PDA

View Full Version : Lena shows some Martina Hingis-worthy play

kinglear
Dec 15th, 2006, 02:11 AM
As we all know, Lena admires Martina Hingis for her intelligence on the court, and I've seen it in her play. For anyone who remembers her win against Venus Williams at the 1999 Fed Cup, she really made some incredibly clever plays and combinations. It's funny because Lena's serve was actually pretty good. She placed her serves really well. I think that's why she's so tentative with her serve because she's REALLY thinking about where she wants to hit it. I read somewhere that Lena's serve actually is pretty effective because usually Lena slices her serves in and it kind of kicks in which is sometimes deceptive for her opponents.

Check out this point from the 2006 JP Morgan Chase. It's at the point that brings Lena up to 0-40 against Sharapova.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1GzGWZoTPw

The drop volley followed by the lob had the crowd "oohing" and "aahing" as if it was Hingis out there. haha

By the way, if anyone has Lena's whole match against Martina in the Tokyo final, I would love to see that. I'm curious to see what shots Lena came up with against Hingis. Especially, since Lena won 6-0 in the last set. hehe :)

miffedmax
Dec 15th, 2006, 03:07 PM
Woo-hoo! Check out kinglear's avi!!!!

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Dec 15th, 2006, 05:05 PM
Woo-hoo! Check out kinglear's avi!!!!

Bangs !! :drool:

Dementinator
Dec 15th, 2006, 05:11 PM
in the three Avies above we have the 3 faces of Lena,,,

1/ the young goofy bangs era Lena

2/the cute ,wanna take her home and make sure no harm ever comes her way Lena

3/The Goddess ,man crunching ,Amazon Lena

and counting mine ,we get the 4th face of Lena

4/The bulging ,immensely powerful ,snap you like a twig Lena....

kinglear
Dec 15th, 2006, 09:38 PM
Bangs !! :drool:

LOL ;) I love that pic. It's one of my favorite Lena pics. Although I love her when she's smiling, she's extremely cute when she looks focused. The goofy bangs look is adorable, which translates into extremely sexy. :) Oh yeah, and make sure to watch the youtube clip.

quasar
Dec 17th, 2006, 10:31 PM
kinglear, I got the match. I could send you the torrent and seed until you complete the download.

Cheers, Merry Xmas and Joyeux Noel, all rolled into one,

Carlos

kinglear
Dec 18th, 2006, 02:37 PM
Thank you Quasar for giving me the link to the Tokyo final. Lena played beautifully. Lena was hitting that ball like a pinata full of money. Those balls after one hit from Lena can never be used again. She showed a lot of variety in this match. Martina couldn't keep up with her because the pace was too fast, and Martina couldn't manage to change the pace like she usually does. I just enjoyed watching Lena mix thingsup with that brilliant drop-shot. I think Hingis was impressed by it. I think sometimes it's more shocking when a power player like Lena is hitting so hard, and than all of a sudden she just cuts the point off. Martina is the queen of that, but it seems more noticeable when a power player does it because a power player's shots are so much louder than Hingis' shots.