PDA

View Full Version : Wow a sad day for me as a Lindsay fan.

Jakeev
Dec 15th, 2006, 09:18 AM
As much as I can only congradulate Lindsay on her new life adventure, I am truly sad that it's actually over.

I became a fan when she won the Olympics in 1996 and I never looked back. She was a true champion on and off the court and I bet her kids are going to have the greatest mom on the block.

Lindsay I love you and big time congrats on your news. Forgive me for still feeling sad not gonna get to see you on court again but who knows, you might get that itch back in the future;)

bmwofoz
Dec 15th, 2006, 09:46 AM
As much as I can only congradulate Lindsay on her new life adventure, I am truly sad that it's actually over.

I became a fan when she won the Olympics in 1996 and I never looked back. She was a true champion on and off the court and I bet her kids are going to have the greatest mom on the block.

Lindsay I love you and big time congrats on your news. Forgive me for still feeling sad not gonna get to see you on court again but who knows, you might get that itch back in the future;)

I agree with your words, she is a great Tennis player, and a real credit to her family.

Verdasco
Dec 15th, 2006, 09:49 AM
I must admit I wasn't a huge Lindsay fan but she definitely was in my top 15 favourites. I supported her for all her matches except for when she came up against my very favourites.

I wish Lindsay all the best with the rest of her life and I hope she will have a happy time with her husband and soon-to-be child :)

hurricanejeanne
Dec 15th, 2006, 10:34 AM
The most of us feel this way, Jakeev.
It's a touch selfish, but we've all in a sense grown up with her. She's a little piece of all of us. And while she sits there and says she won't play again, she hasn't officially retired, well at least not yet.
I've been dealing with the worldwind of emotions these past couple of days, I've made about 120+ posts about her and I have tried my best to accept it as is.

I will say that that little piece of me that grew up with Lindsay these last couple of years will always be there. I will always be a proud Lindsay fan and will still defend her honor. And I will always love her with all of my heart.

And with the future, she says she won't be back. And I'm sure she won't, but then again, we are talking about the most fickle woman in the world.

Gooner
Dec 15th, 2006, 03:37 PM
It is sad to see such a great champion leaving the sport like Lindsey. But I am glad that she is pregnant and going to have a baby.

pooh14
Dec 15th, 2006, 03:54 PM
ya it is definitely a sad day for women tennis for losing one of its star.

the only positive thing we can take her is she retired for a happy cause, rather then retiring due to injury.

Gooner
Dec 15th, 2006, 03:58 PM
And in 20 years we could have Lindsey baby on tour possibly. :)

hurricanejeanne
Dec 15th, 2006, 04:04 PM
And in 20 years we could have Lindsey baby on tour possibly. :)

A future Wimbledon champion perhaps ;)

Kart
Dec 15th, 2006, 05:16 PM

:hug:

Talula
Dec 15th, 2006, 08:16 PM
Monica, Jennifer, now Lindsay. Lindsay was NOT a drama queen. Lindsay was NOT a sob sister. Lindsay was NOT a reformed reprobate going on talk shows asking to be forgiven. Lindsay did what Steffi did - let her racket do the talking, through wins and losses.

The Lindsay years were the ones I cheered against her - when I wanted Monica or martina to win.

It just goes to show - you wont miss them until they are gone. Let that be a lesson to me and everyone else that cheers against a player.

The end of an era. I'll miss you Lindsay.

Jakeev
Dec 16th, 2006, 06:00 AM

awww thnks Kart baby:kiss:

bmwofoz
Dec 16th, 2006, 07:29 AM
A future Wimbledon champion perhaps ;)

I hope you don't mind, but I love the words in your sig, its all so true, I remember Lindsay as a junior, was a small fat kid, whom couldn't move must.

But though hard work became a true champion, and because of this, she has become a person of great credibility

"She was one of the great overachievers. It must be nice to retire and know that you've exceeded your expectations. Davenport was a limited athlete but still managed to win three slams, become number one, and play in the Olympics.
Through it all she kept her sanity and was the voice of reason. It was easy to over look her but she was the grown up in this cast."
Wertheim on Lindsay, July 2004.

1star
Dec 16th, 2006, 12:00 PM
I respect Lindsay as a great person and great player. She is my role model.:worship:

she is so nice, unlike some of the women on the tour. She gets along well with everybody. She just let tennis talk itself on court:yeah:

I will be missing her veeeeery much :sad:

willrock
Dec 16th, 2006, 12:07 PM

akosiirwyn
Dec 16th, 2006, 02:17 PM
It just goes to show - you wont miss them until they are gone. Let that be a lesson to me and everyone else that cheers against a player.

The end of an era. I'll miss you Lindsay.

ditto. i'm gonna miss her a lot.

Natalicious
Dec 16th, 2006, 02:56 PM
she was not one of my favourite players but i'll definetively miss her!!
i love it when she smiles while she is serving :hearts:

Kart
Dec 16th, 2006, 03:10 PM
awww thnks Kart baby:kiss:

You're welcome :kiss: - you were the first poster I thought of when she announced she wasn't coming back :sad:.

hurricanejeanne
Dec 16th, 2006, 03:29 PM
she was not one of my favourite players but i'll definetively miss her!!
i love it when she smiles while she is serving :hearts:

One serve 'n smile coming right up!

http://pub.tv2.no/multimedia/na/archive/00253/Lindsay_Davenport___253543c.jpg

:worship: :D