PDA

View Full Version : Lindsay's pregnancy

Wannabeknowitall
Dec 14th, 2006, 04:25 PM
I'm curious about something.
Lindsay is due according to some sources in May.
That means she was pregnant during the late summer/hard court season.
It seems she definately knew about it in Bali considering her random doubles play with Corina.
She played Beijing a week later, beating some formidable players before losing to Mauresmo.
During Beijing, she told the press that her play in Bali or Beijing would not determine her plans for next year.

A few weeks later she tells the press that she's going to play a limited schedule in 2007.
What I'm wondering is did the WTA tell her to keep her pregnancy on the low?

If so why exactly would she considering she hasn't really been listening to what the WTA has been saying all year?
or

Perhaps Lindsay wasn't sure she wanted to keep the child.
I just can't fathom Lindsay ignoring signs that she was pregnant for 2-3 months after blacking out in her bedroom just a few months ago.

A piece seems to be missing somewhere.

The Daviator
Dec 14th, 2006, 04:30 PM
There's no way she would have known in Bali/Beijing, she was pregnant then (how strange is it to think she was pregnant back then :eek: ) but she was only in her first month...

Keith
Dec 14th, 2006, 04:35 PM
Something tells me that the WTA tour found out just before the whole world did.

The Dawntreader
Dec 14th, 2006, 04:36 PM
I cant believe they'll be no more iconic Venus-lindsay matches:sad:

The Daviator
Dec 14th, 2006, 04:38 PM
I cant believe they'll be no more iconic Venus-lindsay matches:sad:

I know, I said that in the rivalry thread :sad:

I wonder what Venus, Martina et al will have to say about this...

The Dawntreader
Dec 14th, 2006, 04:42 PM
I know, I said that in the rivalry thread :sad:

I wonder what Venus, Martina et al will have to say about this...

I'm sure they'll be very pleased for her:D

The Daviator
Dec 14th, 2006, 04:44 PM
I'm sure they'll be very pleased for her:D

Or will they be annoyed that they won't be able to turn the H2H around :angel:

Wannabeknowitall
Dec 14th, 2006, 04:47 PM
There's no way she would have known in Bali/Beijing, she was pregnant then (how strange is it to think she was pregnant back then :eek: ) but she was only in her first month...

Why would she randomly just play with Corina after 18 months?
Noone knew they were playing doubles.
We found out two days before Bali that Lindsay was playing doubles for the first time in 18 months.
They're very close friends, they probably tell each other everything.
I could easily see Corina going halfway around the world to play with Lindsay one last time.

Joachim1978
Dec 14th, 2006, 04:47 PM
I think, like any pregnant woman she wanted to keep quiet until she reached three months. Something like 1 in 3 pregnancies ends in miscarriage in these early months, and there is no way she would have wanted the world to know until she had passed the critical period.

And I think the baby is due in summer, not May - so she has only just passed that period.

I'm sure that abortion was never going to be an option. why? If she was 21 or 22 and just getting going on the tour it would be understandable, but now? with all her millions and titles? no way.

Elldee
Dec 14th, 2006, 04:50 PM
I'm sure that abortion was never going to be an option. why? If she was 21 or 22 and just getting going on the tour it would be understandable, but now? with all her millions and titles? no way.

And assumably Lindsay's been using birth control for the past three years and therefore didn't go into this lightly.

Wannabeknowitall
Dec 14th, 2006, 04:52 PM
I think, like any pregnant woman she wanted to keep quiet until she reached three months. Something like 1 in 3 pregnancies ends in miscarriage in these early months, and there is no way she would have wanted the world to know until she had passed the critical period.

And I think the baby is due in summer, not May - so she has only just passed that period.

For Davenport, pregnancy starts new chapter in life

By Bonnie DeSimone
Special to ESPN.com

Aside from fatigue, she said she feels great physically. "It's been wonderful," said Davenport, who said she is due in May. "I'm blessed -- both my mom and my sisters had easy pregnancies. It's just been hard not telling people."
Davenport was still keeping mum when she flew to the East Coast last week to participate in two exhibition events for charity. In Baltimore, where she played mixed doubles with Mike Bryan against Martina Navratilova and Bob Bryan at Pam Shriver's annual benefit, she reflected on the constant questions she fielded late this season.

She likely passed it just a week or two after the YEC.
Chances are pretty high that she was in her second trimester during her exhibition last week.

The Daviator
Dec 14th, 2006, 04:57 PM
Why would she randomly just play with Corina after 18 months?
Noone knew they were playing doubles.
We found out two days before Bali that Lindsay was playing doubles for the first time in 18 months.
They're very close friends, they probably tell each other everything.
I could easily see Corina going halfway around the world to play with Lindsay one last time.

You know it does explain the bizarre withdrawals from Linz and Quebec, which seemed so random considering we thought she was playing in '07, but if the baby arrives in late May, then she would have been only around 2 weeks pregnant at the time of Bali, she wouldn't have known...

Wannabeknowitall
Dec 14th, 2006, 05:08 PM
You know it does explain the bizarre withdrawals from Linz and Quebec, which seemed so random considering we thought she was playing in '07, but if the baby arrives in late May, then she would have been only around 2 weeks pregnant at the time of Bali, she wouldn't have known...

She would if she was 10 or so days late.
All it takes is a pregnancy test.

The Daviator
Dec 14th, 2006, 05:13 PM
She would if she was 10 or so days late.
All it takes is a pregnancy test.

And the first thing she thought was 'Quick! I have to play doubles with Corina!'? :lol:

hurricanejeanne
Dec 14th, 2006, 05:17 PM

That's what I'm thinking too.

But I also would like to trust a woman's intuition. Lindsay probably sensed that something was "different". She looked and seemed very fatigued on court in Bali and more so in Beijing.
I wouldn't be surprised if she confided her suspicions in Corina though, hence the doubles play.
And then when she got home from Asia probably did a test and went to the doctors.

I do however think it was a combination of Lindsay not wanting to tell people until she was far enough along so that she was confident that she wouldn't lose the baby and that the Tour did keep it hush, hush.

hurricanejeanne
Dec 14th, 2006, 05:20 PM
She likely passed it just a week or two after the YEC.
Chances are pretty high that she was in her second trimester during her exhibition last week.

You know, a friend of mine who posts here and on the other board I post on, looked at her pictures and guessed that she was about to go into her fourth month.

Farina Elia Fan
Dec 14th, 2006, 05:27 PM
I thought the doubles was strange but everything has kind of fallen into place