PDA

View Full Version : :(

jacs
Dec 14th, 2006, 02:50 AM
I just don't know what to say. :sad:

Lindsay meant a lot to me. Seeing her play, hearing her stories was what got me playing tennis. I don't know if I could put those things into words.

And not only did she mean alot to me. The TOP means alot to me. All of you mean alot to me. Talking about Lindsay or even just reading you guys talk about Lindsay (through every match, every injury, every photo feature) meant alot to me.

This is just a sad for me.

hurricanejeanne
Dec 14th, 2006, 03:17 AM
She means a lot to me too.
As a friend of mine on another board said "Lindsay is a positive thing in your life, and now that she's retired, that positive thing is gone. You feel as if, tennis wise, you have nothing to look forward too now."
I got into this sport at a time where I didn't have much to hang on to. For whatever the reason, I went to Lindsay, and I, less than a better phrase, fell in love with everything about her.

I miss her with all my heart and soul. I am having a rough go of it dealing with the fact that she's done. But it's better than not knowing and it's better than her having an injury that takes her out. She made this call, ran the risk of getting pregnant and it happened. She waited, the pregnancy kept and that's that.

I miss everything about her already, the little things, the smile on her service, her name on a scoreboard, her mood swings.
Saying goodbye sucks. Some of you all were prepared for this, I wasn't. I ignored it because I thought she had more time.
But I hope she'll still be around and all, and we'll have the memories to rehash. :)

My two biggest fears now are:
1. Is Lindsay going to stay involved in tennis someway, like commentary?
2. What happens to TOP now? We're all going to keep coming in and talk right? The board is going to kill us right?

I love you Lindsay!:worship:

jacs
Dec 14th, 2006, 03:28 AM
That's why I don't know what to say.

Well, I don't think they'll delete this forum. Maybe one thing that could happen is that they will move us to Blast to the Past. Some of the subforums here are still up for player who have not played in a long time. At any rate, I'll still be around to try to keep the TOP.

As for Lindsay, I've read in the past that if ever retirement comes, she will stay away from tennis for a couple of years and then get involved somehow, like in player development or something. Then again, she changes her mind often.

RJWCapriati
Dec 14th, 2006, 03:33 AM
:sad: :sad:

LindsayRulz
Dec 14th, 2006, 03:43 AM
I think I still can't believe it. I wasn't ready for this cuz she said she was going to play at 7-8 tournament in 2007. At least I will not have to stay up until 2AM to watch her 3rd lost to Maria or Christine at the AO :lol:
However I'm not realizing it but tennis is never going to be the same without Lindsay, Never ever.

hurricanejeanne
Dec 14th, 2006, 03:51 AM
That's why I don't know what to say.

Well, I don't think they'll delete this forum. Maybe one thing that could happen is that they will move us to Blast to the Past. Some of the subforums here are still up for player who have not played in a long time. At any rate, I'll still be around to try to keep the TOP.

As for Lindsay, I've read in the past that if ever retirement comes, she will stay away from tennis for a couple of years and then get involved somehow, like in player development or something. Then again, she changes her mind often.

That's good that this forum won't disappear. And I think Lindsay's fanbase is large enough to keep on truckin'.
And yeah, Lindsay changes her mind a lot. I hope she does some commentary that way I get to hear/see her again. That would be ideal at this point.

I'm still so :sad: though.

wisconsin2008
Dec 14th, 2006, 03:55 AM
Truly a sad day in American Tennis. With Agassi retired, Lindsay most like retired, and Capriati and Seles out long-term with injuries and probably never returning, there's not much for the US fans to look forward to. We had a good ride the past 20 years! At least we can say that!

MikeJones
Dec 14th, 2006, 04:02 AM
It is sad...I remember when Lindsay first made it to the US Open final in '98against Martina, and won her first GS title, visiting various tennis boards and seeing people type "I wonder what Lindsay will say when she wins?" "What will her acceptance speach be?" "Im so nervous for her" lol

Now she is retired...How time flies...Im not old, but I feel old :rolleyes:

GL to Lindsay

LindsayRulz
Dec 14th, 2006, 04:05 AM
That's good that this forum won't disappear. And I think Lindsay's fanbase is large enough to keep on truckin'.
And yeah, Lindsay changes her mind a lot. I hope she does some commentary that way I get to hear/see her again. That would be ideal at this point.

I'm still so :sad: though.

Me too :sad:

Lindsayfan32
Dec 14th, 2006, 10:21 AM
I have read all the posts before my and sure you have a right to feel upset I know I feel a little of sadness. But we all know Lindsay has wanted to start a family for a long time. So while its a sad moment for me its also a happy one too. I really thought when Lindsay came clean about about her back injury she would never play again but at least she came back and played for a little while. I really thought her career was going to end because of injury so while I'm not totally happy about Lindsay retiring at least this is the best way for her to go out.

dav abu
Dec 14th, 2006, 11:26 AM
:sad:

The Daviator
Dec 14th, 2006, 01:30 PM
Surely this forum will remain exactly where it is, the Seles/Cappy forums are still in tact and are pretty active...

Anyway, I must have made about 300 Lindsay-related posts in the past 24 hours :lol: It's draining, but I just want to enjoy it now, cos she'll rarely feature in GM after the next few days :sad:

ChampLindsay
Dec 14th, 2006, 02:24 PM
no thats to much for me ..........:sad: :sad: :sad:

i can't believe thats over with lindsay:sad:

she was and is such a wonderful lady with so much heart......
i think no women on the the WTA is nicer and friendlier thans Lindsay...
she always gives autogramms and was nice to her fans and to the media...

i was so happy if i heard thats she will play 7-8 events but today...:sad:

i miss all of her ... her heavy groundstrokes her nice talking her nice smile her nice all;) ...

on the one ahnd i think it good thats she retires beacuse she alway wants a family and kids....

I LOVE YOU LINDSAY:worship: AND WILLL NEVER FORGOTT YOU:sad: :sad: :sad:

Dave.
Dec 14th, 2006, 02:35 PM
I have completely mixed feelings about this.

I am really pleased for Lindsay and her husband Jon that they are having a baby. She has wanted a baby for a while now. I am sure Lindsay will be a great mum :)

I am also gutted though because this probably ends her tennis career. I have followed Lindsay's career since the mid-90's (97 +). Tennis is probably the only sport I care about, and Lindsay was my favourite by far. I have admired her tennis and everything, but also her personality and the ways she dealt with things. She was a professional all over. She has done so much for the game and gave the fans at tournaments more than what would have been required of her. She was one of the few players to actually understand what she needed to do and that the fans were the reason that she could even play tournaments. She has achieved so much in tennis and will be known as one of the most-loved and admired champions in tennis aswell as one of the all-time greats.

Another reason why I am sad Lindsay is going is because it effectively ends the perfect era of players (the 90's). Lindsay was the last standing from that era, and now it is over. The 90's were such a good time for women's tennis, and now only Hingis and the Williams' are still playing (and it is unlikely any of them will win a slam again). Capriati and Seles better make their minds up soon aswell.

Tennis will never be the same without Lindsay. She will always be my favourite athlete. I think tennis will be quite boring for me next year. I still have a few players I like, but most of my all-time faves are now retired. I hope Lindsay is happy with her family and she can get involved in tennis again.

I posted this on another forum where I spend most of my computer time, but I wanted to post this here aswell because this is the main (or only) Lindsay fanbase around the world. I really hope it will stay open regardless of Lindsay's retirement. A monica seles fan site I used to post on is closing down because she has gone..I hope the same doesn't happen here.

sweet_angel23
Dec 15th, 2006, 09:32 AM
i wrote "omg! Lindsay's pregnant!!!!" on my msn thingy and evry1's like "is Lindsay Lohan prenant?"
"not Lindsay lohan you dufous!!"

im so terribly sad.. :sad: :sad:
I congratulate lindz and her husband for their future baby...

I heart♥ u heaps Lindsay and you'll never bee forgotten... =)

LUXXXAS
Dec 19th, 2006, 12:23 AM
still can't believe... :sad: