PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else think that Mariah's pipes are better than both Celine's & Whitney's?

LH2HBH
Nov 24th, 2006, 10:59 PM
Does anyone else think that Mariah's pipes are better than both Celine's & Whitney's?

LH2HBH
Nov 24th, 2006, 11:06 PM
C'MON everyody - you can't deny it!

VISION OF LOVE - click here! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUxGwvr3vpk)

MY ALL - click here! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75AVpLgZ5Io)

!<blocparty>!
Nov 24th, 2006, 11:11 PM
Mariah can do all kinds of different things with her voice. Whitney edges it on sheer power... just... but, Mariah's power ballads are as good as anyone's. Hero, Without You, Butterfly, Without You, I'll Be There.

At their peak both were pretty phenomenal live. :worship: Right now, Celine would blow them out of the water singing live. :sad: But she is entertaining on stage. :tape::speakles:

Sir Stefwhit
Nov 24th, 2006, 11:15 PM
Mariah needs the studio to bring the best out of her. When it comes to live performances and mesmerizing the crowds she's left out in the cold. Celine and Whitney understand the art of performing and do so by bringing new life to songs. Mariah on the other hand, always sounds good, but she doesn't let herself go. Too often she's not in the moment, maybe she's simply not as comfortable up on the stage as the other divas are. When it comes to voices I will concede that she can ousting Celine, but when it comes to performing Celine leaves Mariah in the dust. As for Whitney, there's no contest. Only delusional Mariah fans would disagree.

JonBcn
Nov 24th, 2006, 11:17 PM
It's like trying to pick my favourite mollusc

Sam L
Nov 25th, 2006, 12:42 AM
Mariah's the most versatile of them all. She can really hit those high notes.

spartanfan
Nov 25th, 2006, 12:44 AM
Whitney at her prime was untouchable, period.

winone23
Nov 25th, 2006, 12:54 AM
Mariah needs the studio to bring the best out of her. When it comes to live performances and mesmerizing the crowds she's left out in the cold. Celine and Whitney understand the art of performing and do so by bringing new life to songs. Mariah on the other hand, always sounds good, but she doesn't let herself go. Too often she's not in the moment, maybe she's simply not as comfortable up on the stage as the other divas are. When it comes to voices I will concede that she can ousting Celine, but when it comes to performing Celine leaves Mariah in the dust. As for Whitney, there's no contest. Only delusional Mariah fans would disagree.

I was going to say the say thing. Also I'm a Mariah fan, but the whispering and the whistle irritates me a lot.

winone23
Nov 25th, 2006, 12:57 AM

Those high whistling notes are not impressive it irritates most people, which is why I'm happy she rarely does them now.

darrinbaker00
Nov 25th, 2006, 01:43 AM
Mariah's pipes are certainly BIGGER than Celine's and Whitney's..... ;)

meyerpl
Nov 25th, 2006, 02:28 AM
I thought Bobby got all Whitney's pipes in the divorce.

darrinbaker00
Nov 25th, 2006, 02:39 AM
I thought Bobby got all Whitney's pipes in the divorce.
That depends on whether or not the divorce papers were filed in a community-property state, I would think..... ;)

kabuki
Nov 25th, 2006, 03:00 AM
I swear some of y'all must be drunk. :lol:

Paneru
Nov 25th, 2006, 03:30 AM

:haha: :haha: :haha:

Paneru
Nov 25th, 2006, 03:34 AM

ITA! :cool:

VeeReeDavJCap81
Nov 25th, 2006, 05:23 AM
If they're all at their peak it goes...

Whitney
Mariah
Celine

VeeReeDavJCap81
Nov 25th, 2006, 05:24 AM

Plus, you'll NEVER hear Celine or Whitney whispering when they sing. Mariah does this A LOT, and it can be irritating.

Apoleb
Nov 25th, 2006, 05:28 AM
As for Whitney, there's no contest. Only delusional Mariah fans would disagree.

eh, you mean only delusional Mariah fans would say Mariah is a better singer? That's delusional to start with.

I prefer Mariah overall out of the three, but more because of a combination of her material AND her singing, rather than just her singing or her voice. Each one is special in a different way. Celine is the most boring though.

Shimizu Amon
Nov 25th, 2006, 09:03 AM
http://www.mariahdaily.com/photogallery/2005/savethemusic/studio/17.jpg

It's my opinion that Mariah has the best voice of them all.
Mariah can sing soulful, powerful and of course she has the most amazing whistle out there. But I do agree that if it comes to live perfomances Mariah can sometimes be a let down. Even though the last time I saw Mariah live was during her Charmbracelet tour and she was singing amazing.
Besides that I think she's the most talented of them all. She writes and produces almost all her music. You cannot say that about Whitney nor Celine.

But don't forget that we are talking about THE best singers of the world.

alfajeffster
Nov 25th, 2006, 11:02 AM
When I first heard "Vision of Love", I was absolutely mezmerized. I've long since been very disappointed that she didn't stick with, or at least come out with a few more torch songs, because her voice is so much better than all that whispery Janet Jackson posing on a skidoo crap. She's a classic belter, and we haven't had the chance to hear her belt like she can, unfortunately. She's had a great career, but when it's all said and done, it may have been a wasted talent, IMO. Hopefully, she'll prove me wrong.

skanky~skanketta
Nov 25th, 2006, 11:35 AM
When I first heard "Vision of Love", I was absolutely mezmerized. I've long since been very disappointed that she didn't stick with, or at least come out with a few more torch songs, because her voice is so much better than all that whispery Janet Jackson posing on a skidoo crap. She's a classic belter, and we haven't had the chance to hear her belt like she can, unfortunately. She's had a great career, but when it's all said and done, it may have been a wasted talent, IMO. Hopefully, she'll prove me wrong.
i agree with you to an extent. but i feel she redeemed herself with we belong together. that was seriously a defining moment for her.

VenusMashaROCK
Nov 25th, 2006, 11:45 AM
whitney > celine >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> mooriah

!<blocparty>!
Nov 25th, 2006, 11:47 AM
OK to compare:

Whitney is the singing Serena Williams.
Mariah is the singing Justine Henin-Hardenne.
Celine is the singing Amelie Mauresmo.

!Gio!
Nov 25th, 2006, 11:57 AM
All three are great but for me it would go Whitney than Celine than Mariah.
Mariah might be the most popular but that doesn't make her the best singer out of the three.

Viktymise
Nov 25th, 2006, 01:19 PM
Mariah isint as good live as she was in her best days around the early to mid 90's but honestly i think her and whitney are the 2 of the best singers ever, definatley above Celine

7~LV3
Nov 25th, 2006, 04:07 PM
lol... i think that people who cant sing out the whispers of mariah thinks that Mariahs whispers sucks...

Look...which singer doesnt whisper nowadays..!!

That what makes Mariahs voice unique, she has
her own style of music,
She loves duets, she loves working with people..
comparing with the other two...

And Mariah has the hardest voice to imitate...

Stamp Paid
Nov 25th, 2006, 04:26 PM
Both Whitney and Mariah's voices have deteriorated significantly over the years, so its really unfair to compare them @ this point.BTW the whistle is the shit. The end of Emotions :hearts:

TF Chipmunk
Nov 25th, 2006, 06:16 PM
Mariah's the most versatile of them all. She can really hit those high notes.Are you kidding :haha:

timafi
Nov 25th, 2006, 06:37 PM

are you still high on stuffing ?:speakles: :speakles: :speakles: :spit: :spit: :spit: :spit: :spit: :spit: :spit: :spit: :spit: :spit: :spit: :spit: :spit: :spit: :spit: :spit: :spit:

Steffica Greles
Nov 25th, 2006, 11:57 PM
Personally I don't like that type of music any more. Many years ago, yes.

I have always had a soft spot for Celine, even though I think many of her songs are worse than either Mariah or Whitney's.

But at her peak, Celine's voice had a timbre to it that for most people in the UK, at least, was above Mariah or Whitney's. She's consistently been voted above them in polls of great female artists in this country (even though none of them are what I would define as artists).

So I say Celine. She was amazing in her way, whereas I never felt Mariah or Whitney quite were.

MH0861
Nov 26th, 2006, 12:22 AM
Mariah's voice was great live for the first 5/6 years or so of her career. Really, a lot changed after she got divorced, whether coincidentally or not -- the vocals on her albums incorporated more whispers and sharper "belting" that used to come easy to her, and her live performances for the most part haven't been as strong.

Interestingly, Celine's voice has always been top notch, right? I haven't heard her material from the last few years but I'm pretty sure she's as good as ever. At their respective bests, I'd place them Whitney - Mariah - Celine, although at the moment it's probably Celine - Mariah - Whitney.