PDA

View Full Version : Dokic inspired by Mary!

Dokic Pierce
Nov 24th, 2006, 11:33 PM
Quote from a recent article by Jelena:

Dokic safe and hopeful of playing top tennis again

Fri Nov 24, 2006 2:44 PM GMT

"My only option is to stay with his academy. I am now in Zagreb looking for sponsors to finance my comeback attempt," Dokic said, dispelling reports she had decided to quit.

"I will do everything in my power to go back to the top and I think there is a chance. I don't know if I can be the world number four again but I am still young and this is the best time to go for a comeback.

"I feel I can still play top-level tennis and getting back into the top 30 would satisfy my ambitions. If (France's) Mary Pierce was able to come back at the age of 30, there is no reason for me not to try at 23."

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

ClaudiaZ-S
Nov 25th, 2006, 07:02 AM
Mary is an example :bowdown: Hingis and now Dokic :bowdown:

MistyGrey
Nov 25th, 2006, 08:13 AM
Dokic said the same thing at the end of last year. Monica also said she was inspired by Mary. :bounce:

maybe its just me but I dont like the way Jelena said it. "If Mary Pierce was able to comeback at the age of 30" almost implies that she is better than Mary, like if a lesser player like her cud do it at 30 so cud I.

Highlandman
Nov 25th, 2006, 09:36 AM
Venus said in Miami this year that she is fascinated from Mary in 2005, too:hearts:

Dokic Pierce
Nov 25th, 2006, 11:48 AM
Dokic said the same thing at the end of last year. Monica also said she was inspired by Mary. :bounce:

maybe its just me but I dont like the way Jelena said it. "If Mary Pierce was able to comeback at the age of 30" almost implies that she is better than Mary, like if a lesser player like her cud do it at 30 so cud I.

Misty Grey I love your avatar - that picture personifies everything I love about Mary - especially that SMILE!

Love it! :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

Mark Spruce
Nov 25th, 2006, 12:14 PM
That is great of Jelena.

I love it when Mary is looked up to for insparation !!!!!!!

It would be great ot see Jelena back

ClaudiaZ-S
Nov 25th, 2006, 03:54 PM
now it's not the award of the best comeback but it's the Mary Pierce award :angel:

saby
Nov 25th, 2006, 05:44 PM
now it's not the award of the best comeback but it's the Mary Pierce award :angel:

I agree :devil:

They should change the name of the "come back award" by the "Mary Pierce award" :worship: :worship: :worship:

Wizzy Maryfan
Nov 25th, 2006, 09:46 PM
The quote of Dokic is not very nice !

I just wanna say to jelena that everyone is not Mary, and Jelena, it will be much harder for u to be back cause you have never been as talented as Mary was and is.

So be conscious it wont be easy, even if Mary made it !

dannypierce
Nov 26th, 2006, 12:24 AM
The quote of Dokic is not very nice !

I just wanna say to jelena that everyone is not Mary, and Jelena, it will be much harder for u to be back cause you have never been as talented as Mary was and is.

So be conscious it wont be easy, even if Mary made it !

Yeah that quote was sort of sick eh...
Although I always wished she could have a chance.

RJWCapriati
Nov 26th, 2006, 01:05 AM
Mary is an inspiration to everyone!!

Verdasco
Nov 26th, 2006, 09:20 AM
Not that I'm being biased because I'm a Dokic fan (but I'm also a Mary fan as you can see in my signature and avatar), but the way I interpreted it was that Jelena was saying that she is still young at 23 years of age and is capable of making a comeback.

Ben.
Nov 26th, 2006, 09:26 AM
it's encouraging 2 see that mary is inspiring towards tennis players :D

TennisPlayingFox
Dec 4th, 2006, 04:25 AM
Nice to see that Mary is inspiring some of the other players!