PDA

View Full Version : Was Davenport pregnant already when she played in USO?

starred06
Dec 15th, 2006, 09:10 AM
I can't stop wondering that if Davenport's child is due in May, wouldn't she be pregnant already in August? I.e. She was playing US Open, Bali and Beijing while she was pregnant?
:eek:

DutchieGirl
Dec 15th, 2006, 09:18 AM
So what if she was? Players have done it before, when they were futher along than Davenport would have been.

miss_molik
Dec 15th, 2006, 09:20 AM
Yeah, but she may not have known then....

Ben.
Dec 15th, 2006, 09:29 AM
Yeah, but she may not have known then....

true

MyskinaManiac
Dec 15th, 2006, 11:04 AM
Risky though

Mateo Mathieu
Dec 15th, 2006, 11:14 AM
Sandrine Testud played tennis while she was pregnancy during her last season's grass season before call it quit after her Wimbledon match lost to Mary Pierce.

hurricanejeanne
Dec 15th, 2006, 11:36 AM
Yup, she probably got pregnant right when she came back to the tour this past summer.
So in a sense, she really did come back for that one last US Open.

frenchie
Dec 15th, 2006, 12:04 PM
Sandrine Testud played tennis while she was pregnancy during her last season's grass season before call it quit after her Wimbledon match lost to Mary Pierce.

exactly what I thought;)

The Daviator
Dec 15th, 2006, 12:41 PM
She was only in her first month...

Ryan
Dec 15th, 2006, 01:02 PM
Uh, Martina Hingis played Tami Jones in the first round of the 1997 US Open. Jones was SEVEN months pregnant with her child. It's actually healthy for both the mother and baby for the mom to be physically active during pregnancy.

Josh
Dec 15th, 2006, 01:10 PM
Uh, Martina Hingis played Tami Jones in the first round of the 1997 US Open. Jones was SEVEN months pregnant with her child. It's actually healthy for both the mother and baby for the mom to be physically active during pregnancy.

I'm pretty sure she was 3 months pregnant, not 7. At 7 months you can't play a professional tennis match anymore.

Martian KC
Dec 15th, 2006, 02:34 PM
OMG! She's not a virgin!

lindsayno1
Dec 15th, 2006, 02:36 PM
OMG! She's not a virgin!

LOL!

she would have been pregnant at USO..

Brett.
Dec 15th, 2006, 03:03 PM
Maybe she is a virgin

She using it for IVF

Ryan
Dec 15th, 2006, 03:09 PM
I'm pretty sure she was 3 months pregnant, not 7. At 7 months you can't play a professional tennis match anymore.

I'm pretty sure it was 7, I read it in Venus Envy. I'll double check though.

Craigy
Dec 15th, 2006, 03:16 PM
Maybe she is a virgin

She using it for IVF
Oh jesus christ :o

Ryan
Dec 15th, 2006, 03:22 PM
I checked and couldn't find it right away, but I did read that Hingis' mom won a tourney when she was 6 months pregnant with Martina. ;)

hingis-seles
Dec 15th, 2006, 03:31 PM

I remember watching that match (God, I feel old) and Tami was definitely closer to 7 months of pregnancy than 3 months. ;)

Sally Struthers
Dec 15th, 2006, 04:53 PM
Maybe she is a virgin

She using it for IVF

If Justine ever gets pregnant we know it will have been done through IVF (or asexually) :tape: Pierre-Yves? no way! :haha:

crazillo
Dec 15th, 2006, 05:09 PM
3 months yes, but not 7. :lol:

I know my former Biology teacher played Volleyball until month 3.5.

I thikn Lindsay Lee-Waters also played after pregnancy - even twice. :eek:

hurricanejeanne
Dec 15th, 2006, 05:20 PM
If Justine ever gets pregnant we know it will have been done through IVF (or asexually) :tape: Pierre-Yves? no way! :haha:

:lol: :tape:

QUEENLINDSAY
Dec 15th, 2006, 06:06 PM
Do you think Lindsay will be sued for agreeing on the Korea exhibition if she knew she was pregnant?

LOL!!!! I just want to forget Lindsay retiring!!!!

darrinbaker00
Dec 15th, 2006, 06:20 PM
I'm pretty sure it was 7, I read it in Venus Envy. I'll double check though.
Tami was 15 weeks along when she played that match:
http://www.asapsports.com/tennis/1997usopen/082697TJ.html

Steffica Greles
Dec 15th, 2006, 06:29 PM
I doubt it.

It's due, from what I read, in the middle of next year. Let's say June.

That means that if it's born in mid-June, it was conceived in mid-September. That was just after the U.S Open finished.

My guess is Lindsay and her husband decided to "relax" one night after she'd made the decision not to play the European indoor season.

Steffica Greles
Dec 15th, 2006, 06:33 PM
I remember watching that match (God, I feel old) and Tami was definitely closer to 7 months of pregnancy than 3 months. ;)

I was 15 and I remember hearing about it on the radio.

Yeah, for it to have been talked about that much, the bump must have been visible. Very few women in my experience, at 3 months, are showing.

Which brings me to another point.

Surely the WTA would have some rule about how advanced in a pregnancy a player can be before they are prohibited from competing?

At 7 months surely it is not safe to be playing top level tennis. I know it's good to be active, but not that active.

hurricanejeanne
Dec 15th, 2006, 06:52 PM
I doubt it.

It's due, from what I read, in the middle of next year. Let's say June.

That means that if it's born in mid-June, it was conceived in mid-September. That was just after the U.S Open finished.

My guess is Lindsay and her husband decided to "relax" one night after she'd made the decision not to play the European indoor season.

Some reports are saying May and some are saying June. So I'd say she's popping it out during Roland Garros. How interesting.

-sugi-
Dec 15th, 2006, 07:11 PM
if so, she double bagelled Kostanic :tape:

cartmancop
Dec 15th, 2006, 07:45 PM
if so, she double bagelled Kostanic :tape:

Well...it was two ppl playing against one technically ;)

Gooner
Dec 15th, 2006, 07:49 PM
Playing a professional tennis match when you are 7 months pregnant would not be too safe. Being active is one thing when you are that pregnant, but playing Pro tennis at that level is really risky.

I inage Lindsey was 1 month at the time of the US Open