PDA

View Full Version : Leanne Baker Cheering Thread!

Mana
Nov 25th, 2006, 02:20 AM
Good luck Leanne! With 3 singles WC's now Leanne is good chance, and with her outstanding doubles form she will be given a WC into the doubles draw as well. Intresting to see who se plays with in doubles :) Nicole Kriz of Julie Ditty I hope!

GO LEANNE!!!

kittyking
Nov 28th, 2006, 06:31 AM
Im not sure if she will get a maindraw wildcard for singles or doubles....

Eitherway - Come on Leanne! Hope you can perform well here!!!

Tenis Srbija
Nov 28th, 2006, 12:07 PM
Never heard of her... Some more info's please? :)

kittyking
Nov 28th, 2006, 08:02 PM
Shes reached the doubles final before with Francesca Lubiani, her career high is singles 273 from back in 1999 although shes not far off the pace at the moment (just over 300). Her career high doubles is just off 100, although shes won a few 50k titles recently and shes ranked about 166 at the moment.

Tenis Srbija
Nov 28th, 2006, 08:18 PM
Hmmm...I fought she some new young force :D
Still, good luck to her ;)

kittyking
Nov 28th, 2006, 08:21 PM
Hmmm...I fought she some new young force :D
Still, good luck to her ;)

If that had have been posted 7/8 years ago I would have said your right ;)

Tenis Srbija
Nov 28th, 2006, 09:34 PM
:lol: I'm late as ever :lol:

kittyking
Nov 29th, 2006, 03:20 AM
Omg! Leanne beat Mattek today!!! What an upset, maybe she is deserving of a main draw wildcard after all...

Mana
Nov 29th, 2006, 07:10 AM
Yeah. Great, great win for Leanne today!

Willux
Dec 11th, 2006, 11:57 PM
Kittyking. Whoever you are. Man, you're so NEGATIVE!!

kittyking
Dec 12th, 2006, 12:48 AM
Kittyking. Whoever you are. Man, you're so NEGATIVE!!

:haha:

Oh and once again your post is off topic, so far you have made 4 posts and they have all been off topic

Willux
Dec 12th, 2006, 02:58 AM
Oh and once again you're a Loser (and I'm probably not the only one here that feels that way about you!!!!)..and please don't bebo me thanks! I really don't appreciate it at all!!!!!!

Willux
Dec 12th, 2006, 03:00 AM
Where does it say that we SPECIFICALLY have to write about the specific topic??? Nowhere!!!!! Get a life.

kittyking
Dec 12th, 2006, 03:01 AM
Oh and once again you're a Loser (and I'm probably not the only one here that feels that way about you!!!!)..and please don't bebo me thanks! I really don't appreciate it at all!!!!!!

Willux you havent made a great start to wtaworld, just added you to my ignore list (im sure I wont be the only one)

Please do not try to email Leanne either, luckily you have her fake address

Martian Stacey
Dec 12th, 2006, 03:55 AM
Where does it say that we SPECIFICALLY have to write about the specific topic??? Nowhere!!!!! Get a life.
Forum rules:

Spam
---------------------------------------------------
The following are considered spam:
* Double posts. If you posted something and realized you made a mistake, use the edit/delete option.
* Off topic posts will be either removed or moved to the appropriate place, depending on moderator.
* Posts that obviously serve no purpose other than uping one's post counts. This is up to the moderators to decide.
* Starting a new thread when a similar thread has already been started.
* Responses to spam posts should be considered as spam and be removed. However, spam warnings should not be given in such cases except in severe cases.
* Restating someone else's opinion, or reanswering a question that has already been answered. Some members up their post count by reanswering a question in exactly the same way. "Yeah, what he said."
* Posts that contain large amounts of smileys and/or spaces to make it look like they contain useful information often don't.

Please stick to the topic in order to avoid having your posts deleted or moved, thanks.

SeanyQ
Dec 12th, 2006, 07:41 AM
Good luck Leanne! With 3 singles WC's now Leanne is good chance, and with her outstanding doubles form she will be given a WC into the doubles draw as well. Intresting to see who se plays with in doubles :) Nicole Kriz of Julie Ditty I hope!

GO LEANNE!!!

Unfortunately, they are only giving Leanne a singles WC. She & Krizzy missed a dub's WC because they wouldn't give Leanne as the kiwi #2, 2 wc's & Marina Erakovic only 1. Even though Marina would be a waste of a dub's wc compared to Leanne.
Leanne's currently sitting back at her career best singles rank of 273.....

Willux
Dec 12th, 2006, 08:33 AM
Leanne Baker emailed me last week after I directly emailed her for support for the wildcards. I think she will get both wildcards. Thanks.

SeanyQ
Dec 12th, 2006, 09:10 AM
Leanne Baker emailed me last week after I directly emailed her for support for the wildcards. I think she will get both wildcards. Thanks.

I found this out today from a reliable source. So unless she pairs with Erakovic.......

kittyking
Dec 12th, 2006, 10:11 AM
Unfortunately, they are only giving Leanne a singles WC. She & Krizzy missed a dub's WC because they wouldn't give Leanne as the kiwi #2, 2 wc's & Marina Erakovic only 1. Even though Marina would be a waste of a dub's wc compared to Leanne.

Marina did win 2 Junior Grand Slams (one with Krajicek, the other with Vika), Marina made the final of a 50k doubles event recently but apart from she doesnt actually play doubles on the Itf tour all that often

:bs:

I found this out today from a reliable source. So unless she pairs with Erakovic.......

There was a newspaper article highlighting the fact that Leanne refuses to play with Marina. I heard a few days ago that it was 'almost certain' that the doubles wildcard would go to Marina. I message I seemed to get was that if Leanne wanted to get the doubles wildcard then she would have to be willing to play with either Marina or Sacha - Sacha doesnt like playing doubles all that much and from what I understand Sacha gets along better with Marina than Leanne so the odds of a Leanne/Sacha doubles combo outside fed cup is about 20:1

Willux
Dec 12th, 2006, 10:18 AM
Leanne Baker was the number one ranked Junior tennis doubles player with Rewa Hudson (a former nz number 1)...there is a dispute between Leanne and Marina. It's between them. I dont know what it is. I think sometimes it's unfair how Marina gets all the attention from the nz public where Leanne is out there putting her guts on the line overseas as well!

kittyking
Dec 13th, 2006, 03:09 AM
Leanne Baker was the number one ranked Junior tennis doubles player with Rewa Hudson (a former nz number 1)...there is a dispute between Leanne and Marina. It's between them. I dont know what it is. I think sometimes it's unfair how Marina gets all the attention from the nz public where Leanne is out there putting her guts on the line overseas as well!

I dont think you can compare the two really..........:lol: :tape:

Willux
Dec 13th, 2006, 03:13 AM
Compare the two in terms of what?

Leanne was a top ranked junior in both singles and doubles. Marina was also top ranked in both!

kittyking
Dec 13th, 2006, 03:17 AM
Compare the two in terms of what?

Leanne was a top ranked junior in both singles and doubles. Marina was also top ranked in both!

So they should get the same amount of wildcards into the ASB Classic in their careers then :lol: (starts hearing a Labour Party chanting song in my head right now)

You didnt get what I was meaning, dont worry

Were do you get your ideas from...

O :tape:

Willux
Dec 13th, 2006, 03:42 AM
Now I don't understand what you are talking about. You're quite obsure when talking about specific detail. Where do I get my ideas from? Well, I've actually watched Leanne Baker train with Lubiani in Hamilton. I've actually spoken to Marina when she was training at the end of January at ASB STADIUM. I've actually played junior ITF tournaments and played qualies for senior ITF events. Therefore, I have a lot of knowledge when it comes to tennis. I am a former Northland Number one junior tennis player...last year being in 2002. So I have a fair way of knowing where I get my ideas from...

Willux
Dec 13th, 2006, 04:54 AM
TV3 News just reported that Leanne Baker will be in the main draw for the ASB Bank classic. Congrats Leanne!!!

Willux
Dec 13th, 2006, 04:55 AM
I am one of those people that supports ALL NZ tennis players as most fair-minded kiwis do.

Willux
Dec 13th, 2006, 04:58 AM
Leanne Baker's been given the third main draw wildcard into next month's ASB Classic in Auckland.

The 25-year-old has confirmed from her base in Chicago that she'll join Marina Erakovic and Sacha Jones as the Kiwis in the main draw.

Baker has had a successful 2006, equalling her highest world ranking of 273 and winning two singles titles.

The wildcards for main draw and qualifying are announced on Wednesday afternoon.

Baker's been overlooked for the doubles wildcard with Erakovic getting that, something she's comfortable with.

She says her singles and doubles has been going well and she's had a lot of doubles wildcards over the last few years so letting someone else have it is not a big deal to her.

Shona Lee, Ellen Barry, Diane Hollands and Kairangi Vano will receive the wildcards into the qualifying draw

kittyking
Dec 13th, 2006, 05:16 AM
Hmmm...looks like me and my mate SeanyQ were right after all :p

Mana
Dec 13th, 2006, 06:18 AM
Leanne :bounce:

Great interview on the radio today too, always so sweet!!!

sammyb
Dec 13th, 2006, 07:46 AM

Shame about the doubs.. Leanne is a top 50 doubs player as is Kriz and they would do well with it. Marina wouldn't even know what those extra lines on the tennis court are... great singles player but unfortunately doesn't have much talent when it comes to doubles.

Goodluck to Leanne though.. she's had a fantastic finish to 2006, and deserves the wildcard. Hope she gets a good draw, but really if she's on.. has the potential to knock a few of those girls off.

sammyb
Dec 13th, 2006, 08:13 AM
Marina did win 2 Junior Grand Slams (one with Krajicek, the other with Vika), Marina made the final of a 50k doubles event recently but apart from she doesnt actually play doubles on the Itf tour all that often

:bs:

you obviously haven't seen marina play doubles then!

it wouldnt be the first time someone gets 'carried' on the doubles court.. shes a great singles player, but you are right.. you can't even compare marina to leanne when it comes to doubles.. that would be an insult to leanne to even mention them in the same sentance on the subject of doubles.

kittyking
Dec 13th, 2006, 08:26 AM
Shame about the doubs.. Leanne is a top 50 doubs player as is Kriz and they would do well with it. Marina wouldn't even know what those extra lines on the tennis court are... great singles player but unfortunately doesn't have much talent when it comes to doubles.

Goodluck to Leanne though.. she's had a fantastic finish to 2006, and deserves the wildcard. Hope she gets a good draw, but really if she's on.. has the potential to knock a few of those girls off.

She played with Misa.....Misa would never play with Leanne

Willux
Dec 13th, 2006, 09:14 AM
For Leanne not to get the doubles wildcard..that is a bit off putting..but i can see why that happened. Leanne is a better doubles player then a singles. I remember the time that Shelly Stephens did not get a maindraw and she was the nz number one!!!

sammyb
Dec 13th, 2006, 09:37 AM
She played with Misa.....Misa would never play with Leanne

leanne wouldn't even need to play with her for a start

look you are going off topic and trying to put leanne down in a "Leanne Baker Cheering Thread" .. take some of your own advice (which you like to throw around) which would be if you don't have any positive comments to make..

you obviously rate marina higher than leanne.. and thats fine, you have your opinions which many people won't agree with.

either way shes been nz's top player for singles, carrying the flag for a period of time when no one else was around. doubles she has been #1 in the country for several years running. she has also supported fed cup for many years. yes there are new players coming through and good luck to them, some are talented and will hopefully do well.

but i find it hard to understand why you are so eager to put leanne down, considering you are a kiwi yourself.

to be honest, i don't even want to understand. its really irrelevant.

Willux
Dec 13th, 2006, 10:11 AM
yeah you're right there Sammy. Let's just hope that she wins a couple of rounds aye..and it sucks a bit that she's not playing nz residentals but sweet as

sammyb
Dec 13th, 2006, 10:59 AM
yeah you're right there Sammy. Let's just hope that she wins a couple of rounds aye..and it sucks a bit that she's not playing nz residentals but sweet as

yeah i hope she does as well.. she's had a great year (her best ever, especially in the last 4 months) and she's backed up some pretty outstanding results.

as for resi's.. let the juniors fight over the title, leanne has been there done that. she doesn't need to prove anything by beating the juniors. she'd be better off using the time to regroup, train and prepare for the asb.

its more of a loss for the locals than anyone else..

Willux
Dec 14th, 2006, 12:21 AM
I'm not sure why Tracey O'connor never played this year as well. She tried the pro tour again but I think just gave up. Mm never mind!!

Mana
Dec 15th, 2006, 11:04 PM
Leanne is with her coach and fitness trainer in the US still and will fly back to play Auckland. Leanne is usally home by now and is playing the NZ tourneys. This shows how serious Leanne is about her career atm.

Willux
Dec 16th, 2006, 03:27 AM
yeah that's a good thing!

SeanyQ
Dec 16th, 2006, 03:55 AM
Leanne is with her coach and fitness trainer in the US still and will fly back to play Auckland. Leanne is usally home by now and is playing the NZ tourneys. This shows how serious Leanne is about her career atm.

Good sign that she's not getting overly homesick too. She's been prone to that in the past & I know she lost 1r at Dendy Park in Aus in March so she could get back to NZ. I still can't believe she missed a dub's wc though. You'd think tennis nz would be wanting to get the best chance of a win as possible from their wc's! :rolleyes:

Mana
Dec 16th, 2006, 07:28 AM
Good sign that she's not getting overly homesick too. She's been prone to that in the past & I know she lost 1r at Dendy Park in Aus in March so she could get back to NZ. I still can't believe she missed a dub's wc though. You'd think tennis nz would be wanting to get the best chance of a win as possible from their wc's! :rolleyes:

Yeah, we all remember that! On Leanne's fav surface.....clay! :tape:
But I'm happy with her only getting the singles WC, then people will see how average Marina is at doubles. She sounded like she was not fussed about the doubles WC in her interview.

Willux
Dec 16th, 2006, 07:42 AM
Hey do u know if that interview is on the net? I would really like to listen to that. I mean Leanne had such an unexpected win against Mattek who is probably the most "Fashionable" girl on the wta lol

Mana
Dec 16th, 2006, 07:58 AM
Hey do u know if that interview is on the net? I would really like to listen to that. I mean Leanne had such an unexpected win against Mattek who is probably the most "Fashionable" girl on the wta lol

Hey
I have been looking too, but to no avail :sad:
It was so sweet tho, she sounded really nervous, was getting her words mixed up. Not a bad bone in her body :hearts:

Willux
Dec 16th, 2006, 10:35 AM
Aw sweet then. I'm gonna take time off to go watch her play. Haven't seen her play in Aucks yet..gonna be kewl

SeanyQ
Dec 19th, 2006, 03:03 PM
Leanne has finally reached a new career high singles ranking. Up to 272 this week! :worship: