PDA

View Full Version : 2007 WTA Rulebook now out :o

TheBoiledEgg
Dec 12th, 2006, 02:42 PM
for anyone interested.....

http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/3/global/includes/TrackIt.asp?file=http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/global/pdfs/shared/thewtatour/officialrules/rules.pdf

391 pages of sure interesting stuff NOT (maybe only a handful of pages) :wavey:

pierce0415
Dec 12th, 2006, 02:44 PM
any new and interesting rules :scared:

kittyking
Dec 13th, 2006, 01:53 AM
any new and interesting rules :scared:

Very good read, just finished all 400 odd pages of it

Marion wont have a problem filling in her mandatory requirements next year :lol:

Brett.
Dec 13th, 2006, 02:01 AM
Very good read, just finished all 400 odd pages of it

Marion wont have a problem filling in her mandatory requirements next year :lol:

Marion Bartoli?

DutchieGirl
Dec 13th, 2006, 04:45 AM
:woohoo: When I have some spare time, and I get really bored, I might just print this out and read it.... yeah in 2020 maybe! ;)

Atrixo
Dec 13th, 2006, 06:17 AM
They made some changes to the AER (Age Eligibility Rule)... AGAIN! Sheesh, just keep them the same, or get rid of them altogether. :rolleyes:

14 year-olds get to play up to 8 ITF tournaments now (up one from 7); but are
now limited to a maximum participation in 2 WTA events.

15 year-olds get to play up to 10 WTA/ITF tournaments now (up one from 9).

16 year-olds get to play up to 13 WTA/ITF tournaments now (up two from 11).

17 year-olds get to play up to 17 WTA/ITF tournaments now (up two from 15).

Grand Slam, YEC, FED Cup, and Olympic eligibility are all the same as 2006.

The only change to Wild Cards, is that 17 year-olds are now elligible for the Tour maximum; instead of a total of eight during 2006.

I swear, it's like the WTA is determined to make their rules the MOST convoluted and contrived in all of professional sports. :tape:

DutchieGirl
Dec 13th, 2006, 08:42 AM
:tape: @ the new changes to the AER NOW! :fiery: :armed: They couldn't have done it LAST YEAR! GRMBL! ;)

kittyking
Dec 13th, 2006, 10:18 AM
Marion Bartoli?

Yup, theirs Tier III requirements

Corswandt
Dec 13th, 2006, 03:08 PM
I swear, it's like the WTA is determined to make their rules the MOST convoluted and contrived in all of professional sports. :tape:

The technique used in the drafting of the rulebook is very rudimentary to say the least. It could easily be half as long had it been written by more proficient legal staff (people who know how to use basic stuff like rule/exceptions, how not to mix different criteria in the same paragraph/definition, and so on). I guess the WTA hired its legal services on the cheap.