PDA

View Full Version : Mauresmo's Melbourne Miracle: The Sequel

Linnie
Dec 6th, 2006, 07:29 PM
:wavey: :angel: ;)

ALLEZ AND DO IT AGAIN! :D

Hugo24
Dec 8th, 2006, 03:10 PM
:bounce: she is going to defend her title and get to have Match Point to win the championship .ALLEZ AMELIE , GO MOMO:worship:

Natalicious
Dec 8th, 2006, 03:26 PM
Allez Amèlie!! :yeah:

Sonja
Dec 13th, 2006, 03:41 PM
Love the title!!

:help: :scared: Melbourne Mania - The Quest to Defend :help: :scared:

May the draw gods be kind!

SpankMe
Dec 30th, 2006, 11:14 PM
Are any Amelie fans going to the Oz Open this year? :wavey:

BARBIE
Dec 31st, 2006, 12:24 AM
Allez Amelie ! ! ! :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

Destroy everyone who comes in your path for the Australian Open Title ! ! !

SpankMe
Dec 31st, 2006, 12:53 AM
Allez Amelie ! ! ! :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

Destroy everyone who comes in your path for the Australian Open Title ! ! !
:haha: That's ths spirit :devil: :worship:

Sonja
Jan 2nd, 2007, 08:53 PM
works for me

TAKE NO PRISONERS!

Kick ass and take names http://www.websmileys.com/sm/angels/teu26.gif

sapir1434
Jan 3rd, 2007, 01:03 PM
Allez! Can't wait.

Ceze
Jan 8th, 2007, 02:19 AM
I must say I like the title :)
Allez!!! :bounce:

*Jean*
Jan 8th, 2007, 08:17 AM
Allez Améliiiiiiiie :bounce:

Harju.
Jan 8th, 2007, 03:33 PM
Part Deux :hearts:.
I'm going to use the avatar that I made when Momo won it last year.

Allez Momito :yippee:

shirley
Jan 9th, 2007, 06:49 PM
GO AMELIE! http://www.sheknows.com/graphics/emoticons/cheerleader3.gif

Bероника
Jan 11th, 2007, 04:33 PM
Allez Amélie!!!!!! Make it 2!!!!!!!!!!! ;) :bounce:

Bероника
Jan 11th, 2007, 04:34 PM
About doubles,I just saw this on Séverine Brémond's site ;)

Comme à Beijing en septembre dernier, Séverine Bremond 38éme mondiale et Amélie Mauresmo, 3éme mondiale ont décidé de s'aligner ensemble en double pour le premier tournoi du Grand Chelem qui débute ce lundi.

Allez les filles!!!!! :bounce:

galadriel
Jan 12th, 2007, 09:55 AM
Allez Amelie !!!!!!!!!

*Jean*
Jan 12th, 2007, 10:03 AM
Great pics of Amélie training on Yahoo! ;)

Linnie
Jan 12th, 2007, 01:05 PM
Great pics of Amélie training on Yahoo! ;)
Is that a hint? ;)

Can't post them, but here's the link:

http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/players/166/photos

:)

Hugo24
Jan 12th, 2007, 01:30 PM
Whoo Thanks ALLEZ AMElIE , GO MOMO

Linnie
Jan 12th, 2007, 03:31 PM
Little blurb from Reuters about the strenghths and weaknesses of the top seeds:

2-Amelie Mauresmo (France): Her big groundstrokes and hefty serve are her main weapons. For years her suspect nerves let her down but in winning Wimbledon last year she proved her immense on-court talent could be matched by her mental toughness.

"Mauresmo" and "mental toughness" in the same sentence :eek:

I hope that same Wimbledon mindset will carry over here ;)

Harju.
Jan 12th, 2007, 05:53 PM
I hope she eats lots of bagels before going to her match :angel: :tape:

ALLEZ Amelie. She has a good draw to the QF. Hopefully those matches would help her to get ready for the big guns :armed:.

hablo
Jan 12th, 2007, 09:21 PM
2-Amelie Mauresmo (France): Her big groundstrokes and hefty serve are her main weapons.

That part made me laugh, somehow. :lol::tape:

I hope she eats lots of bagels before going to her match :angel::tape::haha:

:bounce: Allez Momo, you can do it! :bounce:

(good luck in doubles with Brémond, too, Momo. :D)

sapir1434
Jan 12th, 2007, 10:58 PM
Not a bad draw, I'm pretty glad I have to say!
Allez Amelie :bounce: :rocker2:

Linnie
Jan 13th, 2007, 01:39 PM
First match on Laver - 7pm Sunday night (eastern), 12am GMT, 1am CET

Damn, why'd they have to schedule Rodprick the same time as Amelie?? :mad: That means that ESPN probably won't show her - well maybe a couple of points :rolleyes:

Oh, well.....ALLEZ anyway :D

Hugo24
Jan 13th, 2007, 08:26 PM
Thanks linnie for the info hope they will just show her

Linnie
Jan 14th, 2007, 02:58 AM
http://images.sportsline.com/u/ap/photos/MEL104011321_1024x768.jpg
AP Photo/Vincent Thian

I think this is Sveta :confused:
http://images.sportsline.com/u/ap/photos/MEL105011321_1024x768.jpg
AP Photo/Vincent Thian

http://images.sportsline.com/u/ap/photos/MEL106011321_1024x768.jpg
AP Photo/Vincent Thian

sapir1434
Jan 14th, 2007, 08:55 AM
Thanks for the pics :)

Odysseus
Jan 14th, 2007, 12:51 PM
........mmm, great shorts;) :cool: :hearts:

DEFEND YOUR TITLE AMELIE :bounce:

Hugo24
Jan 14th, 2007, 04:31 PM
Thanks Linnie for the pics .ALLEZ AMELIE win today GO MOMO

Bumsby
Jan 14th, 2007, 06:27 PM
I hope she eats lots of bagels before going to her match :angel: :tape:

:lol: yeah please Amélie make sure you're high on carbs before stepping on the court (for more than one reason) :p ;)

Maybe she's discovered the bagel as a secret pleasure, she can't do without it before steamrolling the competition to a Grand Slam title :tape: :lol: j/k

On a more practical note, does anyone know if Eurosport TV (beside the Internet feed on eurosport.com) will actually show the match live?

Bumsby
Jan 14th, 2007, 06:41 PM
L'Equipe says she'll step on the court with a white, sparkling dress :eek:

"Cette année, Amélie Mauresmo pourrait bien rivaliser sur le terrain de la mode avec Maria Sharapova ou Serena Williams. Dans les couloirs de la Rod Laver Arena, elle arborait dimanche une veste de survêtement près du corps d'un blanc brillant et à paillettes, qu'elle portera avant et après les matches. Mais pas pendant. « Ben non, je ne vais pas jouer en veste quand même ! », s'amusait-elle. « Vous aimez ?, interrogeait-elle ensuite sourire aux lèvres. Depuis que je l'ai mise après ma douche toute à l'heure, il y a à peu près cinquante personnes qui m'ont dit qu'elles l'aimaient bien, donc c'est bon signe !"

SpankMe
Jan 14th, 2007, 07:49 PM
AP Photo/Vincent Thian
I think this is Sveta :confused:
http://images.sportsline.com/u/ap/photos/MEL105011321_1024x768.jpg
AP Photo/Vincent Thian

Has Svetlana dyed her hair black!!! :eek: :( Ugh! It will not suit her :tape:

Hugo24
Jan 14th, 2007, 09:36 PM
L'Equipe says she'll step on the court with a white, sparkling dress :eek:

"Cette année, Amélie Mauresmo pourrait bien rivaliser sur le terrain de la mode avec Maria Sharapova ou Serena Williams. Dans les couloirs de la Rod Laver Arena, elle arborait dimanche une veste de survêtement près du corps d'un blanc brillant et à paillettes, qu'elle portera avant et après les matches. Mais pas pendant. « Ben non, je ne vais pas jouer en veste quand même ! », s'amusait-elle. « Vous aimez ?, interrogeait-elle ensuite sourire aux lèvres. Depuis que je l'ai mise après ma douche toute à l'heure, il y a à peu près cinquante personnes qui m'ont dit qu'elles l'aimaient bien, donc c'est bon signe !"

Well we will see in a few ;)

Bumsby
Jan 14th, 2007, 09:38 PM
Well we will see in a few ;)
Where? :confused: I still don't know if ES will behave :p

Bероника
Jan 14th, 2007, 09:54 PM
I can't stay up to watch it :o but i wish her good luck!!!!! Allez!!!

Linnie
Jan 14th, 2007, 11:14 PM
I hate to burst anyone's bubble, but I think it says she'll have a white, spangly jacket, which she'll wear before and after matches- kind of on the order of Fed's cream-colored Wimby blazer ;) I don't take her for a white, spangly dress type :lol: That said.....

ALLEZ! Kick ass and take names!! :armed:

Gerri
Jan 14th, 2007, 11:54 PM
I can't stay up to watch it :o but i wish her good luck!!!!! Allez!!!

I can't either, but good luck :yeah: I want good news when I get up :rocker2:

Gerri
Jan 14th, 2007, 11:57 PM
Oh and please no spangly dress!! Spangly Jacket fine, spangly shorts even better but no Sharapova dress PLEASE!

Lapin
Jan 14th, 2007, 11:59 PM
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: Bonne Chance Amélie!! Allez!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Thanks for the pics folks! :)

KishG
Jan 15th, 2007, 12:00 AM
I'm not really a Mauresmo fan but I'd REALLY love for her to win the Australian Open again. If not Serena, her, or if not her, then Mauresmo.

I guess I am warming to Mauresmo ALOT over the past year. She's so classy! :lol:

SpankMe
Jan 15th, 2007, 12:23 AM
Oh and please no spangly dress!! Spangly Jacket fine, spangly shorts even better but no Sharapova dress PLEASE!
:lol:

mauresmofan
Jan 15th, 2007, 01:09 AM
She can wear a bin bag for all I care as long as she's holding that trophy at the end of the tourney!

Bumsby
Jan 15th, 2007, 01:33 AM
Good warm up Amélie :yeah:

though I'm kind of sad for Shenah, I kind of like her :) (kind of)

And YAY, kind of well done, Amélie!!! :bounce:

;)

Linnie
Jan 15th, 2007, 01:57 AM
http://images.sportsline.com/u/ap/photos/MEL101011420_1024x768.jpg
AP Photo/Rick Stevens

Hugo24
Jan 15th, 2007, 04:45 AM
I really like her outfit with the white and blue she looks great in it.

Gerri
Jan 15th, 2007, 05:05 PM
:woohoo: Glad that one's over. First round always makes me panic. Don't really like the outfit, but at least the sparkly dress didn't materialise.

mauresmofan
Jan 15th, 2007, 05:46 PM
Well it's a nice outfit - much better than a bin bag. Get your game together for your next match - you'll be playing the "Jelena Jankovic" of tier 4's - that girl has a lot of wins under her belt at the mo!

améliemomo
Jan 15th, 2007, 06:33 PM
good job amé but have to rise your level:drink:

sapir1434
Jan 15th, 2007, 11:35 PM
Good luck next match Amelie, hope you'll play better ;)
And I liked the outfit actually :hearts:

seles4ever75
Jan 16th, 2007, 10:08 AM
Good luck next match Amelie, hope you'll play better ;)
And I liked the outfit actually :hearts:

Yes Amelie pleeeze start picking up your movement in these early rounds. But I think those os us who are FANS have to start getting used to the idea that she's ALWAYS either going to be on the verge of winning or losing against the top players. In a quarter or semi or final, it's never going to be Mauresmo in straight sets. She's just always going to be the kind of player who seems she's "working" her way into a tournament until she wins or loses. I l;ove this woman to death, but I see in her the same thing I saw in another player I loved to death when I was growing up - Sabatini. And it's the same question: with those shoulders and that obvious upper body strength, why isn't there just a bit more power? I didn't get it when I was 15 when Sabatini was trading groundstrokes with Seles and Graf, and I don't get it at 30 with Mauresmo developing the net (which is wonderful), but rarely having the ability to bat it out from the baseline. She should be able to do EVERYTHING Sharapova can do, and more! Thankfully, she's won one more than Sabatini managed to win (and Sabatini should have won that '91 Wimbledon final against Graf), but I'm just forced to wonder what's going through her mind. You can't have it all? A great serve and volley and power ground? Yes, my dear, you can!

shirley
Jan 16th, 2007, 12:33 PM
Good luck in your next match Amelie :bounce:

sapir1434
Jan 16th, 2007, 12:58 PM
damn she is playing the night session :sad: if she's play earlier than I could stay awake.. but then I have to go to work :sad:

anyway, allez! :bounce: :bounce:

améliemomo
Jan 16th, 2007, 04:59 PM
poutchkova only played tier4 but amé has to focus only on her game and improve some thinks for example her serve and her forehand.

Allez Amé!!!!!!!!!!!:bounce: :clap2:

amélie on the road of a win at the Australian Open:drive:

GO!!!!!!!!!!

Lapin
Jan 17th, 2007, 01:04 AM
Post match interview:

A. MAURESMO
/S. Perry
6-3, 6-4

"How would you summarize your first game?

AMÉLIE MAURESMO: Okay. No, it was some good moments and some moments especially at the end to finish off the match where my mind went out a little bit, and I thought I lost some intensity, some aggressivity, and in the end where I probably should have closed it out a little bit quicker, but that's the way it is. It's the first match, the first round here.
You know, a few things, especially the serve, to work on for the next match and probably some rhythm a little bit. But overall I thought it was a good first match.

Q. First match as a defending champion. Was there a feeling that you were back where something special happened?

AMÉLIE MAURESMO: Not really. You know, I think the tension, a little tension is normal, what you're supposed to have, I think, before a Grand Slam, and especially a first round where you don't really know where you are and you want to really try to find a rhythm.
No, no added pressure or whatever. It was good. I felt pretty happy to go on the court and to play first today and to be able to -- yeah, right from the first day, go on court and defend a title.

Q. What can you say about Perry's game? She's the second ranked American at this point.

AMÉLIE MAURESMO: She can do many different things. You know, she's capable, as we saw, coming in, serve and volley during the point. She has a good volley, and overall a good hand. She likes to slice the backhand, also, which we don't see very often in the women's games anymore.
No, I think she probably needs to gain a little bit in -- a little bit of power or taking the ball a little bit earlier sometimes to be able to make the difference.
Yeah, very talented I would have to say, good hand.

Q. You had a 50 percent strike rate on your challenges. That's not too bad. Firstly, are you happy with the system that's in place with the line calls?

AMÉLIE MAURESMO: I am happy. We got used to it a little bit now in the other tournaments, and I think it's good that it's in place here. Maybe next time put it on Vodafone, as well. But I think it's good. It's good for everybody, for the players, for the umpires. You know, sometimes they make mistakes or we make mistakes, and it's very easy to correct. And for the crowd, as well, I think it's pretty good because they get involved into the decisions, the match. No, I think it's good . I like it.

Q. You challenged very quickly. It's something that very quickly has become second nature to play?

AMÉLIE MAURESMO: Maybe not second nature because I think I need to use it maybe in different moments in a match. Maybe I didn't choose the right moment. So yeah, I need to get used to it a little bit more.
Yeah, it's something we've had for almost a year now because it started in Miami last year, so yeah, we kind of got used to it.

Q. On the issue of the calendar a little bit again this year and maybe moving this tournament back. What are your thoughts on that?

AMÉLIE MAURESMO: Well, it's either moving this tournament back a little bit or shortening the season a little bit. That's always -- I'm on the Tour for about ten years, and I've had that question for about ten years (laughter). So I'm a little bit tired to talk about that because really nothing has changed and nothing -- there is still some hope, I think, on the ATP and WTA side to do things to probably shorten the season. That's what's most likely to happen because I don't think the organizers here want to move the tournament because it's holiday here, it's summer.
But yeah, many things have been said about that. We've been complaining for about ten years, and it's still the same. And we still come here and we still play tennis, try to do our best."

I enjoyed the match against Shenay, it was only the second time I've seen her play but I really like her style of game/shot making. Amélie is perhaps still a bit rusty, (but she won in two sets rather than three in the first round last year! :p )

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:BONNE CHANCE AMELIE!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Linnie
Jan 17th, 2007, 01:34 AM
Come on Amelie - make it worth my while to interrupt my beauty sleep at 3:30am! :lol: (and I hope ESP(ME)N shows this live - their supposed "live" coverage this morning at 3:30 was the taped Nadal match :rolleyes: :mad:)

ALLEZ!

Linnie
Jan 17th, 2007, 01:36 AM
I enjoyed the match against Shenay, it was only the second time I've seen her play but I really like her style of game/shot making. Amélie is perhaps still a bit rusty, (but she won in two sets rather than three in the first round last year! :p )
Hey, I think I was at that match, too! ;)

Hugo24
Jan 17th, 2007, 02:29 AM
yeah I hope they show her entire match live

pineapple
Jan 17th, 2007, 03:27 AM
:yippee:ALLEZ!:yippee:

Linnie
Jan 17th, 2007, 10:18 AM
Loved the blue :hearts::hearts::hearts:

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/fe/full.getty-72061257wj304_australian_op_4_40_13_am.jpg

Ceze
Jan 17th, 2007, 10:31 AM
she defeated Poutchkova 62 62 in 72 minutes :D (but with only 8 winners to 19 UEs :tape: )

Hugo24
Jan 17th, 2007, 11:23 AM
Congrats Amelie I love the blue outfit also Linnie ALLEZ AMELIE , GO MOMO keep it up and win

améliemomo
Jan 17th, 2007, 01:39 PM
YES SHE ROCKS WITH HER BLUE OUTFIT:hearts: :)

Allez Amé,on continue comme ça!:bounce: ;)

Gerri
Jan 17th, 2007, 04:16 PM
A bit scrappy at times but she won :rocker2: I like the outfit now, it looks better on tv than in the photos!

shirley
Jan 17th, 2007, 04:51 PM
Keep up the good work, Amelie! http://smilies.vidahost.com/kao/otn/ptennis.gif

Good Luck in the next match against Eva Birnerova. :bounce:

Harju.
Jan 17th, 2007, 05:19 PM
Amelie is rocking with the new outfits :hearts:
But she needs to pick up her form asap though.

hablo
Jan 17th, 2007, 05:44 PM
Amelie is rocking with the new outfits :hearts:
But she needs to pick up her form asap though.

Ditto.

SpankMe
Jan 17th, 2007, 06:25 PM
She's winning far too easily :scared:

Hugo24
Jan 17th, 2007, 07:05 PM
I think she will turn up her game she is just getting through right now maybe waiting for the hard players.

Linnie
Jan 17th, 2007, 08:16 PM
A win is a win. After she got broken in the second set she raised her level and changed her tactics and won the match. She doesn't have to play at her "best" level in the early rounds - better save that as she goes deeper in the tournament.

She knows what she has to do and how to do it ;) :)

swiss
Jan 17th, 2007, 08:56 PM
[QUOTE=

She knows what she has to do and how to do it ;) :)[/QUOTE]

amen:lol:

Linnie
Jan 18th, 2007, 12:26 PM
Doubles win - 6-2 6-4 :D

Amelie's second match up on Vodafone.............

ALLEZ!

sapir1434
Jan 18th, 2007, 12:49 PM
Allez Amelie :bounce:

Natalicious
Jan 18th, 2007, 12:51 PM
ALLEZ!!!! :worship:

Hugo24
Jan 18th, 2007, 03:25 PM
Allez Amelie , Go Momo

mauresmofan
Jan 19th, 2007, 01:45 AM
Keep building on your game and your level each match Amélie - work your way into form. Good luck!

Hugo24
Jan 19th, 2007, 07:20 AM
WHOOO she won 6-3 ,6-1 in 62 min keep it up ALLEZ AMELIE , GO MOMO

améliemomo
Jan 19th, 2007, 11:02 AM
not the best amélie but lets hope she will find her game.AMEN.:angel:

Linnie
Jan 19th, 2007, 01:06 PM
From L'Equipe (with help from Google ;)):

Amélie Mauresmo: “It is necessary to learn the lessons from the first part of the match, so that that does not reproduce in the future. It was rather strange and unexpected to start like that. Like what, there is always necessary to remain serious and concentrated. Perhaps should it be taken as a call to order. The positive thing today (Friday) it is really the service. It enabled me to remain in the match at the time when the remainder did not go.”

SpankMe
Jan 19th, 2007, 01:43 PM
From L'Equipe (with help from Google ;)):

Amélie Mauresmo: “It is necessary to learn the lessons from the first part of the match, so that that does not reproduce in the future.
...:rolleyes: does that explain why you switch off mentally in the 2nd set...:p :tape: :lol:

shirley
Jan 19th, 2007, 04:44 PM
Not the best Amelie's played but she's yet to drop a set and she's still in the tournament and that's the most important thing :D Keep it going Amelie :yeah:

Hugo24
Jan 20th, 2007, 03:52 PM
Cmon Ame win today and move on and win in doubles today also ALLEZ AMELIE , GO MOMO

Ceze
Jan 20th, 2007, 05:07 PM
Good luck tonight Amelie :D

Bероника
Jan 20th, 2007, 07:38 PM
Allez Amélie!!!!!

Good luck for doubles also!!!! :bounce: :bounce:

Linnie
Jan 20th, 2007, 08:12 PM
ALLEZ!

SpankMe
Jan 20th, 2007, 08:56 PM
...may your brain be with you...:p

:rolleyes: well we know what she is like :rolleyes:

Bumsby
Jan 20th, 2007, 10:58 PM
...:rolleyes: does that explain why you switch off mentally in the 2nd set...:p :tape: :lol:
exactly, it looks like she's playing the 2nd set, but in reality she's "studying" her first set, going through every game :lol: :tape: ;) j/k

Good luck for tonight :bounce:

sapir1434
Jan 20th, 2007, 11:38 PM
Good luck Amelie :bounce:

Hugo24
Jan 20th, 2007, 11:55 PM
Great Luck tonight ALLEZ AMELIE , GO MOMO

Lapin
Jan 21st, 2007, 12:03 AM
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: Bonne Chance Amélie!! ALLEZ!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Bumsby
Jan 21st, 2007, 12:18 AM
Is anyone having problems with the live feed? :mad:
:help: at Eurosport

Lapin
Jan 21st, 2007, 02:59 AM
Amélie! :sad: I guess it was a worst case scenario combination for her: an 'early' match, a (very) hard hitter and a left hander as well...... Well done for fighting back in the second set but Lucie just played so well, it just wasn't to be.
Oh well, at least Amélie won it last year! :angel:

Forget the rankings Amélie, you were No. 1 for most of last year and your name will always be on that Aus Open trophy. Just head back to europe and keep looking forward for the rest of 2007 :hug:

Linnie
Jan 21st, 2007, 03:11 AM
Well, good luck in doubles, at least ;)

Wasn't meant to be :sad: Must be devastating for her, but I'm sure she'll pick it up in Paris :angel: I'm rooting for Kim now to win the whole thing! :D

améliemomo
Jan 21st, 2007, 07:45 AM
:sad: :sad: :sad:

Hugo24
Jan 21st, 2007, 08:29 AM
She will come back but she did look gutted at the end And I am rooting for Kim to if Ame is not going to win than im okay with kim winning it .

Coasterboy
Jan 21st, 2007, 08:32 AM
It´s sad for Amelie. .:sad: :sad:

vertigo
Jan 21st, 2007, 09:31 AM
:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Gerri
Jan 21st, 2007, 12:30 PM
Arse arse arse :mad: Lost dubs too :bigcry:

Kim's the only one I've got left to to cheer for. Come on Kim!!!!! :rocker2:

Lapin
Jan 21st, 2007, 01:46 PM
I'm rooting for Kim now too!

:sad: , I was feeling fairly philosophical last night but this morning when I woke up Amélie's loss was the first thing that came into my mind. She must be so gutted. Maybe she was taken a little by surprise by Lucie; I certainly was. I saw Lucie play in the Fed Cup tie vs. France and she was beaten in both matches, fairly comprehensively by Tatiana if I remember correctly. Although Amélie wasn't there, she may have talked to Tatiana & Nathalie about those matches. I hope Amélie isn't too down, but I guess realistically she will be for a few days. Good thing her next tournament is the Open Gaz de France, she always seems to feel happy there.