PDA

View Full Version : Who's going?

DutchieGirl
Nov 25th, 2006, 09:12 AM
I'm sure there will be a heap of people from WTAWorld going... I'm one of them. :D

I know AliciaRocks is, and Dan23, Rohin...

ozfan44
Nov 28th, 2006, 10:21 AM
Ill be there from Day 1 of qualies until Tues/Wed of Second Week!

DutchieGirl
Nov 28th, 2006, 05:53 PM
I'll be there on the last day of quallies till the end of the first week, and then maybe some arvo's in the second, depends who's playing. ;)

aussie_fan
Nov 29th, 2006, 04:59 AM
Yeah, i'm going first 4 days at least, will be getting groundies, can't wait.

DutchieGirl
Nov 29th, 2006, 05:01 AM
Nice... can't wait!

waratahsrock
Nov 29th, 2006, 07:42 AM
I'm coming over for the last 2 days of qualies and the first 2 rounds of the main draw. Making the trip back across the tasman if Maria makes the final though :D Can't wait for January already!

ozfan44
Nov 30th, 2006, 12:09 PM
I'm coming over for the last 2 days of qualies and the first 2 rounds of the main draw. Making the trip back across the tasman if Maria makes the final though :D Can't wait for January already!

where u staying?

waratahsrock
Nov 30th, 2006, 04:15 PM
where u staying?
Hasn't been confirmed yet, hopefully at a mates place. Otherwise back to the trusty Greenhouse backpackers. Yourself?

bbypk
Nov 30th, 2006, 04:36 PM
I will go for the first tournament week... if u know good places to stay, please!!! let me know!!!

ozfan44
Dec 1st, 2006, 02:23 PM
Hasn't been confirmed yet, hopefully at a mates place. Otherwise back to the trusty Greenhouse backpackers. Yourself?

Greenhouse Backpackers!

Booked it last night for 2 weeks get in on Jan 11th!

aussy89
Dec 6th, 2006, 04:55 AM
going for 2 an half weeks from 13-30th yays cant wait looking sooo forward, gota get some money together.

anyone got suggestions on wat to briing as its my first year, or wat to expect? and how much money would be good amount to bring for 2 weeks ill pretty much jus b at tennis all day everyday, so wats ur normall spending amount per day?

DutchieGirl
Dec 6th, 2006, 05:18 AM
going for 2 an half weeks from 13-30th yays cant wait looking sooo forward, gota get some money together.

anyone got suggestions on wat to bring as its my first year, or wat to expect? and how much money would be good amount to bring for 2 weeks ill pretty much jus b at tennis all day everyday, so wats ur normall spending amount per day?

LOTS of sunscreen, a hat... lots of water. Are you staying somewhere with a fridge? If so, then bring your own lunch, as it costs a shitload at the tennis. It's like $4-$5 for a bottle of coke or a powerade... dunno how much sandwiches would be - I don't pay for them coz they are too expensive.

If you bring your own lunch and stuff to the tennis, then you shouldn't really need that much spending money...ground passes are $29 for the first week - dunno if you have tickets or not. But if you want merchandise, then you'll need more money of course. But you could probably get away with spending $10 a day at the tennis IF you take your own food and drink...if not, then you'll need at least $30 a day I'd say...(mostly for drinks). ;) Oh, plus it depends how much (if any) alcohol you intend to drink. Heineken's at least $5 a glass.

aussy89
Dec 6th, 2006, 06:50 AM
awsome thanks dude, yeah i work at the cricket an hopman cup so i no it can be expensive at any sporting event. but it may differ from states thats y i thought to ask lol =p awsome yeah drinks are soo bad its crap, but yeah ill be crashing at my aunts so ill prob buy a bit of food to take to nibble on through the day,yeah i got my tickets for the first week ill wait on who gets through on 2nd week to buy groundies then =p unforn im nt eighteen yet wen i get bck to perth ill b eighteen a few weeks after which sucks =p oh well, um wats the best time to line up in the morning to get in?

aussie_fan
Dec 6th, 2006, 09:09 AM
food and drink there is incredible expensive. Defiantely bringing my own drinks this year because some days can be really hot. As DutchieGirl said, unless you're going to buy merchandise and bring your own foor and drink, you won't need that much.

DutchieGirl
Dec 6th, 2006, 07:41 PM
awsome thanks dude, yeah i work at the cricket an hopman cup so i no it can be expensive at any sporting event. but it may differ from states thats y i thought to ask lol =p awsome yeah drinks are soo bad its crap, but yeah ill be crashing at my aunts so ill prob buy a bit of food to take to nibble on through the day,yeah i got my tickets for the first week ill wait on who gets through on 2nd week to buy groundies then =p unforn im nt eighteen yet wen i get bck to perth ill b eighteen a few weeks after which sucks =p oh well, um wats the best time to line up in the morning to get in?

Depends when you want to get in. I think that gates open at 9am (could possibly be 10 now?) and play usually starts on centre and 11am, but on the outsides it used to start at 10am...not sure if it'll be the same this year. But it's not like you'lll have to line up for very long to get in. ;)

aussy89
Dec 6th, 2006, 11:53 PM
thanks guys, ill keep alook out on the new aussy open site that opens on friday and c if theres anything on there =)

louisa2k2
Dec 11th, 2006, 08:16 AM
Im so happy I couldnt afford accomadation so i wasnt gonna go. But then i realised that sydney wasnt that far away and i could fly back the same day! so I found a flight for $140 and I got a ticket for tuesday of the 2nd week for Rod Laver :)

aussy89
Dec 11th, 2006, 09:32 AM
nice work, how much roughly would it cost to catch a taxi at night from the tennis to box hill south? n how far is box hill frm rod laver i get told any wear between 15-40mins by car? i looked on on google earth if anyones been on it and had a looky it didnt look to far at all ?

DutchieGirl
Dec 11th, 2006, 09:39 AM
nice work, how much roughly would it cost to catch a taxi at night from the tennis to box hill south? n how far is box hill frm rod laver i get told any wear between 15-40mins by car? i looked on on google earth if anyones been on it and had a looky it didnt look to far at all ?

Can't you take the train? I'll see if I can find out how far it is.

DutchieGirl
Dec 11th, 2006, 09:47 AM
Hmm it's about 25kms, but then it depends on the traffic as to how lon it'll take you. You'd probably be going along some high use roads, so if you are travelling at peak times it'll take a while. I think it;s easier to catch a train isn't it?

There's a station in Box Hill - dunno how close it is to where you'll be staying though. But it only takes about 30 mins on the train,and then when you get to FLinders st station. you just cross the road and get on one of the free shuttle trams. :D (They tale about 5 mins from Flinders st to get to the tennis centre). :D

aussy89
Dec 12th, 2006, 01:37 AM
yeah apprantly my family live 2mins from station so ill b catching the train in just at night i prefer to catch a cab du to i find it not safe travelling by train at nights by myself any were i go. so do u think a cab would cost around 30 a trip from tennis to box hill. im gona try and gt my uncle to pick me up but jus wana no how much to pay, iv also been told its rughly $10 to catch train into city is this correct? and wats the taxi service at the tennis like?

DutchieGirl
Dec 12th, 2006, 02:40 AM
yeah apprantly my family live 2mins from station so ill b catching the train in just at night i prefer to catch a cab du to i find it not safe travelling by train at nights by myself any were i go. so do u think a cab would cost around 30 a trip from tennis to box hill. im gona try and gt my uncle to pick me up but jus wana no how much to pay, iv also been told its rughly $10 to catch train into city is this correct? and wats the taxi service at the tennis like?

$10 on a zone 1 and 2...I dunno what zone Box Hill is in...I guess it must be zone 2 if someone said it's gonna cost around $10 (coz a zone 1+2 ticket is $9.70 per day - I'm living in a zone 2 area too). But I'm getting a weekly ticket...it's only about $45, so a little cheaper.

Hmm well it depends how late you will take the taxi home from the tennis, but really, you should be fine on the train - even by yourself. I'm really not sure about taxi rates though... I guess about $25 would be right... it costs about that for me to go to the airport, and it's about 20kms from where I live so...

aussy89
Dec 12th, 2006, 06:05 AM
kool well yeah depends on whos playing at night anyways but most rod laver matches can go on for quite some time at night so i guess if sams playing at night its a late night for me ahha =p thanks dude =)

louisa2k2
Dec 14th, 2006, 01:35 PM
So far from what i can tell melbourne transport is a lot more confusing than sydneys! Hopefully i can make it from the airport to melbourne park without getting to lost. :)

Belco
Dec 14th, 2006, 03:54 PM
Im going too :D hope to see a day of qualies and maybe 2 days 1st week and 2 days 2nd week... but if i meet forum ppl its most prob gonna be mtf'ers :P

DutchieGirl
Dec 14th, 2006, 06:13 PM
So far from what i can tell melbourne transport is a lot more confusing than sydneys! Hopefully i can make it from the airport to melbourne park without getting to lost. :)

:scratch: Don't see how. It's very simple to get to Melbourne Park on public transport!

gumoll
Dec 14th, 2006, 07:11 PM
lucky ones :sad:

DutchieGirl
Dec 15th, 2006, 03:49 AM
lucky ones :sad:

hehe you can go to Warsaw - and maybe some other Euro tourneys if you wanted to. :p

Ben.
Dec 15th, 2006, 04:24 AM
:scratch: Don't see how. It's very simple to get to Melbourne Park on public transport!

True. i can easily access that. where i'm staying i'm not that far from the tram that goes to melbourne park, for FREE!!!

DutchieGirl
Dec 15th, 2006, 04:31 AM
True. i can easily access that. where i'm staying i'm not that far from the tram that goes to melbourne park, for FREE!!!

But even if you are coming by train, you are either gonna get off at Southern Cross or Flinder's st...and the free shuttle goes past both stations...or you can also take the #70 - not free (but they are crowded, so no bugger is gonna check your tickets ;) ) which also go past Melbourne Park! Simple!

Ben.
Dec 15th, 2006, 04:41 AM
But even if you are coming by train, you are either gonna get off at Southern Cross or Flinder's st...and the free shuttle goes past both stations...or you can also take the #70 - not free (but they are crowded, so no bugger is gonna check your tickets ;) ) which also go past Melbourne Park! Simple!

don't you mean tram, not train and i don't live in melbourne if u wanna no. yeah & it's most likely that flinder's t will be the stop i get off at.

DutchieGirl
Dec 15th, 2006, 07:33 AM
don't you mean tram, not train and i don't live in melbourne if u wanna no. yeah & it's most likely that flinder's t will be the stop i get off at.

err yes... I said if you take the train, you'll get off at Flinders st or Southern cross stations, and then take the free shuttle (tram) or the #70 (also tram). :p

Ben.
Dec 15th, 2006, 07:50 AM
err yes... I said if you take the train, you'll get off at Flinders st or Southern cross stations, and then take the free shuttle (tram) or the #70 (also tram). :p

thank you :) :p

Belco
Dec 15th, 2006, 09:13 AM
The trams going to aus open have a aus open shuttle sign on it if i recall correctly.. but i always drive anyway

Belco
Dec 15th, 2006, 09:15 AM

ill do the good citizen deed and pick u up from the airport and drop u off at melb park :p

Ben.
Dec 15th, 2006, 10:02 AM
ill do the good citizen deed and pick u up from the airport and drop u off at melb park :p

:lol:

gumoll
Dec 15th, 2006, 12:04 PM
have fun in Melbourne :dance: :yippee:

Belco
Dec 15th, 2006, 02:28 PM
:lol:

on my way ill stop off at the train station and pick you up too :D although its only like a 15 min walk from the train station :p

hdfb
Dec 15th, 2006, 03:26 PM
Hm..... isn't the special exit at Richmond station the best way to get there? surely it's quicker than a shuttle tram from spencer st or flinders st right?

Belco
Dec 15th, 2006, 03:57 PM
Hm..... isn't the special exit at Richmond station the best way to get there? surely it's quicker than a shuttle tram from spencer st or flinders st right?

it might get u there 5 mins quicker than the tram... but then u gotta walk from the station which is next to punt rd.. Also.. gotta pay for the train... and the trams fill up SO SO quickly :) so train might be the better option

DutchieGirl
Dec 15th, 2006, 07:34 PM

Not unless you happen to be coming on the Richmond line. I'm on the v-line trains, so I have to get off at Spencer st, and then I'd have to try to find the train to Richmond, and then walk from Richmond station...I don't even know how to. Better on the tram, coz it stops right outside RLA back enterance, and right outside Vodafone. And even if you stop at Flinders station you'd still have to change trains...The shuttle trams run like every 5 mins (maybe even quicker) in the mornings, and it only takes like 5 mins max to get down to RLA.

Belco
Dec 16th, 2006, 01:48 AM
I'm on the v-line trains, so I have to get off at Spencer st

where abouts u from?

Russianfan
Dec 16th, 2006, 06:32 PM
I'm going to:) At least 5 first days, maybe a few more:) Soooo excited! A 2nd time for me:)

louisa2k2
Dec 17th, 2006, 01:00 PM
Hey i just realised that it was you who added me to your msn - sorry im slow and im trying to learn serbian so when i make my own sentences it comes out intresting.

Belco
Dec 17th, 2006, 05:04 PM
Hey i just realised that it was you who added me to your msn - sorry im slow and im trying to learn serbian so when i make my own sentences it comes out intresting.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh lol

:wavey:

bello
Dec 19th, 2006, 02:10 AM
I'll be going!! :-)

Sharapova's_Boy
Dec 20th, 2006, 05:04 AM
W00t! Will be going for the first week. :woohoo:

TS
Dec 20th, 2006, 07:02 AM
I'll be making my return. Just not sure what days, but I'll definitely be there for qualies.

ozfan44
Dec 20th, 2006, 11:20 AM
I'll be making my return. Just not sure what days, but I'll definitely be there for qualies.

woohoo Hopefully can watch some of the aussies matches if your keen!

aussy89
Dec 21st, 2006, 05:27 AM
which train line will i have to catch coming from box hill south into the tennis is there a direct train or do i have to get of an catch somehing else to get into rla?

TS
Dec 21st, 2006, 05:28 AM
Just catch the Belgrave/Lilydale line and get off at Richmond station and jst walk to RLA. Or you can get off at Flinders St, and catch a tram down.

aussy89
Dec 21st, 2006, 12:02 PM
thanks buddy =) i shall write that down so i dont forget lol

Belco
Dec 21st, 2006, 02:14 PM
thanks buddy =) i shall write that down so i dont forget lol

easier for u to get off at Richmond station and walk down.. 5 min walk

louisa2k2
Dec 23rd, 2006, 12:26 AM
Im getting a Bus from the airport and it arrives at southern cross. what would be the easiest way to get to melbourne park from there?

DutchieGirl
Dec 23rd, 2006, 12:32 AM
Im getting a Bus from the airport and it arrives at southern cross. what would be the easiest way to get to melbourne park from there?

Exit the bus station onto Spencer st, turn right and walk about 2-3 blocks (past the train station) down to Flinders st, and hop on the #70 tram, or the Melbourne Park shuttle (it'll have a sign at the front, but there's always people directing you which tram to get on).

louisa2k2
Dec 23rd, 2006, 11:41 AM
Thanks that seems easy enough :)

DutchieGirl
Dec 23rd, 2006, 07:50 PM
Thanks that seems easy enough :)

yep. it's very simple. :)

Josh.
Dec 23rd, 2006, 09:15 PM
I'm sure there will be a heap of people from WTAWorld going... I'm one of them. :D

I know AliciaRocks is, and Dan23, Rohin...

im going with aliciarocks ;)

DutchieGirl
Dec 24th, 2006, 05:15 AM

oh, I guess I'll be meeting you then. ;)

Belco
Dec 26th, 2006, 01:40 PM

sms me and i come to pick u up :p

Belco
Dec 26th, 2006, 01:41 PM

if yaz are watching jelena im tagging along.. i dont think the mtf'ers would watch her :rolleyes:

Brett.
Dec 30th, 2006, 01:50 AM
I am going too! If Soph playing outside of RLA or VA then i will come for her first round! :) Who wanna come with me? I'm a very genuine guy who likes to talk and have a laugh than i usually do on Wtaworld! :) Come on - don't be shy!

louisa2k2
Dec 31st, 2006, 04:03 AM
ok im going for another 3 days now. I will also be there on Mon and tues of the first week and mon of the 2nd week :)

aussy89
Dec 31st, 2006, 07:48 AM
15 days till the first official ball is bounced woooohooo bring on 2007 aussy open =) cant wait to see some u guys there =)

Ben.
Dec 31st, 2006, 09:27 AM
15 days till the first official ball is bounced woooohooo bring on 2007 aussy open =) cant wait to see some u guys there =)

yeah, i can't wait either :D

Brett.
Jan 3rd, 2007, 03:33 AM
Can't wait either! :D

louisa2k2
Jan 3rd, 2007, 05:10 AM
Me neither. Just arrangin somewhere to stay atm and im going to medibank the week before so that should take my mind off it for a bit.

DutchieGirl
Jan 3rd, 2007, 05:12 AM
Good luck finding somewhere. :)

TS
Jan 3rd, 2007, 09:25 AM
Do qualies start next Wednesday or Thursday?

I remember in the past they always started on the Thursday.

DutchieGirl
Jan 3rd, 2007, 09:27 AM
Thursday as far as I know... didn't hear that it changed to Wed...

TS
Jan 3rd, 2007, 09:29 AM
OK good :)

Cheers (for some reason I thought it had changed to Wed, nevermind!)

DutchieGirl
Jan 3rd, 2007, 09:31 AM
Better not have...

DutchieGirl
Jan 3rd, 2007, 09:34 AM
Hmm... on the AO website, it says "check back for draws on 10th Jan"...which is the Wed, so play must start on Thursday then.

CooCooCachoo
Jan 3rd, 2007, 11:54 AM
Have fun everyone :woohoo:

TS
Jan 3rd, 2007, 12:01 PM
Can't speak for the others, but I'm sure I will.

ozfan44
Jan 3rd, 2007, 03:31 PM
me 2

qualies better not start on wednesday as i dont get in until early thursday morning and don't wanna miss any!

hopefully this will be the year the aussies can have some great performances!

louisa2k2
Jan 5th, 2007, 07:52 AM
Ive never been to melbourne so im sure it will be fun.

DutchieGirl
Jan 5th, 2007, 09:50 AM
Ive never been to melbourne so im sure it will be fun.

:bounce: I'm sure you'll love it!

.honey.
Jan 5th, 2007, 11:55 AM
This is like the only Grand Slam I'm honestly dying to go to. Hopefully in 2009. :)

louloubelle
Jan 6th, 2007, 01:21 AM

The quallies couldn't be as bad as last year. The Aussies were only able to get one set in 8 matches :mad:

If the likes of Wlodarczak, Hewson, Kriz, Bai etc.. get w/c's (all Ive never seen play before) I'll get down there.

Alicia Rocks
Jan 6th, 2007, 04:14 AM
Im going Jan 15 - Jan 20 can't wait :dance: Wish I was there for Quallies though!

Ben.
Jan 6th, 2007, 05:10 AM
i've might of mentioned this before in this thread but i'm going jan 15 - jan 18 with Rod Laver Arena tickets:

15 jan - night session
16 jan - day session
17 jan - night session
18 jan - day session

cannot wait :woohoo:

aussy89
Jan 6th, 2007, 10:08 AM
i think were all to happy to start mentioning things twice, i fly out in 6 days woohoo

aussie_fan
Jan 6th, 2007, 12:17 PM
I can't wait for it now, just over a week away now. Last year i only went for one day, this year i'm going for 5 days.

ozfan44
Jan 7th, 2007, 02:02 AM
Bring on thursday im so excited!

ozfan44
Jan 7th, 2007, 02:09 AM
The quallies couldn't be as bad as last year. The Aussies were only able to get one set in 8 matches :mad:

If the likes of Wlodarczak, Hewson, Kriz, Bai etc.. get w/c's (all Ive never seen play before) I'll get down there.

You should come down! Ill be there, thats all that matters haha

I bloody hope we dont have a repeat of last year!!! Im not coming all the way over to see that!!!!

WIMBY
Jan 7th, 2007, 02:15 AM
me 2

qualies better not start on wednesday as i dont get in until early thursday morning and don't wanna miss any!

If you see Melanie, can you take a pic? Thanks. :)

ozfan44
Jan 7th, 2007, 02:21 AM
If you see Melanie, can you take a pic? Thanks. :)

for sure! ........if i can find my camera lol

Experimentee
Jan 7th, 2007, 08:17 AM
I'm going every day of quallies and the first 4 days of the main draw for sure, might be adding more dates later.

SpikeyAidanm
Jan 7th, 2007, 10:44 AM
im going days 1 and 2, hopefully bump into some of u.

aussy89
Jan 8th, 2007, 11:03 AM
well ill be wearing my yellow sammy singlet so if ya c me come up an say hello =)

louloubelle
Jan 8th, 2007, 11:44 AM
You should come down! Ill be there, thats all that matters haha

Nah they don't let Western Australians in :p :devil: ;) (well apart from Casey and Jess ;) )

Um I wouldn't be expecting alot in the quallies - there's been two wins in the last 3 years I think. Fingers crossed. Maybe a few of the Aussies will draw each other :D

smit101
Jan 9th, 2007, 10:58 PM
I am going

Fist Friday- Day and Night
First Saturday- Day and night

On centre but should also be some great matches on the outside courts can't wait!!

abarani
Jan 10th, 2007, 04:46 PM
I'll be in Melbourne on Jan20th. Well, it's for work but I'm trying to take a week off so I can watch the second week action. Anyway, Hope to see some of you there (if I manage to convince my boss to give me a week off :-) )

ozfan44
Jan 10th, 2007, 09:09 PM
Nah they don't let Western Australians in :p :devil: ;) (well apart from Casey and Jess ;) )

Um I wouldn't be expecting alot in the quallies - there's been two wins in the last 3 years I think. Fingers crossed. Maybe a few of the Aussies will draw each other :D

oh well i come all this way for nothing better go home hahahha

what about Brydan Klein and Matt Ebden they allowed in hahaha

Just under 2 hours to go!!! :bounce: :lick:

Cage
Jan 11th, 2007, 03:22 AM
Im going :) Will be down there around the 18 th yay :bounce: Cya down there everyone :wavey:

DutchieGirl
Jan 11th, 2007, 03:30 AM
I should be there tomorrow too now...coming home early from Hobart. ;)

SvetaPleaseWin.
Jan 11th, 2007, 09:05 AM
im going days 1 and 2 and both finals days-ill probably go to loads of days inbetween as well knowing me :rolleyes:
btw-what is the best time to go in the morning if i need to buy a ground pass-there isnt a queue like at wimbledon, right???
and can you actually see anything at the top of rod laver arena or will i need binoculars for the finals :lol:

DutchieGirl
Jan 11th, 2007, 10:55 AM
queue whenever you like on the day for ground passes - it sure as hell isn't like Wimby. ;)

Hmm you can see from the back of RLA, but it's not so good...

Ben.
Jan 11th, 2007, 11:11 AM
i might see you guys there. if i knew what all of you's looked like :lol:

louisa2k2
Jan 12th, 2007, 07:20 AM
Ill be there on monday. Im gonna stay at greenhouse backpackers, i think someone in the thread checked it out and im only stayin one night so didnt wanna spend to much. I have problems with spending well actually im very good at it, its saving thats the prob.

if u wanna know what i look like u can check out my pic on my space, im the one with the red hair and im abt 4ft10 so i kinda stand out. plus ill prob be looking for martina or nicole vaidisova.

www.myspace.com/hillsongchick (http://www.myspace.com/hillsongchick)

or if u pm me i will reply with my mobile no.

Im far to trusting i think :)