PDA

View Full Version : Loookin for some GOOOOOD music

fufuqifuqishahah
Nov 27th, 2006, 01:03 AM
OK so im looking for good music to download! I have a very broad taste range -- its cuz i love music so much -- so anything GOOD is appreciated. =)

Im looking for artists I haven't heard much of, so the less popular, in some ways, the better. Thanx!:kiss:

P.S. if you could also explain why you like them, that'd be awesome. :)

Brooklyn90
Nov 27th, 2006, 01:05 AM
the verve
Richard Aschcroft
Oasis

Bumsby
Nov 27th, 2006, 01:06 AM
Blonde Redhead, Metric, Chicks on Speed

fufuqifuqishahah
Nov 27th, 2006, 01:11 AM
k. first i'm listening to random songs by

the verve
then richard ashcroft
then oasis
then metric (i already know blonde redhead & chicks on speed)

ill keep yall updated.

fnuf7
Nov 27th, 2006, 01:18 AM
Goldfrapp!!!!
Imogen Heap
Lemon Jelly
Regina Spektor
Ladytron
Keane
Muse always do great music

These aren't really that unknown but there we go, they are great bands/artists and ones I'm particularly enjoying at the moment :)

égalité
Nov 27th, 2006, 01:18 AM
Regina Spektor (listen to "Us")
Rilo Kiley
Garbage
Eisley
Goldfrapp

fufuqifuqishahah
Nov 27th, 2006, 01:21 AM
do u guys have suggested songs cuz i kind of feel tardy blindly downloading songs from some of these artists hah.

will do

Lemon Jelly
Keane
Rilo Kiley
Garbage
Eisley

CrossCourt~Rally
Nov 27th, 2006, 01:23 AM
:crazy: :rocker2: WIND IT UP, WIND IT UP......AY LAY A HOOO HOOOOOO! :banana: :sport:

égalité
Nov 27th, 2006, 01:25 AM
Recommended songs:

Eisley: Marvelous Things, Golly Sandra
Garbage: ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING
Goldfrapp: Strict Machine, Tiptoe, Fly Me Away, Ride A White Horse, everything off of "Felt Mountain"
Rilo Kiley: Anything :hearts:
Regina Spektor: Us, The Flowers, Chemo Limo, Fidelity, Samson, Pavlov's Daughter, That Time, Hotel Song

Dahveed
Nov 27th, 2006, 01:28 AM
:crazy: :rocker2: WIND IT UP, WIND IT UP......AY LAY A HOOO HOOOOOO! :banana: :sport:

omg, ignore him.

:D

OK, Goldfrapp yes, Muse yes.

Well go visit lastfm.com, it's really good to see what people listen to and i discovered quite a few good artists over there.

égalité
Nov 27th, 2006, 01:29 AM
Oh, and KATE BUSH.

Here's my last.fm, by the way. Look through it! http://www.last.fm/user/Darklingv20/

CrossCourt~Rally
Nov 27th, 2006, 01:30 AM
omg, ignore him.

:D

OK, Goldfrapp yes, Muse yes.

Well go visit lastfm.com, it's really good to see what people listen to and i discovered quite a few good artists over there.

:awww:

fufuqifuqishahah
Nov 27th, 2006, 01:32 AM
lol what is wind it up

TF Chipmunk
Nov 27th, 2006, 01:33 AM
:crazy: :rocker2: WIND IT UP, WIND IT UP......AY LAY A HOOO HOOOOOO! :banana: :sport::crazy::bounce::bounce::crazy:

:dance:

TF Chipmunk
Nov 27th, 2006, 01:33 AM
lol what is wind it upIt's the new Gwen Stefani song :drool:

Brooklyn90
Nov 27th, 2006, 01:35 AM
bittersweet symphony
a song for the lovers
silence of science
music is power
stay young
wonderwall

fufuqifuqishahah
It's the new Gwen Stefani song :drool:

o yea hahha people keep mentioning it but i keep forgetting

CrossCourt~Rally
lol what is wind it up

Gwen Stefani. I have the Promo Club Mixes. But you will probobly only be able to find the radio version. Not as good...but still a fun song ;)

I will also suggest WHAT THE WORLD NEEDS NOW by Joyce Sims

TF Chipmunk
Nov 27th, 2006, 01:37 AM
Gwen Stefani. I have the Promo Club Mixes. But you will probobly only be able to find the radio version. Not as good...but still a fun song ;) Ok let's not be a tease and send them to the chipmunk :drool:

fnuf7
Nov 27th, 2006, 01:38 AM
Umm, specific songs:

Goldfrapp - Ride A White Horse, Satin Chic, You Never Know, Strict Machine and pretty much any other ones you find :)
Imogen Heap - The Walk, Glittering Cloud, The Moment I Said It, Clear The Area, Have You Got It In You
Keane - Crystal Ball, Is It Any Wonder?, Nothing In My Way
Muse - Starlight, Sunburn, Fillip (actually anything is great by them ;) )
Lemon Jelly - Nice Weather For Ducks, Rambling Man and many others
Ladytron - Evil, Destroy Everything You Touch...

fnuf7
Nov 27th, 2006, 01:40 AM
Oh, and KATE BUSH.

Here's my last.fm, by the way. Look through it! http://www.last.fm/user/Darklingv20/

Oh my yes! :bounce: :yeah:

If I could good rep you again for this post I would but I repped you earlier for another post so I can't ;) You obviously have great music taste, Kate rockz :yeah:

And just cos everyone's adding their last.fm link here's mine too http://www.last.fm/user/Gemzfnuf7/ although I do also tend to listen to some absolutely atrocious music every now and then :o ;)

fufuqifuqishahah
Nov 27th, 2006, 01:41 AM
lol this is so much fun for the artists i have never ever heard of (like rilo kiley)... cuz i have no idea what i just downloaded... and then when it's something beautiful its like :hearts:

CrossCourt~Rally
Nov 27th, 2006, 01:43 AM
lol this is so much fun for the artists i have never ever heard of (like rilo kiley)... cuz i have no idea what i just downloaded... and then when it's something beautiful its like :hearts:

Let me know what you think of the Joyce Sims song. Donwload the regular album/radio version and a club/dance version :bounce:

TF Chipmunk
Nov 27th, 2006, 01:43 AM
lol this is so much fun for the artists i have never ever heard of (like rilo kiley)... cuz i have no idea what i just downloaded... and then when it's something beautiful its like :hearts:Check the Grey's Anatomy music guides for good music :drool:

CrossCourt~Rally
Nov 27th, 2006, 01:50 AM
Ok let's not be a tease and send them to the chipmunk :drool:

I have them on 12" Vinyl..not on cd yet. I stil do not know how to DL vinyl onto a computer:sad: I really need to by the right connections for that type of transfer:help:

fufuqifuqishahah
Nov 27th, 2006, 01:55 AM
this was such a bad idea to ask this question in the middle of all the business and work i have to do hah.

i've aleady listened to a lot of the songs suggested though :o ill get back to ya'll about the songs sometime this week.

Haute
Nov 27th, 2006, 02:02 AM
Regina Spektor (listen to "Us")

:hearts: I personally love 'Poor Little Rich Boy'

@fnuf7 - I'm going to see Immi in 3 weeks in Detroit. :yeah: My avatar should be familiar to you then. :p

I highly recommend Rachael Yamagata; a lot of her songs are on the mellow side, but I especially like 'I Wish You Love,' 'Quiet,' and 'Even So.'

TF Chipmunk
Nov 27th, 2006, 02:05 AM
I have them on 12" Vinyl..not on cd yet. I stil do not know how to DL vinyl onto a computer:sad: I really need to by the right connections for that type of transfer:help:Ooh you want to get me one (a vinyl) and ship it to me ;)

fnuf7
Nov 27th, 2006, 10:19 AM
:hearts: I personally love 'Poor Little Rich Boy'

@fnuf7 - I'm going to see Immi in 3 weeks in Detroit. :yeah: My avatar should be familiar to you then. :p

I highly recommend Rachael Yamagata; a lot of her songs are on the mellow side, but I especially like 'I Wish You Love,' 'Quiet,' and 'Even So.'

*Jealous* ;)

Also good suggestion with Rachel Yamagata :cool:

!<blocparty>!
Nov 27th, 2006, 10:22 AM
Do we like cheesetastic pop?! :D

Linda Sunblad - Oh Father.

I would give you my lastFM but it's a bit :o ATM.

Fratellie
Nov 27th, 2006, 01:19 PM
the fratellis!!! :D
-chelsea dagger, creeping up the backstairs

also, we are scientists are cool
-great escape, it's a hit, nobody move

fufuqifuqishahah
Nov 27th, 2006, 06:37 PM
Do we like cheesetastic pop?! :D

Linda Sunblad - Oh Father.

I would give you my lastFM but it's a bit :o ATM.

SHOW IT!!!!

so far, my favorite song that I have listened to is Eisley - Golly Sandra :D

Lunaris
Nov 27th, 2006, 06:53 PM
Anything by Emperor is pure greatness.

Haute
Nov 28th, 2006, 12:08 AM
I also highly recommend Anna Nalick. Most people probably only know her through her song "Breathe (2 am)", but she also has a great edgy side to her music that reminds me a lot of Dolores O'Riordan. 'Consider This,' 'In My Head,' and 'Citadel' are my personal favorites of hers.

Also, Rufus Wainwright, but if you don't know of Rufus then shame on you. :p

skanky~skanketta
Nov 28th, 2006, 12:45 AM
I also highly recommend Anna Nalick. Most people probably only know her through her song "Breathe (2 am)", but she also has a great edgy side to her music that reminds me a lot of Dolores O'Riordan. 'Consider This,' 'In My Head,' and 'Citadel' are my personal favorites of hers.

Also, Rufus Wainwright, but if you don't know of Rufus then shame on you. :p
that's the only song by anna that i know (breathe)...and i always wonder. when does she breathe during the song?

Haute
Nov 28th, 2006, 12:48 AM
Never. She follows in Fiona Apple's style of never breathing. ;)