PDA

View Full Version : Promising US juniors?

blue249
Dec 13th, 2006, 08:19 PM
For those of you who follow junior tennis are there any promising junior players in the US?

Thanks

tenn_ace
Dec 13th, 2006, 08:21 PM
watched a lot of juniors at the orange bowl a week ago and there is really none. at least none who played there.

all of them are college players at best.

blue249
Dec 13th, 2006, 08:23 PM
watched a lot of juniors at the orange bowl a week ago and there is really none. at least none who played there.

all of them are college players at best.

Not sure who I am going to cheer now that most of the Americans are on the decline....

Any international juniors that you saw that were interesting?

tenn_ace
Dec 13th, 2006, 08:29 PM
Not sure who I am going to cheer now that most of the Americans are on the decline....

Any international juniors that you saw that were interesting?

Katerina Vankova was a bit of a surprise for me. She hits hard and flat off both sides and probably has the best backhand in junior tennis. She is lefty. She needs to add some spice to her serve and a bit of variety. She doesn't have a lot of funs here on this board (to my surprise), but she should go far with her game.

Ksenia Milevskaya and Ursula Radwanska are the other ones who should go far. The rest (out of the ones I saw) are nothing special and should start looking for a college/university.

goldenlox
Dec 13th, 2006, 08:29 PM
tenn_ace used to write long reports from Key Biscayne for the NASDAQ in Russian Roulette.
What's going on with juniors?
Edit: I was late.

:inlove:
Dec 13th, 2006, 08:35 PM
Chelsey Gullickson. :angel: :hearts: :lol:

tenn_ace
Dec 13th, 2006, 08:39 PM
tenn_ace used to write long reports from Key Biscayne for the NASDAQ in Russian Roulette.
What's going on with juniors?
Edit: I was late.

I guess, a bit of dissapointment with the state of junior tennis. I really think it's the lowest in eyars. (PS. When saying junior tennis I mean those who play on a junior curcuit)

bucklemyshoe
Dec 13th, 2006, 08:41 PM
Katerina Vankova was a bit of a surprise for me. She hits hard and flat off both sides and probably has the best backhand in junior tennis. She is lefty. She needs to add some spice to her serve and a bit of variety. She doesn't have a lot of funs here on this board (to my surprise), but she should go far with her game.

Ksenia Milevskaya and Ursula Radwanska are the other ones who should go far. The rest (out of the ones I saw) are nothing special and should start looking for a college/university.

Did you see Nikola Hofmanova? I guess she must be pretty good since she won the Orange Bowl...........

goldenlox
Dec 13th, 2006, 08:47 PM
I guess, a bit of dissapointment with the state of junior tennis. I really think it's the lowest in eyars. (PS. When saying junior tennis I mean those who play on a junior curcuit)Do you think the best juniors aren't playing the junior curcuit?

tenn_ace
Dec 13th, 2006, 09:10 PM
Did you see Nikola Hofmanova? I guess she must be pretty good since she won the Orange Bowl...........

I was dumb enough not to see her. Saw all high ranked and Russian players but her... :retard: :help: :p

Natalicious
Dec 13th, 2006, 09:11 PM

i wanted to ask the same question :angel:

tenn_ace
Dec 13th, 2006, 09:11 PM
Do you think the best juniors aren't playing the junior curcuit?

definitely. besides Nastya decided to skip this tournament, so the level was crappy.

blue249
Dec 13th, 2006, 09:12 PM
I was dumb enough not to see her. Saw all high ranked and Russian players but her... :retard: :help: :p

I know Chelsey Gullickson lost in the first round but has she got any game?

TheBoiledEgg
Dec 13th, 2006, 09:20 PM
the field in Orange Bowl isnt in the same level as for a slam.
only ones who really play there are if the #1 depends on it, and if there's a chance to get a end of yr top 10 rank.

Chelsey i saw at Wimbledon........ not bad but she'll do well do get near where her big sis is.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKQ9SYOEZPA

Viktymise
Dec 13th, 2006, 09:25 PM
So who's the junior who is less known, we should be watching out for next yr :D

Cat's Pajamas
Dec 13th, 2006, 10:26 PM
I can't believe Lauren Albanese's name hasn't been mentioned yet. She's definetely got talent and reached the semifinals at the US Open, I watched a few of her matches. :)

Other than her, there isn't really anyone.

:inlove:
Dec 13th, 2006, 11:04 PM
OMG I forgot Lauren. :lol:
I'm not a fan but she does have talent.

Derek.
Dec 14th, 2006, 12:21 AM
Lauren for sure.

Saw her come out of no where to make the finals of the Luxilon Cup in Miami taking out Chelsey Gullickson, Dominika Cibulkova, and Tamira Paszek before losing to Sanja Ancic in the finals.

Ravsieg
Dec 14th, 2006, 04:44 AM
I doubt Michelle Brito will have to play college tennis, if she keeps going the way she's heading. :p

NyCPsU
Dec 14th, 2006, 05:23 AM
lauren albanese for sure, watched her beat savchuk in the 1r of the open and she def has game. match should have been even easier for her too she blew several set points in the first set. she is just starting to play regularly so she should start soaring up the ranks
vania king is still really young, i dont think people realize she is the same age as aga radwanska. She is already and will be the leader of the next wave of American talent imo.
Madison Brengle was just a semifinalist at the Orange Bowl and is another one who has some potential.

Derek.
Dec 14th, 2006, 11:38 PM
Madison Brengle was just a semifinalist at the Orange Bowl and is another one who has some potential.

Madison probably won't make it that far in the pros though.

Derek.
Dec 14th, 2006, 11:39 PM
I doubt Michelle Brito will have to play college tennis, if she keeps going the way she's heading. :p

I doubt he was referring to her. ;)

He was talking about the Americans he saw.

tennis_pIayer
Dec 14th, 2006, 11:39 PM
wha bout julia cohen, kim couts,

Derek.
Dec 14th, 2006, 11:45 PM
wha bout julia cohen, kim couts,

:lol:

I don't know much about Couts, but after seeing Cohen play I think college tennis is best for her. ;)

Kutuzova
Dec 15th, 2006, 05:30 AM
Does anyone know what is going on with Krysty Marcio? She has played sparatically lately. She had some talent and was beginning to do well in some bigger challengers. Has she been injured or what because I do not think she is going to college.

Harju.
Dec 15th, 2006, 02:15 PM
Promising : Lauren Albanese.
Future : Vania King (She's 17 y'all.)
Future Ashley H : Chelsey Gullickson :hearts:
I hope she can perform well but doubt so : Kim Couts
The rest : Madison B, Ashley Weinhold, Melanie Oudin and Jamie Hampton
Moonball queen : Reka Z

goldenlox
Dec 15th, 2006, 04:00 PM
It seems like in the US, parents funnel their girls into team sports like soccer, volleyball or basketball. For serious woman athletes, there's very money in those sports.

Gooner
Dec 15th, 2006, 04:53 PM
Lauren Albanese is the most promising of the girls I have seen. I think she would far pretty well on the tour.

Jakeev
Dec 16th, 2006, 04:20 AM
Granted many of the top ranked girls 16's played the Orange Bowl this year, it was an All-American final this year with Allie Will beating Lauren Embree for the title.

Americans actually did fairly well in both the 18's and 16s so that definitely was an improvement this yea.

Kutuzova
Dec 16th, 2006, 06:01 AM
Madison Brengle was just awarded a WC into the maindraw for the Australian Open from a WC playoff. This is according to zootennis. I guess we will see how she fairs against the big time