PDA

View Full Version : Sony to Give Couple a New Camcorder

drake3781
Nov 29th, 2006, 04:15 AM
Sony to Give Couple a New Camcorder

Sony Decides to Give Couple Who Found Pasta Sauce Inside Box a New Camcorder

ST. LOUIS Nov 28, 2006 (AP)— A couple who found a jar of pasta sauce inside a box where a camcorder should have been said Tuesday that Sony Entertainment Inc. is giving them a new camcorder.

Melisa Rittenberg, 36, of Perryville, said she was contacted by Sony on Monday, after talking to The Associated Press about the incident, which happened after the Rittenbergs bought the camcorder at a suburban St. Louis Best Buy.

Rittenberg said she was told a replacement camera was in the mail. Phone messages left with Sony were not returned.

"I'm satisfied because we're finally going to get the camera we paid for," Rittenberg said, though she remained angry that Best Buy Co. didn't resolve the matter.

The Ellisville Best Buy store manager, Wade Trapp, said the company had been in touch with the Rittenbergs, and would follow up on the matter.

The Rittenbergs paid about $1,600 for a camcorder at the Ellisville Best Buy, in suburban St. Louis, last week. They said when they opened the box, they found a jar of Classico pasta sauce, a telephone cord and an electric outlet cover. The items were all positioned in the box where the camera equipment should have been, Melisa Rittenberg said.

The couple said they went back to Best Buy, but the store declined to give them a replacement camera or a refund.

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/wireStory?id=2685530

(bold is mine :p )

go hingis
Nov 29th, 2006, 06:02 AM
nice to hear Sony's sending them one, maybe they shouldn't sell their goods to best buy.

Apoleb
Nov 29th, 2006, 06:04 AM
:haha: Pasta sauce??

Sally Struthers
Nov 29th, 2006, 06:12 AM
I suppose it could happen but it sounds as bogus as the finger in the Wendy's chili to me.

Wigglytuff
Nov 29th, 2006, 07:00 AM
yeah this does real to me. pasta sauce??? yeah ok

controlfreak
Nov 29th, 2006, 10:25 AM
did they get to keep the pasta sauce?

drake3781
Nov 29th, 2006, 09:28 PM
did they get to keep the pasta sauce?

Classico is my favorite kind of pasta sauce... I hope they got to keep it!!

I wonder what type it was... I love the Tomato Basil and the Four Cheese.

Rocketta
Nov 30th, 2006, 12:11 AM
:lol: Ok, but why didn't Best Buy have to replace it? :confused:

Rocketta
Nov 30th, 2006, 12:11 AM
why go through that for one measely extra camcorder? :confused:

Apoleb
Nov 30th, 2006, 12:13 AM

I don't think Best Buy does the packaging, so they aren't responsible.

Sally Struthers
Nov 30th, 2006, 12:19 AM

it seems to me that they thought the claim was bogus as well.