drake3781
Nov 29th, 2006, 03:56 AM
Hired killer warns, 'Your husband wants you dead'

POSTED: 3:27 p.m. EST, November 28, 2006

STORY HIGHLIGHTS
• A man warned Roxane Sterling that her husband had hired him to kill her
• Roxane Sterling was eight months pregnant
• Her husband is now in jail, facing two counts of soliciting murder

ALLEN, Texas (AP) -- A pregnant woman in this Dallas suburb came home to find a strange man in her bedroom with a frightening story: He warned her that he had been hired by her husband to kill her.

"Your husband wants you murdered," the man told Roxane Sterling, according to police reports. He then told the woman, who is eight months pregnant, to call police.

The man had entered the empty house while the woman's husband and their 3-year-old son were visiting relatives in New Mexico.

The husband, Albert Jackson Sterling II, faces two counts of criminal solicitation of capital murder -- one for his wife and another for the unborn child. He was being held in lieu of $1 million bail in the Otero County jail in Alamogordo, New Mexico.

An extradition hearing is set for Friday.

The man who entered the couple's home was not charged with any crime, police said.

"He did not go there with the intent to murder her," said Capt. Robert Flores.

"He went with the intent to warn her."

Investigators said Albert Sterling, 38, offered the man a large amount of money to kill his wife while he was away and helped him get into the home.

Albert Sterling flew to visit family in Alamogordo on November 21. That afternoon, the man stood in the couple's bedroom and warned his wife, Flores said.

Police said they had not been called to the family's home before and there was no indication that Albert Sterling had any prior convictions in Texas.

Roxane Sterling, 37, left for Louisiana to be with her family.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/11/28/kind.hitman.ap/index.html

quasar
Nov 29th, 2006, 04:22 AM
Hired killer warns, 'Your husband wants you dead'

The man who entered the couple's home was not charged with any crime, police said.

Most likely scenario is the dude forgot his gun. Since he had already invaded private property, wisely decided to spill out the beans to get out of trouble.

Cheers,

Carlos

Crazy Canuck
Nov 29th, 2006, 04:37 AM
I don't really consider it a likely senario that a hired killer with the intent to kill would forget his gun, then stick around.

kiwifan
Nov 29th, 2006, 04:38 AM
There's no honor among hired killers these days. :(

Kunal
Nov 29th, 2006, 06:13 AM
conscious

Sally Struthers
Nov 29th, 2006, 06:17 AM
it just goes to show that if you want something done right you have to do it yourself. The would be murderer wasn't charged with anything? Is it not a crime to be hired to kill someone let alone breaking into their house to tell them? :lol: :shrug:

skanky~skanketta
Nov 29th, 2006, 06:31 AM
well, goon on him. probably felt bad seeing the pregnant woman.

i hope the husband rots in hell.

quasar
Nov 29th, 2006, 05:11 PM
well, goon on him. probably felt bad seeing the pregnant woman.
i hope the husband rots in hell.
Perhaps the kid was someone else's, he just found out about his beloved wife's infidelity and, overcame with profound grief, totally lost it.

Not justifying it (there's no justification), just pointing out a plausible scenario.

Canuck:

I don't really consider it a likely senario that a hired killer with the intent to kill would forget his gun, then stick around.
I was kidding about that...:)

Sally:

it just goes to show that if you want something done right you have to do it yourself. The would be murderer wasn't charged with anything? Is it not a crime to be hired to kill someone let alone breaking into their house to tell them?
My thoughts exactly when I 1st read the OP.

Cheers,

Carlos

LoveFifteen
Nov 29th, 2006, 06:01 PM
There's no honor among hired killers these days. :(

DEATH :haha:

controlfreak
Nov 29th, 2006, 07:10 PM

You are right. He probably just forgot to bring bullets.