PDA

View Full Version : ipod question

Libertango
Nov 25th, 2006, 10:27 AM
hey, I have an ipod that is registered on another laptop. Is it possible for me to add songs/charge it on another laptop with my friends itunes, by registering on their computer? if you know what I mean...:confused: :help:

najad
Nov 25th, 2006, 11:16 AM
if you connect your ipod on your friend 's laptop you will lost all the songs on your ipod (they will be deleted) but you can charge it if itunes is not automatically open when your friend connect his ipod( it's an option on itunes).

that's what happen with my shuffle, hope it's helpful!

Wigglytuff
Nov 25th, 2006, 11:22 AM
yep. you cant sync with two computers. only one. but if in the first computer you had it set to manual update the songs you manually select than you can add them to the ipod. but the songs are only on the ipod, they can not be copied back to a computer or backed up without a hack. also if you need to restore your ipod all the songs are lost and need to be imported.

what you can also do is use the ipod as flash drive, copy the files to the drive, unload them on your computer and then sync from there.

Edward.
Nov 25th, 2006, 11:47 AM
hey, I have an ipod that is registered on another laptop. Is it possible for me to add songs/charge it on another laptop with my friends itunes, by registering on their computer? if you know what I mean...:confused: :help:

When you connect it to your friends itunes, itunes will ask if you want to associate that ipod with your friends itunes. Obviously, say no.

The iPod will then show up in your friends itunes, and you drag music from their library onto your ipod like normal.

I know this because I used the same method to put loads of my dads music onto my ipod through his itunes.

:wavey:

controlfreak
Nov 25th, 2006, 07:12 PM
all you i-tunes/pod people make me sick. I bet you are the kind of people who have disgusting orgies and "share" your love by inserting your "gadgets" into other peoples' "docks". all I can say is I hope you all catch i-syphilis.

Wigglytuff
Nov 25th, 2006, 07:18 PM
all you i-tunes/pod people make me sick. I bet you are the kind of people who have disgusting orgies and "share" your love by inserting your "gadgets" into other peoples' "docks". all I can say is I hope you all catch i-syphilis.

:lol: :lol: :lol: dont get mad at us because you cant afford the $79 for an ipod. :lol: :lol:

jbone_0307
Nov 25th, 2006, 07:28 PM
I'm glad I didn't get an Ipod. With my creative, all I had to do was install the program and drag songs over to the folder.

Libertango
Nov 26th, 2006, 07:16 AM
Thanks for your responses guys! What I wanted to do was get songs from my friends iTunes onto mine. I managed to do that, but now I'm confused as to how I use my own iTunes, because its sync'ed with my friends. Can't I have my friends songs and still use my own iTunes? :confused:

Or should I just uninstall my iTunes and start again? LOL :help: