PDA

View Full Version : Which do you prefer?

Привет
Dec 5th, 2006, 05:57 AM
Just a thread because I'm bored and wondered who thought that the lineup has improved. Did you prefer the initial teams? (before India won Asian Hopman Cup, when Korea were still included, and when the USA team consisted of Venus & Taylor)
Or do you like the lineup as it is better? (India as the winners of Asian Hopman Cup, Germany replacing Korea, and Venus and Mardy representing USA instead of Taylor)

I would rather watch Mardy then Taylor, and I am happy India won the Hopman Cup, but I have to say I'd rather have watched Korea then Germany.

:wavey: :D

Ben.
Dec 5th, 2006, 06:04 AM
I prefer the current line-up. Be interesting to see India play in it.

Mr.Kardashian
Dec 5th, 2006, 10:12 AM
id rather watch germany play then korea but id rather see dent play for the usa... but im happy because some of my favs are going to be there... ie alicia mark and venus...

cfc_4_ever
Dec 5th, 2006, 10:36 AM
Dumb question, Korea or Germany???? Find me a non-korean, that wud prefer Korea

I just know someone is gone say they prefer Korea none :(

Привет
Dec 5th, 2006, 11:57 PM
Dumb question, Korea or Germany???? Find me a non-korean, that wud prefer Korea

I just know someone is gone say they prefer Korea none :(

I'm not Korean, and if you read my first post you would have seen me say that I would have rathered watch Korea than Germany. I really can't stand Kiefer or Muller, so why should I rather watch Germany? :confused: I can't quite understand fully what you were trying to say with your post but if I do understand correctly your argument was that nobody would prefer Korea over Germany.. That was not the poll question, as other people have understood the poll question was about all of the teams. So the changes also include Fish replacing Dent and India being included as winners of the Asian Hopman Cup. If you think it's a dumb question, why answer it? :wavey: :D

cfc_4_ever
Dec 6th, 2006, 01:47 AM
I was having ago as in your dumb. I dont count the Indian inclusion to a change to the teams. As we knew that it was an asian team and we knew from what asian teams it was going to come from. Thats not a change in teams. Good on ya for wanting to see Korea as i had said before i wouldnt mind seeing how they went. But there rankings suggest that, they will be uncompedtive, with many other teams in Group A. Germany how ever are not onli compeditive rather, have a chance of winning. That was the point i was making. I wasnt having ago at you, or the poll. I was saying dumb question as for ME it is obvious.

Привет
Dec 6th, 2006, 04:19 AM
Well it's not all about you is it? :lol: No seriously though, I can understand what your saying about India, so maybe I could word it to say "Are you happy with India winning the Asian Hopman Cup?"
I knew you were insinuating that I was dumb, but to me it wasn't a dumb question, so good for you if you think it is! :p
I think Cho & Lee could have been just as competitive as Muller & Kiefer. The Germans are probly a better team because of Kiefer, because I haven't seen Martina Muller doing anything lately.
For YOU it may be obvious, and that's great :yeah: have your opinion, but don't call it a dumb question just because it's a question you feel has an obvious answer. :wavey:

And by the way, I think I may have misunderstood you from the start, because on your post that I quoted, the last sentence made absolutely no sense to me.

Less than a month until the action starts in Perth, I hope you will enjoy it. :)

aussie_fan
Dec 6th, 2006, 09:37 AM
this current line-up is better. It'll be interesting to see how india go.

Drake1980
Dec 6th, 2006, 10:30 AM
current

CooCooCachoo
Dec 6th, 2006, 12:01 PM
I prefer Taylor over Mardy :)

Experimentee
Dec 6th, 2006, 12:55 PM
I liked the initial teams as I much prefer to watch Korea over Germany.

SeNoRiTa
Dec 6th, 2006, 01:10 PM
the current teams

Fantastic
Dec 6th, 2006, 02:00 PM
I don't know what this means, but only ONE player from this year's tournament will be returning for next year's tournament (Nicolas Kiefer) and he was only included as a replacement. Surely, the landscape of tennis hasn't changed so much that so many new faces were required to represent that change. Either the players aren't clambering to play this tournament as much as they used to or the tournament organizers are attempting to showcase new faces every year for the sake of showcasing new faces. It's good to have some regular faces and some new, but when the line-up is almost completely devoid of players from the previous year, you have to wonder what exactly is going on.

I do acknowledge that Alicia Molik, Mark Philippoussis, Tommy Robredo and Nicolas Kiefer have played this tournament before. It will be Mark and Alicia's fifth appearances. It will be Tommy's third appearance, and Nicolas' second (consecutive) appearance. Previous Hopman Cups have attracted familiar faces back time and time again. It hasn't really happened much for the last couple of years. I'm really just pondering why this is so more than making a point about anything.

Привет
Dec 6th, 2006, 11:38 PM
I don't know what this means, but only ONE player from this year's tournament will be returning for next year's tournament (Nicolas Kiefer) and he was only included as a replacement. Surely, the landscape of tennis hasn't changed so much that so many new faces were required to represent that change. Either the players aren't clambering to play this tournament as much as they used to or the tournament organizers are attempting to showcase new faces every year for the sake of showcasing new faces. It's good to have some regular faces and some new, but when the line-up is almost completely devoid of players from the previous year, you have to wonder what exactly is going on.

I do acknowledge that Alicia Molik, Mark Philippoussis, Tommy Robredo and Nicolas Kiefer have played this tournament before. It will be Mark and Alicia's fifth appearances. It will be Tommy's third appearance, and Nicolas' second (consecutive) appearance. Previous Hopman Cups have attracted familiar faces back time and time again. It hasn't really happened much for the last couple of years. I'm really just pondering why this is so more than making a point about anything.

You always make interesting and relevant points Fantastic. And I am interested in what you are saying as well. I remember reading on the Hopman website in an article about how this field represents the change of tennis, and a quote saying "if the ball sits up, these players will put it away". This is a very new field, but tennis hasn't changed that much in the past year or two, so I agree, the organizers don't really need to get new faces in to represent some kind of shift. I used to remember hearing players saying they would love to come back the next year and play at the Hopman Cup, and they always seem to enjoy playing here, so either players all of a sudden don't want to play here or the organizers just aren't inviting them back. Maybe the Hopman Cup is trying to get a younger & more modern look, at least two of these teams are young players who people would consider to have good things to come (Safarova, Berdych, Ancic's, Sania). I'm just throwing this out there, it's just something that came to my head just then. :wavey:

cfc_4_ever
Dec 10th, 2006, 01:21 PM
I would like to see some players having a few years at the tournment. James Blake did it, and i want him bak. We had the Netherlands team that was the same for a couple of years. Safin did it again and again. I think having players that continue to return, creates a sense of knowing the player. People that go to the tournment will follow them. With the young players like Anna-Lena and Krijeck, we got to see how they got better. Look at the chance we had with Alicia, went from being outside of the top 100 to number 8 in the world. Each year she climbed, she attended the HHC. I thought it got people excited. It got me excited, just to see how the player has changed

-Makiri-
Dec 10th, 2006, 04:00 PM
current teams

kfh_9118
Dec 11th, 2006, 11:56 AM
current team

so happy they replaced Korea with Germany :)
and Dent with Taylor :)

would make it even better if Taipei was the Asian representative, but I don't mind India as well ;)