PDA

View Full Version : Rosmalen tournament

KaseyL
Jun 17th, 2002, 08:01 PM
Kim will be second up on Tuesday (Lleyton vs Chang is first, at 1 PM local time). She will play Glass from Germany.

Go Kim!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Cilla
Jun 17th, 2002, 10:59 PM
GO KIMMY!!!!Lleyton vs Chang!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

Come-on-kim
Jun 18th, 2002, 07:33 AM
Will they broadcast it on Nos or thing like that?

Lleyki
Jun 18th, 2002, 09:56 AM
I think they won't broadcast it anywhere :fiery:

pls correct me if I'm wrong

Josh
Jun 18th, 2002, 10:29 AM
I know the Dutch TV (NED2 I think) will show tennis from Rosmalen but I don't know which matches they will show. But they will certainly show highlights during the sport journals.

Lleyki
Jun 18th, 2002, 11:56 AM
thx josh :)

KaseyL
Jun 18th, 2002, 01:09 PM
Ned2 starts at 8.30PM I think (but check the time).

Only Lleyton Hewitt vs Chang was live on Eurosport.

KaseyL
Jun 18th, 2002, 02:17 PM
Kim won her match against Glass 6-3, 6-2!!! It went fast!

Sonja
Jun 18th, 2002, 04:20 PM
http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/xp/afp_photo/20020618/sge.upz90.180602153502.photo00.default-329x384.jpg

Come-on-kim
Jun 18th, 2002, 05:36 PM
Great picture of Kim!!!!!

Right now, on Nos-TV, in studio sport, het is Shalken vs Golmard

arn
Jun 18th, 2002, 09:20 PM
I still don't like that baby-blue :(

But congrats Kim for winning :) :) :)

Come-on-kim
Jun 19th, 2002, 05:13 AM
I like her outfits!!! but it's too simple!!

thekimfan
Jun 19th, 2002, 11:39 AM
Congrats Kimmie:kiss:

KaseyL
Jun 19th, 2002, 12:15 PM
Here's my quick translation of an interview in the Belgian press today (source: De Standaard, June 19):

Kim on the 48 minutes match against Andrea Glass: ‘It took more than long enough. I never played in such a heat in Belgium or the Netherlands. But it went easy. Also without a coach’, she joked.

‘For the time being I can do without one. I am already some years in the tour and know how to train. I have booked a number of sparring partners for the coming weeks and have been scouting Glass and de los Rios yesterday. That is my task now. If I really need advise, I can always count on Jason. We aren’t really looking for a new coach. Far more important is a physiotherapist who can travel with me to take care of my arm and shoulder.’

Kim feels herself physically much better than at Roland Garros. ‘My serve was excellent today. And that even with the soft surface. I have practised on a harder surface at Queen’s, so I had to get used to it. But I feel good and am positive about Wimbledon. What’s my opinion about my opponents? Well, I don’t know, because I don’t know the draw and don’t want to know it. I am occupied with the Rosmalen tournament.’

and a quote about having Jason as a coach:
'Only when he has time.' (source: De Telegraaf, June 19)

arn
Jun 19th, 2002, 12:31 PM
It must be strange scouting your next opponent!

But good to hear she can do it all be herself :) :) :)

keta
Jun 19th, 2002, 12:35 PM
thanzk for the article Ingrid. Good to hear that kim is going alrite even with out a coach. Kepp it up kimm!!:bounce: :bounce:

KaseyL
Jun 19th, 2002, 07:00 PM
Schedule of play for tomorrow is like on Tuesday: Lleyton first (vs Youzhny now), at 1 PM local time, then Kim second up, all on centre court.

Kim will play Tina Pisnik.

Go Kim!

Come-on-kim
Jun 19th, 2002, 08:05 PM
Come on Kim:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

arn
Jun 20th, 2002, 08:44 AM
Good luck Kim!!!!!!

Cilla
Jun 20th, 2002, 10:29 AM
Good Luck Kimmy!:bounce:

KaseyL
Jun 20th, 2002, 11:39 AM
and a reaction from Kim at Rosmalen on questions about the claims in the press of an upcoming marriage:

While Lleyton reacted quite irritated, Kim more laughed at it.

Source: Dutch press (De Gelderlander), June 19

translated

"Clijsters reacted more in a nice way: 'Ah, they bring things that aren't true. Meanwhile we are already engaged and married twice.
But it's always with the same one. I can't do anything about it, but I do think it's funny.' "

Cilla
Jun 20th, 2002, 12:21 PM
Awww...Kimmy is such an :angel:

Sarah
Jun 20th, 2002, 01:22 PM
She's got it all.......:)

Wonder if she'll be wearing another outfit @ Wimbledon than the one she's wearing @ Rosmalen...
I don't know, but this one seemed kind of ... ordinary, not that special....
Well yeah, doesn't matter...
GO KIM!

KaseyL
Jun 20th, 2002, 01:42 PM
I just see that Rosmalen is making some schedule adjustments: they are putting Kim now on court one, at the same time as Lleyton

arn
Jun 20th, 2002, 02:47 PM
Kim lost the first set 7-6 and is a break behind in the second :( :( :(

Sarah
Jun 20th, 2002, 03:07 PM
How do you know about the match, I can't find anything on tv, neither on the net. Rosmalen site shows no scores at all...:sad:

C'MON KIM, hang in there...

turt
Jun 20th, 2002, 03:17 PM
The live scores are on the green bar on their website!

www.ordina-open.nl

turt
Jun 20th, 2002, 03:18 PM
I stopped watching when it was 6-7 1-2 and 20 minutes later the match seemed to be over but I can't find the score... :confused:

arn
Jun 20th, 2002, 03:24 PM
7-6 6-2 :( :( :(

arn
Jun 20th, 2002, 03:25 PM
and not everybody has the green bar strangely enough!

KaseyL
Jun 20th, 2002, 03:56 PM
Arn, I think it is because you have to download a program in order to see the scores.

Too bad that Kim lost in this way... :sad: :sad: :sad:

arn
Jun 20th, 2002, 04:04 PM
I never downloaded a thing and i can see the scores!

Sarah
Jun 20th, 2002, 04:06 PM
After downloading that flash'thing', I had the greenbar too...
But Kim lost..............:sad: :sad: :sad:
Terrible... :eek:

Cilla
Jun 20th, 2002, 04:42 PM
:sad: :sad:

Sonja
Jun 20th, 2002, 07:15 PM
http://www.sports.com/pictures/TENNIS/MDF94577.jpg

From today's match :sad:

Cilla
Jun 20th, 2002, 07:27 PM
The icky outfit is back:(

Nina_rus
Jun 20th, 2002, 07:33 PM
it's its fault :mad: ;)

KaseyL
Jun 20th, 2002, 08:06 PM
I don't know how many on this board have seen the interview with Kim on Ned2, after her loss today, but I am wondering what those who have seen it made of it.

I had a lot of mixed feelings when I was watching the interview. To me, Kim looked not okay. Her face was sort of swollen, at least looked like it, looking at her eyes she gave me a tired impression, and she had some rashes in her face I think, and under her left eye there seemed to be a huge spot.

Overall, didn't see much motivation or cheerfulness, not like she usually talks or looks like.

Then to her explanation of what happened today, she mentioned especially her health problem; that when the doctors discovered what was wrong after the Australian Open this year, she was left with the choice between three options:
1) was that she should have surgery
2) was that she should take 6 months out
3) was the reduced training and playing scheme

She said she opted for the third choice and that this also meant that it would be a tough year for her.

So far the main part of that interview.

Now, whatever is hampering her, mentally and/or physically, I hope she overcomes it and does everything what is needed to take care of herself, like she deserves.

KaseyL
Jun 20th, 2002, 09:20 PM
And here is more from Kim today (source: Belgian TV channel VTM):

translated

'I knew on forehand that it would be a hard season. Its difficult to find the right balance. Especially now that I have to limit training and playing tournaments. I just do need match rhythm.
Last year I only needed a few games against Pisnik to adapt at her game; now I needed a whole match.
I rather would have broken my leg, then I would be done with it in a few weeks time. I am afraid that I'll have to learn to live with this injury.
It will be tough to defend my points, but I hope that I can stay in the top ten this year.'

arn
Jun 20th, 2002, 10:11 PM
top-10 is possible I think. But Martina/Lindsay/Justine/Jelena and Daniela will probably pass her all :( So that leaved her at 10.

She better had choses for the surgery!!

Sarah
Jun 20th, 2002, 10:46 PM
But that kind of surgery doesn't assure a good result....Rafter had the same problem and he did have surgery.
It didn't make the injury better and he never played the same again.
So, surgery good be good, but also bad...
I don't know what Kim should do, first of all get a private fysiotherapist I think...
Hope she finds here balance @ Wimbledon:confused:

billybizar
Jun 21st, 2002, 01:30 AM
I'm pretty disappointed with the lame result.
Better now than at Wimbledon of course but she better drop that priggish attitude ( "...I can scout for myself, I have enough experience and blah, blah ) because, clearly, that won't wash imho.
SHE NEEDS A DECENT, FULL TIME DEDICATED COACH right now or, mark my words, she will be out again in first or second round at Wimbledon.

BTW, KaseyL, I saw that interview on NED2 as well and I agree, she didn't look good at all. The 'Story' gossip-monger in me thinks she could have been quarreled with Lleyton because the number 1 himself looked not that well today. On the other hand she could just been suffering from simple hay fever... Who knows!

ClijstersHewitt
Jun 22nd, 2002, 04:13 PM
Well, Lleyton had to pull out of Rosmalen because of some stomach problems. If he's sick, it stands to reason that Kim is sick, too.