PDA

View Full Version : What Rivalry You Enjoyed The Most, This Year?

Nicolás89
Dec 10th, 2006, 05:15 PM
Top 3, (for me ofcourse :rolleyes:)

Mauresmo vs Henin 3-2: For me this was the best quality of all the "rivalrys" this year, such goods wins and losses are worth to watch, (even thinking that i dont like them), first of all was the australian open final a match,that was a litle bit dissapointing cause justine had to retire, but was good to watch that someone different to the same ladies won a slam. Then was the berlin semifinal where justine has her revenge against a second rate momo (the first rate momo wasnt there, i have to say), then was the wimby final a great match for momo the last two sets were just incredible for momo, justine just couldnt do nothing, the last two matches at the wta champ i didnt watch them full, but was great to see that the two most "greatest" players of the year were playing the yec final.

Sharapova vs Henin 1-3: Great and entertaining matches (like the dubai final that for me was the best for this rivalry) the most exciting match it wasnt great but was good to say good bye to semipova and welcome to winipova :lol: was ofcourse the us open final.

Hingis vs Kuznetsova 2-2: Yes i have to admit that almost every match of this "rivalry" was responsibility of kuzzy:rolleyes: (exept the zurich match :o )
but i like them because of the good wins for marti:p

Vote!!!

RR-87
Dec 10th, 2006, 05:15 PM
i liked Martina - Maria rivalry :)

Highlandman
Dec 10th, 2006, 05:19 PM
Venus - Hingis and Venus - Schnyder seemed to be good rivalry with two matches between 2 weeks.:sad:

From this ones: Sharapova-Henin;)

Nicolás89
Dec 10th, 2006, 05:20 PM
i liked Martina - Maria rivalry :)

it wasnt a rivalry for me :wavey: but i like the matches between this two ladies

Nicolás89
Venus - Hingis

yes i wished more matches between them:sad:

ioni
Sharapova - Justine :) :devil:

The Daviator
Dec 10th, 2006, 05:23 PM
"No Rivalrys This Year." :)

HenryMag.
Dec 10th, 2006, 05:44 PM
Mauresmo vs. Henin!

Hugo24
Dec 10th, 2006, 06:13 PM
Mauresmo- henin

Just Do It
Dec 10th, 2006, 06:17 PM
Jankovic vs Ivanovic !!!

Kim's_fan_4ever
Dec 10th, 2006, 06:17 PM
Vaidisova - Mauresmo :devil: :p

RJWCapriati
Dec 10th, 2006, 07:13 PM
None of them...but I did like Patty beating Elena 3 times.

Derek.
Dec 10th, 2006, 07:19 PM
Vaidisova vs. Mauresmo. :D :hearts: :drool: :angel:

RenaSlam.
Dec 10th, 2006, 07:20 PM
None. Snore.

iPatty
Dec 10th, 2006, 07:22 PM
schnyder/rubin. :drool: OWNAGE.

BARBIE
Dec 10th, 2006, 07:22 PM
Mauresmo - Hennin

LUXXXAS
Dec 10th, 2006, 07:24 PM
JHH vs Momo

selyoink
Dec 10th, 2006, 07:42 PM
I didn't really enjoy any of the rivalries but I'd say Justine-Amelie was the best.

DemWilliamsGulls
Dec 10th, 2006, 08:06 PM
Didnt watch any finals this year...if Venus or Serena or an American is not playing...9 times out of 10...my channel will be stationed on something else..lol ...so I voted no rivalries...this was a boring year for tennis in my opinion...

PLP
Dec 10th, 2006, 08:47 PM
The Sveta/Martina matches have been really entertaining. Martina should have pulled out the TB in Miami, but Sveta probably should have won the 1st set in Doha. Montreal and Zurich equally could have gone either way. Guess that's why I enjoyed their matches, unpredcitable, momentum swings, drama.

JuJu/Momo had some great matches though too, especially Wimbledon and the YEC final! :worship:

Ben.
Dec 10th, 2006, 09:59 PM
I actually quite enjoyed the Sharapova-Henin-Hardenne rivalry the most out of all of them to be honest, even if it was sort of one-sided. I mean in nearly every single match you got between them this year, the quality of tennis along with the drama just increased & they just both produced some entralling rallies & amazing shots that you could of never thought of. So it was just fantastic :)

Henin-Hardenne-Mauresmo rivalry was also superb as well too, if not even better.

laurie
Dec 10th, 2006, 10:21 PM
Definitely Mauresmo v Henin for me.