PDA

View Full Version : Police kill groom leaving bachelor party, reports say

Infiniti2001
Nov 25th, 2006, 03:16 PM
NEW YORK (AP) -- Officers shot three people who had just left a bachelor party outside a Queens strip club early Saturday morning, leaving the groom dead on the day of his wedding, according to reports from police and witnesses.

The shooting happened just after 4 a.m. near Club Kalua, said Officer Kathleen Price, a police department spokeswoman.

"All I know, they was celebrating," said Denise Ford, who said her son was one of the surviving shooting victims. She said the man who died was the groom. "The guy was getting married today."

The man who died was taken to Jamaica Hospital Medical Center, said Sgt. Mike Wysokowski, another police spokesman. The other two were taken to Mary Immaculate Hospital nearby, with one in critical condition and the other stable. They ranged in age from 23 to 31 years old.

"They weren't rowdy or nothing like that," said Roy Brown, 57, of Queens, who said he works as a photographer at the club.

Price said there were no reports that officers were wounded in the incident.

It was not clear what sparked the shooting. A message seeking comment was left at one phone listing for the club; another went unanswered.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/11/25/nyc.shooting.ap/index.html

Wigglytuff
Nov 25th, 2006, 03:21 PM
what the fuck!!

can you post more details as they become available?

skanky~skanketta
Nov 25th, 2006, 03:31 PM
i feel really really awful for the bride-to-be.

timafi
Nov 25th, 2006, 03:31 PM
:speakles: :speakles: :speakles: :speakles: :speakles: :speakles: :speakles:
poor guy and the bride :sobbing: :sobbing: :sobbing: :sobbing:

controlfreak
Nov 25th, 2006, 07:07 PM
good. I wish more people would die every day, I am sure it would make my life easier in some immeasurably small way.

mykarma
Nov 25th, 2006, 07:11 PM
NEW YORK (AP) -- Officers shot three people who had just left a bachelor party outside a Queens strip club early Saturday morning, leaving the groom dead on the day of his wedding, according to reports from police and witnesses.

The shooting happened just after 4 a.m. near Club Kalua, said Officer Kathleen Price, a police department spokeswoman.

"All I know, they was celebrating," said Denise Ford, who said her son was one of the surviving shooting victims. She said the man who died was the groom. "The guy was getting married today."

The man who died was taken to Jamaica Hospital Medical Center, said Sgt. Mike Wysokowski, another police spokesman. The other two were taken to Mary Immaculate Hospital nearby, with one in critical condition and the other stable. They ranged in age from 23 to 31 years old.

"They weren't rowdy or nothing like that," said Roy Brown, 57, of Queens, who said he works as a photographer at the club.

Price said there were no reports that officers were wounded in the incident.

It was not clear what sparked the shooting. A message seeking comment was left at one phone listing for the club; another went unanswered.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/11/25/nyc.shooting.ap/index.html
This is horrible. I feel so sad for the families. Last night I was at the mosr wonderful engagement party for one of my best friends daughter. I can only imagine the pain that we would feel if something like that would happen to my friends future son-in-law. I really don't think the bride to be could handle it.

What makes this worse this such a tragic incident is that they have two children. I don't even know if the fiancee and kids will be able to get the victims social security since they're not married.

So sad.

Rocketta
Nov 25th, 2006, 09:56 PM
This is horrible. I feel so sad for the families. Last night I was at the mosr wonderful engagement party for one of my best friends daughter. I can only imagine the pain that we would feel if something like that would happen to my friends future son-in-law. I really don't think the bride to be could handle it.

What makes this worse this such a tragic incident is that they have two children. I don't even know if the fiancee and kids will be able to get the victims social security since they're not married.

So sad.

What's even sadder is that it just might be another mistaken identity death. :tears:

Staticbeef
Nov 25th, 2006, 10:11 PM
Contagious fire the culprit according to early reports (By Police) The groom is already dead, another of the party is critical and the last member guarded.

Rocketta
Nov 25th, 2006, 10:19 PM
Contagious fire the culprit according to early reports (By Police) The groom is already dead, another of the party is critical and the last member guarded.

What does that mean? :confused:

Staticbeef
Nov 25th, 2006, 10:26 PM
What does that mean? :confused:
:sad: :confused: Basically, Rocketa it means that when one member of the police department starts shooting the rest join in because of fear. The investigation is in progress as we post. It was done in the wrong neighborhood:fiery: , the people of Jamaica, NY have a strong community presence and am sure are already observing the investigation that is still ongoing.

Rocketta
Nov 25th, 2006, 10:34 PM
:sad: :confused: Basically, Rocketa it means that when one member of the police department starts shooting the rest join in because of fear. The investigation is in progress as we post. It was done in the wrong neighborhood:fiery: , the people of Jamaica, NY have a strong community presence and am sure are already observing the investigation that is still ongoing.

ah, I see. :(

lizchris
Nov 25th, 2006, 10:54 PM
Both of the surviving shooting victims, one of whom is in critical condition and was shot 17 times, were handcuffed to their beds until Al Sharpton demanded to know why and they were unshackled.

Rocketta
Nov 25th, 2006, 10:56 PM
but what or who were the police looking for and for what crime.

Staticbeef
Nov 25th, 2006, 10:59 PM
Ok, from the little bit of info that is trickling through the news, it stems from a car accident with the car the bachelor party was in and an unmarked police van.

Mattographer
Nov 25th, 2006, 11:01 PM
This absolutely no make sense to me! :confused: Why would police shot them for?

lizchris
Nov 25th, 2006, 11:03 PM
but what or who were the police looking for and for what crime.

Supposedly the undercover cops were in the club looking for prostitutes and illegal drugs. That doesn't explain why the men were shot.

Rocketta
Nov 25th, 2006, 11:07 PM
Ok, from the little bit of info that is trickling through the news, it stems from a car accident with the car the bachelor party was in and an unmarked police van.

So it's possible that the police shot them because of a hit and run? :fiery:

Staticbeef
Nov 25th, 2006, 11:10 PM
So it's possible that the police shot them because of a hit and run? :fiery:

Doubt it, since the images on the local news show the two cars next to each other like they just had an accident. Reports say the Police shot into the car, no weapons found.

Wannabeknowitall
Nov 25th, 2006, 11:10 PM
Positive or negative remarks aren't going to help what will likely happen in NYC after a case like this.
The police will not be blame. The club will be blamed and that means more gentleman's clubs or spotty areas will be closed in NYC.

Rocketta
Nov 25th, 2006, 11:11 PM
Doubt it, since the images on the local news show the two cars next to each other like they just had an accident. Reports say the Police shot into the car, no weapons found.

:speakles:

No Name Face
Nov 25th, 2006, 11:12 PM
they don't call it killa queenz for nothing. :sad:

RIP

Mattographer
Nov 25th, 2006, 11:13 PM
If police want confirm something from those guys then they shouldn't shot them in first place :rolleyes:

MrSerenaWilliams
Nov 25th, 2006, 11:45 PM
:sobbing: :sad: :rain: I'm shocked and GROSSLY saddened

Selah
Nov 25th, 2006, 11:56 PM
When will it stop? I am beginning to wonder if these police officers are being properly trained :confused: I have a great respect for law enforcement and understand the adrenaline, heightened state that these men and women must be in when approaching situations of danger/crime ect but too often it seems like they are more than wreckless with the lives of so-called minorities. :(

mykarma
Nov 26th, 2006, 03:36 AM
When will it stop? I am beginning to wonder if these police officers are being properly trained :confused: I have a great respect for law enforcement and understand the adrenaline, heightened state that these men and women must be in when approaching situations of danger/crime ect but too often it seems like they are more than wreckless with the lives of so-called minorities. :(

N.Y. police kill groom near strip club
By ADAM GOLDMAN, Associated Press Writer 1 hour, 2 minutes ago
NEW YORK - Police fired 50 rounds Saturday at a car of unarmed men leaving a bachelor party at a strip club, killing the groom on his wedding day in a shooting that drew a furious outcry from family members and community leaders.

The spray of bullets hit the car 21 times, after the vehicle rammed into an undercover officer and then an unmarked NYPD minivan twice, police said. Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly would not say if the collisions were what prompted police to open fire.

It was too early to say whether the shooting was justified, Kelly said.
Police thought one of the men in the car might have had a gun. But police found no weapons.

"Although it is too early to draw conclusions about this morning's shootings ... we know that the NYPD officers on the scene had reason to believe that an altercation involving a firearm was about to happen and were trying to stop it," Mayor Michael Bloomberg said in a statement.

Kelly said the incident stemmed from an undercover operation inside the strip club. Seven officers in plain clothes were investigating the Kalua Cabaret, and five were involved in the shooting. The gunfire also hit nearby homes and a train station, though no residents were injured.

A veteran officer fired his weapon 31 times, emptying two full magazines, Kelly said. All the officers carried 9 mm handguns.
The groom, who was driving, was identified as Sean Bell, 23. Joseph Guzman, 31, was in the front seat and was shot at least 11 times. Trent Benefield, 23, who was in the back seat, was hit three times. Both men were taken to Mary Immaculate Hospital. Guzman was listed in critical condition and Benefield was in stable condition.
Kelly said there may have been a fourth person in the car who fled the scene.

Three officers, including the officer hit by the car, were treated and released. Another detective remained hospitalized for blood pressure, Kelly said.
Abraham Kamara, 38, who lives a few blocks from the club, said he was getting ready for work at about 4 a.m. when he heard bursts of gunfire.
"First it was like four shots," he said. "And then it was like pop-pop-pop like 12 times."

A grand jury was investigating the incident. Kelly said none of the five veteran officers had ever discharged their weapons in the line of duty. He has not been able to interview the officers because the district attorney must first complete an investigation, he said.
The undercover officers were inside the club to document illicit activity, Kelly said. With one more violation the club would be shut down, Kelly said.
He said the establishment has a "chronic history of narcotics, prostitution and weapons complaints."
The shooting drew angry protests from family members and the Rev.
Al Sharpton (http://search.news.yahoo.com/search/news/?p=Al+Sharpton).
Sharpton went to the hospitals where the men were taken and afterward held news conferences. At Jamaica Hospital, the civil rights advocate stood with about two dozen members of Bell's and his fiancee's family.
"I will stand with this family," he said. "This stinks. Something about the story being told did not seem right."
Sharpton said Bell and his fiancee had two children, ages 3 years and 5 months.

At Mary Immaculate Hospital, Sharpton said he was outraged to find the survivors handcuffed to their hospital beds. He said Guzman suffered 17 wounds, though it was unclear how many were bullet wounds, and Benefield was shot three times.

"We're not anti-police ... we're anti-police brutality," he said.
Robert Porter, who identified himself as Bell's first cousin, said he was supposed to be a DJ at the wedding. He said about 250 people were invited and were flying in from all over the country. He said his cousin wasn't the type to confront police and that he was "on the straight and narrow."
"I still don't want to believe it," Porter said, "a beautiful day like this, and he was going to have a beautiful wedding, he was going to live forever with his wife and children. And this happened."

In 1999, police killed Amadou Diallo, an unarmed West African immigrant who was shot 19 times in the Bronx. The four officers in that case were acquitted of criminal charges.
And in 2003, Ousmane Zongo, 43, a native of the western African country of Burkina Faso who repaired art and musical instruments in a Manhattan warehouse, was shot to death during a police raid. Zongo was hit four times, twice in the back.

Wigglytuff
Nov 26th, 2006, 04:04 AM
talk about excessive. what the fuck!!! when you have a car accident you get up and exchange insurance info you dont fire 50 rounds!!!!

mykarma
Nov 26th, 2006, 04:15 AM
talk about excessive. what the fuck!!! when you have a car accident you get up and exchange insurance info you dont fire 50 rounds!!!!
They didn't give a damn who they shot. Shooting peoples houses, in the train station or where ever the bullets happen to land. This shit is happeining all over this country because nothing ever happen to the cops. If they get any time, they're out in a few months because of some technicality.

Wigglytuff
Nov 26th, 2006, 04:39 AM
They didn't give a damn who they shot. Shooting peoples houses, in the train station or where ever the bullets happen to land. This shit is happeining all over this country because nothing ever happen to the cops. If they get any time, they're out in a few months because of some technicality.

basically :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery:

mykarma
Nov 26th, 2006, 04:54 AM
Positive or negative remarks aren't going to help what will likely happen in NYC after a case like this.
The police will not be blame. The club will be blamed and that means more gentleman's clubs or spotty areas will be closed in NYC.
Ain't that the truth. It's the same MO.

gentenaire
Nov 26th, 2006, 08:44 AM
"Although it is too early to draw conclusions about this morning's shootings ... we know that the NYPD officers on the scene had reason to believe that an altercation involving a firearm was about to happen and were trying to stop it," Mayor Michael Bloomberg said in a statement..

It's like trying to prevent a war by starting one.

We thought there might be a shootout, so to stop it, we started shooting.

Selah
Nov 26th, 2006, 10:37 AM
Shameful, no matter how you spin it.

N.Y. police kill groom near strip club
By ADAM GOLDMAN, Associated Press Writer 1 hour, 2 minutes ago
NEW YORK - Police fired 50 rounds Saturday at a car of unarmed men leaving a bachelor party at a strip club, killing the groom on his wedding day in a shooting that drew a furious outcry from family members and community leaders.

The spray of bullets hit the car 21 times, after the vehicle rammed into an undercover officer and then an unmarked NYPD minivan twice, police said. Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly would not say if the collisions were what prompted police to open fire.

It was too early to say whether the shooting was justified, Kelly said.
Police thought one of the men in the car might have had a gun. But police found no weapons.

"Although it is too early to draw conclusions about this morning's shootings ... we know that the NYPD officers on the scene had reason to believe that an altercation involving a firearm was about to happen and were trying to stop it," Mayor Michael Bloomberg said in a statement.

Kelly said the incident stemmed from an undercover operation inside the strip club. Seven officers in plain clothes were investigating the Kalua Cabaret, and five were involved in the shooting. The gunfire also hit nearby homes and a train station, though no residents were injured.

A veteran officer fired his weapon 31 times, emptying two full magazines, Kelly said. All the officers carried 9 mm handguns.
The groom, who was driving, was identified as Sean Bell, 23. Joseph Guzman, 31, was in the front seat and was shot at least 11 times. Trent Benefield, 23, who was in the back seat, was hit three times. Both men were taken to Mary Immaculate Hospital. Guzman was listed in critical condition and Benefield was in stable condition.
Kelly said there may have been a fourth person in the car who fled the scene.

Three officers, including the officer hit by the car, were treated and released. Another detective remained hospitalized for blood pressure, Kelly said.
Abraham Kamara, 38, who lives a few blocks from the club, said he was getting ready for work at about 4 a.m. when he heard bursts of gunfire.
"First it was like four shots," he said. "And then it was like pop-pop-pop like 12 times."

A grand jury was investigating the incident. Kelly said none of the five veteran officers had ever discharged their weapons in the line of duty. He has not been able to interview the officers because the district attorney must first complete an investigation, he said.
The undercover officers were inside the club to document illicit activity, Kelly said. With one more violation the club would be shut down, Kelly said.
He said the establishment has a "chronic history of narcotics, prostitution and weapons complaints."
The shooting drew angry protests from family members and the Rev.
Al Sharpton (http://search.news.yahoo.com/search/news/?p=Al+Sharpton).
Sharpton went to the hospitals where the men were taken and afterward held news conferences. At Jamaica Hospital, the civil rights advocate stood with about two dozen members of Bell's and his fiancee's family.
"I will stand with this family," he said. "This stinks. Something about the story being told did not seem right."
Sharpton said Bell and his fiancee had two children, ages 3 years and 5 months.

At Mary Immaculate Hospital, Sharpton said he was outraged to find the survivors handcuffed to their hospital beds. He said Guzman suffered 17 wounds, though it was unclear how many were bullet wounds, and Benefield was shot three times.

"We're not anti-police ... we're anti-police brutality," he said.
Robert Porter, who identified himself as Bell's first cousin, said he was supposed to be a DJ at the wedding. He said about 250 people were invited and were flying in from all over the country. He said his cousin wasn't the type to confront police and that he was "on the straight and narrow."
"I still don't want to believe it," Porter said, "a beautiful day like this, and he was going to have a beautiful wedding, he was going to live forever with his wife and children. And this happened."

In 1999, police killed Amadou Diallo, an unarmed West African immigrant who was shot 19 times in the Bronx. The four officers in that case were acquitted of criminal charges.
And in 2003, Ousmane Zongo, 43, a native of the western African country of Burkina Faso who repaired art and musical instruments in a Manhattan warehouse, was shot to death during a police raid. Zongo was hit four times, twice in the back.

RVD
Nov 26th, 2006, 12:48 PM
And yet more deaths by police.
This reminds of the film 'Minority Report'.

I'm curious about the guys who were shot. What ethnicity were they. I don't want to assume anything.

Veritas
Nov 26th, 2006, 12:56 PM
Proper training is a big issue, but not the only one. It's no secret chief commissioners have deep political connections and departments get their funding from them. Anything that makes their cash cows look bad is given more attention than pressing issues about civil rights. Of course it's not always the case, but it happens often enough to show just how weak those PR bullshits about "freedom" and "rights" are starting to look.

And it's no good saying that exposing more and more about what the police does will put them on a tight leash. If the community's apathetic about this (and a lot are), then knowledge won't do us much good. It's a shame that many people are only willing to take a stand if it (1) affects us financially or (2) we've experienced it personally. We can moan all we like but all the talk is ultimately a case of too little too late.

mykarma
Nov 26th, 2006, 02:00 PM

I'm curious about the guys who were shot. What ethnicity were they. I don't want to assume anything.
Sad but your assumptions are correct.

lizchris
Nov 26th, 2006, 07:10 PM

Two cops were white, two cops were black and one was Hispanic.

How much do you want to bet the cop that shot at these men 31 times was white?

harloo
Nov 26th, 2006, 07:11 PM
How sad for someone to die on their Wedding Day. Another unarmed black man shot like an animal for no apparent reason. I guess it's to be expected.:sad:

mykarma
Nov 26th, 2006, 07:16 PM

I wouldn't bet on that.

harloo
Nov 26th, 2006, 07:22 PM

It seems like they are hiring anyone these days. I was on the freeway and saw a big sign that said, "Work For the Police Department 69,000/yr". At first I thought it was a good opportunity for someone with limited education to acquire a good position but then I thought about how many inexperienced officers the advertisment would produce. :sad:

Rocketta
Nov 26th, 2006, 07:31 PM
This story just keeps getting worse. :help:

Possibly drunk cops, a cop that follows them out of the club and then gets in front of their car, the fact that the cops had more errant shots than ones that hit their target was a blessing for the guys in the car but a worrying worrying thing...what if a stray bullet hit someone else. :help:

Wigglytuff
Nov 26th, 2006, 07:32 PM
How sad for someone to die on their Wedding Day. Another unarmed black man shot like an animal for no apparent reason. I guess it's to be expected.:sad:

:sad: :sad: :sad:

Rocketta
Nov 26th, 2006, 07:34 PM

I wouldn't bet on that either. The problem in Police Departments across the nation is an institutional one. It's a virus that infects everyone that's apart of it black, White, Latino, or asian. :(

mykarma
Nov 26th, 2006, 07:38 PM
:sad: :sad: :sad:
I hate to get political but since the Republicans have been into office it seems as though this sort of thing is becoming more prevelant. I'm not saying that all Republicans are insensitive to what's going on but as always, it starts at the top.

What really fascinates me is blacks are always being accused of playing the race card. This is just plain sick. :crying2:

lizchris
Nov 27th, 2006, 02:09 PM
Well, accorcing to today's Daily News, the cop that fired his gun 31 times was white.

lakeway11
Nov 27th, 2006, 02:29 PM
the police around the country are getting to be complete scum

venus_rulez
Nov 27th, 2006, 02:34 PM
There is still much much work to be done.

BigB08822
Nov 27th, 2006, 03:06 PM
I was wondering if the cops had a little too much fun undercover and were possibly drunk? It makes sense, they missed an awful lot of times from what that article said! A car is a pretty big target to miss, especially when no one is even firing back at you!

*JR*
Nov 27th, 2006, 05:16 PM
"The officers' shots struck the men's car 21 times. They also hit nearby homes and shattered windows at a train station, though no residents were injured." (emphasis added)

In other words, ppl completely uninvolved in the whole thing could have been hit. Including little kids who could have been killed while they slept.

One reason I've never had much sympathy for Rodney King was that he easily could have killed innocent ppl while fleeing the cops @ 85 mph plus down LA streets to avoid a parole violation for having pot in his car. But cops are sworn to protect the ppl, making it even more outrageous to randomly endanger them.

samsung101
Nov 27th, 2006, 05:31 PM
The New York Post and New York Daily News have
a lot of detailed information on this today.

It appears it was an undercover operation at strip club,
where the three unarmed men were at for a bachelor party
at 4 a.m. or so.

Undercover cop. Unmarked police vehicles.

50 rounds fired, over 30 from one officer and his two guns.

It appears from all that we have to go on so far, from the cops
to the witnesses to the local community groups speaking out
against this, that it was a mistake all the way around. Can't see how
they can excuse this. Even if the car did hit the officer, it was
4 a.m., he was not in uniform, and the three men in the car have
no idea who or what this man is doing coming towards them.

It doesn't seem like the cops or city are making many excuses.
It does seem they are assuming the worst - an unnecessary and
deadly police involved shooting, that led to the death of a young man
who had done nothing wrong.

City is asking people to wait until the report and investigation are done.

lizchris
Nov 27th, 2006, 07:00 PM

at 4 a.m. or so.

You forgot to add that at least one of the cops who fired his gun had at least two beers and may have been legally drunk.

wta_zuperfann
Nov 27th, 2006, 07:51 PM

Exactly. To the fuckin' White Cops, it's a year round open season on Black men.

All the more reason why the USA should not trouble itself with overseas injustices as we have done nothing to stop such injustices here.

mentos
Nov 27th, 2006, 07:58 PM
Exactly. To the fuckin' White Cops, it's a year round open season on Black men.

All the more reason why the USA should not trouble itself with overseas injustices as we have done nothing to stop such injustices here.
The cops that were involved are all different races.

Rocketta
Nov 27th, 2006, 08:37 PM

Yeah they were which goes back to my point of institutional racism that infects many organizations in the US. It doesn't matter who is a part of the organization they are indoctrinated that certain lives are less important than others...whether it's black/white or rich/poor. :shrug:

RVD
Nov 27th, 2006, 08:53 PM
Yeah they were which goes back to my point of institutional racism that infects many organizations in the US. It doesn't matter who is a part of the organization they are indoctrinated that certain lives are less important than others...whether it's black/white or rich/poor. :shrug:EXACTLY!! :worship:
Unfortunately, I discovered this firsthand on many occasions. :mad: :fiery:
In fact, I will go as far as to say that Black cops who attempt to prove how much they hates their own, just to fit the mold, are far more damaging to the culture than the white cops. The white cops can use the feeble 'ignorance' excuse. But black cops have NO excuse for either killing their own indiscriminately, or preventing the myriad of injustices gripping this country. Believe me, you haven't witnessed a more nauseating site than a black officer lying to protect the criminal activities of his white partner in order to 'fit in'. :mad: :mad:
It is truly repugnant. *where's that barf smilie when I need it most*

mykarma
Nov 27th, 2006, 08:55 PM
Well, accorcing to today's Daily News, the cop that fired his gun 31 times was white.
I wasn't saying that the cop couldn't be white. I was saying that it's not a sure thing. The fact remains that all of them shot them not just the white cop.

mykarma
Nov 27th, 2006, 09:05 PM
"The officers' shots struck the men's car 21 times. They also hit nearby homes and shattered windows at a train station, though no residents were injured." (emphasis added)

In other words, ppl completely uninvolved in the whole thing could have been hit. Including little kids who could have been killed while they slept.

One reason I've never had much sympathy for Rodney King was that he easily could have killed innocent ppl while fleeing the cops @ 85 mph plus down LA streets to avoid a parole violation for having pot in his car. But cops are sworn to protect the ppl, making it even more outrageous to randomly endanger them.
JR, based on what happens many times when a black man has an incident with the cops, it's not a bad idea for them to run as fast as you can. When I lived in Mass. there was a state trooper that harassed my ex husband every time he saw his car. If the trooper's car hadn't turned over and killed him, I'm not sure what would have happened to my ex. His patience was getting very short.

My ex had no record, a good job, a really kind of quiet. The only thing we could think of why he was harassed, was because he had a nice sports car.

mykarma
Nov 27th, 2006, 09:08 PM

at 4 a.m. or so.

They aren't making excuses today but they were yesterday.

samsung101
Nov 27th, 2006, 09:12 PM
He could have a lot of lap dances for all I know.
It's a bar, strip club, I assume they've had a few.

Undercover means no one knows who they are.
These guys didn't.

I just figure three guys going home after a night
of partying with a wedding coming up, buddies,
night out, harmless fun, 4 a.m., see some guy
walking towards them...in the dark I assume...
a guy they don't know....NY City? Hey, I'd
either get out of there fast (which it seems
they probably were trying to do) or figure
a robbery is about to happen.

I said it does seem the City is assuming the worst.

Their cops screwed up, and killed an innocent man.

50 shots?

Why fire? Then again, in OC, a 16year old girl in a public
park in the day time, unarmed, talking to the cops, is shot
I think 15 times by two cops. So, it's sadly something that
happens far too often. She was white, and so were the cops.
Lawsuit underway.

RVD
Nov 27th, 2006, 09:42 PM
He could have a lot of lap dances for all I know.
It's a bar, strip club, I assume they've had a few.

Undercover means no one knows who they are.
These guys didn't.

I just figure three guys going home after a night
of partying with a wedding coming up, buddies,
night out, harmless fun, 4 a.m., see some guy
walking towards them...in the dark I assume...
a guy they don't know....NY City? Hey, I'd
either get out of there fast (which it seems
they probably were trying to do) or figure
a robbery is about to happen.

I said it does seem the City is assuming the worst.

Their cops screwed up, and killed an innocent man.

50 shots?

Why fire? Then again, in OC, a 16year old girl in a public
park in the day time, unarmed, talking to the cops, is shot
I think 15 times by two cops. So, it's sadly something that
happens far too often. She was white, and so were the cops.
Lawsuit underway.Your post made a ton of sense Samsung. And must be fair and give you your due props.

However, are you comparing the historical harassment of the black male to that of an rare isolated case of a little white girl being slain? I'm just trying to wrap my mind around this last point of yours. :wavey:

Also, could you post the link to this article, or tell me where I can locate it. The case sounds very intriguing.

mykarma
Nov 27th, 2006, 09:50 PM
They aren't making excuses today but they were yesterday.
Police Kill Man After a Queens Bachelor Party

Published: November 26, 2006
(Page 2 of 2)
One police official denied any racial motivation in yesterday’s shooting and said that two of the officers involved were white, one Hispanic and two black. The victims were either black or Hispanic. None of the officers had been involved in previous shootings, Mr. Kelly said. He said several officers were injured, but none seriously.
Skip to next paragraph (http://www.nytimes.com/2006/11/26/nyregion/26cops.html?_r=1&pagewanted=2&ref=todayspaper&oref=slogin#secondParagraph) The New York Times

Related

Remarks by Police Commissioner Raymond W. Kelly (http://www.nytimes.com/packages/pdf/nyregion/kelly_statement.doc) (Microsoft Word Document)

Mr. Sharpton, a civil rights leader who has often protested police actions in high-profile and racially charged cases, challenged the police to explain what had happened.
“This is a shocking case,” he said at an afternoon news conference outside Mary Immaculate Hospital, his second of the day in the case. He was flanked by relatives and friends of the victims, most of them somber and some sobbing.

Mr. Sharpton said Mr. Guzman might have been struck by anywhere from 8 to 17 bullets. “The doctor told us it was 17 wounds,” which could have included entry and exit points, he noted.
At an earlier news conference at Jamaica Hospital Medical Center, Mr. Sharpton, standing with Ms. Paultre and other relatives and friends of the shooting victims, said he had been called in by Mr. Bell’s family and had protested to the city “that this stinks.”

Ms. Paultre and Mr. Bell, who lived at 91 Beach 27th Street in Far Rockaway, Queens, had been sweethearts since high school. Relatives said Mr. Bell had been a baseball star at John Adams High School in Ozone Park, and noted that Ms. Paultre had attended a bridal shower on Long Island on Friday. The relatives identified their daughters as Jordyn, 3, and Jada, 5 months old.
A woman who said she was Mr. Benefield’s mother but did not give her name, said her son had been treated like a criminal.

“He’s got a shattered leg,” she said. “And he’s handcuffed. Right hand, left leg.”
An aunt of Mr. Guzman, who also did not give her name, said her nephew had been shot repeatedly. “He got shot 17 times by the police,” she said. “Unbelievable. My nephew is laying up there fighting for his life, shot 17 times. It’s not right.”

Marie Gillion, an aunt of Ms. Paultre, said in a telephone interview that the families had been overjoyed at the prospect of the wedding. “Sean is a good kid,” she said, choking back sobs. “ The family wanted them to be married. And for this to happen. This is so sad.”

Robert Porter, who said he was Mr. Bell’s cousin and was to have been a disc jockey at the wedding, said that 250 people had been invited to the ceremony and that many were flying in from around the country. “I can’t really express myself,” Mr. Porter said. “It’s a numb feeling. I still don’t want to believe it.”
The events that led to the shooting began with a bachelor party at Club Kalua, a cabaret in a largely residential neighborhood. A police official said that a female undercover officer had been posted inside, backed up by plainclothes officers in two vehicles outside, to investigate chronic reports of drugs and prostitution. Similar surveillance operations have been mounted at clubs in Chelsea in Manhattan.

It was unclear what time Mr. Bell and 20 friends arrived at the club. Eric C. Arrington, 43, said he had been there and noted that the party was not rowdy. The men had platters of rice and chicken.
Shortly after 3 a.m., Commissioner Kelly said, the undercover officer inside overheard a club dancer complain about a patron who appeared to be armed, and she went out to alert her supervisor and the backup team of possible trouble. About 4 a.m., as Mr. Bell and some of his friends left, a fight erupted outside. It was unclear who was involved, but it ended and those involved split into two groups.
Four men were then observed getting into Mr. Bell’s Nissan Altima, which drove a half block east on 94th Avenue and turned south into Liverpool Street. There it plowed into the unmarked police minivan on the driver’s side, apparently just missing a head-on collision. Witnesses said the car suddenly went into reverse, backing up onto a sidewalk where the undercover officer was positioned, then pulled forward and rammed the minivan a second time. That’s when the police opened fire, Mr. Kelly said.
One neighbor said his car was hit by three bullets and a fourth smashed through his front window, piercing a lamp in the living room. “There was bullets all over the place,” said Paul Gomes, 31, who awoke to the barrage of gunfire and pulled his wife and children onto the floor.

Robert and Vivian Hernandez, residents of Liverpool Street, were watching television when they heard the crashing of bullets and people yelling. When the gunfire finally died down, they went outside and saw a man leaning on a fence and moaning, “They shot me in the leg.”
Mr. Kelly said that two Port Authority Police Officers suffered minor facial injuries at a nearby AirTrain facility when one of the bullets shattered a window.

Within minutes, a swarm of police cars converged on the scene and a helicopter appeared overhead.
The block where the shooting occurred was sealed off by police tape yesterday afternoon. But the cars involved in the collision were still in the middle of the street, with the Altima pressed up against the driver’s side of the minivan. Investigators were tagging shell casings where they lay, numbering them. There was one large cluster near the victims’ car, and others were littered about.
At La Bella Vita, the Ozone Park catering hall where the Bell-Paultre reception was to have taken place, there was still a sign up late in the day, announcing the celebration. About 200 people were to have attended, said the owner, Tony Modica. He said he had taken 50 phone calls from people seeking directions, and had found himself breaking the terrible news, over and over.
« Previous Page (http://www.nytimes.com/2006/11/26/nyregion/26cops.html?pagewanted=1&_r=1&ref=todayspaper)
1 (http://www.nytimes.com/2006/11/26/nyregion/26cops.html?pagewanted=1&_r=1&ref=todayspaper)
2Cara Buckley, Roja Heydarpour, Daryl Kahn and Angela Macropoulos contributed reporting.

RVD
Nov 27th, 2006, 10:19 PM
It was unclear who was involved, but it ended and those involved split into two groups.
Four men were then observed getting into Mr. Bell’s Nissan Altima, which drove a half block east on 94th Avenue and turned south into Liverpool Street.

[B][THERE IS A SIGNIFICANT AMOUNT/PIECE OF INFORMATION MISSING HERE]

There it plowed into the unmarked police minivan on the driver’s side, apparently just missing a head-on collision. Witnesses said the car suddenly went into reverse, backing up onto a sidewalk where the undercover officer was positioned, then pulled forward and rammed the minivan a second time. That’s when the police opened fire, Mr. Kelly said. And this is how the cops cover their asses. Information to the media, or in the written report is purposely excluded!!!!!!

Then they get together and decide how to skew the facts and spin the info to the media.
Again, I know this to be a fact. This is their MO in every single altercation, and especially whenever police actions are being questioned.

Ask anyone who's been stopped and wrongfully charged. Or not even charged, but has a police report written up. And they will tell you that cops will change/alter the series of events to ensure that it fits their version of the scenario.

Denise4925
Nov 27th, 2006, 10:24 PM
Lord, help us.

Denise4925
Nov 27th, 2006, 10:25 PM
And this is how the cops cover their asses. Information to the media, or in the written report is purposely excluded!!!!!!

Then they get together and decide how to skew the facts and spin the info to the media.
Again, I know this to be a fact. This is their MO in every single altercation, and especially whenever police actions are being questioned.

Ask anyone who's been stopped and wrongfully charged. Or not even charged, but has a police report written up. And they will tell you that cops will change/alter the series of events to ensure that it fits their version of the scenario.

Yeah, but there are two victims still alive who can contradict them.

*JR*
Nov 27th, 2006, 10:32 PM
From Page 1 of that NY Times story:

"In a statement, Commissioner Kelly said that about 4 a.m. a group of men confronted a man outside the strip club and that one man in the group yelled, 'Yo, get my gun.'

The altercation broke up, and the men separated into two groups, with an undercover officer following one group. The men being followed by the undercover officer got into the Altima that then hit the minivan.

The police said that one officer who leaped from the minivan, a 12-year police veteran, fired 31 times, and an undercover officer with nine years on the force fired 11 times. The other officers fired three, four and five times. Shell casings from the officers’ 16-shot, 9-millimeter semiautomatic weapons littered the street; at least 40 were later recovered. A fourth person may have been in the Altima, police said."

OK, let's break that down. Maybe the mention of a gun was a joke or a bluff. And the crash with the minivan likely indicates drunk driving, maybe amplified by anger about the fight. But the two groups had separated. So the most that the cops should have done then was arrest the driver and search the other guys.

"The shootings reverberated with echoes of the 1999 police shooting of Amadou Diallo, an unarmed street vendor and Guinean immigrant who was killed in the vestibule of his Bronx apartment by four police officers who were later acquitted of criminal charges in his death. That killing raised questions of racial profiling and excessive force by the police."

And I'd add in the brutalization of Abner Louima in the late 90's, when NYC police sodomized him with a broom handle, causing serious internal injuries. (As I recall, there were convictions then, and a long sentence for the cop who actually did it, I forget if those who tried to protect him served time. Why there weren't in the Diallo case is still beyond me).

Wigglytuff
Nov 28th, 2006, 06:45 AM
Yeah they were which goes back to my point of institutional racism that infects many organizations in the US. It doesn't matter who is a part of the organization they are indoctrinated that certain lives are less important than others...whether it's black/white or rich/poor. :shrug:

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

Kunal
Nov 28th, 2006, 09:05 AM
they have a lot of explaining to do

samsung101
Nov 28th, 2006, 03:35 PM
Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson, go away. Let the true local
offiicals and community leaders take care of this. For a change.
If there's a camera, these two pop up. Let the people and local
govt. reps of that particular area handle this, and reflect their
community.

Mayor Bloomberg - don't presume excessive force, or give the
prosecution more fuel for the fire with your comments. Also, don't
give the defense legal teams ammunition with your comments which
may taint a possible jury pool. Just state the facts, calm people
down, and assure the public police and non-police investigations
are underway with this incident ASAP. Fed. investigation probably
on the horizon too, if civil rights are involved in the end.

It does look like excessive force.
It does look like standard police rules were not followed.
It does look like the officer, the main one, did not do what
he should have.
But, what it 'looks' like, and what the facts show us may not
be the same thing in the end.

An unarmed man was killed.
Criminal charges may very well follow, as well as civil charges.
Likely they will.

From the facts we know...which are not that many right now...it
does not look good for the cop(s)...

lizchris
Nov 28th, 2006, 04:44 PM
community.

he should have.

Likely they will.

Before you start spouting diarrhea of the mouth, here are some facts about Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson's involvement in this case:

1) Rev. Jackson isn't involved
2) Rev. Sharpton only got involved when a relative of Shawn Bell called him, so if you have a problem with that, them you have a problem with the dead man's relative.
3) Rev. Sharpton is a NYC resident (some whites claim that he lives in NJ which isn't true; he owns a home in Englewood)

go hingis
Nov 29th, 2006, 02:48 AM
It seems like everyday I come onto this website I read something new that's happened in America to innocent people. I never about actions being taken. WTF is going on in this world and the countries we are supposed to feel safe in.

mykarma
Nov 29th, 2006, 02:56 AM
community.

he should have.

Likely they will.

I've already mentioned that Al Sharpton was invited by the family, plus he is a community leader. Second of all, let the local law enforcement investigate themselves. Yeah, that's a joke.

mykarma
Nov 29th, 2006, 03:11 AM
community.

he should have.

Likely they will.

Sharpton's stature rises to new heights

By NAHAL TOOSI, Associated Press Writer Tue Nov 28, 7:31 PM ET

NEW YORK - The morning 23-year-old Sean Bell was shot to death by police, his grieving relatives did something that has become almost routine in such cases: They called the Rev. Al Sharpton (http://search.news.yahoo.com/search/news/?p=Al+Sharpton). Within hours, the longtime civil rights activist had consoled relatives, held two news conferences, and begun organizing a community rally for the next day.Sharpton has long been a fixture on New York's left-wing scene, and has been especially vocal in his crusade against police brutality since the 1990s. But the Saturday shooting, which left Bell dead on his wedding day and wounded two other black men, is proving again how far Sharpton has come since the days he was routinely derided as a race-baiting, publicity-hungry opportunist.

His rhetoric this week has been decidedly less harsh than in previous episodes, and he has been given unprecedented access to City Hall thanks to a mayor who is intent on not making the same mistakes of past administrations in dealing with racially divisive situations.

All the while, he keeps asking a question that many — including Mayor Michael Bloomberg — are asking: "Why did officers fire 50 rounds at three unarmed men?"

At least one of his former detractors has been impressed with the way Sharpton has handled the situation.

"His rhetoric is totally acceptable in my judgment," said former Mayor Ed Koch, who once called Sharpton "Al Charlatan" and has had him arrested. "I haven't read a single statement on his part that is demagogic. I think he's conducted himself in a statesman-like manner."

Born in Brooklyn in 1954, Alfred Sharpton Jr. was preaching by the time he was a preschooler and was ordained a Pentecostal minister by age 9. His father deserted the family after impregnating and later marrying his stepdaughter. Sharpton and the rest of his immediate family fell into poverty. But activism kept him focused while other children got into crime and drugs.

In the 1980s, he earned national prominence after ugly racial episodes in Howard Beach and Bensonhurst involving white gangs attacking and killing black males. Sharpton toured the press circuit, led large demonstrations and, in the Howard Beach case, helped force the appointment of a special prosecutor.

Over the years, Sharpton, who used to don velvet jumpsuits and gold medallions, has been accused of financial irregularities and blamed for inciting racial unrest. In what was perhaps his biggest blunder, he wrongly accused a prosecutor of rape in the 1980s case of Tawana Brawley, a teen whose claims of kidnapping and abuse were determined to be a hoax by authorities. The prosecutor later won a $65,000 defamation judgment against Sharpton.

In 1991, while leading a demonstration, Sharpton was stabbed in the chest by a white man. He said the incident moved him to be more careful with his rhetoric. His appeal has broadened since, enough for him to run for president, but he has remained unequivocal in demanding proper justice for minority communities.

Sharpton led protests against police after the 1997 torture of Haitian immigrant Abner Louima and the 1999 fatal shooting of African immigrant Amadou Diallo. On Saturday, after meeting with Bell's distraught relatives, Sharpton again demanded answers from the police over the shooting, carried out by five officers who were white, Hispanic and black.
He insisted, however, "We're not anti-police ... we're anti-police brutality." And at the Sunday rally, he framed the shooting as part of a larger struggle, declaring, "We've got to understand that all of us were in that car."

Once elected officials avoided him. But on Monday, Sharpton was among key figures who joined Bloomberg at news conference to address the shootings.

Cat's Pajamas
Nov 29th, 2006, 03:21 AM
makes me sick. :sad:

Its been obvious for a long time, that there are many corrup leaders in the police enforcement department and we seriously need to revise the teaching methods. Its just not working, crime is high, innocent lives are lost. The madness HAS to AND NEEDS to end.

wta_zuperfann
Nov 30th, 2006, 12:03 PM

See MyKarma's reply.

saniafan2005
Nov 30th, 2006, 02:31 PM
I am always afraid of the cops here in US. Last month they gave me speed ticket although I was part of traffic on fast lane. When they stop my car, I am afraid to get out, now I am even afraid to sit inside!!!!

RunDown
Nov 30th, 2006, 07:28 PM
Snatched from another board...

http://img105.imageshack.us/img105/6338/pic02520nk2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Tears for Daddy gone too soon

By TAMER EL-GHOBASHY and BILL HUTCHINSON
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITERS

Tears rolled down the cheek of Jada Bell yesterday, telling of the sadness and confusion a little girl feels when she learns her daddy won't be coming home.
The 3-year-old daughter of Sean Bell is too young to understand how he died in a hail of 50 police bullets Saturday morning.

Her family had to explain the loss to her in the simplest and most heartbreaking of terms.

"The hardest part is that Jada still wants her father," said Bishop Lester Williams, who was supposed to preside at the wedding of Jada's parents.

He said that when Jada's puppy died recently, her dad told her to look to the sky, explaining, "When you see the sun, that's the puppy."

"This morning, we had to tell her, 'Daddy is taking care of the puppy. Look up and say hi to Daddy,'" Williams said.

Jada's mother, Nicole Paultre, was also having difficulty grasping the tragedy that left her a grieving bride walking through the streets to ask for justice instead of celebrating her first day of marriage.

"They are in shock, extreme shock," Williams said. "The young lady called me and said, 'Can I still be married?'"

Bell was killed after his bachelor party at a Queens strip club, just hours before he was supposed to be married to Paultre.

Relatives said he was planning to move his family to Georgia once he tied the knot. Bell's cousin Kinglarry Crawford, 35, said Paultre's father was going to buy the newlyweds a home in Atlanta.

Bell, who had worked various jobs, including one as a UPS driver, wanted to raise two children in a quiet place with more opportunities, he said.

"Everybody is devastated," Crawford added. "He is the first person in this family to be murdered."

http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/474998p-399554c.html

That teared me up... :sad:

Infiniti2001
Nov 30th, 2006, 07:46 PM
I really want to know why this keeps happening :help: :rolleyes: Then again there are ABSOLUTELY NO consequences for the cops. Ok, maybe it's not technically murder but it's clearly negligent manslaughter or reckless homicide or something like that.
They were unarmed for god's sake. And frankly, if I had just left a club where a fight had broken out and a bunch of unidentified men were trying to block my escape, I'd do what they did too. Plus there's no excuse ever to fire off more than 50 shots even if they WERE armed. What kind of training do these assholes get?:fiery:

RVD
Nov 30th, 2006, 11:09 PM
:sad: :sad: The above image of the girl crying hurt my hurt something fierce! :sad: :sad: I really want to know why this keeps happening :help: :rolleyes: Then again there are ABSOLUTELY NO consequences for the cops. Ok, maybe it's not technically murder but it's clearly negligent manslaughter or reckless homicide or something like that.
They were unarmed for god's sake. And frankly, if I had just left a club where a fight had broken out and a bunch of unidentified men were trying to block my escape, I'd do what they did too. Plus there's no excuse ever to fire off more than 50 shots even if they WERE armed. What kind of training do these assholes get?:fiery:It's easily considered 'murder' in my book. Why wouldn't it be?

I'm sick of the authorities responding with a, "...the officers followed procedures and acted in accordance with the law." Because IF that were the case, why aren't there more dead Whites. Hell, they commit far more crimes than blacks AND there are far more of them in the poplulance?
Such an illogical BS of an excuse is in and of itself a crime, IMHO. :fiery:

mykarma
Nov 30th, 2006, 11:45 PM
Snatched from another board...

http://img105.imageshack.us/img105/6338/pic02520nk2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Tears for Daddy gone too soon

By TAMER EL-GHOBASHY and BILL HUTCHINSON
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITERS

Tears rolled down the cheek of Jada Bell yesterday, telling of the sadness and confusion a little girl feels when she learns her daddy won't be coming home.
The 3-year-old daughter of Sean Bell is too young to understand how he died in a hail of 50 police bullets Saturday morning.

Her family had to explain the loss to her in the simplest and most heartbreaking of terms.

"The hardest part is that Jada still wants her father," said Bishop Lester Williams, who was supposed to preside at the wedding of Jada's parents.

He said that when Jada's puppy died recently, her dad told her to look to the sky, explaining, "When you see the sun, that's the puppy."

"This morning, we had to tell her, 'Daddy is taking care of the puppy. Look up and say hi to Daddy,'" Williams said.

Jada's mother, Nicole Paultre, was also having difficulty grasping the tragedy that left her a grieving bride walking through the streets to ask for justice instead of celebrating her first day of marriage.

"They are in shock, extreme shock," Williams said. "The young lady called me and said, 'Can I still be married?'"

Bell was killed after his bachelor party at a Queens strip club, just hours before he was supposed to be married to Paultre.

Relatives said he was planning to move his family to Georgia once he tied the knot. Bell's cousin Kinglarry Crawford, 35, said Paultre's father was going to buy the newlyweds a home in Atlanta.

Bell, who had worked various jobs, including one as a UPS driver, wanted to raise two children in a quiet place with more opportunities, he said.

"Everybody is devastated," Crawford added. "He is the first person in this family to be murdered."

http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/474998p-399554c.html

That teared me up... :sad:
Oh my gosh. This is to much to take. For everyone's sake, I hope these cops get some time. It frightens me to think of what might happen in N.Y. if they're found innocent. I heard on some show that some of the gangs are waiting to see the results. I just hope that justice will be served.

The cops are probably trying to find an informer to set up to lie for them, just like they did in Atlanta after murdering that 92 year old woman. Speaking of that, where are all of the people that were thinking out side of the box about her?

Wigglytuff
Dec 1st, 2006, 12:08 AM
its just too much. after seeing that picture i cant even.... UGH!!!

winone23
Dec 1st, 2006, 01:00 AM
I'm a New Yorker and the NYPD has a bad track record!!!! I'm black and my brother gets stopped several times a week b/c he drives a nice car. The police always run the plates for no reason other then the fact that my brother is in a nice car. And what makes it worse is that we have Chinese last names but we look totally black so when they run the plates the cops are happy because they think they have a stolen car. Then when my brother shows his documents the cops feel like 2 cents and they have nasty attitudes. I just pray he is never on the receiving end of police brutality, it's bad enough that he gets harassed for driving a nice car on a weekly basis.

mykarma
Dec 1st, 2006, 01:14 AM
I'm a New Yorker and the NYPD has a bad track record!!!! I'm black and my brother gets stopped several times a week b/c he drives a nice car. The police always run the plates for no reason other then the fact that my brother is in a nice car. And what makes it worse is that we have Chinese last names but we look totally black so when they run the plates the cops are happy because they think they have a stolen car. Then when my brother shows his documents the cops feel like 2 cents and they have nasty attitudes. I just pray he is never on the receiving end of police brutality, it's bad enough that he gets harassed for driving a nice car on a weekly basis.
I know for a fact that happens. I've already posted about how my ex-husband use to get harassed by the same state police officer because of his car. My ex was getting to the end of his rope with the cop. The only think that I think saved him from getting in a lot of trouble is that the cop turned over his squad car and was killed. It's really a damn shame what we have to go through sometimes. :sad:

winone23
Dec 1st, 2006, 07:08 AM
I know for a fact that happens. I've already posted about how my ex-husband use to get harassed by the same state police officer because of his car. My ex was getting to the end of his rope with the cop. The only think that I think saved him from getting in a lot of trouble is that the cop turned over his squad car and was killed. It's really a damn shame what we have to go through sometimes. :sad:

I know we do go through a lot. Wow that's a crazy story Karma got the better of that cop, he's probably done worse things to meet such a fate.

wta_zuperfann
Dec 1st, 2006, 12:04 PM
The only think that I think saved him from getting in a lot of trouble is that the cop turned over his squad car and was killed.

Reminds me of the old saying, VENGEANCE IS MINE SAYETH THE LORD.

Too bad for the racist cop but as they say, God punishes.

Rocketta
Dec 1st, 2006, 03:10 PM
Ok, here's my racist cop/karma story....

One day my sister was driving south on I-95 (the major hiway that runs from Miami to Maine *I think* ). She was in the left lane when she got a flat tire. She had to pull over to the left. Y'all know how dangerous that is with people doing 80 because the speed limit is 70mph. I don't know about other states but in NC it is a mandate that State Troopers have to change a woman's tire for her if she does not have anyone to do it. So this trooper stops. My sister called her roadside assistance but found out her warrenty had expired and she didn't have triple A. So the cop tells her that he will radio the next county because she technically wasn't in his area. :rolleyes:

So my sister waits and waits with huge 18 wheelers whizing by. A stranger eventually stops and tries and help her change her tire. She has a jeep and the guy didn't know where to put the jack so it was a no go. Her husband had to drive up there to help her change her tire. She was like a hour and a half away.

Well the Trooper made a big mistake because my sister is thorough. She had his name and badge number. She called the county that he said he was going to radio only to find out that not only did he not call for someone to help her but she wasn't in that county like he said. She was in his jurisdiction. :fiery:

Unbeknownst to the Trooper, my sister's coworker's husband was also a Trooper and he gave her job a workshop. In that workshop he said it was a mandate that Troopers had to help women change tires and that they go through training specifically for that and if you get caught not doing that you get in severe trouble. :hehehe:

So my sister got the name and address of the head State Trooper and wrote him a nice letter about her adventure. They immediately contacted the head of that county, who was on the phone apologizing to my sister the day after they received the letter. He informed her that the Trooper would be desciplined when he came back to work. However, and here's the Karma part, they couldn't handle it today because the trooper was on leave. He was on leave because later that day he left my sister out on the road his wife rear-ended a car and killed a couple of people. It came across to my sister that the accident was her fault and that she would be charged with something. :o :o :o

mykarma
Dec 1st, 2006, 08:55 PM
Ok, here's my racist cop/karma story....

One day my sister was driving south on I-95 (the major hiway that runs from Miami to Maine *I think* ). She was in the left lane when she got a flat tire. She had to pull over to the left. Y'all know how dangerous that is with people doing 80 because the speed limit is 70mph. I don't know about other states but in NC it is a mandate that State Troopers have to change a woman's tire for her if she does not have anyone to do it. So this trooper stops. My sister called her roadside assistance but found out her warrenty had expired and she didn't have triple A. So the cop tells her that he will radio the next county because she technically wasn't in his area. :rolleyes:

So my sister waits and waits with huge 18 wheelers whizing by. A stranger eventually stops and tries and help her change her tire. She has a jeep and the guy didn't know where to put the jack so it was a no go. Her husband had to drive up there to help her change her tire. She was like a hour and a half away.

Well the Trooper made a big mistake because my sister is thorough. She had his name and badge number. She called the county that he said he was going to radio only to find out that not only did he not call for someone to help her but she wasn't in that county like he said. She was in his jurisdiction. :fiery:

Unbeknownst to the Trooper, my sister's coworker's husband was also a Trooper and he gave her job a workshop. In that workshop he said it was a mandate that Troopers had to help women change tires and that they go through training specifically for that and if you get caught not doing that you get in severe trouble. :hehehe:

So my sister got the name and address of the head State Trooper and wrote him a nice letter about her adventure. They immediately contacted the head of that county, who was on the phone apologizing to my sister the day after they received the letter. He informed her that the Trooper would be desciplined when he came back to work. However, and here's the Karma part, they couldn't handle it today because the trooper was on leave. He was on leave because later that day he left my sister out on the road his wife rear-ended a car and killed a couple of people. It came across to my sister that the accident was her fault and that she would be charged with something. :o :o :o
Oh my goodness, cause and effect is absolute.

wta_zuperfann
Dec 1st, 2006, 08:58 PM
here's my racist cop/karma story:

A good friend of mine (a Puerto Rican) was riding in his brother's car in some New York highway.

For some reason a white cop stopped them and pretended that his brother was speeding when he wasn't. He started harassing his brother and tried to provoke an angry confrontation. Then the white cop demanded that the driver produce identification.

It turns out that my friend's brother was a police lieutenant.

The white cop turned to absolute sh*t, ran into his car, and sped away.

My friend's brother decided not to report the incident and had a good laugh at the racist idiot's expense.

Rocketta
Dec 1st, 2006, 11:38 PM
here's my racist cop/karma story:

A good friend of mine (a Puerto Rican) was riding in his brother's car in some New York highway.

For some reason a white cop stopped them and pretended that his brother was speeding when he wasn't. He started harassing his brother and tried to provoke an angry confrontation. Then the white cop demanded that the driver produce identification.

It turns out that my friend's brother was a police lieutenant.

The white cop turned to absolute sh*t, ran into his car, and sped away.

My friend's brother decided not to report the incident and had a good laugh at the racist idiot's expense.

yeah those are the fun stories....his brother should've reported him. :)

RVD
Dec 2nd, 2006, 12:26 AM
Oh man... :lol:
These are great Karma stories. :worship:
I have quite a few more of my own, but I feel I've spoken on this topic enough. :p ;)

wta_zuperfann
Dec 2nd, 2006, 12:39 PM
This entire tragedy is but another episode in the saga of American racism and political stupidity. For too long certain pundits have continued to say that we as a nation are obligated to march into the world's hot spots such as Iraq, Palestine, Lebanon, etc in order to stop injustices there. Yet, nothing is being done to stop the same types of injustices here.

Those same pundits who demand Saddam's execution say nothing about executing the Mark Fuhrmanns who have boasted of killing innocent Blacks and Hispanics in cold blood, but who openly parade themselves as heroes.

Congress holds sessions and debate how much more money they want to pour into the Middle East, allegedly to help solve the problems there. But, in fact, we know that the monies are being expended to give more corporate welfare to the military industrial complex which continues to profit from these incessant wars. And yet, Congress never troubles itself to hold sessions in order to find solutions to the problem of Hitlerian racism here at home!

It is all a goddamn shame.

Staticbeef
Dec 5th, 2006, 10:11 PM
Today both of the hospitalised members of the wedding party told the D.A., that not only did the police not identify themselves, but that there was no 4th member of the party. Here we go again, lets pray this type of unprofesionalism by our police departments end soon.

Infiniti2001
Dec 5th, 2006, 10:16 PM
I caught the would be bride on Larry King live and she pretty much confirmed this. The guys thought they were being carjacked , hence the reason for backing their car into the unmarked cop car .

P.S. What a strong woman she is-- she is not at all bitter. She just wants justice for her fiance