PDA

View Full Version : Lindsay vs JEnny!!!Who is better???

ChampLindsay
Dec 10th, 2006, 02:10 PM
LINDSAY DAVENPORT:worship:

WTA Tour singles titles:51
1996 Olympia
1998 US Open
1999 Wimbledon / YEC
2000 Australian Open = won 3 slams
WTA Tour doubles titles 36
1996 Roland Garros/ YEC with Mary Joe Fernadez
1997 US Open/ YEC with Jana Novotna
1999 Wimbledon with Corinna Morariu
Prize Money: $21,763,653
Win Loss Record - Singles: 716-188
Win Loss Record - Doubles: 366-110

H2H against top players:

Capriati: 9-3
Clijsters: 9-9
Graf: 6-9
Seles: 10-3
Venus Williams: 14-13
Serena Williams: 4-11
Hingis: 14-11
Sanchez-Vicario: 5-7
Henin: 5-8
Sabatini: 3-7

JENNIFER CAPRIATI

WTA Tour singles titles: 14
1992 Olympia
2001 Australian Open/Roland Garros
2002 Australian Open
WTA Tour doubles titles:1
Prize Money: $10,206,639
Win Loss Record - Singles: 430-176
Win Loss Record - Doubles: 66-50

H2H against top players:
Davenport: 3-9
Clijsters: 3-3
Graf: 1-10
Seles: 5-9
Venus Williams: 0-4
Serena Williams: 7-10
Hingis: 4-5
Sanchez-Vicario: 4-6
Henin: 2-5
Sabatini: 5-11

In my eyes Davenport is a better player than Caprati because over the years she is more consistentand besides get much titel in doubles.In singles Lindsay has 51 titels more more more than Jenny with only 14.

So what do you think????????

.Andrew.
Dec 10th, 2006, 02:12 PM
Easily and SIMPLY Lindsay :)

LDF
Dec 10th, 2006, 02:13 PM
Lindsay. :)

.Andrew.
Dec 10th, 2006, 02:13 PM
Lol both of you have the same avatars really cute :)

Princeza
Dec 10th, 2006, 02:15 PM
Lindsay

Kart
Dec 10th, 2006, 02:17 PM
Gabriela Sabatini :worship:.

Anyway, Lindsay by miles although frankly most players would have a tough time matching her accomplishments so that's not a bad reflection on JenCap.

Lindsay :worship:.

The Dawntreader
Dec 10th, 2006, 02:24 PM
They're equal in Slams and the gold medal, but Lindsay has the YEC from 99, 51 titles and i just think Lindsay is a more complete and consistent player.

So lindsay:D

ChampLindsay
Dec 10th, 2006, 02:24 PM
Lol both of you have the same avatars really cute :)

yeah thats a really nice Lindsay pic.... from Australia 2000 Thumbs UPPPPP:bounce:

ioni
Dec 10th, 2006, 02:28 PM
Lindsay for sure ! ;)

The Daviator
Dec 10th, 2006, 02:29 PM
There's not one department where Jen leads Lindsay, so it's got to be Linds :)

The Dawntreader
Dec 10th, 2006, 02:30 PM

Big titles on clay?:lol:

The Daviator
Dec 10th, 2006, 02:30 PM
Big titles on clay?:lol:

Lindsay still has more titles on clay :p

The Dawntreader
Dec 10th, 2006, 02:33 PM

Yeah but Jen has the bigger title, eg RG. And Lindsay's eluded Charleston title:lol:

Why the heck am i campaigning for jen anyway? Go Lindsay!:D

ChampLindsay
Dec 10th, 2006, 02:33 PM

thats right.......

she has 6...Cap has only 3;)

shirley
Dec 10th, 2006, 02:34 PM
Lindsay :)

.Andrew.
Dec 10th, 2006, 02:35 PM
I mean the answer is simply Lindsay that there is almost no comparison (not taking away from Capriati, great career too) But Lindsay has 51 TITLES to only 14 for Jennifer. Yeah, they both are equal in GS and a gold medal but Lindsay has won the YEC, won GS even in doubles and is the MORE complete and consistent player that can beat top players on a regular basis... :worship:

The Daviator
Dec 10th, 2006, 02:35 PM
Yeah but Jen has the bigger title, eg RG. And Lindsay's eluded Charleston title:lol:

I like Jen :D And I see the comparison, as they're the same age, both Americans, big punishing games, but Linds is superior ;)

The Dawntreader
Dec 10th, 2006, 02:36 PM
I like Jen :D And I see the comparison, as they're the same age, both Americans, big punishing games, but Linds is superior ;)

She's the queen afterall:D

ChampLindsay
Dec 10th, 2006, 02:36 PM

you mean Amelia Island...there is Lindsay a 3 time winner:worship:

The Dawntreader
Dec 10th, 2006, 02:37 PM
you mean Amelia Island...there is Lindsay a 3 time winner:worship:

But Lindsay hasnt won charleston, Jen has is what i was saying:)

ChampLindsay
Dec 10th, 2006, 02:41 PM
But Lindsay hasnt won charleston, Jen has is what i was saying:)

right....

JEn is a better clay player but Lindsay is a better hard and grass player.....
but Lindsay plays too really good on green clay e.g Amelia Island....

Lindsay beats Jen here in 2003 in semis... in 3 sets....

The Dawntreader
Dec 10th, 2006, 02:42 PM
right....

JEn is a better clay player but Lindsay is a better hard and grass player.....
but Lindsay plays too really good on green clay r.g Amelia Island....

Lindsay beats Jens herer in 2003 in semis... in 3 sets....

Exactly:)

Go Linds though, the Queen of the WTA:worship:

ChampLindsay
Dec 10th, 2006, 02:43 PM
Exactly:)

Go Linds though, the Queen of the WTA:worship:

yes Lindsay rules:hearts: :hearts: :wavey: :wavey:

Jenny.C.Fan
Dec 10th, 2006, 02:55 PM
In my opinion Jen is better simply because of all she acheived at such a young age and because she made the greatest comeback of all time, if we think about it out of the two who will be remembered more... Jen, Lindsay may have won more titles but Jen has left her mark on this sport in more ways than one.

spencercarlos
Dec 10th, 2006, 03:06 PM
In my opinion Jen is better simply because of all she acheived at such a young age and because she made the greatest comeback of all time, if we think about it out of the two who will be remembered more... Jen, Lindsay may have won more titles but Jen has left her mark on this sport in more ways than one.
Lindsay has matched Capriati´s best acomplishments, and Lindsay has even more titles, more weeks at the top of the game, more consistency, only a deluded Fan like you would say that Jennifer is better. You have nothing, no reasons to say that.
This does is not even debatible, Lindsay heads and shoulders above Jennifer.

.Andrew.
Dec 10th, 2006, 03:14 PM
Lindsay has matched Capriati´s best acomplishments, and Lindsay has even more titles, more weeks at the top of the game, more consistency, only a deluded Fan like you would say that Jennifer is better. You have nothing, no reasons to say that.

Well said! :worship:

ChampLindsay
Dec 10th, 2006, 03:16 PM

exactly.........:wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

jazzfuzion
Dec 10th, 2006, 03:32 PM
its obvious lindsay is better but if the reason for a comparison to jen is so as to validate lindsay's career then i think its __________.

but based on the question per se the answer is obvious.

Still jen had an admirable career and even if she did not have as stellar a career as lindsay's she can still go to bed happy every night,contented with everything she's achieved(considering she was out of the game for quite a while and had to climb ALL THE WAY back up,its really quite a feat.perhaps some people have no idea how hard it was for her to be amongst the elite again).

Natalicious
Dec 10th, 2006, 04:01 PM
definetively lindsay :yeah:

!<blocparty>!
Dec 10th, 2006, 04:08 PM

:haha::haha::haha:

Andrew..
Dec 10th, 2006, 04:52 PM
Lindsay, without question. Plus, her career is still in progress for at least another season. Capriati's, for all intents and purposes, seems finished.

jazar
Dec 10th, 2006, 04:55 PM
lindsay has had a better career and more longevity

Dementieva_Dude
Dec 10th, 2006, 04:57 PM
Lindsay! I LOVE the sound of the ball that she hits...so clean, so powerful. Simply one of the best. JenCap is no slouch either, but to me there is no comparison.

hingis-seles
Dec 10th, 2006, 05:15 PM
Lindsay Ann Davenport. Jennifer doesn't even have the best comeback in tennis. That belongs to Monica Seles.

hurricanejeanne
Dec 10th, 2006, 05:19 PM
Lindsay wins hands down.

They have equal amounts of slams and they both have an Olympic Gold Medal.
But Lindsay has better numbers.
More weeks as number one, she's won the YEC, more titles (and Lindsay's resume also boosts her as a top doubles player as well.)
And not to mention that Lindsay also leads the personal head-to-head with Jennifer.

And as was already pointed out, Lindsay has at least another year in her to add to her legacy, Jennifer has a very slim chance to make a return.

HenryMag.
Dec 10th, 2006, 05:46 PM
Lindsay of course!

LindsayRulz
Dec 10th, 2006, 05:49 PM
Lindsay by miles!

thrust
Dec 10th, 2006, 05:57 PM
Lindsay has had a far superior career to Jennifer.

RJWCapriati
Dec 10th, 2006, 07:15 PM
Capriati

Kai
Dec 10th, 2006, 07:17 PM
Lindsay :)

cartmancop
Dec 10th, 2006, 07:17 PM
Lindsay by a mile... It's always been surprising to me when I look at JCAP's W/L record against top players, on lots of them it's not even close...

but yes Lindsay has had the longevity and tons more titles in both singles and doubles.

Dementieva_Dude
Dec 10th, 2006, 08:12 PM
Lindsay Ann Davenport. Jennifer doesn't even have the best comeback in tennis. That belongs to Monica Seles.

:worship:

PLP
Dec 10th, 2006, 08:27 PM

Yeah, this is definitely one of the best player comparisions we have ever had on the board.

Davenport hands down though. MANY more titles! Great record against other top players, except Serena.

It surprises me that Jen doesn't have winning records against any of the top players. She underachieved in her career, she should have won at least 30 titles IMHO.

PLP
Dec 10th, 2006, 08:33 PM
its obvious lindsay is better but if the reason for a comparison to jen is so as to validate lindsay's career then i think its __________.

but based on the question per se the answer is obvious.

Still jen had an admirable career and even if she did not have as stellar a career as lindsay's she can still go to bed happy every night,contented with everything she's achieved(considering she was out of the game for quite a while and had to climb ALL THE WAY back up,its really quite a feat.perhaps some people have no idea how hard it was for her to be amongst the elite again).

Exactly...99.9% of tennis players would kill to have 3 GS titles and an Olympic gold!

Mightymirza
Dec 10th, 2006, 08:38 PM
davy...

hingisGOAT
Dec 10th, 2006, 08:51 PM
davenport was more consistently excellent throughout her career, for sure.

this, however, should not suggest in any way that davenport was anywhere near as entertaining and exciting as capriati. jen's matches were watched by more than just tennis purists -- she was an even bigger story than v&s during her comeback -- and more importantly, she had a competitive spirit and fire that lindsay will never be able to match.

so while davenport has the more expansive resume, capriati entertained more people and will ultimately be the more remembered and admired champion :)

The Daviator
Dec 10th, 2006, 10:18 PM

this, however, should not suggest in any way that davenport was anywhere near as entertaining and exciting as capriati. jen's matches were watched by more than just tennis purists -- she was an even bigger story than v&s during her comeback -- and more importantly, she had a competitive spirit and fire that lindsay will never be able to match.

so while davenport has the more expansive resume, capriati entertained more people and will ultimately be the more remembered and admired champion :)

:lol:

More memorable? Perhaps

More admired :tape: :lol:

!<blocparty>!
Dec 10th, 2006, 10:21 PM
I'm loving the arguments put forward by Jen fans so far.

komorli
Dec 10th, 2006, 10:26 PM
According to the statistics, Lindsay is better; more consistant in results. But I feel, as a player, Jen is better. I haven't seen Jen play that much, but from what I've seen she can move better and can hit just as hard as Lindsay. Jen seems to be able to do more with the ball.

The Daviator
Dec 10th, 2006, 10:42 PM
According to the statistics, Lindsay is better; more consistant in results. But I feel, as a player, Jen is better. I haven't seen Jen play that much, but from what I've seen she can move better and can hit just as hard as Lindsay. Jen seems to be able to do more with the ball.

Capriati moves better, much better, but Lindsay has a much greater serve and her strokes are more consistent, the results speak for themselves :p

hurricanejeanne
Dec 10th, 2006, 10:47 PM
Capriati moves better, much better, but Lindsay has a much greater serve and her strokes are more consistent, the results speak for themselves :p

Yup. ;)

bello
Dec 10th, 2006, 11:47 PM
Statistically speaking, definitely Lindsay.

Farina Elia Fan
Dec 11th, 2006, 01:14 AM
Davenport by miles :)

Andrew..
Dec 11th, 2006, 01:24 AM
If moving better than Lindsay is a judgement of her ability, then Dementieva beats her hands down.

Capriati may hit as hard as Lindsay, but when she did, it would land on the service line. Lindsay's strokes would hit deep and hard. Capriati would have one or the other, and not both at the same time. Plus, Capriati's ball striking ability was never close to Lindsay's. Capriati also had one of the most attackable serves in the top 10.

And you just pulled the last comment out of your ass.

Farina Elia Fan
Dec 11th, 2006, 01:26 AM
If moving better than Lindsay is a judgement of her ability, then Dementieva beats her hands down.

Capriati may hit as hard as Lindsay, but when she did, it would land on the service line. Lindsay's strokes would hit deep and hard. Capriati would have one or the other, and not both at the same time. Plus, Capriati's ball striking ability was never close to Lindsay's. Capriati also had one of the most attackable serves in the top 10.

And you just pulled the last comment out of your ass.

:worship:

FanDeJen
Dec 11th, 2006, 02:18 AM
Jen

IceHock
Dec 11th, 2006, 02:22 AM
Jen's game matches up better to the bigger players because she does everything consistenly good. Lindsay has never had that movement and it always hurts her against ther like of Clijsters, Henin, and the Williams, I don't even know ther H2H but for me Jen jas the better game.

MH0861
Dec 11th, 2006, 02:57 AM
Jen's game matches up better to the bigger players because she does everything consistenly good. Lindsay has never had that movement and it always hurts her against ther like of Clijsters, Henin, and the Williams, I don't even know ther H2H but for me Jen jas the better game.

9-3. Not even close. Lindsay has a better H2H record against all the top players than Capriati, save for one in Serena Williams.

More career titles, more weeks at #1, a dominant H2H, a better H2H against other top players... there really isn't much comparison.

MH0861
Dec 11th, 2006, 03:00 AM

People love a good comeback story, and I think people will remember that more about Capriati than anything else.

Lulu.
Dec 11th, 2006, 03:01 AM
Lindsay

swissmisshingis
Dec 11th, 2006, 04:53 AM
Lindsay of course.

Lefty.
Dec 11th, 2006, 05:11 AM
Lindsay definitely. :D

bandabou
Dec 11th, 2006, 06:05 AM
Not even a discussion...Lindsay of course. Still perplexes me though that only three of 51 titles are a major...when you see such a high number of titles, you kinda expect more majors.

Miranda
Dec 11th, 2006, 07:47 AM
of course its lindsay, she is a bit unlucky on losing 4 finals in slams otherwise she will have more slams :sad:

Malin
Dec 11th, 2006, 08:28 AM
Jen for sure, much better game and competitive spirit, you can't decide everything by numbers. Jen grew up playing during strong period in women's tennis with steffi, monica, etc. Lindsay won most of her slams and titles during a low point in the wta.

The Daviator
Dec 11th, 2006, 08:42 AM
Jen for sure, much better game and competitive spirit, you can't decide everything by numbers. Jen grew up playing during strong period in women's tennis with steffi, monica, etc. Lindsay won most of her slams and titles during a low point in the wta.

Davenport beat Graf and Hingis at her peak to win her Slams, Capriati beat Clijsters (barely) who was just on the up and Hingis (again barely) who was in a slump...

The fact that you can't qualify your 'much better game' statement says it all, explain how her game is 'much better'? :confused: I agree with you on the competitive spirit point, but Lindsay is better, any objective fan can see that :wavey:

Andy.
Dec 11th, 2006, 09:52 AM
Lindsay for sure she has a great head to head against Jen and her career blows Jen's out of the water.

Dave.
Dec 11th, 2006, 02:34 PM
Both of these players are some of my favourites, and it is easy to compare them because their games are quite similar. However, there really is no contest whatsoever. Lindsay has achieved so much more than Capriati. Lindsay's singles achievements alone are much better than Jennifer's, and when you add doubles in there, there is no contest.

Also, while Capriati is a loved champion because she was so good when she was 14 and she made that huge comeback, Lindsay is also one of the most loved and admired champions.

JCF
Dec 11th, 2006, 02:41 PM

What does competitive spirit have to do with who is better? Game, you're having a laugh. Dav is such a natural strokemaker, Capriati is good but not so natural.

You're right about numbers not being everything, but in this case I think it works as they have both played in the same era. Consistency is the key.

TeamUSA#1
Dec 11th, 2006, 02:47 PM
Both are great champions! and we will see both in the Hall of Fame for sure.

Comparing their careers is really stupid. Davenport has the more complete resume by far for sure. Lindsay has achieved much more than Jen as she should have since Lindsay has played on the WTA for 14 years basically non-stop(except for last year:sad: ). Jen on the other hand, had 3 1/2 solid years at the start of her career, then 2 1/2 years where she didn't play at all, then 1 full year in 1996, then 2 years plauged by injuries ('97-'98) with a minimal schedule, and then 5 solid years and a great 2004, though not complete since she missed 5 months in total with injury.

However, I still feel that Jen will be the one remembered more. Somehow her comeback from personal despair, and what she achieved there-after seems to be more memorable. Jen was not only the biggest story in tennis in 2001, she was the biggest story in sports that year. That is not slight on Lindsay, it just is what it is.

I admire both ladies, and hope we can see both play again soon.

MH0861
Dec 11th, 2006, 03:35 PM
Both are great champions! and we will see both in the Hall of Fame for sure.

Comparing their careers is really stupid. Davenport has the more complete resume by far for sure. Lindsay has achieved much more than Jen as she should have since Lindsay has played on the WTA for 14 years basically non-stop(except for last year:sad: ). Jen on the other hand, had 3 1/2 solid years at the start of her career, then 2 1/2 years where she didn't play at all, then 1 full year in 1996, then 2 years plauged by injuries ('97-'98) with a minimal schedule, and then 5 solid years and a great 2004, though not complete since she missed 5 months in total with injury.

However, I still feel that Jen will be the one remembered more. Somehow her comeback from personal despair, and what she achieved there-after seems to be more memorable. Jen was not only the biggest story in tennis in 2001, she was the biggest story in sports that year. That is not slight on Lindsay, it just is what it is.

I admire both ladies, and hope we can see both play again soon.

I agree with you about Capriati's legacy, but it's too bad that so many years of consistently excellent tennis won't end up being something celebrated or remembered. Lindsay ends up being hurt because she didn't have personal problems or her game went south for several years or let nagging injuries hinder her game for years like the rest of her contemporaries.

MH0861
Dec 11th, 2006, 03:42 PM

And did Jennifer win any of her slams while playing during that strong period of tennis with Steffi and Monica? No.

Hmm, seems like Capriati's competitive spirit was one-upped by Lindsay's when Lindsay beat her in 4 consecutive three set matches. :eek: ;)

DevilishAttitude
Dec 11th, 2006, 04:05 PM
I love Jen, but it's Lindsay. On her day, Lindsay could destroy anyone. I'm sure Jen could beat anyone on her day, but it wouldn't be a destruction.

Now, this is where I completely disagree.

Firstly, Jen won 3 slams in 8 years, Monica won only 1 in 8 years. Jen had 4 wins over the #1 player, Monica had 4 to, but Jen won over more #1's than Monica again, proving Jen had a higher level against all players. Jen made her way to #1 and wasn't given it like Monica. Jen won all the slam finals she was in, Monica didn't.

I think this proves Jen's comeback was greater, because she achieved more :)

GoDominique
Dec 11th, 2006, 04:18 PM
Lindsay has a better record. Although most of it will be forgotten in a few years. Number of titles is pretty meaningless, same for weeks at no.1.

When they were both at or near their best, Jen won the big titles while Lindsay won none.
Overall Jen has made more out of her potential which I think is more important.

No Name Face
Dec 11th, 2006, 05:08 PM
of course lindsay.

pigam
Dec 11th, 2006, 05:42 PM
linziiiiiiii :hearts:

serenafan08
Dec 11th, 2006, 06:31 PM
Lindsay. She has better technique on her groundstrokes, a better serve, and quite frankly I'm biased because she's one of my favs! :D

sweetpeas
Dec 11th, 2006, 08:15 PM
No doubt.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,MRS.LINDSAY Dvenport!I always respect and love this beautiful lady.

P_Fer
Dec 11th, 2006, 08:22 PM
Lindsay for sure

*abby*
Dec 11th, 2006, 10:29 PM
i think things could really have been different had jenny not had to take this long injury lay off. she was in blinding form not long before she nakerd her shoulder and wrist.
yeah im not gonna deny lindsay has got like a million more titles but jenny has reached a hell of a lot of finals whether she won them or not she has been consistent.
i really like lindsay and, on paper, she is the better player but i love jenny!
they are both amazing

*abby*
Dec 11th, 2006, 10:29 PM
oh and jennys cross court forehand on the run is the best in the world so thats one category she beats linds in :p

*abby*
Dec 11th, 2006, 10:41 PM
please lets not turn this into jenny bashing
some of you act like its a joke to compare the two but its really not!
like people have said, its not just all about whats on paper, you have to take personality and personal circumstances into account.
if jenny had played from the time she first came onto the tour and if she was still playing now without having those years out, it would be a very different story.

The Daviator
Dec 11th, 2006, 10:42 PM
Hi abby :wavey: Jen is :worship: But I think when you look at their respective records, you've gotta go with Linds :)

*abby*
Dec 11th, 2006, 11:01 PM
heya :wavey:
i agree that on paper lindsay is the better player id be stupid not to
but when you take everything else into account its a lot closer

Brooks.
Dec 11th, 2006, 11:08 PM
I still can't believe Jen only has 14 titles...:tape:

*abby*
Dec 11th, 2006, 11:10 PM
i no me neither but she has been in a lot of finals and she was consistently one of the best players in the world for a looooong time
dont get me wrong i have an immense amount of respect and admiration for lindsay i think she is an incredible athlete

patricio
Dec 11th, 2006, 11:15 PM
What is this thread for?

*abby*
Dec 11th, 2006, 11:17 PM
the starter was probably a troll considerin the stats he posted were so one sided
it was a bit of a daft question to ask

selyoink
Dec 11th, 2006, 11:32 PM
Lindsay without question.

spencercarlos
Dec 12th, 2006, 02:24 AM
i no me neither but she has been in a lot of finals and she was consistently one of the best players in the world for a looooong time
dont get me wrong i have an immense amount of respect and admiration for lindsay i think she is an incredible athlete
Not certainly. Look at Capriati´s numbers, rankings wise.

Top 10 finishes (90,91,92,93,01,02,03,04)= 8 years
Top 5 finishes (01,02)= 2 years
Top 3 finishes (01,02)= 2 years

Capriati´s numbers does not indicate she was consistently one of the best players in the world for that "long" time as you say, she remained well in the top 10 for 8 years. But only a huge force top 5 and top 3 finishes in the rankings for only 2 years, relatively low compared to Pierce (4 top 5 finishes, never top two like Jenn though), even Conchita (5 straight years in the top 5) and Sabatini (6 straight years in the top 5) had better year end ranking resumés than Capriati and we know that Jennifer acomplished way more than these players. And lets not even talk about the number of tournaments where all of these players and especially Conchita and Sabatini outnumber Jennifer by a lot.

Plus Capriati´s story despite all the guts she showed and her remarkable comeback she and her family were the only one responsibles for all of the personal and family problems and absence from the game, she was not seriously injured, or attacked and bumped out of the game like for example Monica or Steffi. Her hiatus from the game was self imposed.

I would not label Lindsay as an incredible athlete by any means, Lindsay is more the great tennis player, than the great athlete. Great hitter of the ball, one of the cleanest ever, all of the shots, but not an incredible athlete.

*abby*
Dec 12th, 2006, 11:13 AM
being in the top 10 for 8 years and being #1 during that time does show that she was one of the best players in the world for a long time. 8 years is a hell of a long time and she had to consistantly play well to stay there so sorry on that point you are wrong.
and yes we all know that what happened to jenny was to a certain extent the fault of her family but you forget she turned professional at 14. she was still a child and nowhere near old enough to be able to cope with the fame and pressure never mind the responsibility of supporting her whole family. she was forced to grow up in the spotlight and to go through all thee things teenagers go through but with the whole world watching her every move. you might still say its her fault and fair enough. but how easy could it have been for her to just stop there, to never play again? she said interviews she didnt even want to leave her room never mind set foot on a tennis court!to then get to number 1 and spend 8 years in the top 10 being a constant threat at tournaments i think is remarkable!so please dont belittle what she went through or the greatness of what she achieved!
as for lindsay, she has played constantly on the tour for what 14 years?shes not fallen apart, she still plays at the highest level and has lasted longer than a lot of players. to do that i think youd have to be an incredible athlete, none of us could do it and why do you think so many players get injured?its because its damn hard work!

ChampLindsay
Dec 12th, 2006, 01:28 PM
oh and jennys cross court forehand on the run is the best in the world so thats one category she beats linds in :p

no way lindsay has top cross court forehand....i think better than Jen....

may be they are both top....

i look for a vidz with voth forehands then we make a dicision

jazzfuzion
Dec 12th, 2006, 01:54 PM
no way lindsay has top cross court forehand....i think better than Jen....

may be they are both top....

i look for a vidz with voth forehands then we make a dicision

and doing that would help you further reinforce your point that lindsay truly is the greater player.i think the point of the the thread you started is obvious.so lindsay is the greater player,as you've been tryint o tell us.you have your case.yay!good for you!unbelievable!oh my god!wow!you won!she's better than jen!yay!WTG! gold medal for you! claps! hugs! kisses!

*abby*
Dec 12th, 2006, 04:58 PM
it is well known that jennys has the best one. when she is on it hits the lines in the farthest corner from her opponent. commentaters have been saying it for years. lindsays may be good but jennys is better, most lindsay fans would probably admit it too!

pigam
Dec 12th, 2006, 05:29 PM
well, one thing is for sure,
to have agreat forehand on the run, you also need a good run, and I think the lindsay fans will agree that Jen's run is superior to Lindsay's ;)

*abby*
Dec 12th, 2006, 06:19 PM
thanku :kiss:

QUEENLINDSAY
Dec 12th, 2006, 07:04 PM
well, one thing is for sure,
to have agreat forehand on the run, you also need a good run, and I think the lindsay fans will agree that Jen's run is superior to Lindsay's ;)

But the point is, Lindsay can win matches without running.

pigam
Dec 12th, 2006, 07:14 PM

:lol: ok, true ;)
but still, you know ... if the focus is now temporarily solely on the "running forehand" ... Jen takes it :p

as far as swearing on court goes, both are quite close as well ;) :p

The Daviator
Dec 12th, 2006, 07:32 PM
Right, so are we agreed...

Jen gets the running forehand, Lindsay everything else :p

End.

pigam
Dec 12th, 2006, 07:41 PM

End.

yes ;)

saki
Dec 12th, 2006, 07:54 PM
Obviously, Lindsay. But the stats do show very clearly just how much of an underachiever Lindsay has been. She has amazing stats in just about every category except winning Grand Slams. With her ability and the length of her career, she ought to have at least 6 Grand Slams.

oliverbecken
Dec 12th, 2006, 08:03 PM
Lindsay, no doubt!!!:o

!<blocparty>!
Dec 12th, 2006, 08:05 PM

That wasn't the point at all. :lol: But anyway, overall Lindsay's forehand cross court was better than Jen's (see: Indian Wells 2003 - Lindsay hit 50 winners in that match, her forehand CC was on fire). The lasso kind of thing she does is spectaular. :hearts:

hurricanejeanne
Dec 12th, 2006, 08:34 PM

End.

:lol: Okay, I can take that.
(But I still think Lindsay's cross court forehand is better than Jennifer's when it's on.) :p

But yeah.

Stamp Paid
Dec 12th, 2006, 09:02 PM
Both suck.
Lindsay sucked less for more of her career.
So Lindsay.
Again, both suck.

spencercarlos
Dec 13th, 2006, 12:00 AM
being in the top 10 for 8 years and being #1 during that time does show that she was one of the best players in the world for a long time. 8 years is a hell of a long time and she had to consistantly play well to stay there so sorry on that point you are wrong.
and yes we all know that what happened to jenny was to a certain extent the fault of her family but you forget she turned professional at 14. she was still a child and nowhere near old enough to be able to cope with the fame and pressure never mind the responsibility of supporting her whole family. she was forced to grow up in the spotlight and to go through all thee things teenagers go through but with the whole world watching her every move. you might still say its her fault and fair enough. but how easy could it have been for her to just stop there, to never play again? she said interviews she didnt even want to leave her room never mind set foot on a tennis court!to then get to number 1 and spend 8 years in the top 10 being a constant threat at tournaments i think is remarkable!so please dont belittle what she went through or the greatness of what she achieved!
as for lindsay, she has played constantly on the tour for what 14 years?shes not fallen apart, she still plays at the highest level and has lasted longer than a lot of players. to do that i think youd have to be an incredible athlete, none of us could do it and why do you think so many players get injured?its because its damn hard work!
My point being was that she was a major threat on the tour for just a couple of years 2001 and 2002, and that even other players with considerably lower GS´s resumé than Jennifer had more titles, and more years in the top 5 than Jennifer.

Im not diminishing her achievements, at all she deserves everything that she is got but when compared to Lindsay she beat Lindsay in 0 categories to support a case for her being better than Lindsay.

And once again many players, especially back then when age rule was not instated, had to live up with those same situations that Jennifer went through, the media, the expectations, the pressure, etc... Lindsay and her parents handled it in a different way, others like Seles, Graf, Sabatini, Sanchez Vicario, Hingis, Venus, turned pro very early and in they became greats for the sports and never went through those kind of bad patches that Jennifer went throught. So Jennifer was not the only one affected by these things, difference was that they found a way to survive it, Jennifer did not, so her fault, and her parents´s fault too.

You can find a definition of Athlete here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Athlete

Sure Lindsay´s ability to hit the ball has a lot to do with her phisique, but words like (strength, agility, and endurance) are not Lindsay´s best qualities on a tennis court, that was why i quoted your "amazing athlete" statement. Yeah Lindsay hits the ball very hard, sure that is related to strenght, but Lindsay´s perfect tecnique in her serve and groundstrokes and precision is what makes the most of her groundstrokes, plus she does not use muscular brutal force like Serena for example.

Barrie_Dude
Dec 13th, 2006, 02:11 AM
Like Lindsay
Love Jennifer!

LUIS9
Dec 13th, 2006, 04:33 AM
Unfortunately Jenny's case against Davenport isnt a very good one. I agree with Spencercarlos when he say's Davenport leads in every possible category which makes her career a far more accomplished one than Capriati's.

I mean just in the tier 1 wins category Davenport leads by a mile with 11 to less than 5 for Jenn. Then there's the even more unsurmountable comparison 51 titles to 14 that's almost 4 times more titles and they've both been playing for about the same amount of years.

I love the Jenn story and how she rebounded and rededicated to her tennis and won 3 slams and proved what a talent she was. Nevertheless, it was and will always be intriguing to me why she won so few titles, when she was known for her fight and grit?

GoDominique
Feb 14th, 2007, 04:16 PM
:zzz:

!<blocparty>!
Feb 14th, 2007, 04:20 PM
:haha:

Oh these threads are fun!

tennisjunky
Feb 14th, 2007, 04:30 PM
its closer than their records look. lindsay did more and her achievments over shadow jennifers, but with so many years at number one and with so many titles you feel she should have won more slams. jennifer brought her best tennis out in the slams, lindsay brought her best out in other tournaments. at the end of the day thet end up with the same amount of slams. what jennifer was able to do at 13 and then do in her mid/late twenties was impressive.

voted that they are equal.

lecciones
Feb 14th, 2007, 04:45 PM
Lindsay no competition at that. She showed she could be no.1 in the end of 1998 when Martina was dominating and Serena and Venus were just starting, etc...and 2001 when martina had injury problems and Serena and Venus were just about at their highs, and in 2004, 2005 when the newbies were doing great like JHH, Clijsters, Maria, etc...

manu32
Feb 14th, 2007, 08:45 PM
Like Lindsay
Love Jennifer!

me too

manu32
Feb 14th, 2007, 08:47 PM
jennifer was the first baby player and wta changed the rules for her....

KYLIE
Feb 16th, 2007, 07:20 AM
All this talk of who was better really depresses me.

Game wise they are similarly matched except for perhaps the serve which goes to Lindsay.

Im sorry but to whomever thinks lindsay is "way better" needs to get there heads straight, because she is not "way better"

She has "more titles" but since when does that make you "better"??? It just makes you have more dishes to clean and polish.

Please, Capriati was smart to win only 15 titles....less cleaning and more time for partying! That bitch is smart!

;) lmao

martinafan!
Feb 16th, 2007, 08:16 AM

What about the fact that Jen defended a Slam, and Linds didn't?

Dave.
Feb 16th, 2007, 01:25 PM
That wasn't the point at all. :lol: But anyway, overall Lindsay's forehand cross court was better than Jen's (see: Indian Wells 2003 - Lindsay hit 50 winners in that match, her forehand CC was on fire). The lasso kind of thing she does is spectaular. :hearts:

I completely agree. Lindsay's lasso forehand on the run is just amazing! At Wimbledon 05 vs Clijsters, they were just spectacular!

ChampLindsay
Feb 16th, 2007, 02:55 PM
I completely agree. Lindsay's lasso forehand on the run is just amazing! At Wimbledon 05 vs Clijsters, they were just spectacular!

yeah Lindsays lasso forehand during the 2 weeks wimbeldon 05 was in every match amazing....

Lindsay:sad:

Lindzfan
Jul 27th, 2007, 06:32 AM
This is Lindsay absolutely hands down. I'm not being biased either, because I love both. Just look at the records.

Lindsay has been number 1 longer, has numerous more titles, has better head to heads against all the top players (except Serena). Both are equal on Slam wins, and 1 Olympic Gold.

There are only two things Jen has over Lindsay. She won bigger clay events, eg, charleston, The French Open, and defended a Slam, 2001-2002 Australian Opens.

saint2
Jul 27th, 2007, 07:59 AM
Lindsay is better by far...

Kunal
Jul 27th, 2007, 08:37 AM
lindsay hands down

Calypso
Jul 27th, 2007, 09:11 AM
Lindsay for sure.

ElusiveChanteuse
Jul 27th, 2007, 09:30 AM
Lindsay!!! :worship: :hearts:

Jennifer :hug: ;)

bandabou
Jul 27th, 2007, 11:01 AM
Lindsay..for shizzle. Although I agree..that with all those weeks at no.1 Lindsay should have won more majors.

Max565
Jul 27th, 2007, 11:40 AM
Lindsay without a doubt.

!<blocparty>!
Jul 27th, 2007, 02:52 PM
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: I ThInK JenNnIe CaP is nUmBeR 1 'Cs heR gAmE is Cwwl aNd ShE hAd lIke tHe beSt coMebacK eVaH plUs BeInG a TeEn Pr0DigY anD AmAzInG fIgHteR!!1 :bounce::bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

kiwifan
Jul 27th, 2007, 02:56 PM
Well the USTA thought it was J Cap and used to ignore Lindsay in favor of J Cap...

...until evil Richard came along...

...then Lindsay became their Saint.

Lindsay has had a better career.

Peak J Cap beats Peak Lindsay :p

Thanx4nothin
Jul 27th, 2007, 03:29 PM
Lindsay, every stat is in her favour more or less.

Mr. Magassi
Jul 27th, 2007, 03:29 PM
Didn't Jenn spank Linds when they were juniors? ;) Anyway, Lindsay clearly has the better career (wish Jenn would've hung on after 93, they would've played a lot more)...

Andrew Laeddis
Jul 27th, 2007, 06:04 PM

how about MOVEMENT. Jen was one of the best mover on tour.

Andrew Laeddis
Jul 27th, 2007, 06:06 PM
Lindsay..for shizzle. Although I agree..that with all those weeks at no.1 Lindsay should have won more majors.

i dont think she should won majors considering the plaers who were winning majors were better players (serena,venus,justine. i stil cant believe a player who didnt make single slam final and only two seis finals in 2004 was number 1 but ranking dont mean much. venus didnt get number 1 until 2002 and she dominated the second half of 2000 and 2001.

i do however feel that lindsay is the better player. just look at their head to head.

DA FOREHAND
Jul 28th, 2007, 12:45 AM
They shouldn't be mentioned in the same league Lindsay hands down

serenaforever
Jul 28th, 2007, 01:55 AM
JenCap

danieln1
Jul 28th, 2007, 05:09 AM
No comparison, Lindsay is WAY better than Capriati, head to head says it all, number of titles, Slam titles, weeks at number 1, pointless thread

archie4
Jul 28th, 2007, 06:24 AM
Lindsay is the better player. Not only does Lindsay have beautiful strokes; she has also been much more consistant throughout her career. Lindsay is also quite accomplished in doubles. I'm so glad it looks like she is making a come-back!

The Daviator
Jul 28th, 2007, 11:13 AM
how about MOVEMENT. Jen was one of the best mover on tour.

I mean statisically speaking :p

i dont think she should won majors considering the plaers who were winning majors were better players (serena,venus,justine. i stil cant believe a player who didnt make single slam final and only two seis finals in 2004 was number 1 but ranking dont mean much. venus didnt get number 1 until 2002 and she dominated the second half of 2000 and 2001.

i do however feel that lindsay is the better player. just look at their head to head.

Do you even remember what happened in '04? :rolleyes: There were 4 different major winners, Lindsay was winning titles all year round, overall she was the best performer of '04, as the rankings show :wavey: