PDA

View Full Version : What's your Favorite Podcast!

Rocketta
Nov 29th, 2006, 07:35 PM
In this thread we talk about the interesting Podcasts we have happened upon. :D

The first one that I listen to and really love is Real Time with Bill Mahr. They podcast all the episodes. Unfortunately the show is on hiatus until February so no more episodes for me. :(

There are a couple of interesting ones for the show Heroes and Lost. The 10th wonder for Heroes is decent although they mumble sometimes. Get Lost with Jay & Bob is good.

My favorite one is probably Escapepod. They short sci-fi stories and some are really good.

I like NPR's most emailed stories...they have very interesting musical profiles on that show.

I hate hate hate hate the 9th Wonder for Heroes...the girl on that podcast makes me want to hurl...can't stand the sound of her voice nor her boring personality. :(

Which do you like or hate?

Wigglytuff
Nov 29th, 2006, 08:02 PM
twit
twim
twil
daily giz wiz
wine for newbies
mr. manners quick and dirty tips for a more polite life
macbreak weekly
dl.tv
ask a ninja
CRANKY GEEKS!!!!

Rocketta
Nov 29th, 2006, 08:18 PM
macbreakweekly, got on my nerves I couldn't listen to the whole thing. They waste too much time talking about nuthing. :(

Wigglytuff
Nov 29th, 2006, 08:24 PM
macbreakweekly, got on my nerves I couldn't listen to the whole thing. They waste too much time talking about nuthing. :(

:lol: :lol: :lol: thats why i like them

but twit gets more to the point. its from the same people.

Rocketta
Nov 29th, 2006, 08:40 PM
well I'm slowly trying as many as I can. HBO is great with theirs....they have one for almost all of their shows and documentaries. Showtime as usual sucks...they didn't even have one for their new show Dexter. :(

Wigglytuff
Nov 29th, 2006, 10:42 PM
also rocky, there are some cool podcasts on things like knitting and crochet and some other stuff.

Rocketta
Nov 29th, 2006, 10:50 PM
also rocky, there are some cool podcasts on things like knitting and crochet and some other stuff.

I don't know...I tried listening to one on photography and talk about :zzz: :unsure:

Wigglytuff
Nov 29th, 2006, 11:18 PM
I don't know...I tried listening to one on photography and talk about :zzz: :unsure:

:lol: :lol: :lol: that is true. the video onces are not as bad.

Rocketta
Nov 29th, 2006, 11:25 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: that is true. the video onces are not as bad.

I almost wrecked my car from failing asleep. :help:

I might try a video one though.

I'm on the lookout for some good music podcast. I found a good one that did like house music but then I realized I don't really like that kind of music. :o

Wigglytuff
Nov 30th, 2006, 12:32 AM
I almost wrecked my car from failing asleep. :help:

I might try a video one though.

I'm on the lookout for some good music podcast. I found a good one that did like house music but then I realized I don't really like that kind of music. :o

:lol: :lol: :lol: yeah i would definitely listen to and watch an episode before downloading a season.

Rocketta
Nov 30th, 2006, 12:41 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol: yeah i would definitely listen to and watch an episode before downloading a season.

yeah I only download the most recent episode of things I'm trying.

Wigglytuff
Nov 30th, 2006, 12:44 AM
have you tried foamy the squirrel? if not i would start with the small, medium, large episode. with was from a long time ago, the older ones are funnier than the newer ones.

Rocketta
Nov 30th, 2006, 12:46 AM
what is foamy the squirrel? :confused:

Apoleb
Nov 30th, 2006, 01:16 AM
I'm new to podcasts, but I really like this one:

http://www.abc.net.au/rn/allinthemind/default.htm

The interview with the brain surgeon was really fascinating.

Rocketta
Nov 30th, 2006, 01:28 AM
I'm new to podcasts, but I really like this one:

http://www.abc.net.au/rn/allinthemind/default.htm

The interview with the brain surgeon was really fascinating.

:cool: That does look very interesting. :D