PDA

View Full Version : Your fondest Lindsay memory

Lindsayfan32
Dec 14th, 2006, 12:11 PM
I was thinking before while everyone is feeling a bit sad about Lindsay's retirement which is totally understandable, it got me to thinking about what are some people on this board's fondest memories of Lindsay? It doesn't have to be a match as such it might be a meeting you had with her for instance or could be match just anything in regards to Lindsay.

I'll Start. I used to get a ten day oz open ticket package to watch Lindsay's matches live for the first 10 days of the oz open. Most of them were on outside courts as the last time I did this was in 99. But this story was in 95 - 96 I can't remember who she played but she won and signed autographs afterwards most players sign and would give you the time of day. But Lindsay not only signed until everyone was happy but she chatted to me and two other girls and seemed really interested in the chat. It might seem small but it made me like Lindsay even more and made me a life long fan.

hurricanejeanne
Dec 15th, 2006, 02:55 AM
Hmmm....probably what cemented me as a fan.
In 2003, when she was still recovering from her foot surgery she was at the YEC and ESPN interviewed her inbetween the semifinals and she was too cute. Her laugh is so contagious. And she was just glowing. I remember they asked her if she was going to Australia and she said very firmly, "I'm going!" I fell in love her there and then.

Wow, that was a long time ago.

tennisboi
Dec 19th, 2006, 11:28 AM
My favourite Lindsay memory is when she beat Venus at the US Open in 04 that was a sweet victory & she was so happy & cute at the end how could you not love her?

The Daviator
Dec 19th, 2006, 05:08 PM
There are so many, in terms of victories, I loved Stanford '04, LA '04 (Some of the few matches I could actually see!), most of Wimbledon '05 (Even the loss), the double bagel, beating Kim at RG, her whole run at RG that year :lol:

Probably the best would be seeing her play live in Arthur Ashe in 2004 and 2006, and getting her autograph this year :)

RJWCapriati
Dec 20th, 2006, 02:53 AM
Defeating Sharapova 6-0, 6-0 :bounce: :bounce:

Drake1980
Dec 20th, 2006, 03:12 AM
Probably meeting her in Philadelphia in 2000 and her being so nice!!

tennismaster8820
Dec 20th, 2006, 04:35 AM
She has such a great personality and such a big game! I remember many of her matches against Hingis, Williams sisters, Graf, Seles when they were on top and she could always beat them if she played well! After watching her interview on Eurosport (I don't remember when it was exatcly) I remember thinking wow, she is realy smart and nice person!:worship: :sad:

thelittlestelf
Dec 21st, 2006, 04:04 AM
Her reaction to winning '99 Wimbledon. It was so wonderful.

sweet_angel23
Dec 21st, 2006, 05:54 AM
when i met her at the Aussie Open this year =)
all hail Lindz:worship:

mr_burns
Feb 10th, 2007, 04:00 AM
seeing her enjoing a 3rd round against srebotnik...

Will miss U

John.
Mar 7th, 2007, 09:12 PM
I loved her reaction at winning Wimbledon and the Aussie Open.

But I fell in love with her in 94 when she played Martinez on the centre court at Wimbledon.

She was so impressive and I was hooked from thereon in