PDA

View Full Version : Harkelroad divorced

blainec
Dec 14th, 2006, 07:20 AM
Just read an article that stated this. Has this already been mentioned here? any details? Sad but in the looks department she can do a lot better. Hopefully theyll both focus on tennis now and move up the rankings too where they should be.

CooCooCachoo
Dec 14th, 2006, 07:25 AM
Now divorced, Bogomolov focusing on his game

It was almost two years to the day since his marriage to Ashley Harkleroad (he was 21, she 19) that I happened on Alex Bogomolov, training at Crandon Park on Key Biscayne last week.

I would have thought the couple would be back home in small-town Chickamauga, Ga., enjoying the offseason.

"How's Ash?" I asked. His face went sour.

"We're done," he said. "I'm back in Miami for good."

They're divorced, ending a marriage that so many close to them had advised against. So young. So much in love. And they were convinced their tennis careers wouldn't be inhibited.

Bogomolov had reached No. 100 in October 2004, just three shy of his career best. He's now 221. She was No. 124 when they married. She's No. 86 now, so she's made some headway, but not nearly as much as was expected.

Both have talent. Both can reach top 50. Harkleroad in 2003 had a great run at Charleston, S.C., beating three top-20 players. Bogomolov is not big at 5 feet 10 and 155 pounds. But he's very quick, very gritty and has a win over James Blake. Now, hopefully, he can focus with more purpose on his game.

CooCooCachoo
Dec 14th, 2006, 07:26 AM
Source:

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/columnists/sfl-spbrickten12dec12,0,4430435.column?coll=sfla-sports-col

disco_rage
Dec 14th, 2006, 06:33 PM
Shame for Ashley Harkleroad the heartache of divorce but i'm kinda happy.... think Ashley can get her game back and get back up those rankings!