PDA

View Full Version : Wild cards ???

TheBoiledEgg
Nov 27th, 2006, 03:44 PM
entries for Aus Open are due out next week.
WC's should be known soon too

when we find out........ list the names ok :wavey:
Maindraw
1)Casey Dellacqua
2)Alicia Molik (Aus playoff)
3)Sophie Ferguson
4)Monique Adamczak
5)Jessica Moore
6)Madison Brengle (US playoff)
7) Iroda Tulyaganova (Asian Champs)
8)Youlia Fedossova (French WC)

qualifying
1)Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova (Aus Jr winner 2006) :angel: :kiss:
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)

Harju.
Nov 27th, 2006, 04:05 PM
7 = Iroda Tulyaganova. She won the Asian Championships.

Asian Games is a different event.

Melusine
Nov 27th, 2006, 07:49 PM
Casey Dellacqua gets main draw WC (KIA Tour winner)

Iceland
Nov 27th, 2006, 08:01 PM
Alicia Molik is very likely to get one too unless she uses a SR :confused:

I really wonder who will be the lucky French player. Please, not Johansson ! Hopefully, Alizé Cornet or Youlia Fedossova will secure the Wild Card and make a great use of it.

Sunny_Boy
Nov 28th, 2006, 02:12 AM
Iroda :banana:

ozfan44
Nov 28th, 2006, 10:21 AM
one main draw wildcard will be reserved for a US Player in exchange for us getting one into US Main Draw later in the year!

kittyking
Nov 28th, 2006, 10:22 AM
Doesnt a british player get a wc too?

Tenis Srbija
Nov 28th, 2006, 10:51 PM
Iroda :worship:

DutchieGirl
Dec 2nd, 2006, 08:50 PM

Depends if we did a swap with Wimby...sometimes we do, sometimes we don't.

Ben.
Dec 2nd, 2006, 10:11 PM
Alicia Molik is very likely to get one too unless she uses a SR :confused:

u can't use a SR in the slams, but yes I'm sure she will get a wildcard. she said she might play the wildcard play-off but even if she loses there she will still be granted one.

jas_aussie
Dec 2nd, 2006, 10:23 PM
jessica moore will get a qualifying one

DutchieGirl
Dec 3rd, 2006, 05:18 AM
u can't use a SR in the slams, but yes I'm sure she will get a wildcard. she said she might play the wildcard play-off but even if she loses there she will still be granted one.

Yes you can - but only for 1, and you have to have missed at least 3 slams... Alicia hasn't, so she can't use a SR.

kittyking
Dec 3rd, 2006, 06:14 AM
jessica moore will get a qualifying one

Or Maindraw one (fingers crossed)

jamatthews
Dec 6th, 2006, 05:49 PM

Probably not. I hope that the LTA at least pretended to be reluctant to give Alicia a wildcard in order to get some kind of trade but I doubt it.

jas_aussie
Dec 13th, 2006, 01:55 AM
Jessica Moore won the under18's tournament she get a qualifying one

TheBoiledEgg
Dec 13th, 2006, 01:23 PM

awesome Jess ;)

hammerhead
Dec 13th, 2006, 05:23 PM
USTA recently held a playoff for an Australian Open wildcard. Anybody know who played and who won?

DutchieGirl
Dec 14th, 2006, 02:39 AM
USTA recently held a playoff for an Australian Open wildcard. Anybody know who played and who won?

:scratch:

Melusine
Dec 14th, 2006, 09:07 AM

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/columnists/sfl-spbrickten12dec12,0,4430435.column?coll=sfla-sports-col

playoff should still be ongoing, it only names Lauren Albanese

jamatthews
Dec 16th, 2006, 04:51 AM
Madison Brengle wins the WC.

http://tenniskalamazoo.blogspot.com/

KimC&MariaSNo1's
Dec 17th, 2006, 07:58 AM

I think she might get a MD WC she has better chance to win a round than Breadmore, Wheeler, Musgrave

TheBoiledEgg
Dec 17th, 2006, 08:12 AM
Madison Brengle wins the WC.

http://tenniskalamazoo.blogspot.com/

Maddy :angel: :bounce:

jas_aussie
Dec 19th, 2006, 08:06 AM
Alicia got the wildcard:woohoo:

miss_molik
Dec 19th, 2006, 11:03 AM
^^^^yay, go alicia

Dor Y
Dec 19th, 2006, 02:14 PM
Go Madison :)

Jorn
Dec 19th, 2006, 02:34 PM
Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova has Entered a Junior tourny in the same week. Does that mean she won't play here?

alwayshingis
Dec 19th, 2006, 05:45 PM
Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova has Entered a Junior tourny in the same week. Does that mean she won't play here?

The same week as AO Qualifying? That seems strange. She's already the top-ranked junior by 3.7 billion points...Stop playing those tournaments!

TheBoiledEgg
Dec 19th, 2006, 06:26 PM

that tourn is in Melbourne also across town, and ends on Jan 10th.
Aus qualies starts Jan 11th.

she wanted a WC for Auckland to get match practice, she was declined.
so its not the best scenario playing jrs but still its matches :)

Jorn
Dec 19th, 2006, 06:59 PM
Yes, I did check the Aussie site for info.

I thought the AO qual did start at Jan 9th. and the Juniors was in week 2 only.

DutchieGirl
Dec 20th, 2006, 02:27 AM

Which junior tourney is that?

TheBoiledEgg
Dec 20th, 2006, 09:36 AM
Which junior tourney is that?

Traralagon G1

kittyking
Dec 20th, 2006, 09:47 AM

Yes Leanne got it instead (her 9th one or something)

DutchieGirl
Dec 21st, 2006, 02:58 AM
Traralagon G1

oh, ok...when you said "other side of Melbourne", I thought it would be closeby. ;)

Jorn
Dec 23rd, 2006, 01:32 PM
When will we know who get the last Wildcards? (MD and Quali)

Viktymise
Dec 23rd, 2006, 04:18 PM
Either Cornet or Johansson will get the French WC i think, hopefully its Alize :bounce:, what does everyone else think of her chances to get it

DutchieGirl
Dec 23rd, 2006, 07:55 PM
Hmm well I hope it's Alize, but I dunno if she'll get it.

Europe rocks
Dec 23rd, 2006, 09:50 PM
I don't know why the LTA don't get involves with sharing wildcards with the other slams :shrug: Great opportunity for some of our girls to get prize money and valuable ranking points if they win a round :smash:

-sugi-
Dec 23rd, 2006, 10:05 PM
Either Cornet or Johansson will get the French WC i think, hopefully its Alize :bounce:, what does everyone else think of her chances to get it
Aaaah :( I like both. Mathilde is a hard worker but against top players when she played Kirilenko and Kuznetsova she only won 1 game in both matches and I think Alize has a better chance if she got the wildcard. She did well last year taking my darling Aiko to 3 sets and Aiko then crushed the seeded Gisela Dulko 61 61 before losing to Schnyder in the 3rd Round.

I would have thought possibly Fedossova could have gotten the wildcard, a quarterfinalist of Tokyo this year.

FrenchY52
Dec 24th, 2006, 09:36 AM
Aaaah :( I like both. Mathilde is a hard worker but against top players when she played Kirilenko and Kuznetsova she only won 1 game in both matches and I think Alize has a better chance if she got the wildcard. She did well last year taking my darling Aiko to 3 sets and Aiko then crushed the seeded Gisela Dulko 61 61 before losing to Schnyder in the 3rd Round.

I would have thought possibly Fedossova could have gotten the wildcard, a quarterfinalist of Tokyo this year.

Yes i think Fedossova has more chances to have it because Alizé already had it last year, and Youlia made a 2nd R at the USO after qualifying, a Tokyo Quarter, and a good last part of the season..
Olivia Sanchez has a few hopes too

Viktymise
Dec 24th, 2006, 11:25 AM

Oh i forgot obout Fedossova, its probably more likely she will get it over Alize now i think of it :sad: hopefully Alize can qualify even if she doesnt get it

-sugi-
Dec 28th, 2006, 01:40 PM
Olivia Sanchez has a few hopes too
Olivia Sanchez is hot :drool:
Hopefully she can do well in quallies.

TheBoiledEgg
Dec 28th, 2006, 05:52 PM
I don't know why the LTA don't get involves with sharing wildcards with the other slams :shrug: Great opportunity for some of our girls to get prize money and valuable ranking points if they win a round :smash:

thing is the LTA dont own Wimbledon like the others do.
FFT owns Roland Garros,
USTA owns US Open
Tennis Aus owns Aus open

whilst All England Club own Wimbledon
and they give WC's to non-Brits anyway :o

TS
Dec 30th, 2006, 02:34 AM
If Shannon Golds beats Catalina Castano in the first round of Gold Coast, then she might sneak in to get one of the last wildcards.

TS
Dec 30th, 2006, 06:16 AM
Youlia Fedossova got the French WC.

So that leaves 3 discretionary wildcards, one of which Sophie Ferguson is almost a certainty to receive.

TheBoiledEgg
Dec 30th, 2006, 09:48 AM
Youlia :yeah:

apcuk
Jan 1st, 2007, 08:08 PM
If Caroline Wozniacki seems to get stuck in the alt list what chance will she have for a quali WC?

Maybe this sentence makes no sense but I hope you understand the question... :)

DutchieGirl
Jan 2nd, 2007, 04:41 AM
I guess it's possible for Caroline to get a quallie WC, but not so likely.

aussie_fan
Jan 4th, 2007, 06:22 AM
Guccione gets wildcard
Sportal

Chris Guccione and Sophie Ferguson have been awarded wildcards into the main draw of the Australian Open which gets underway at Melbourne Park on January 15.

Tennis Australia awarded the pair the 11th and 12th wildcards respectively with a further two in both the men's and women's draws still to be handed out at the discretion of the governing body.

Guccione - ranked 153 in the world and currently Australia's number three player - was rewarded for some impressive performances during the 2006 Davis Cup campaign, including his defeat of the higher ranked Max Mirnyi in the quarter-final at Kooyong.

Last year also saw the big-serving left-hander enjoy victories on the ATP Challenger circuit with wins in Quito (Ecuador) and Medellin (Colombia), as well as reaching the finals in Geneva and the semis in Rome and Manchester.

Twenty-one year-old Ferguson also enjoyed solid form in 2006, reaching the finals of two Kia Pro Circuit tournaments in Sydney and Melbourne and the semi-finals in four other ITF women’s circuit events.

Coached by Tony Roche, the Sydneysider - currently ranked 184 in the world - has continued her good touch into 2007, upsetting world No.26 Ai Sugiyama at the Australian Women's Hardcourts earlier in the week.

No real surprise there.

DutchieGirl
Jan 4th, 2007, 06:32 AM
:woohoo: Way to go Soph! :D

aussie_fan
Jan 6th, 2007, 05:48 AM
Arthurs earns wildcard
Sportal

Wayne Arthurs will make his ninth - and possibly final - appearance at the Australian Open in 2007 after being granted a wildcard into the main draw.

Tennis Australia's decision to award Arthurs and Monique Adamczak wildcard entries means only one men's and one women's wildcard are yet to be given out.

The decision of which players to grant wildcards to was made somewhat easier for Tennis Australia with the injury to Mark Phillippoussis at the Hopman Cup which ruled him out of selection.

Arthurs, 36, joins fellow Australians Lleyton Hewitt and Chris Guccione as the only male entries in the main draw thus far.

The big-serving Victorian's best performance at the Australian Open came in 2001 when he reached the third round before going on to make the fourth round at Roland Garros the same year and the fourth round of Wimbledon in 2002.

Arthurs has been a valuable member of Australia's Davis Cup team since 1999 representing the nation in both singles and doubles.

Adamczak, ranked 245th in the world, will make only her second appearance at the Open after losing in the first round in 2005.

Tennis Australia will award the remaining wildcards after assessing the performance of Australian players in tournaments around the country over the next week.

No surprise about monique getting a wc but arthurs getting one is a bit strange. after healey and luzcak getting 3rd rounds last year, i thought they would be guarnteed a wc.

Dexter
Jan 6th, 2007, 09:10 AM
Monique :yeah:

Pawacki
Jan 6th, 2007, 09:51 AM
Maybe..Ula Radwanska :D<JOKE>

aussy89
Jan 6th, 2007, 10:12 AM
i rekon the womens should go to jessica moore, an the mens to healey, healey did a great job in filling in for mark at hpman cup an the aussies jus love him, i cant say to much though peter has done well but iv only heard of his davis cup acheivment

aussie_fan
Jan 6th, 2007, 12:23 PM
i rekon the womens should go to jessica moore, an the mens to healey, healey did a great job in filling in for mark at hpman cup an the aussies jus love him, i cant say to much though peter has done well but iv only heard of his davis cup acheivment

both made third round (healey and luczak) of AO last year, which confuses me why wayne got one because now one of them won't get the oppurnity to defend their points. I think it should go to luzcak because he's has much better chance of winning a match.

ozfan44
Jan 7th, 2007, 02:03 AM
Monique :banana:

Experimentee
Jan 7th, 2007, 08:15 AM
both made third round (healey and luczak) of AO last year, which confuses me why wayne got one because now one of them won't get the oppurnity to defend their points. I think it should go to luzcak because he's has much better chance of winning a match.

I think they just gave it to Wayne because its probably his last AO and he would want to go out on a big court instead of in qualifying. He's done well for Australia over the years especially in DC so I guess they wanted to reward him by giving him a good end.

aussie_fan
Jan 7th, 2007, 12:44 PM
I think they just gave it to Wayne because its probably his last AO and he would want to go out on a big court instead of in qualifying. He's done well for Australia over the years especially in DC so I guess they wanted to reward him by giving him a good end.

yeah,t hat would have to be the reason. i'm not complaining, wanye is defiantely one of the players i will be seeing at AO.

apcuk
Jan 9th, 2007, 02:29 AM
TBE, hogy many quali wild cards are left?

According to you first post here, 6 slots are still open.
http://www.wtaworld.com/showpost.php?p=9553733&postcount=1

What chance does Caro have for a quali WC?