PDA

View Full Version : What Sport are you good at?

Staticbeef
Nov 26th, 2006, 09:37 PM
Interested to know how many athletes post here. I ran Track 200, 400, 800 meters, also The mile if needed. I played Football (American) Strong Safety, Baseball and Basketball. Was looking at a scholarship to Ohio State (Track) opted to go into the military instead, did go back to school when I returned and ran track at Syracuse University. I used Tennis to stay in shape.:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

IceHock
Nov 26th, 2006, 09:38 PM
I'm good at hockey, reigning MVP of my league, as a goalie, it'll be hard this year as other coaches are already looking at me in scrimmages and know where to shoot on me.

Sally Struthers
Nov 26th, 2006, 09:41 PM
shopping and golf!

Kart
Nov 26th, 2006, 09:44 PM
Chess.

Craigy
Nov 26th, 2006, 09:45 PM
Tennis :lol:

Viktymise
Nov 26th, 2006, 09:47 PM
tennis :p

Brooklyn90
Nov 26th, 2006, 09:51 PM
tennis :) that's it

fufuqifuqishahah
Nov 26th, 2006, 09:52 PM
I'm good at hockey, reigning MVP of my league, as a goalie, it'll be hard this year as other coaches are already looking at me in scrimmages and know where to shoot on me.

never knew that about u danfan, that's awesome :wavey: :D :worship:

klok
Nov 26th, 2006, 09:52 PM
Aussie Rules football and cricket. That being said I am taking this season off cricket so I can be better prepared for the next Aussie Rules season.

!<blocparty>!
Nov 26th, 2006, 09:55 PM
I was one of the top athletes in my year.... not so much in the individual events but a good all-rounder. :cool: Viva pentathlon.

My best events were:

Standing long jump. (still hold the school record :angel: )
Standing high jump (hold two school records :angel: )
Long jump.
800M.
110M hurdles.

Other sports:

Swimming.
Hockey.
Basketball.

Has anyone ever heard of speed bounce?

http://www.habs-monmouth.org/userImages/hmsg/H0606_9343.jpg

They stopped it after year 10 but it was THE SHIT. :smoke:

Sports I was/am HOPELESS at :help::

Rugby :help:
Football :help:

IceHock
Nov 26th, 2006, 10:00 PM
never knew that about u danfan, that's awesome :wavey: :D :worship:

Thanks for that. My first game is tomorrow, i'll keep yah guys posted :)

TF Chipmunk
Nov 26th, 2006, 10:03 PM
I was one of the top athletes in my year.... not so much in the individual events but a good all-rounder. :cool: Viva pentathlon.

My best events were:

Standing long jump. (still hold the school record :angel: )
Standing high jump (hold two school records :angel: )
Long jump.
800M.
110M hurdles.

Other sports:

Swimming.
Hockey.
Basketball.

Has anyone ever heard of speed bounce?

http://www.habs-monmouth.org/userImages/hmsg/H0606_9343.jpg

They stopped it after year 10 but it was THE SHIT. :smoke:

Sports I was/am HOPELESS at :help::

Rugby :help:
Football :help::hearts:

I play tennis and volleyball ;) I've also coached little girls play volleyball two years now. This year we won the city championships :drool:

kiwifan
Nov 26th, 2006, 10:15 PM
High School: Soccer, Tennis and whatever we did in Gym Class (I'm a competitive nut with anything from a jump rope to a hockey stick - they're banning dodge ball because of guys like me :devil: )

College: Soccer, Tennis and Rugby for the school. Volleyball, "Pentathalon", Football, Indoor Soccer and Hockey Intramurals.

Law School: Rugby for the school. Soccer and Softball rec league. Soccer, Football, Hockey, Volleyball, Hoops and whatever the Law School needed an extra player for in Intramurals - we were Frat Boy Killers :lol:

Now: its just Rugby (sometimes normal, sometimes "old boy" events), a little "pick up" soccer and S/V Tennis almost every weekend that I'm not playing Rugby.

Future: When my legs don't work anymore...Golf and Darts ;)

Staticbeef
Nov 26th, 2006, 11:39 PM
I am impressed, people that engage in competitive sports can well understand what "Being in the Zone" means I was in the Twilight Zone yesterday playing Touch football with a gang of issssh talkers, God it feels good to be in the Zone, and kick ass.:lick:

TF Chipmunk
Nov 26th, 2006, 11:57 PM
I am impressed, people that engage in competitive sports can well understand what "Being in the Zone" means I was in the Twilight Zone yesterday playing Touch football with a gang of issssh talkers, God it feels good to be in the Zone, and kick ass.:lick:I get scared when I'm in the zone for tennis because my adrenaline's just so high I can barely feel my feet touch the ground :unsure:

kiwifan
Nov 27th, 2006, 12:02 AM
I am impressed, people that engage in competitive sports can well understand what "Being in the Zone" means I was in the Twilight Zone yesterday playing Touch football with a gang of issssh talkers, God it feels good to be in the Zone, and kick ass.:lick:

Yeah trash talkers really piss me off :angel:...

...oh wait :scratch:...

playa thread...:devil:

On the more serious tip, anything that I absolutly can't do...

...I tend to be captivated by,

#1 is pole vaulting (blows my mind when I see someone do it at any level and

#2 is gymnastics (I can tumble some of the other things like parallel bars) the uneven bars blow me away, the guys on the rings and anytime someone flips multiple times is just :worship: to me...

...I'm jealous as hell. :feiry:

égalité
Nov 27th, 2006, 12:03 AM
Tennis!

Staticbeef
Nov 27th, 2006, 12:09 AM
I get scared when I'm in the zone for tennis because my adrenaline's just so high I can barely feel my feet touch the ground :unsure:

I feel you on that!!!! Maybe this altered state (Being in the Zone) warrants some research, I sustained some minor injuries but din't feel a thing until everything was over and it was time to "warm down" :eek: :eek: :eek:

kiwifan
Nov 27th, 2006, 12:21 AM
I feel you on that!!!! Maybe this altered state (Being in the Zone) warrants some research, I sustained some minor injuries but din't feel a thing until everything was over and it was time to "warm down" :eek: :eek: :eek:

Sometimes when I think about games I've played in the past or if I'm chasing after/running from people; minor injuries disappear for a while; same thing when I chasing down a drop shot, I don't even feel my legs moving I just flow to the ball - the rush is the reason why I'm still limping around colliding into people "for fun". :cool:

Staticbeef
Nov 27th, 2006, 12:33 AM
Sometimes when I think about games I've played in the past or if I'm chasing after/running from people; minor injuries disappear for a while; same thing when I chasing down a drop shot, I don't even feel my legs moving I just flow to the ball - the rush is the reason why I'm still limping around colliding into people "for fun". :cool:

Yup, another thing that happens is that so-called second wind, where it is almost impossible to breathe and you heart feels like it will bust, then you get that second wind and suddenly you are Superman/woman all over again.

TF Chipmunk
Nov 27th, 2006, 12:38 AM
Yup, another thing that happens is that so-called second wind, where it is almost impossible to breathe and you heart feels like it will bust, then you get that second wind and suddenly you are Superman/woman all over again.Second winds always come too little too late for me during matches :o

Haute
Nov 27th, 2006, 12:48 AM
Although I hate the sport with a passion, I'm a natural talent at golf. Same with track, I was always told that I should have run for my high school team because I have the perfect build for it, but I hate running. Why run when you can walk? :p

Played tennis for a year and a half in high school, I was decent at it, not all that good really.

kiwifan
Nov 27th, 2006, 01:17 AM
Yup, another thing that happens is that so-called second wind, where it is almost impossible to breathe and you heart feels like it will bust, then you get that second wind and suddenly you are Superman/woman all over again.

Just before a rugby match, on the field waiting for the ball to come to me for the first time, I'm always hyperventilating until the ball is in my hands. It instantly calms me down.

The other thing that calms me down is the first time someone knocks me on my ass :lol:, I guess catching the ball or getting up and realizing I'm still in one piece after a hit are the two things I live my life for :shrug:

When you were a strong safety, did you ever have one of those hits where you caught the guy just right and he goes flying and it feels like he only weighed 20 lbs when you were going through him? :devil:

I think I've figured it out over the years; when you catch a guy as his legs are crossing while he's sprinting...I don't think either foot is touching the ground so he just goes flying head over feet if you catch him right. :smoke:

One of my bosses played minor college football (Div 1 but not a "football factory") and his claim to fame is he 'ear holed' The Boz, of course by the time The Boz got up he was safely on his way to the sideline (hiding behind the bench) :haha:

CrossCourt~Rally
Nov 27th, 2006, 01:20 AM
Volleyball , Tennis and Badmitton . But i can play most sports pretty well. The only one i have really sucked at is Basketball. :tape:

Haute
Nov 27th, 2006, 01:30 AM
Volleyball , Tennis and Badmitton . But i can play most sports pretty well. The only one i have really sucked at is Basketball. :tape:

That sounds a lot like me, except add bowling to basketball for sports I really suck at....I can't bowl to save my life. :lol:

fufuqifuqishahah
Nov 27th, 2006, 01:32 AM
im rly good at hitting things.

Andy.
Nov 27th, 2006, 01:33 AM
Tennis and Swimming

SzavayFi
Nov 27th, 2006, 01:48 AM
I am good at tennis. ;) But Im an athletic person, I played football, basketball, soccer, all that back in the day and I still do recreationally. Baseball can be a problem to me sometimes :o

Lefty.
Nov 27th, 2006, 02:10 AM
Tennis first for me. Then golf, and girls baseball. I sometimes play soccer, but i'm not a good dribbler at all, i'm much better at bouncing the ball off my head/chest/thighs. But i'm goalie most of the time.

Staticbeef
Nov 27th, 2006, 03:22 AM
[QUOTE=kiwifan;9551726]When you were a strong safety, did you ever have one of those hits where you caught the guy just right and he goes flying and it feels like he only weighed 20 lbs when you were going through him? :devil:

:tape: I remember one particular game, it was a return match with a team that had buried us earlier in the season. I had taken a lot of verbal abuse from the wide receivers, running backs and even the tight end got in my case, the tight end was especially abusive and said some pretty vile things about my family and me lovely MUM. We were overmatched and I was powerless to do anything about it, so I took my lumps and the shutout loss like a man. I knew we would have to face this team again later in the season so I obtained a picture of the tight end made copies and plotted his demise, we still lost the rematch, but I got mine, I was so amp ed up and mission focused that I sent that poor tight end (tight end was at least 100 lbs heavier than me) to the local hospital, he was not prepared for my revenge fueled fury and lasted only 2 offensive series. So we have adrenaline rush, second winds, and now obsessive revenge that can be the catalyst for another form of "altered state" that could lead to some pretty abnormal behavior and show of strength.:fiery:

kiwifan
Nov 27th, 2006, 03:44 AM
So we have adrenaline rush, second winds, and now obsessive revenge that can be the catalyst for another form of "altered state" that could lead to some pretty abnormal behavior and show of strength.:fiery:

The dirtiest player of all time, Conrad Dobler (read his book) made his career off of "obsessive revenge" strength. By no measurable abilities did he belong in the NFL. But because he was so destructive (as in EVIL) he had a fairly long career.

He used any slight; the colleges of the Linemen he was blocking, where they were drafted, whether the team passed on drafting him and he'd even make things up to fill himself with hatred going into a game.

For me there are two kinds of dirty, late hit dirty (which is fine with me) and then there's Conrad dirty - biting, going for knees and eyes, etc.

But when you brought up obsessive revenge his name was the first to enter Me Brain. :lol:

miss_molik
Nov 27th, 2006, 03:46 AM
Basketball and Tennis

Dementieva_Dude
Nov 27th, 2006, 04:13 AM
I played competitive tennis for 13 years, including singles and doubles all five years of high school (we had 5 years of high school in Ontario), was on the volleyball team from grade 4 until the end of high school, and I ran the 400m for a few years. I started playing golf a few years ago...I find it relaxing. I'm lucky because I seem to be coordinated enough to pick up most sports fairly quickly.

No Name Face
Nov 27th, 2006, 04:13 AM
i think i'm a moderate athlete. if i put the effort in, i can be good at almost any sport (except soccer and baseball) but never excel. it's like those people who have to study really hard to do well in school --- i never had to do that, but i have to do it with sports.

i'd say my best sports are tennis, ping pong, track (200m/400m) and volleyball. i was pretty decent at basketball when i was a kid, but i sorta lost it.

quasar
Nov 27th, 2006, 04:20 AM
Tic-tac-toe.

Cheers,

Carlos

G1Player2
Nov 27th, 2006, 04:23 AM
I am good at football! But, I wish i was better at basketball :sad: I swear people think most black guys, (where I live at least) are sensational at basketball but I'm not. I wish I was though. I need to start practicing again but don't think all black guys are naturally gifted in the sport of basketball. Some, including me, have to work extremely hard to be good at it. I am also solid in baseball as well. :)

G1Player2
Nov 27th, 2006, 04:24 AM
i think i'm a moderate athlete. if i put the effort in, i can be good at almost any sport (except soccer and baseball) but never excel. it's like those people who have to study really hard to do well in school --- i never had to do that, but i have to do it with sports.

i'd say my best sports are tennis, ping pong, track (200m/400m) and volleyball. i was pretty decent at basketball when i was a kid, but i sorta lost it.

Another realization of self-promotion I see. Nice :yeah:

No Name Face
Nov 27th, 2006, 04:27 AM
Another realization of self-promotion I see. Nice :yeah:

context. :D

G1Player2
Nov 27th, 2006, 04:32 AM
context. :D

Okay Mr. Smarty Pants, I have been procrastinating with my Bio paper and the topic is "Health Care policies of preventing spread of STD's" maybe you could help me or know something I don't? :p

NyCPsU
Nov 27th, 2006, 05:06 AM
im very good at soccer, played it my whole life... i come from a big soccer family, all of us are good...my brother is the only exception, he does long and triple jump in high school and is getting offers from division one schools for it. My sister is only a soph in high school but some colleges are showing interest in her already for soccer, mostly villanova and u of virginia so far. Unfortunately for me soccer ended after high school but i still play on like intramural teams at school.

stevos
Nov 27th, 2006, 05:28 AM

This is exactly how I would describe myself, wow. Except Basketball is my best sport, other than tennis. But ping-pong, and those two tracks, and volleyball I am best at. The school thing applies too. wierd.

drake3781
Nov 27th, 2006, 05:47 AM
Competitive swimming.

Specialites:

Distance free, breaststroke, and 200 IM.

Mr.Kardashian
Nov 27th, 2006, 07:26 AM
competitive swimming also in particulat freestyle sprints, backstroke middle distance, and 200 medley.....

also play representative basketball.... tennis..... long distance athletics, (800m to 5000m)

~Carsten~
Nov 27th, 2006, 07:30 AM
Tennis, Basketball, American Football (not so good, but I love to play), Volleyball, Badminton and Table Tennis.

Langers
Nov 27th, 2006, 07:38 AM
Aussie Rules football and cricket. That being said I am taking this season off cricket so I can be better prepared for the next Aussie Rules season.
Cool. :yeah: What position you play?

Anyway I'm good at tennis and cricket, not bad at aussie rules either.

Princeza
Nov 27th, 2006, 07:45 AM
tennis volley ball & generally sports with rackets

mandy7
Nov 27th, 2006, 07:48 AM
football,
table tennis,
football,
cycling,
football,
swimming,
football,
table fussball :p

MrSerenaWilliams
Nov 27th, 2006, 07:50 AM
Basketball, American Football, Euro Football, Tennis, Volleyball, Track, Baseball....:scratch: I think that's it

*edit
Ping-Pong (not a REAL sport)
Gymnastics
Ice Skating

Maryamator
Nov 27th, 2006, 12:01 PM
tennis, football(soccer),and i run:D:p hhahaa:p, and table tennis... if u call that a sport:p

Fratellie
Nov 27th, 2006, 12:14 PM
football, tennis, rugby, basketball, athletics (esp. long jump and high jump), swimming, table tennis, bowling, mini golf :D

-sugi-
Nov 27th, 2006, 12:17 PM
swimming and running (3km, 5km and 10km)

WhatTheDeuce
Nov 27th, 2006, 12:25 PM
Ping pong, tennis, basketball.

:cool:

geoepee
Nov 27th, 2006, 01:28 PM
i'm a competitive fencer, any other fencers here? :)

Barrie_Dude
Nov 27th, 2006, 04:42 PM
I was a decent tennis player in my day. Played at South Carolina. I was okay at Golf and softball. and a good bowler.

oliverbecken
Nov 27th, 2006, 04:45 PM
FRONTENIS!!! (I´m not sure the translate in english)

Kunal
Nov 27th, 2006, 07:08 PM
table tennis i kickass in

track and field if u consider that......won silver in my 4 by 100 and 4 by 400 relays ;-)

squash

timafi
Nov 27th, 2006, 07:15 PM
started tennis at 5:yeah:
vball:D
judo after i broke 5 fingers i said enough:sobbing: :help: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
badminton:yeah:
played a little bit of football not american but football football:D

samsung101
Nov 27th, 2006, 07:28 PM
Good at?

None.

Decent at?

None.

Terrible at?

Pretty much all of them...but, I'll try if nothing else.

Bad tennis player.
Bad jogger.
Bad volleyball player.

I walk well.
I excel at that.

~CANUCK~
Nov 27th, 2006, 07:43 PM
Bowling, thats about it :)

timafi
Nov 27th, 2006, 07:44 PM
Good at?

None.

Decent at?

None.

Terrible at?

Pretty much all of them...but, I'll try if nothing else.

Bad tennis player.
Bad jogger.
Bad volleyball player.

I walk well.
I excel at that.

expected of you really:rolleyes: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dexter
Nov 27th, 2006, 07:50 PM
I'm not that good but I do love swimming. :)

akab
Nov 27th, 2006, 11:12 PM
My best sports are squash, tennis,football, Muay Thai, bicycling ...and i like motor sports, i love Karting:drive: i'm not so good but i love it:p

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Nov 27th, 2006, 11:18 PM
I love almost every sport. My favorites to watch are: F1, Soccer and Tennis.
In the I did tennis and soccer, but I'm not that good in it. I only have talent for chess and I'm doing it since I was 8.

No Name Face
Nov 27th, 2006, 11:57 PM
This is exactly how I would describe myself, wow. Except Basketball is my best sport, other than tennis. But ping-pong, and those two tracks, and volleyball I am best at. The school thing applies too. wierd.

:)

Okay Mr. Smarty Pants, I have been procrastinating with my Bio paper and the topic is "Health Care policies of preventing spread of STD's" maybe you could help me or know something I don't? :p

if that was my assignment, then i'd do the research and probably get an A on the paper. i said i'm good at school, i'm no genius. :p