PDA

View Full Version : Who is going???

F-R-E-A-K
Nov 27th, 2006, 02:14 AM
Who will be attending Medibank International 2007? :hearts:

:wavey:

Martian Stacey
Nov 27th, 2006, 03:18 AM
Maybe, i'm waiting for the player list to be released before i decide ;)

vertigo
Nov 27th, 2006, 02:27 PM
I am! It'll be my first time. I'm a Brit but I'm in Australia then, I'm also going to Hobart. I'm going regardless of entry list.

Andy.
Nov 28th, 2006, 06:53 AM
I will be there for sure, I never miss it its awesome

Modiac.
Nov 28th, 2006, 08:14 AM
I think Lucie Safarova will be there.

Tenis Srbija
Nov 28th, 2006, 10:45 PM
So when will we know who is attending? Of the players of course :D

Martian Stacey
Nov 29th, 2006, 12:21 AM
So when will we know who is attending? Of the players of course :D
Martina Hingis has been confirmed (so i'm definately going now btw ;) )

The rest of the players should be announced over the next few days

Modiac.
Nov 29th, 2006, 04:55 AM
1.Justine Henin-Hardenne
3.Amelie Mauresmo
4.Svetlana Kuznetsova
5.Kim Clijsters
6.Nadia Petrova
7.Martina Hingis
8.Elena Dementieva
9.Patty Schnyder
10.Nicole Vaidisova
11.Dinara Safina
12.Jelena Jankovic
14.Ana Ivanovic
15.Francesca Schiavone
16.Anastasia Myskina
17.Marion Bartoli
18.Daniela Hantuchova
19.Anna-Lena Groenefeld
20.Shahar Peer
21.Na Li

19 out of top 21 players will play here. :eek:

Martian Stacey
Nov 29th, 2006, 05:41 AM
awesome field! :D I can't wait :bounce:

Andy.
Nov 29th, 2006, 08:16 AM
If only Maria was playing, O well hopefully they will pay her enough to play one year LOL.

F-R-E-A-K
Nov 29th, 2006, 10:57 PM
Gary and I will be attending 3-4 days of play. :)

I hope to meet Bovina yet again!! :hearts: :hearts:

miss_molik
Nov 30th, 2006, 10:24 AM
I'm going 3 days! yay

louisa2k2
Dec 4th, 2006, 07:42 AM
Im going monday to wednesday.

Ben.
Dec 4th, 2006, 07:45 AM
I wish i could be going but i sort of cannot afford it since i bought RLA tickets to the aussie open for the the 1st 4 days. ah well.

miss_molik
Dec 5th, 2006, 05:50 AM
I'm now going 4 days! yay. monday and tuesday - centre court, wednesday - ground pass and friday - the women's single and doubles final (night session)

Ben.
Dec 5th, 2006, 05:56 AM
I'm now going 4 days! yay. monday and tuesday - centre court, wednesday - ground pass and friday - the women's single and doubles final (night session)

lucky you :)

louisa2k2
Dec 6th, 2006, 10:10 AM
cool im on centre mon-wed in the 121 section :) maybe see you there. Tho i am like ADD i always go wandering cos i cant sit still to long.

SvetaPleaseWin.
Dec 12th, 2006, 03:34 AM
im going to the mens and womens finals :D

Andy.
Dec 13th, 2006, 08:39 AM
Ok Im going Friday Sat and Sunday of the First Week and to the finals But I dont know what day to choose from Between Monday or Tues as i have work and have to ask for one of those days off and I dont know which one, what do you guys think

louisa2k2
Dec 14th, 2006, 01:31 PM
mmm hard question you could always ask for tues and then you have a break inbetween and theoretically the matches should be a bit better.

Andy.
Dec 15th, 2006, 03:00 AM
Yeah Im working on Monday till 12 so i will go after that and then i have tuesday off. So I will go Friday to Sunday, Monday Afternoon, Tuesday and then the Finals. I cant wait.

miss_molik
Dec 15th, 2006, 07:23 AM
cool im on centre mon-wed in the 121 section :) maybe see you there. Tho i am like ADD i always go wandering cos i cant sit still to long.

cool, i'm in the 121 section on tuesday i think.

Mateo Mathieu
Dec 15th, 2006, 08:05 AM
I'm also going to the tournament! :D I'll probably there for qualifying rounds and Sunday. I'll definitely there on Monday afternoon, Wednesday night and Friday night! :D

Postcard
Dec 15th, 2006, 08:32 PM
Mon (8 Jan)
Mens Singles (R1)
Mens Doubles (R1)
Womens Singles (R1)
Womens Doubles (R2)

Tues (9 Jan)
Mens Singles (R1)
Mens Doubles (R1)
Womens Singles (R2)
Womens Doubles (Quarter-Finals)

Both days have twilight session (tickets on the day, starting not before 5.30 pm).

louisa2k2
Dec 16th, 2006, 12:40 PM
cool cant wait. Im probably not going to any night session this year tho cos it was just a bit dodgey travelling back to the hills district on my own by train at that time of night last year. It was only afterwards that people told me it wasnt safe.

Martian Stacey
Dec 18th, 2006, 09:52 AM
:woohoo:

Looks like i'm getting corporate tickets for Wednesday night :D

So i'm going Wednesday day and night sessions and probably the Sunday as well :bounce:

Martian Stacey
Dec 18th, 2006, 09:53 AM
cool cant wait. Im probably not going to any night session this year tho cos it was just a bit dodgey travelling back to the hills district on my own by train at that time of night last year. It was only afterwards that people told me it wasnt safe.
Yeah I dunno how i'm getting home Wednesday night :o I'll work that out later :lol:

louisa2k2
Dec 18th, 2006, 01:08 PM
:woohoo:

Looks like i'm getting corporate tickets for Wednesday night :D

So i'm going Wednesday day and night sessions and probably the Sunday as well :bounce:

wow your lucky! So do you know if you have the day off on wed yet? you an still have the other ticket. can mail it to u if you like. PS how would u get back from the nite session. Cos if u were on the same train as me i know someone who can get me from the station.

Mateo Mathieu
Dec 19th, 2006, 01:36 AM
The Hills is nowhere near a train station :lol: Yeah, it would be difficult for you and someone from that area :p

Martian Stacey
Dec 19th, 2006, 02:18 AM
wow your lucky! So do you know if you have the day off on wed yet? you an still have the other ticket. can mail it to u if you like. PS how would u get back from the nite session. Cos if u were on the same train as me i know someone who can get me from the station.
Haven't heard yet but i'm taking the day off one way or the other :lol: Thanks for the ticket :)

I'll wait till I find out whether or not I can get the Wednesday night ticket then i'll work out how to get home ;) I could normally get my boyfriend to pick me up but he's in Queensland that week :(

louisa2k2
Dec 20th, 2006, 12:47 AM
Ah bad timing! Yeh i havent decided for sure if ill go to any nights but it makes me feel better knowing i can get picked up from the station cos that was the bit i didnt like last yr sometimes hanging around seven hills for like 30 mins on my own waiting for a taxi or the non existent buses.

Drake1980
Dec 20th, 2006, 01:08 AM
Lucky people!!;)

F-R-E-A-K
Dec 20th, 2006, 05:50 AM
:wavey:
Gary & I will be going on Fri/Sat/Sun and Mon/Tues/Wed. :D

Prizeidiot
Dec 21st, 2006, 07:35 AM
I'll probably be going the first 4 days or so. The rest of the week is probably contingent on how certain players do.

And yeah, good idea in regards to getting a lift from the station... but is there even a station close to the Hills? Parramatta would be closest wouldn't it?

SM
Dec 21st, 2006, 01:41 PM
I WILL probably for for 1 or 2 days..probably qtr final stage..i get free corporate tix for whatever days i wanna go off a mate :cool:

i just want to see hingis live!!!!!!!:worship:

louisa2k2
Dec 23rd, 2006, 12:23 AM
Seven Hills is the closest and you can get a bus that takes abt 15-20 minutes to where i live but they pretty much dont show up after 7.45pm from my experience.

you can also get a bus from parramatta but i doubt it runs late as well knowing westbus. I so need to learn to drive. I havent booked any evening tickets yet so ill see.

I saw hingis play last year so this year im hoping to see her win a match or 2.

Prizeidiot
Dec 23rd, 2006, 04:32 AM
Seven HILLS - of course!

I finally got to my P plates this year, so there hopefully won't be any more of that sitting at Blacktown station waiting for my mum or dad hoping I don't get rolled.

And yeah, I'm pretty sure Martina won't be drawing Justine first round this time.

fOxYLiCiOuS
Dec 23rd, 2006, 07:58 AM
:rolls:

:help: @ Blacktown station :scared:

Unfortunately that is our local train station :o luckily we drive everywhere ;) :lol:

Andy.
Dec 23rd, 2006, 09:09 AM

:help: @ Blacktown station :scared:

Unfortunately that is our local train station :o luckily we drive everywhere ;) :lol:
Mine is no better mine is Bankstown :scared::lol:

Ben.
Dec 23rd, 2006, 09:55 AM

unlucky :lol:

Prizeidiot
Dec 23rd, 2006, 10:18 AM
Oh please, you guys have nothing :p

I get off at Blacktown because that's where my tennis buddies get off at, and because it's safer than the station that is actually closest to me - Mt Druitt :scared: (actually it's the same distance as St Marys, but getting off there would be like going past my home to go back in that direction by car)

louisa2k2
Dec 23rd, 2006, 11:32 AM
Cool I didnt know that you were out in this direction. My housemates help with a hillsong extension service at st.Marys I went up there one time to help with street teams.

Blacktown is one of those areas people tell me not to hang out in like redfern. So probably a good thing that your not hanging around there.

I stayed with some friends in punchbowl nr bankstown one year when i was going to hillsong conference so i was walking down the road on my own at like midnight but i was blissfully unaware of any danger until after wen ppl told me it wasnt a good idea.

Prizeidiot
Dec 23rd, 2006, 12:01 PM
Redfern - that's the other station I use (for uni) :p

But yeah, I'm surprised there are so many Aussies, and especially surprised that so many of them are from Western Sydney

F-R-E-A-K
Dec 23rd, 2006, 09:11 PM

Martian Stacey
Dec 24th, 2006, 01:17 AM
Oh please, you guys have nothing :p

I get off at Blacktown because that's where my tennis buddies get off at, and because it's safer than the station that is actually closest to me - Mt Druitt :scared: (actually it's the same distance as St Marys, but getting off there would be like going past my home to go back in that direction by car)

:lol: Yeah I don't blame you for getting off at Blacktown. I used to go to TAFE at Mt Druitt and never caught the train home at night

Cool I didnt know that you were out in this direction. My housemates help with a hillsong extension service at st.Marys I went up there one time to help with street teams.

I know where that place is ;) My boyfriend also lives around that area

louisa2k2
Dec 26th, 2006, 08:11 AM
you learn something new everyday and the world gets a bit smaller.

Mateo Mathieu
Dec 30th, 2006, 06:46 AM
LMFAO!

All train stations pass Parramatta station were terrible from my experience! :o I went to Quakers Hill for a party and left the party at like 11pm. I was waiting for the train coming at Quakers Hill for like an hour! :mad: It makes me wish I were stay in the party for a little longer! :lol:

Thankfully, the closest station from where I live would be Granville or Guildford :lol: Both stations are great! ;)

Martian Stacey
Dec 30th, 2006, 07:54 AM
Penrith isn't that bad... although you do get some weird types hanging around sometimes :tape: But at least i've never been scared to be around there, unlike some other stations.

broncosven
Dec 30th, 2006, 08:09 AM
Granville is good cause it has the two lines and most trains stop there going from both lines in both directions . . . i live around parra and catch trains alot

Oh and as usual i am again working there as a Tech offical at the medibank - ill be there each day except for Sunday

Prizeidiot
Dec 30th, 2006, 09:41 AM
I would have done fanfest again, except there is new management, and instead of sending us an email asking if we want to do it, we were meant to send an email to them. Of course, I discovered this 2 months after the closing date for applications....

louisa2k2
Dec 31st, 2006, 04:54 AM
Seven hills station is not bad but after 7.39pm there are no more buses to my area.

Andy.
Jan 3rd, 2007, 11:52 AM
Im a little worried about the weather, the forcast isnt looking too good, I really hope it doesnt rain Im soo looking foreward to this tournament.

Mateo Mathieu
Jan 4th, 2007, 03:23 AM
2nd week of January always have bad weather in the past! :haha:

Prizeidiot
Jan 5th, 2007, 05:47 AM
So, who's going on Sunday?

Andy.
Jan 5th, 2007, 06:24 AM
Im going on Sunday

SvetaPleaseWin.
Jan 5th, 2007, 06:58 AM
is it free to get into qualies?
i think im gonna go saturday and sunday (sun has free ground passes right?) and to both the mens and womens finals :)

louisa2k2
Jan 5th, 2007, 07:07 AM
It rained a little last year but never all day. And i just took the chance when there was rain to sleep.

broncosven
Jan 5th, 2007, 07:56 AM
qualies are free on saturday and sunday !!

Xanadu11
Jan 6th, 2007, 06:29 AM
I went yesterday. It was so hot. I got sunburnt:sad:

I have grounds passes for Monday and Centre Court tickets for Wednesday. I'll probably only end up going on Wednesday though, seeing as I have to work all week.

I'm so excited anyway!

Prizeidiot
Jan 6th, 2007, 06:35 AM
Yeah, I'm pretty pumped. I mean, we only get one convenient tournament a year.

And the draw is so ridiculously good. I should be going tomorrow. Maybe depends on some friends who are waiting for the schedule of play to decide whether they're in or not.

Prizeidiot
Jan 6th, 2007, 10:29 AM
... or not.

The order of play is terrible bar the last match on centre

Martian Stacey
Jan 6th, 2007, 10:36 AM
I'm going tomorrow.

Forcast says its gonna be hot tomorrow btw ;) About mid-30's.

Prizeidiot
Jan 6th, 2007, 10:45 AM
Yeah... too much bother just to see one match :p

Although it would be a nice chance to get started on photos with players.

F-R-E-A-K
Jan 6th, 2007, 11:34 AM
Gary and I went yesterday, and we'll be going MON/TUES for sure :)

We might go tomorrow to get a few more pics of players and to watch Dushevina qualify :p

order of play is not too good :o

bertieb
Jan 6th, 2007, 11:44 AM
I'm going. At least there will be alot practicing on the outside courts. It is the only time they are in Sydney.

Prizeidiot
Jan 6th, 2007, 11:58 AM
Yeah, my only concern about not going tomorrow is Nikki losing to Daniela then leaving for Melbourne right away. It'd be nice to get a chance to see her.

Andy.
Jan 6th, 2007, 12:19 PM
Gary and I went yesterday, and we'll be going MON/TUES for sure :)

We might go tomorrow to get a few more pics of players and to watch Dushevina qualify :p

order of play is not too good :o
The centre court matches are pretty good, Peer, Anna Lena, Nikki, Dani, Ana, Li

SvetaPleaseWin.
Jan 6th, 2007, 12:21 PM
i went today and got so burnt i look like a bloody beetroot :tape: still-im going back for more tomorrow

Andy.
Jan 6th, 2007, 12:46 PM
i went today and got so burnt i look like a bloody beetroot :tape: still-im going back for more tomorrow
I applied sunscreen 4 times today it was sooo hot, but I did get a nice tan out of today :lol:

Xanadu11
Jan 7th, 2007, 08:44 AM
I volunteered today. And let a whole bunch of ground pass people on centre court (It was empty anyway). How crazy was the weather!!!!!!!!

Mateo Mathieu
Jan 7th, 2007, 09:46 AM
I volunteered today. And let a whole bunch of ground pass people on centre court (It was empty anyway). How crazy was the weather!!!!!!!!
Lucky them! :lol: Normally, I go to Sundays every year since 2000 but it's the first time I skip this year, lol. I changed my mind that I don't want to go to tomorrow night and will go to tomorrow morning/afternoon instead. Lucky for me, I don't have a ticket for tomorrow night ;)

miss_molik
Jan 7th, 2007, 09:51 AM
I'm going tomorrow!! Order of Play on Centre court is awesome. Sammy, then tomas berdych, hingis and baghdatis

Prizeidiot
Jan 7th, 2007, 09:53 AM
Oh, are you field of play volunteering? Let me in on centre some time in the week. (maybe tomorrow for Martina :p)

By the way. I'm going tomorrow. The order is amazing. Prattasaurus and Robert Smeets have pushed Elena onto court 2! That's brilliant.

smit101
Jan 7th, 2007, 10:02 AM
Remeber everyone that if you have a ticket for centre court tomoz (day) then you are allowed to access all matches! (day and twilight)

Prizeidiot
Jan 7th, 2007, 10:17 AM
I'm going tomorrow!! Order of Play on Centre court is awesome. Sammy, then tomas berdych, hingis and baghdatisNot to mention Tursonov v Lee. Needless to say, there'll be some shotmaking there

miss_molik
Jan 7th, 2007, 11:10 AM
Not to mention Tursonov v Lee. Needless to say, there'll be some shotmaking there

Yeah, i don't think i'll be able to stay that long though, cause i'm with my little sister and i can't really get my parents to come and get us from homebush late at night cause its dark. But i love tursonov!! After watching him at hopman cup, he is just amazing!!!! Hopefully i'll get to see him later in the week. Or convince my parents to let us stay........ dunno yet

louisa2k2
Jan 7th, 2007, 11:58 AM
I will be there tomorow, tues, wed. :) cant wait and i dont plan on getting burnt this year.

Prizeidiot
Jan 7th, 2007, 12:21 PM
OK... well if anyone sees a human male tomorrow at the tennis tomorrow, there's a fair chance that's me, so please say hello :p

Xanadu11
Jan 7th, 2007, 12:21 PM
I'm not volunteering again till Wednesday night, otherwise i'd let everyone in, haha (me and my friends are the worst volunteers ever). The only problem are the old people, they are sticklers for the rules.

Andy.
Jan 7th, 2007, 12:36 PM
I cant go tomorow, I was going to go to the twilight but its not a great line up, but I will be there tuesday and Wednesday. I have been the last two days and have for once not got burnt LOL

Prizeidiot
Jan 8th, 2007, 10:12 AM
I went today, and damn it was a fantastic day of tennis.

Sam was unbelieveable, Martina and Jelena played the best women's match I've been a live witness of, and Elena came back from the dead, when all my friends left and encouraged me to give up hope at 5-3 down in the second.

Plus Sam is such a sweet girl. Really, she impresses me so much with the way she handles fans

miss_molik
Jan 8th, 2007, 10:23 AM
I went today, and damn it was a fantastic day of tennis.

Sam was unbelieveable, Martina and Jelena played the best women's match I've been a live witness of, and Elena came back from the dead, when all my friends left and encouraged me to give up hope at 5-3 down in the second.

Plus Sam is such a sweet girl. Really, she impresses me so much with the way she handles fans

Yeah, today was awesome in Centre Court. Sam played so well. There was only one person going for Vera out of the whole stadium. Every single break the 'smash em sam' girls were getting the whole crowd to cheer for her. It was so good

Prizeidiot
Jan 8th, 2007, 11:27 AM
There was a Vera fan?

I was hoping for someone to start shouting "If you love Vera and you know it clap your hands" and see if any one actually reponded :p

SvetaPleaseWin.
Jan 8th, 2007, 11:41 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek: OMG im in shock-i got svetas autograph today!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

i got loads of others as well but OMG i got svetas autograph today!!! :cool:

i just missed mauresmo-darn it

Prizeidiot
Jan 8th, 2007, 11:48 AM
Yeah, maybe I should go back to autographs.

Lately I've been really into photos with players, but for the next two days, I'm short a wingman, so I guess the photos are out of the question

Prizeidiot
Jan 8th, 2007, 11:52 AM
Oh, and just a quick question if someone could answer this really quickly.

Is the Medibank Magazine actually just the Australian Tennis Magazine with an extra cover like last year?

Martian Stacey
Jan 9th, 2007, 01:02 AM
I'm going again tomorrow to both the day and night sessions.

Anyone else get tickets to the cocktail party in the evening tomorrow?

Prizeidiot
Jan 9th, 2007, 08:29 AM
I might be done with the tennis for this year - Watching Elena's match was way too upsetting.

And there's a cocktail party? How do you get invited?

Martian Stacey
Jan 9th, 2007, 08:58 AM
My aunt got an invititation through her work... its not exactly a cocktail party, but thats what they're calling it. It starts at 5:30pm and they will be serving food and drinks at the corporate bar before the night matches.

Mateo Mathieu
Jan 9th, 2007, 10:43 AM
I'm not volunteering again till Wednesday night, otherwise i'd let everyone in, haha (me and my friends are the worst volunteers ever). The only problem are the old people, they are sticklers for the rules.
Would you let me in then? :hehehe: Wait a minute, I already have a ticket for tomorrow night! :lol:

Mateo Mathieu
Jan 9th, 2007, 10:44 AM
I still debate whether if I should buy a ticket for Centre Court tomorrow to see Mauresmo-Jankovic match :o

miss_molik
Jan 9th, 2007, 11:16 AM
I only have a ground pass for tomorrow, which sucks, cause there's like nothing on the outside courts thats interesting. :( I'm hoping to get tickets for vaidisova vs. ivanovic though

Andy.
Jan 9th, 2007, 11:21 AM
I only have a ground pass for tomorrow, which sucks, cause there's like nothing on the outside courts thats interesting. :( I'm hoping to get tickets for vaidisova vs. ivanovic though
I will be there It should be a great match between two of the tours Glamour girls

louisa2k2
Jan 11th, 2007, 02:27 AM
It was great nicole played a great match and i moved seats closer to the front cos no one was sat there :).

Martian Stacey
Jan 11th, 2007, 04:25 AM
I'm thinking about going to the women's final now...

Prizeidiot
Jan 11th, 2007, 04:55 AM
I would've thought last night would have been a full house.

I might've attended if I'd known there were tickets (and tickets near the front) still available. Though both matches turned out fairly anticlimactic.

The women's final would be pretty good I reckon. No matter who wins out of Nikki and Jelena. But would tickets be available? I went to the last day in 2003, and got to watch all 4 finals due to rain the previous day. I pre-ordered them about 2 weeks before the event though, and we were in the 3 level seats.

Martian Stacey
Jan 11th, 2007, 04:57 AM

I might've attended if I'd known there were tickets (and tickets near the front) still available. Though both matches turned out fairly anticlimactic.

The women's final would be pretty good I reckon. No matter who wins out of Nikki and Jelena. But would tickets be available? I went to the last day in 2003, and got to watch all 4 finals due to rain the previous day. I pre-ordered them about 2 weeks before the event though, and we were in the 3 level seats.
I checked this morning, there are still tickets left in the 300's sections :) I tried it a few times, the best i could get was about row 12, which isn't that bad. Hopefully they will still be there when i get home tonight :p

miss_molik
Jan 11th, 2007, 05:53 AM

last night was pretty full! Yeah, i bought tickets for the women's final pretty early and got in section 314. thats high up, but i don't care. atleast i'm there!

Prizeidiot
Jan 11th, 2007, 07:05 AM
Well, at least you can still see everything fairly clearly from 300.

gibberish
Jan 11th, 2007, 07:21 AM
I'm off to tomorrow's final. I'll probably be cheering for Kim but would also be happy to see Jelena win.

And heh, my sister's just happy that she doesn't have to watch Pratt play in the doubles final.

Ben.
Jan 11th, 2007, 07:36 AM
And heh, my sister's just happy that she doesn't have to watch Pratt play in the doubles final.

:lol:

Mateo Mathieu
Jan 11th, 2007, 08:21 AM
I'm sad that I won't able to see Liezel Huber in action tomorrow night :bigcry: It's first time I didn't see her in person this year since 2003 :lol:

Martian Stacey
Jan 11th, 2007, 09:51 AM
:woohoo: Got tickets for the final, go Kimmy :bounce:

SvetaPleaseWin.
Jan 11th, 2007, 09:51 AM
I'm off to tomorrow's final. I'll probably be cheering for Kim but would also be happy to see Jelena win.

who isnt happy they dont have to see pratt :p

ill be cheering on jelena :worship: and anna-lena/meghann