PDA

View Full Version : when you see a drunk guy weaving horribly, do you help him?

"Sluggy"
Nov 27th, 2006, 09:23 AM
yes or no?

I saw an angel on Friday, she helped this guy and held him by his coat, he'd have fallen on his face again, or fallen in the street and got his by a car, but she saved him. It was very courageous. Maybe it was Segolène Royal, cause her actions were certainly Royal!

skanky~skanketta
Nov 27th, 2006, 11:25 AM
if he doesn't smell, drool and there's a 100% guarantee he won't throw up. otherwise, i dont really care, unless he's a danger to someone else's life. otherwise i woudn't care if he died or not. i'm not very nice. i mean, why get drunk in the first place? drunk people are the most irresponsible idiots around.

"Sluggy"
Nov 27th, 2006, 11:58 AM
if he doesn't smell, drool and there's a 100% guarantee he won't throw up.

This guy was in bad shape, drooling like a dog and so drunk.

otherwise, i dont really care, unless he's a danger to someone else's life. otherwise i woudn't care if he died or not. i'm not very nice. i mean, why get drunk in the first place? drunk people are the most irresponsible idiots around.

He was a danger to himself and to other people. Why not care if he died? i agree, you are not very nice. Irresponsible idiots are still people.

skanky~skanketta
Nov 27th, 2006, 12:31 PM

He was a danger to himself and to other people. Why not care if he died? i agree, you are not very nice. Irresponsible idiots are still people.
well, like i said, if he was a danger to others i would help. the thing is that these are the same people who would get drunk over and over again. so i would rather not help.

skanky~skanketta
Nov 27th, 2006, 12:32 PM

i would not care if a lot of people died. just like those who do not know me would not care i breathed or not.

WhatTheDeuce
Nov 27th, 2006, 01:38 PM
Well it depends what current state I'm in, if I'm completely wasted myself, chances are I'm not gonna give a shit (unless it was a friend of mine who I could clearly see was gonna hurt him/herself or someone else).

If I was sober, I would try to help the person in some cases. If the person's just acting a crazy fool, and being loud and obnoxious, I'm not gonna do anything but laugh. But if the person is like, about to harm him/herself or someone else, or is about to get into their car and drive, I'd try to stop them and say something at least. But, when its all said and done, impaired people make stupid, impulsive decisions, and theres often not much you can do, even if you try.

Sam L
Nov 27th, 2006, 01:55 PM
yes or no?

I saw an angel on Friday, she helped this guy and held him by his coat, he'd have fallen on his face again, or fallen in the street and got his by a car, but she saved him. It was very courageous. Maybe it was Segolène Royal, cause her actions were certainly Royal!

:clap2:

Diam's
Nov 27th, 2006, 02:07 PM
Are you sure it wasn't you and your wife ? :lol:

Diam's
Nov 27th, 2006, 02:09 PM
and where is the "ta gueule sluggy" option ?

Sam L
Nov 27th, 2006, 02:09 PM
What about la belle-mère? :haha:

Diam's
Nov 27th, 2006, 02:13 PM
What about la belle-mère? :haha:

His belle-mère probably would have let him hurt himself :devil:

"Sluggy"
Nov 27th, 2006, 03:01 PM

No, it wasn't my wife. She was taller and longer hair but very brave, strong stomach too (meaning she wasn't scared or disgusted). The guy was banging his head on the wall, would have fallen on his face and broken his teeth, almost fell onto the busy road, it was rue Franklin Roosevelt right by the champs Elysées. he wanted to fight and he kicked the older guy and swung at me, it was funn cause he'd throw a punch and id scamper away and then stop him from falling, he'd swing again and id get out of the way and stop him from falling. then we was on his back and i put my foot on his chest and yelled at him to stay down. a guy across the street yelled at me to stop so i told him to come over and help but he didnt. So many people walked by and were indifferent. oh well.

!<blocparty>!
Nov 27th, 2006, 03:51 PM
Ugh. There's no "STFU Sluggy" option this time. :(

"Sluggy"
Nov 27th, 2006, 04:06 PM
Ugh. There's no "STFU Sluggy" option this time. :(

gosh you brits are a rowdy crowd, i've noted your STFU vote, thanks. :rolleyes:

Sally Struthers
Nov 27th, 2006, 04:19 PM
no because the asshole could sue you if he fell while you were trying to help him. Anyway it's his own fault.

"Sluggy"
Nov 27th, 2006, 04:34 PM
no because the asshole could sue you if he fell while you were trying to help him. Anyway it's his own fault.

French law is different, there is more of an obligation to assist someone in need than in the US, without as much liability if you make a mistake. Mostly he was going to fall on his face, upsetting for any onlookers.

Scotso
Nov 28th, 2006, 12:22 AM
If he's really hot.

Diam's
Nov 28th, 2006, 02:58 AM
No, it wasn't my wife. She was taller and longer hair but very brave, strong stomach too (meaning she wasn't scared or disgusted). The guy was banging his head on the wall, would have fallen on his face and broken his teeth, almost fell onto the busy road, it was rue Franklin Roosevelt right by the champs Elysées. he wanted to fight and he kicked the older guy and swung at me, it was funn cause he'd throw a punch and id scamper away and then stop him from falling, he'd swing again and id get out of the way and stop him from falling. then we was on his back and i put my foot on his chest and yelled at him to stay down. a guy across the street yelled at me to stop so i told him to come over and help but he didnt. So many people walked by and were indifferent. oh well.

Was it after 'le salon du vin' ? :cool:

Dominic
Nov 28th, 2006, 03:24 AM
if he doesn't smell, drool and there's a 100% guarantee he won't throw up. otherwise, i dont really care, unless he's a danger to someone else's life. otherwise i woudn't care if he died or not. i'm not very nice. i mean, why get drunk in the first place? drunk people are the most irresponsible idiots around.

drunk ppl can be annoying its true but being drnk makes you so happy and joyful and feeling like partying and its such a cool feeling.And not all ppl act irresponsible and stuff being drunk. Plus drunk ppl can be alot nicer and warmer and they're real and always say the truth.

Stamp Paid
Nov 28th, 2006, 03:29 AM
No

quasar
Nov 28th, 2006, 03:35 AM
when you see a drunk guy weaving horribly, do you help him?
I would check his pockets for money, so I could go get drunk myself.

Cheers,

Carlos

Veritas
Nov 28th, 2006, 03:43 AM
yes or no?

It depends. If the drunk guy was violent, I'd steer well away from him. But if it looks as if he's in trouble, then I wouldn't mind driving him to the nearest hospital (stopping along the way for him to vomit outside my car).

klok
Nov 28th, 2006, 03:56 AM
If he was being loud and being obnoxious then I would leave him but if was someone who looked like they were just trying to walk home or whatever then I would help them.

meyerpl
Nov 28th, 2006, 04:45 AM

That really hurts my feelings, especially coming from you.:bigcry:

decemberlove
Nov 28th, 2006, 09:04 AM
I voted for Let him croak. Who's the other asshole that chose that option?

skanky~skanketta
Nov 28th, 2006, 02:36 PM
That really hurts my feelings, especially coming from you.:bigcry:
you're an exception. :kiss: