PDA

View Full Version : Seles No Longer Listed Under Active Players

SelesFan70
Dec 12th, 2006, 03:49 PM
http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/2/players/

I'm devastated. Truly! I would have hoped for some sort of announcement at least. :sad:

btexas
Dec 12th, 2006, 04:29 PM
:bigcry: A player that has been a wonderful inspiration for all of us that play and love tennis. I even learned how to play double handed on both sides just because of her, and it was hard I can tell you (:help: )... but fun anyway! ;) Love you Monica! :hearts:

tennisfan5
Dec 12th, 2006, 04:39 PM
I don't think that means anything--she hasn't been listed there for years. Her profile is still on the site and doesn't say that she is retired

SelesFan70
Dec 12th, 2006, 04:47 PM
I don't think that means anything--she hasn't been listed there for years. Her profile is still on the site and doesn't say that she is retired

She was there last year, I am (almost) sure of it. :sad: Regardless, I want an official answer eventhough my heart already knows. :bigcry:

Sally Struthers
Dec 12th, 2006, 04:50 PM
Hon, she's been *retired* for years. She's not coming back.

GoDominique
Dec 12th, 2006, 04:54 PM
It doesn't necessarily mean much.

Maybe the WTA website automatically removes players who haven't played for like 4 years and are about 35 years old.

Highlandman
Dec 12th, 2006, 04:55 PM
Didnt she said that she wont come back if she doesnt play in 2006? :confused: :sad:

The Daviator
Dec 12th, 2006, 04:57 PM
Capriati and Dokic aren't there either :shrug:

MatchpointPRT
Dec 12th, 2006, 05:04 PM
Didnt she said that she wont come back if she doesnt play in 2006?

yes. she said that:(

jimbo mack
Dec 12th, 2006, 05:26 PM
i wouldn't rely on this list

shinobu asagoe's name is there and she has officially announced her retirement

selesfan1
Dec 12th, 2006, 06:58 PM
I think Monica should at least play in the U.S. as a farewell tour even if she gets her butt kicked in teh first round which I know she wouldn't. Her schedule could be like

Memphis
Acapulco
Miami
Amelia Island
Charleston
lower euro clay events
Roland Garros
Madrid
Wimby
Cincy
etc

Kart
Dec 12th, 2006, 07:28 PM
:sad: Regardless, I want an official answer eventhough my heart already knows. :bigcry:

:hug:

My heart knows too :sad: :bigcry:.

SelesFan70
Dec 12th, 2006, 07:48 PM
Hon, she's been *retired* for years. She's not coming back.

So is Cher, but she keeps having tours... :unsure:

tennisfan5
Dec 12th, 2006, 08:01 PM
She was there last year, I am (almost) sure of it. :sad: Regardless, I want an official answer eventhough my heart already knows. :bigcry:

I'm not so sure she was there last year either. Tennis Magazine always has a list of players who retired at the end of every year. I'm always surprised by one or two that I didn't know about. Hopefully, Monica will not be on it. In that article that came out in September Monica said she would make a decision in the next few weeks or month (http://www.insidetennis.com/0906_seles.html), but we never heard anything. Maybe she is waiting until right before the beginning of next tennis year to announce it.

Wannabeknowitall
Dec 12th, 2006, 08:12 PM
Monica said she would never be fully back and if she played it would be part-time.
She also said that if she didn't come back by the summer of 2006, then she never was coming back.
Seles is gone and honestly it might be too hard for her to give a retirement statement considering what she's been through.
It's probably for the best.

QuicKyMonSter
Dec 12th, 2006, 08:31 PM
Chanda isn't listed there since like last year...although she actually has played some matches:shrug:

jimbo mack
Dec 12th, 2006, 08:32 PM
i wish she'd just let everyone know what's going on, then there would be no more speculation and everybody would know once and for all!

ASV_FAN
Dec 14th, 2006, 05:02 PM
Face it guys, it's hugely unlikely she'll be back as crushing as it is. I can't believe Monica and Jennifer have slipped away in the same way :(.

TonyP
Dec 14th, 2006, 07:43 PM
I don't think it means much. If Seles comes back, they would include her name. Hingis was off that list for a time, but is obviously back on it.

I haven't heart Monica indicating formal retirement, although I think she is in defacto retirement.

A'DAM
Dec 14th, 2006, 07:52 PM
It doesn't necessarily mean much.

Maybe the WTA website automatically removes players who haven't played for like 4 years and are about 35 years old.

A Classic :lol: :lol: :lol: