PDA

View Full Version : MARY may come back for RG 2007 !!!!!!!!

saby
Dec 10th, 2006, 05:37 PM
Mary was on tv tonight and her doctor said she may come back for RG and they will work for it !!

Mary will be in colorado until february (with her mum and her dogs) after she will go in florida and do her reducation especialy for tennis player.

She looks fine !!!

saby
Dec 10th, 2006, 08:41 PM
here the link

http://sport.france2.fr/stade2/index-fr.php?date=2006/12/10&id_article=570

FrenchY52
Dec 10th, 2006, 08:43 PM
Could anyone upload it on Youtube pls ?thx

Paul.
Dec 10th, 2006, 09:25 PM
omg its so great to see her!!! she looks so good its just brilliant to see that :D

can anyone translate some of the important things she says because my french isn't very good so i can only really understand the odd words and sentences. just the general jist would be good :lol:

thanks! and thanks saby!!! :hug:

Bevae1
Dec 10th, 2006, 09:30 PM
What an absolutely awe-inspiring clip of Mary. Thank you for sending us the link ...

Bevae

saby
Dec 10th, 2006, 09:43 PM
She said, she will not watch the video of her injury until the end of of career. When it happenned to her she thought "it may be this way that a career end for an athlet".

Mary is going to church every wednesday night, praying and singing it makes her happy and peaceful. She didn't talk about Pekin but said "I will stop when god will make me feel that I have others goal to achieve" and "It would be fantastic to come back at RG and wins it"

Her doctor said we will try to make her ready for RG 2007 why not!!
he's coming to see her everyday. She's training 2 times a days 7 days a week. She will be back when she will be at 100% not before, she doesn't want to take a risk to be injured again.

Like i said before her mother is staying with her, she rent a house and will stay over there until february, she is still training the other parts of her body trying to keep in shape.

Paul.
Dec 10th, 2006, 09:45 PM
She said, she will not watch the video of her injury until the end of of career. When it happenned to her she thought "it may be this way that a career end for an athlet".

Mary is going to church every wednesday night, praying and singing it makes her happy and peaceful. She didn't talk about Pekin but said "I will stop when god will make me feel that I have others goal to achieve" and "It would be fantastic to come back at RG and wins it"

Her doctor said we will try to make her ready for RG 2007 why not!!
he's coming to see her everyday. She's training 2 times a days 7 days a week. She will be back when she will be at 100% not before, she doesn't want to take a risk to be injured again.

Like i said before her mother is staying with her, she rent a house and will stay over there until february, she is still training the other parts of her body trying to keep in shape.

this is great news. although you would expect nothing less from mary ;):lol:

MPStylee
Dec 10th, 2006, 11:31 PM
YAy!!!!!!!! MAry Rocks!!!! Wooo! Can't wait to see her play again!!!!!!!

Andy.
Dec 10th, 2006, 11:33 PM
thank so much for the news

Sund7101
Dec 11th, 2006, 02:42 AM
Thanks for the news, I know Mary will come back to tennis and WOW! Roland Garros would be the place for it, so may wonderful memories there.

TennisPlayingFox
Dec 11th, 2006, 03:03 AM
This is great news! Thanks Saby!

Lu_Weird
Dec 11th, 2006, 03:34 AM
Great 6 months later!!!

DomenicDemaria
Dec 11th, 2006, 03:43 AM
This is a shock. Hope she doesn't try to rush things. It would be amazing to see her play!

zibaas
Dec 11th, 2006, 04:13 AM
man!!
thanks so much
it made me cry!!
waiting for Mary :)

pierce_fanatic
Dec 11th, 2006, 04:29 AM
thank you so much for that link, it made me happy and sad. sad to see her on crutches and in a knee brace but i was so happy to see her happy and smiling.

we love you mary :kiss:

ashwu
Dec 11th, 2006, 05:27 AM
thank you so much for the news!!!!

Verdasco
Dec 11th, 2006, 07:36 AM
Thanks so much for the news and the video - which brought a tear to my eye.

Saby when you say Mary is training twice a day, seven days a week, you don't mean on a tennis court hitting balls do you?

I hope Mary does play Roland Garros 2007 but I don't want her to rush herself back onto the tour.

Go Mary :bounce:

stefi62
Dec 11th, 2006, 08:27 AM
Thanks so much for the news and the video - which brought a tear to my eye.

Saby when you say Mary is training twice a day, seven days a week, you don't mean on a tennis court hitting balls do you?

I hope Mary does play Roland Garros 2007 but I don't want her to rush herself back onto the tour.

Go Mary :bounce:

No, she is not on court, not yet! She is doing kinesitherapy, pulling and pushing stuff. She even rides a bicycle (well, with only one leg, but hey, that's already so great, isn't it?) i'm so amazed that she already can do so many things! Hope everything will be alright for her!

totallyeddible
Dec 11th, 2006, 09:53 AM
Hi All,

This is wonderful news, I am so happy now...
Was great to see Mary again and looking so well and happy...

It has been impossible to get any news of Mary since Linz really and this news article was very welcome.

Edd

ashwu
Dec 11th, 2006, 02:06 PM
is that music from steel magnolia? suits mary pretty well

ashwu
Dec 11th, 2006, 02:16 PM
youtube link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvCOmewyRbs

RJWCapriati
Dec 11th, 2006, 02:30 PM
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

The Last Unicorn
Dec 11th, 2006, 03:59 PM
is that music from steel magnolia? suits mary pretty well
I think it is from Forrest Gump...

MistyGrey
Dec 11th, 2006, 07:47 PM
I am so happy to hear about Mary's recovery. I hope everything goes well. I dont think returning to Roland Garros in 2007 is a good idea. Clay is the worst surface for knee injuries and Mary shouldn't play on clay right after such a serious knee injury. Grass on the other hand is soft on the body and not that demanding physically.
I just hope Mary comes back at her best! :bounce:

ashwu
Dec 11th, 2006, 10:42 PM
I think it is from Forrest Gump...

:lol: sorry, my bad

Verdasco
Dec 12th, 2006, 01:06 AM
It's so nice to see Mary is still smiling after all that has happened to her with the injury.

ClaudiaZ-S
Dec 12th, 2006, 06:40 AM
:woohoo:
God :worship: :bowdown: & Mary :woohoo:

rsunderji
Dec 12th, 2006, 06:03 PM
I can't tell you how great it is to see her and hear this news. This is great. Thanks for the info.

squig2k
Dec 12th, 2006, 06:47 PM
wow, thanks for the amazing news. im really optimistic!

Mark Spruce
Dec 13th, 2006, 01:40 AM
Thanks so much for the news.

Sorry I have not been around much again. Things going ok again

mark

paul B
Dec 13th, 2006, 05:10 AM
best news i've heard all year.can't wait to see Mary bashing the ball, smiling and posing in front of a huge crowd

cakiteror
Dec 13th, 2006, 11:00 AM
great,gteat news!
saby thanks

Wizzy Maryfan
Dec 16th, 2006, 09:07 AM
Je trouve le titre du topic un peu too much quand même, le docteur a dit cela mais on se demande s'il sait quand Roland Garros se situe.
Et il ne parle pas de tout faire pour qu'elle revienne à Roland Garros précisément, mais courant 2007 ça oui.

En tout cas moi j'ai qd mm senti une certaine souffrance de Mary, je l'ai trouvée dans l'inconnu, elle ignore comment tout va se groupiller, elle fait au jour le jour, elle ne sait pas.
J'espère que Stade2 n'hésitera pas a donner régulierement des news genre ttes les 3 semaines mm si j'aimerai que ce soit ts les jours :$

Wizzy Maryfan
Dec 16th, 2006, 09:12 AM
I am so happy to hear about Mary's recovery. I hope everything goes well. I dont think returning to Roland Garros in 2007 is a good idea. Clay is the worst surface for knee injuries and Mary shouldn't play on clay right after such a serious knee injury. Grass on the other hand is soft on the body and not that demanding physically.
I just hope Mary comes back at her best! :bounce:

I'm not sure you are right, I mean, on clay, mary's knee would have been okay, because Mary would have slid and she would have fallen on the floor ..;

On grass, it could be horrible because you can easily "block" your foot in the grass and you saw in Linz what happened ...

MistyGrey
Dec 16th, 2006, 05:31 PM
Clay is the worst surface for knee injuries... sliding is really really bad especially if u're coming back from a knee surgery, just ask Kim and Lindsay. They were both planning to skip the clay season just to avoid getting injured after their knee injuries. Steffi also didnt want to play the clay season in 98 after her knee surgery, sliding on clay puts a lot of pressure on the knees. I remember Steffi skipped the clay season and made her comeback on grass. Grass is slippery, but u cant block your foot like on carpet or rebound ace. The chances of someone getting injured like Mary did in Linz are minimum on grass.

Wizzy Maryfan
Dec 16th, 2006, 07:05 PM
Clay is the worst surface for knee injuries... sliding is really really bad especially if u're coming back from a knee surgery, just ask Kim and Lindsay. They were both planning to skip the clay season just to avoid getting injured after their knee injuries. Steffi also didnt want to play the clay season in 98 after her knee surgery, sliding on clay puts a lot of pressure on the knees. I remember Steffi skipped the clay season and made her comeback on grass. Grass is slippery, but u cant block your foot like on carpet or rebound ace. The chances of someone getting injured like Mary did in Linz are minimum on grass.

Ok ;)

But u know, Mary has no chance to play Roland Garros, the doctor said they were doing everything to give Mary a chance to play in 2007 ...
That means he's not sure it's possible, so I doubt a lot about her chances to be ready in April to train enought to be in shape for the French !
No chance !

Road will be long and hard, but there's something we're sure about : Mary is at the beginning of the road, and she's starting to advance, even if for the moment, she doesn't know the lengh of this road ...
Comon Mary, never stop to advance, a mile is a mile !

JMC
Dec 17th, 2006, 01:05 AM
Je trouve le titre du topic un peu too much quand même, le docteur a dit cela mais on se demande s'il sait quand Roland Garros se situe.
Et il ne parle pas de tout faire pour qu'elle revienne à Roland Garros précisément, mais courant 2007 ça oui.

En tout cas moi j'ai qd mm senti une certaine souffrance de Mary, je l'ai trouvée dans l'inconnu, elle ignore comment tout va se groupiller, elle fait au jour le jour, elle ne sait pas.
J'espère que Stade2 n'hésitera pas a donner régulierement des news genre ttes les 3 semaines mm si j'aimerai que ce soit ts les jours :$

Bonjour "Wizzy" ???

Je n' interviens plus trop sur ce forum, mais je tenais à te dire que je partage complètement ton opinion ci-dessus, et de manière générale je trouve que tu as souvent une bonne approche et analyse/ maturité, voir un réalisme qui manque à beaucoup de "fans" je crois .....Ce que tu as ressenti pendant cette interview, j'ai eu exactement le même feeling....

Attendons , rien n'est joué !

Mais Dieu que Mary est si jolie et toujours aussi noble dans chacune de ses attitudes, de ses mots, de ses silences aussi.....Elle m'épate à chaque fois vraiment notre Mary.Elle dépasse vraiment et de loin le simple cas d' une grande championne de tennis; ce petit quelquechose indéfinissable chez-elle qui bon an mal an la laisse toujours au-dessus de la melée...."Magic Mary" quoi !

Bonne fête @ tous !

saby
Dec 17th, 2006, 06:58 PM

C'est pour ça que j'ai écrit "may" je suis du même avis que toi Mary ne reviendra pas avant fin 2007 voir 2008, mais je penses que nous sommes les seuls à l'avoir bien compris, en lisant les quotes de tout le monde j'ai l'impression que personnes ne percute, que c'est juste une petite blessure, quand j'écris que Mary commence à retravailler et qu'on me réponds "ah sur les courts de tennis c'est ça" ...1 semaine après l'intervention...:help: c'est pas faute de leur expliquer. Peut êre que mon titre est un peu too much mais bon on ne sait jamais un miracle peut toujours arriver :devil: :lol:

Tylane
Dec 17th, 2006, 10:12 PM
Question: did she not plan to marry this winter ????

stefi62
Dec 17th, 2006, 10:44 PM
Question: did she not plan to marry this winter ????

She had planned it around april for november, but she decided that if she wanted to go on with her career, it would be hard to plan the wedding at the same time, so they postponed it for after her career. (source = Mary herself!)

vanillalatte
Dec 19th, 2006, 07:15 PM
Mary :) :heart:

please get well very soon!

Fire_Fox
Dec 19th, 2006, 08:02 PM
OMG!:eek: I don`t believe. It`s a very short term.
Mary has a very serious injury. I think it`s imposible. It will be dangerous to play in 6 month.
It will be better not to play in tour in 2007!

Dementieva Serve
Dec 20th, 2006, 11:19 AM
If Mary does play in RG 2007 that is great but I don't see the point in risking serious damage just because she is so desperate to play. What if she retires in the 1RD after about five points because she does serious damage? If she didn't play she would have been no worse in terms of how well she does but she will be protected her injury.

Get well soon Mary :sobbing:

stefi62
Dec 20th, 2006, 01:06 PM
Mary never plays if she does not think she can win, so don't worry about her, she knows what she has to do. Well, actually, that's the way I see it, she will play when she is ready, let's just have faith in her wise judgement!:worship:

mamno_MARYFAN
Dec 20th, 2006, 08:16 PM
Great news...come on Mary!!!!:cool:

Dementieva Serve
Dec 21st, 2006, 08:19 AM
Mary is one of the more ... experienced players with injuries. I think she will know when the time is right to return again ;). So will she play any claycourt warm up events or will she just turn up and the French Open 2007 and hope to play her best?

Andy.
Dec 21st, 2006, 10:11 AM
If she did comeback in 2007 I wouls suspect it would be for the US hardcourt season.

Dementieva Serve
Dec 21st, 2006, 10:55 AM
I agree. I feel she will return around the same time she did this year.

If she did comeback in 2007 I wouls suspect it would be for the US hardcourt season.

guycan
Dec 21st, 2006, 01:55 PM
According to this article, her first "appearance" will be at a charity event in Florida at the end of March. Allez Mary!!!!

http://www.tennisnews.com/exclusive.php?pID=15661

Paul.
Dec 21st, 2006, 03:56 PM
According to this article, her first "appearance" will be at a charity event in Florida at the end of March. Allez Mary!!!!

http://www.tennisnews.com/exclusive.php?pID=15661

if it would be great if i was wrong but i have a feeling that article was posted before the injury.

:sad:

im sure mary will return when she feels completely comfortable to do so ;)

mary :hug:

Dementieva Serve
Dec 22nd, 2006, 01:19 AM
It's going to be so boring at AO 2007 without Mary around!!!

ClaudiaZ-S
Dec 22nd, 2006, 06:20 AM
Mary :awww:

guycan
Dec 22nd, 2006, 07:28 AM
if it would be great if i was wrong but i have a feeling that article was posted before the injury.

:sad:

im sure mary will return when she feels completely comfortable to do so ;)

mary :hug:

It was posted on December 20th, so obviously she is committed to the event...not sure in which capacity, but nonetheless, she'll be appearing!!!

Mary's the best, but I echo your sentiments, when I think and hope she would return when she feels comfortable to avoid injuring herself again.

All the best Mary for a excellent and speedy recovery! :wavey: