PDA

View Full Version : Come in if you ever met Lindsay...

Cam'ron Giles
Dec 13th, 2006, 08:08 PM
I am so happy I saw her play twice...The first time at Madison SQ Garden when she lost to Demented at the YEC...and once at the Pilot Pen when she got bagled by Venus in the second set...then she took a pic with my nephew and and signed his oversize tennis ball...It's in his room to this day...:D

The Daviator
Dec 13th, 2006, 08:12 PM
At the 2005 US Open, I waited at the practice courts for ages to get her autograph, it was really hot so I went to grab a drink, and when I got back she was gone :o :tape:

Then I came back at the '06 Open, didn't make the same mistake, and got her auto :banana:

jimbo mack
Dec 13th, 2006, 08:13 PM
i saw her beat defending champion novotna in the quarter-finals of wimbledon 1999. that year was the best year she has ever served at wimbledon, she went on to win it that year....

i can't believe we'll probably never see her play again :sad: but i'm happy for her at same time

blue249
Dec 13th, 2006, 08:14 PM
I met her and Jennifer the same year. I can't believe that whole generation of US tennis players are retired or injured.

Going to have to start watching men's tennis...

Craigy
Dec 13th, 2006, 08:14 PM
At the 2005 US Open, I waited at the practice courts for ages to get her autograph, it was really hot so I went to grab a drink, and when I got back she was gone :o :tape:

Then I came back at the '06 Open, didn't make the same mistake, and got her auto :banana:

How much did that whole trip cost you? :p

The Daviator
Dec 13th, 2006, 08:19 PM
How much did that whole trip cost you? :p

Nada ;)

I nearly got Serena's but she only signed one and then left :lol:

MCM
Dec 13th, 2006, 08:50 PM
Wow, I consider myself lucky to have finally gotten the chance to at New Haven this year. She has always been one of my top three favorites, and if this is the end, I'll miss seeing her play terribly. Nontheless, congratulations Lindsay...I'm sure she'll make a great mother!

crazyroberto6767
Dec 13th, 2006, 09:13 PM
I've never gotten her autograph or spoken to her, but I've seen plenty of her matches at the US Open. This news definitely makes me appreciate even more being able to see her 3r match live @ the Open this year. An already unforgettable match has been made even more special as it's probably the last time I'll see her play.

!<blocparty>!
Dec 13th, 2006, 09:46 PM
I saw Lindsay play 3 of her final 4 matches at Wimbledon, including the final. Moments I'll never forget. ;)

geoepee
Dec 13th, 2006, 09:51 PM
I am so happy I saw her play twice...The first time at Madison SQ Garden when she lost to Demented at the YEC...and once at the Pilot Pen when she got bagled by Venus in the second set...then she took a pic with my nephew and and signed his oversize tennis ball...It's in his room to this day...:D
I was there at that match as well...

I stood right next to Lindsay at the US Open one year and our eyes met. Even though I'm an inch taller than her, she made me feel short....

I also saw Lindsay at this years Pilot Pen vs. JHH.....I want my money back! LOL ;)

Craigy
Dec 13th, 2006, 09:54 PM
Nada ;)

I nearly got Serena's but she only signed one and then left :lol:

Damn that Serena one :p But maybe its a good thing you didn't get it because I'd come down to your house and steal it :haha: :p
And how did it cost nothing? :unsure:

The Daviator
Dec 13th, 2006, 09:57 PM
Damn that Serena one :p But maybe its a good thing you didn't get it because I'd come down to your house and steal it :haha: :p
And how did it cost nothing? :unsure:

I was a VIP ;)

:lol: I have family in NY :p

moon
Dec 13th, 2006, 09:57 PM
I've seen Linds play a bunch of times, the last being at this year's USO against Srebotnik. I was cheering my heart out for her (she had match points against her). Little did I know, that might have been my last time seeing her live.
My most memorable interaction with her, was giving her some fan letters from wtaworld one year down in Miami. I felt like I was looking up at a skyscraper. :)
I really hope she plays the USO this year, but it's probably wishful thinking.

Justin
Dec 13th, 2006, 10:18 PM
1994 Chase vs Pierce and 2000 Chase vs Dementieva.

UDACHi
Dec 13th, 2006, 10:19 PM
saw her play her 2005 and 2006 new haven quarterfinals.

Martian Stacey
Dec 13th, 2006, 10:23 PM
I've seen her play in Sydney a few times, and got her autograph last time i saw her :)

Andrew..
Dec 13th, 2006, 10:32 PM
I saw her quite a few times, but one of the most recent times is the one I'll remember most - her last victory over a world #1. Quite a match from her. Watching her there, I never thought it would be the last time I would see her.

Drake1980
Dec 13th, 2006, 10:34 PM
I've met her quite a few times. I get my pic taken with her in Philadelphia in 2000. Most recently I saw her and got her autograph in Miami in 2003. she was always great with fans, signing autographs and such.

tucker1989
Dec 13th, 2006, 10:37 PM
The most memorable experience that I have had watching Lindsay play was at the Mercantile Bank Challenge in Baltimore in 2004. She played Sharapova in an exhibition and, even though she lost, she graciously signed autogrpahs for everyone. She was so nice and casual; she is just a very down-to-earth, sweet person.

hotandspicey
Dec 13th, 2006, 10:46 PM
Best memories of meeting her have been at USopen 3 years in a row! She was pleasant and cordial and all smiles. Only one autograph, but its a treasure.

LeRoy.
Dec 13th, 2006, 10:51 PM
I saw her match against Srebotnik @ this years US Open and when she was down in the third set (i think Kata had a MP) i couldn't help but feel that if she lost this would be her last US open. However she won and she was so happy after that :yeah:

Good last memories for me :D

dav abu
Dec 13th, 2006, 11:04 PM
Met her at Wimbledon 2005 the day of the 4th round, she was really lovely and I got her autograph which I will cherish forever. The first match I saw her play was against Kuznetsova in the 1/4s x