I think :lol:

jisung
Dec 16th, 2006, 02:56 AM
After I read the thread title, I thought Zheng and Ting got married to each other

:eek: :lol:

.Andrew.
Dec 16th, 2006, 02:56 AM

I thought the same thing... :help: :tape:

Hikari
Dec 16th, 2006, 03:05 AM
Haha, I don't think that's allowed in China. Besides, you think something like this could stay quiet in the CTA? My god, Sun Jin Fang will go ballistic again, and have another press conference condemning the evils of same sex marriage, especially among team mates.

For those who don't know, Sun Jin Fang is the head of the Chinese Tennis Association (CTA). She was the one who publicly denounced Peng Shuai when Peng wanted to go it alone on the WTA tour by hiring her own coach and fitness trainer. Sun Jin Fang went on television and held a press conference. She blamed Peng for not being nationalistic enough, and said "Who do you think you are? Sharapova?".....how dare you request your own personal staff when the rest of the team has to share coaches. In addition, she said that there is zero chance for Peng to travel alone because she was raised and supported by the CTA for her training. Thus, she must pay back all the money she used if she wants to quit the CTA.

Brooklyn90
Dec 16th, 2006, 03:10 AM
I thought the same thing... :help: :tape:

so did i :lol:

Cat's Pajamas
Dec 16th, 2006, 03:11 AM

same :o :tape:

1star
Dec 16th, 2006, 03:19 AM
It's a "rumour". Li Ting did get married while Zheng Jie got engaged, not married yet, which is clarified by her mother.

Hikari
Dec 16th, 2006, 05:09 AM
Oh really? Do you have the link to that article where Zheng's mother clarifies the issue. According to the Sina article, it said Zheng went to get a license. Do you need a license for engagement???

drake3781
Dec 16th, 2006, 05:14 AM
Oh really? Do you have the link to that article where Zheng's mother clarifies the issue. According to the Sina article, it said Zheng went to get a license. Do you need a license for engagement???

Don't know about in China, but in the US you do get a license when you are engaged. It is something you do prior to being married.

drake3781
Dec 16th, 2006, 05:15 AM

Can't stop laughing about that one. :rolls: :lol:

drake3781
Dec 16th, 2006, 05:17 AM
Haha, I don't think that's allowed in China. Besides, you think something like this could stay quiet in the CTA? My god, Sun Jin Fang will go ballistic again, and have another press conference condemning the evils of same sex marriage, especially among team mates.

For those who don't know, Sun Jin Fang is the head of the Chinese Tennis Association (CTA). She was the one who publicly denounced Peng Shuai when Peng wanted to go it alone on the WTA tour by hiring her own coach and fitness trainer. Sun Jin Fang went on television and held a press conference. She blamed Peng for not being nationalistic enough, and said "Who do you think you are? Sharapova?".....how dare you request your own personal staff when the rest of the team has to share coaches. In addition, she said that there is zero chance for Peng to travel alone because she was raised and supported by the CTA for her training. Thus, she must pay back all the money she used if she wants to quit the CTA.

Ha ha, and don't forget this: if Peng wanted to get some money from CTA to train independently, she must sign a promise to win the Olympics. :weirdo:

Lin Lin
Dec 16th, 2006, 05:19 AM
na li definitely has husband now

-sugi-
Dec 16th, 2006, 10:08 AM
Congrats Ting :)

LefandePatty
Dec 16th, 2006, 10:40 AM
Ti Ling? married? :o

Ben.
Dec 16th, 2006, 10:53 AM

:lol: :o

didn't expect both of them to be married so soon :eek:

can't help laughing what tennace thought :rolls: :lol:

1star
Dec 16th, 2006, 11:11 AM
Oh really? Do you have the link to that article where Zheng's mother clarifies the issue. According to the Sina article, it said Zheng went to get a license. Do you need a license for engagement???:
http://sports.sina.com.cn/doha2006/t/2006-12-14/09052639992.shtml

"Some say Zheng jie already got married. This is absolutely nonsense. Zheng Jie is still young. She's still courting. It's too early for her to get married.
有人说郑洁结婚了,完全是不负责任地乱说!郑洁还小,她现在还在谈恋爱,结婚还早!"

Yes, we need a license for engagement. But i'm not quite sure if is the case with Zheng. There're different versions about it. I dont even believe what her mother said, lol :lol:

Hikari
Dec 16th, 2006, 08:43 PM
http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/38/zheng55xi6.th.png (http://img230.imageshack.us/my.php?image=zheng55xi6.png)

I think this is Zheng Jie's fiance/husband, LOL. That's the evil woman Sun Jin Fang on the right.

Rising Sun
Dec 17th, 2006, 11:19 AM
They seem to get married quite early. I remember even Li Fang and Yi Jing-Qian got married young.

1star
Dec 17th, 2006, 03:00 PM
http://sports.qianlong.com/4713/2006/12/15/62@3564976.htm

OMG, my sixth sense told me in my previous post i did not believe what Zheng's mother had to say.

i got another news from sina that Zheng admitted she got married. They went to get the license on Aug.1 even though her mother kept denying the fact. (Maybe no wedding ceremony.)

http://sports.sina.com.cn/o/6-12-112932_zhangyu02101.jpghttp://www.people.com.cn/media/20051021/425025.jpg

CooCooCachoo
Dec 17th, 2006, 03:01 PM
Jie :hearts: Great photo.

Ellery
Dec 17th, 2006, 05:07 PM
Great pic of Jie :D

Hikari
Dec 17th, 2006, 05:16 PM
Is Zheng Jie's husband still an active player? I've read somewhere he's the coach of some province team....I wonder how old is he.

davidmario
Dec 17th, 2006, 11:07 PM
did she marry in nike apparel?

Hikari
Dec 17th, 2006, 11:59 PM
did she marry in nike apparel?

:lol: God, I bet Sun Jin Fang was there telling her although she is married, she still must be loyal to the CTA and perform. Then she proceeds to take some more prize money from Zheng.

LOL, maybe they'll have a team marriage, all wearing Nike apparel at their weddings. That's the way to build team spirit.

1star
Dec 18th, 2006, 01:34 PM
Is Zheng Jie's husband still an active player? I've read somewhere he's the coach of some province team....I wonder how old is he.He retired end 2005 and is now a coach in Beijing/National Team. He's 29 years old, six years older than Zheng.

Hikari
Dec 18th, 2006, 08:24 PM
Did he ever play on the ATP tour? I've never heard of him before......