PDA

View Full Version : does anyone have a Zune?

Sally Struthers
Nov 25th, 2006, 04:34 PM
does anyone have a Zune? I was thinking about buying one. The bigger screen looks nice.. or maybe I should just get an ipod .

What do you think?

Edward.
Nov 25th, 2006, 05:11 PM
Anything by Microsoft is shit.

Get an iPod.

Wigglytuff
Nov 25th, 2006, 05:13 PM
god i hope not. the zune is ass. there are plenty of great players out there today.

Reckoner
Nov 25th, 2006, 05:26 PM
Anything by Microsoft is shit.

Get an iPod.

1/2 :p

I wouldn't get either. Microsoft and Apple are both pretty terrible.

Go with a Creative. You get more space for less and they don't look too bad either. :)

Wigglytuff
Nov 25th, 2006, 06:43 PM

Go with a Creative. You get more space for less and they don't look too bad either. :)
by apple i will take it you mean the ipod. its always amuzes me when people say the ipod sucks. the reason almost always has to do with the lack of native radio support. its like saying my 17in 2.16 core duo laptop sucks because it doesnt have a record player. :haha:

i am not saying thats your reason, its just that your post made me think of that.

Stamp Paid
Nov 25th, 2006, 06:46 PM
I hope someone has it so they can say how good/bad it is. :unsure: I think thats going to be my X-Mas present.

Edward.
Nov 25th, 2006, 06:57 PM

I dunno why people bag on the iPod :shrug:

For me, the single reason the iPod is so awesome and so popular is the navigation. Finding songs quickly is the easiest thing in the world with the scroll wheel. You can do it one handed with your eyes closed.

Creatives are good, but navigating, for me, is tougher.

controlfreak
Nov 25th, 2006, 07:03 PM
they are all shit... and so are the people that use them. :ras:

Wigglytuff
Nov 25th, 2006, 07:07 PM
I hope someone has it so they can say how good/bad it is. :unsure: I think thats going to be my X-Mas present.

the zune?

you cant be serious. if you are i would read up on what people are saying about it: hint its universally bad.

Stamp Paid
Nov 25th, 2006, 07:23 PM
the zune?

you cant be serious. if you are i would read up on what people are saying about it: hint its universally bad.

Yeah, I've read some stuff. I have an iPod but my mom wants it, so shes gonna get me a Zune I think and expect me to give her the iPod. Black people! :mad:

Wigglytuff
Nov 25th, 2006, 07:28 PM
this is what cnet has to say.

The good: The Microsoft Zune has very good playback performance of audio, video, and photos; intuitive and colorful interface; good FM radio with RDS; works well with Zune Marketplace software; integrated wireless allows sharing of songs (limited) and photos; many accessories available at launch.

what is this 1984? since when is radio and music playback enough of "good point to warrant an 8 out of 10?

The bad: The Microsoft Zune is not backward compatible with WMA-DRM9; weak native video support (cannot play protected content) and no video offerings from Zune Marketplace; cannot be used as a hard drive (and no UMS support); proprietary USB; cannot use Wi-Fi to sync, stream, or purchase content; minimal bundled accessories; no podcast directory; maximum capacity is 30GB.

each one of those bad points should be a deal breaker. particularly the lack of podcast support.

The bottom line: The Microsoft Zune with its intuitive interface and solid playback performance will please most users. But lukewarm format support and the cool but limited Wi-Fi capability will have advanced users seeking more. The Zune is a very good start, though.

5-6 years after mp3 players first hit the market do you really want something that is a "good start"

Wigglytuff
Nov 25th, 2006, 07:29 PM
Yeah, I've read some stuff. I have an iPod but my mom wants it, so shes gonna get me a Zune I think and expect me to give her the iPod. Black people! :mad:

:lol: :lol: :lol: shes got to be joking? who in their right mind would trade a working ipod for a zune? why cant you just get her an ipod nano?

Stamp Paid
Nov 25th, 2006, 07:36 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: shes got to be joking? who in their right mind would trade a working ipod for a zune? why cant you just get her an ipod nano?

Because she dont need one. :p I need to buy her something to knit with...
She just wants it to have, shes not gonna use it. She can't. What you gon do with an iPod if you aint got no computer?? :lol::lol::confused:

Wigglytuff
Nov 25th, 2006, 07:42 PM
Because she dont need one. :p I need to buy her something to knit with...
She just wants it to have, shes not gonna use it. She can't. What you gon do with an iPod if you aint got no computer?? :lol::lol::confused:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: holy shit you have me cracking up over here!!! holy shit!!! damn! :haha: :haha: :haha:

ok sorry its just funny. yeah i vote that she doesnt need an ipod or a zune.

as for things to knit with. i suggest the clover bamboo knitting needles. they are on sale at joann.com for like 30-40% off and priced at $3.99-$6.99 a pair depending on the size.

clover bamboo are the Mercedes-Benz of knitting needles.

Stamp Paid
Nov 25th, 2006, 07:54 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: holy shit you have me cracking up over here!!! holy shit!!! damn! :haha: :haha: :haha:

ok sorry its just funny. yeah i vote that she doesnt need an ipod or a zune.

as for things to knit with. i suggest the clover bamboo knitting needles. they are on sale at joann.com for like 30-40% off and priced at $3.99-$6.99 a pair depending on the size.

clover bamboo are the Mercedes-Benz of knitting needles.

i knew you would know!! :D:bounce::p
See there, I did get something from this thread.

Wigglytuff
Nov 25th, 2006, 08:03 PM
i knew you would know!! :D:bounce::p
See there, I did get something from this thread.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

i am knitting right now in between posts :lol: :lol:

if you dont know what sizes she has get her this
http://www.joann.com/catalog.jhtml?CATID=82322&PRODID=82533

it has SEVEN sets of clover bamboo needles for $27.99 plus free shipping. @ 3.85$ a pair plus free shipping and a free carry case you are not going to find a better deal on or off the internet.

:bounce: :bounce:

!<blocparty>!
Nov 25th, 2006, 08:31 PM
The Zune can't be anymore unreliable than an iPod now, can it? :tape: But I wouldn't buy any other MP3 player. Apple own the market. :cool:

http://blogs.zdnet.com/images/zune_triple_1.jpg

It looks pretty cool.

new-york
Nov 26th, 2006, 12:07 AM
it looks good.:hearts:

No Name Face
Nov 26th, 2006, 12:28 AM
ipods suck, but i mean...i have one. i don't want a zune.