PDA

View Full Version : Wildcards

jas_aussie
Dec 1st, 2006, 12:58 AM
Who will get one??

Well i think Pratt might get one. Sophie will ask for one and probably get it. But i would like to see Isabella get one where it's qualifying or main draw it would be good for her. Also Jessica Moore should get one. Who else do you think should get one??

Ben.
Dec 1st, 2006, 03:50 AM
Who will get one??

Well i think Pratt might get one. Sophie will ask for one and probably get it. But i would like to see Isabella get one where it's qualifying or main draw it would be good for her. Also Jessica Moore should get one. Who else do you think should get one??

I can't think of any other aussie girl besides pratt or sophie that will get one. i just don't follow the results of the rest of our fellow aussie girls that play on the ITF circuit & junior events etc. but sophie i say would probably get one.

aussie_fan
Dec 1st, 2006, 03:57 AM
There's the wc playoff, i would say pratt or casey or sophie would win that and i think there are two other wilcards to be given as well. Well then it should work out perfectly for pratt, sophie and casey to all get one.

Isabellea would be too young and jess moore might get a Q WC, i wouldn't haven't a clue.

Ben.
Dec 1st, 2006, 04:26 AM
There's the wc playoff, i would say pratt or casey or sophie would win that and i think there are two other wilcards to be given as well. Well then it should work out perfectly for pratt, sophie and casey to all get one.

Isabellea would be too young and jess moore might get a Q WC, i wouldn't haven't a clue.

i just really hope whichever aussie gets the MD WC makes an impact in this tourney. it's just gettin a bit tiring now seeing aussies struggle (have one win then lose) but i guess if we want these aussie players 2 succeed, they need time.

aussie_fan
Dec 1st, 2006, 05:26 AM
i just really hope whichever aussie gets the MD WC makes an impact in this tourney. it's just gettin a bit tiring now seeing aussies struggle (have one win then lose) but i guess if we want these aussie players 2 succeed, they need time.

simply they aren't good enough. Pratt might be a chance of winning a couple of matching depending on her draw but she's getting on. But it's really a level above casey and sophie has had some shocking results on the ITF circuit this year. I'm hoping we can get a couple of upsets going the aussies way though.

Ben.
Dec 1st, 2006, 07:54 AM
simply they aren't good enough. Pratt might be a chance of winning a couple of matching depending on her draw but she's getting on. But it's really a level above casey and sophie has had some shocking results on the ITF circuit this year. I'm hoping we can get a couple of upsets going the aussies way though.

yeah, let's hope 2007 for the aussies will be even better. if someone like casey or sophie r given a WC in2 the main draw they need 2 make an impact rather than just fill in the draws & think "oh i lost this match i'll get more opportunities in the future". If they think like this all the time then they'll get no where.

jas_aussie
Dec 2nd, 2006, 07:15 AM
yeah, let's hope 2007 for the aussies will be even better. if someone like casey or sophie r given a WC in2 the main draw they need 2 make an impact rather than just fill in the draws & think "oh i lost this match i'll get more opportunities in the future". If they think like this all the time then they'll get no where.

Sophie should really have been in the top 100 by now. She has one of the best coachs in the world but why isn't she making it to the next level's?? maybe Australia she make them work a lot harder for wildcards

aussie_fan
Dec 2nd, 2006, 07:19 AM
Sophie should really have been in the top 100 by now. She has one of the best coachs in the world but why isn't she making it to the next level's?? maybe Australia she make them work a lot harder for wildcards

The results just haven't come though. Some of the results these last few weeks in the aussie ITF events have been porr. sadly, i think we might be overestimating soph's ability. I really hope this isn't the case.

Ben.
Dec 2nd, 2006, 08:31 AM
The results just haven't come though. Some of the results these last few weeks in the aussie ITF events have been porr. sadly, i think we might be overestimating soph's ability. I really hope this isn't the case.

yeah, maybe it's just a drought period for aussie tennis at the moment just like british tennis is. funnily enough how australia & britain use to dominate tennis back in the early days alongside the USA & look at us now - we are no where near those standards.

i've just bout given up on any other aussies making a breakthrough on the tour. we're still stuck on ground zero.

Ben.
Dec 2nd, 2006, 08:36 AM
there r some players who r coached by the best coaches in the world & work their absolute butt off yet they don't make it to the next level & don't even make it to the top 100. it's just the way tennis works i suppose.

aussie_fan
Dec 2nd, 2006, 09:52 AM
yeah, maybe it's just a drought period for aussie tennis at the moment just like british tennis is. funnily enough how australia & britain use to dominate tennis back in the early days alongside the USA & look at us now - we are no where near those standards.

i've just bout given up on any other aussies making a breakthrough on the tour. we're still stuck on ground zero.

supposedly we might have some good young juniors coming through but that won't be a few years until they come through. We'll be in dead patch for quite a while longer i think.

Used to be one of the stronger ones.

Ben.
Dec 2nd, 2006, 11:53 AM
supposedly we might have some good young juniors coming through but that won't be a few years until they come through. We'll be in dead patch for quite a while longer i think.

Used to be one of the stronger ones.

yeah, i agree with u that we'll still be in a dead patch for quite a while longer i'm afraid. it will basically still be the Russians, the Chinese & other European & Asian countries dominating for a while along with some from the US even.

I remember one particular Australian junior who reached the singles final of the Boy's Aussie Open event this year by the name of Nick Lindhal. He sounded like he had some talent when he reached the final but ever since then i haven't heard a lot bout him since. but he's still young at 16 or 17 i think so only time will tell.

Brett.
Dec 6th, 2006, 07:09 AM

Tony Roach is her part time coach so that why she couldn't get to the next level! Tony Roach is actually coaching Roger Federer in every tournament which i believe!

Brett.
Dec 6th, 2006, 07:11 AM
Soph is a defending champion of 2005 Gold Coast Play-offs! ;) She played 9 sets in two days which quite surprising for us which she battled past Dellacqua, McDowell and Nicole Pratt!

aussie_fan
Dec 6th, 2006, 08:34 AM
I remember one particular Australian junior who reached the singles final of the Boy's Aussie Open event this year by the name of Nick Lindhal. He sounded like he had some talent when he reached the final but ever since then i haven't heard a lot bout him since. but he's still young at 16 or 17 i think so only time will tell.

he's 18 i think now, he's actually jumped to about 300 in the rankings, won a couple of future events and had some solid results (close losses to people ranked 100-150 ahead of him) in some challengers late this year. I'm hoping he can go well in the australian summer. Would really love if he can win the AO WC in a week or two.

Ben.
Dec 6th, 2006, 09:30 AM
he's 18 i think now, he's actually jumped to about 300 in the rankings, won a couple of future events and had some solid results (close losses to people ranked 100-150 ahead of him) in some challengers late this year. I'm hoping he can go well in the australian summer. Would really love if he can win the AO WC in a week or two.

yeah it would be fantastic if he could win the AO WC & put in strong performances in the australian summer. hope he can keep up this ever-improving form.

ozfan44
Dec 18th, 2006, 01:28 AM
Last year shayna mcdowell got automatic qualies wildcard for winning the National 18s........hopefully Jess Moore will get the same for this year!

Drake1980
Dec 18th, 2006, 07:42 PM
Hopefully Pratt

alwayshingis
Dec 18th, 2006, 09:15 PM
Last year shayna mcdowell got automatic qualies wildcard for winning the National 18s........hopefully Jess Moore will get the same for this year!

Considering Moore even got a Qualy WC last year and has performed well in the AO WC playoff this year, she should certainly get one.

wetboxersguy
Dec 19th, 2006, 05:36 PM
maybe a WC for the Williamses?

Alicia Rocks
Dec 20th, 2006, 07:38 AM
maybe a WC for the Williamses?

Doubt it ;)

Ben.
Dec 20th, 2006, 08:22 AM
Doubt it ;)

agree, williams sisters r ranked high enough anyway to get entry into the main draw. they're well within the top 100.