PDA

View Full Version : French soccer match turns deadly: police come to aid of Israeli supporter

"Sluggy"
Nov 24th, 2006, 01:12 PM
PARIS, France (Reuters) -- A policeman shot dead a Paris St Germain fan and seriously injured another late on Thursday following the French team's defeat by Hapoel Tel Aviv in the UEFA Cup, police officials said.

Early indications suggested the plainclothes policeman came to the rescue of a French supporter of the Israeli team who was attacked by PSG fans outside the stadium in southwestern Paris.

A group of up to 150 fans then turned on the policeman.

At first he let off a tear gas canister to try to disperse his assailants, then fired his gun, killing one man immediately and injuring another.

"This is the darkest period in the history of the club," said PSG chairman Alain Cayzac. "It is a period I am not proud of."

Police said the PSG fans appeared to be far-right sympathisers and were chanting "France for the French" as they confronted the Hapoel supporter. The lone policeman was black.

"I am shattered by what happened after the game at Parc des Princes," said French Professional Football League (LFP) president Frederic Thiriez, who was to meet French Interior minister Nicolas Sarkozy later on Friday.

"We must get to the bottom of this and football, together with the authorities, must find ways to ensure this never happens again," Thiriez said in a statement.

The Paris prosecutor's office, which has opened a formal investigation into the killing, said on Friday it was not yet possible to reconstruct exactly what had happened as witness accounts varied.

But it said initial indications suggested that the policeman had acted in legitimate defense after he was attacked, either on his own or while trying to protect a Tel Aviv supporter.

A journalist from weekly news magazine L'Express who said he witnessed the incident, said he saw a young black man in plain clothes apparently trying to protect someone from a menacing crowd before taking refuge in a nearby fast food restaurant.

In an account published on the L'Express Web site, the journalist, Philippe Broussard, said the crowd, which was shouting racist taunts and nationalist slogans such as "Red, White and Blue, France for the French!" was apparently initially unaware he was a policeman.

Broussard said he did not actually see the shooting.

The explosion of violence came after PSG suffered a shock 4-2 loss to their Tel Aviv opponents.

PSG has struggled for years to control a handful of hooligans, some of them far-right sympathisers.

France recently passed a law to tackle violent soccer fans and Sarkozy said additional measures would be introduced to the national assembly as soon as possible.

mandy7
Nov 24th, 2006, 01:27 PM
Okay, this is bad and all

but sluggy, you seem to post French news at least 3 times a week or so
if ppl on this forum are interested, they'll get a french newspaper
visit french websites, whatever
they don't need you to make a thread when something happens, every. damn. time.

"Sluggy"
Nov 24th, 2006, 01:29 PM

where heck do you think i live mandy7, it's news, it's just news, good bad or ugly, just news. what do you want? bad news about countries not near your country? :lol:

^bibi^
Nov 24th, 2006, 01:32 PM
and here goes the Sluggy-Mandy show again :tape: :haha:

mandy7
Nov 24th, 2006, 01:34 PM
What does this have to do with how 'near' France is to Holland?
There's an entire country in between anyways.
Anyhow, I'm just saying, you don't seeme posting every little thing that happens in Holland.
We had elections, I made one thread. After the elections a couple things happened here. (non election related)
But do you see me posting it? Nope.
Do you see belgians post about every thing that happens in Belgium? nope
Do you see germans post about every thing that happens in Germany? nope
Do you see italians post about every thing that happens in Italy? nope
Do you see spaniards post about every thing that happens in Spain? nope
etc.

"Sluggy"
Nov 24th, 2006, 01:35 PM
and here goes the Sluggy-Mandy show again :tape: :haha:

How much does this show cost and when do i get paid, and pain and suffering, when does she pay me for suffering. :mad:

*JR*
Nov 24th, 2006, 01:36 PM

Just because so little happens in NED, except plugging dykes, I mean dikes... :p

"Sluggy"
Nov 24th, 2006, 01:40 PM
[color=navy]What does this have to do with how 'near' France is to Holland?

I'm only trying to make sense of your paranoia - any problem in Europe is bad news to you.

There's an entire country in between anyways.

I'll thank my rabbi for that.

Anyhow, I'm just saying, you don't seeme posting every little thing that happens in Holland.

tons of people post news. Look on the threads today, we got stuff by another NYKer like me about Burkas, stuff about every current event. this is news.

We had elections, I made one thread. After the elections a couple things happened here. (non election related)
But do you see me posting it? Nope.

And you are entitled not to post it as you are entitled to get annoyed by me posting articles i find noteworthy.

Do you see belgians post about every thing that happens in Belgium? nope

no, i see belgians cringing every time anyone suggest post bad news about Belgium, and especially violent or sexual crimes that allegedly happen there.

Do you see germans post about every thing that happens in Germany? nope

sure, tons of stuff, comes to mind is that brave girl in neighbouring austria was escaped after years of captivity.

Do you see italians post about every thing that happens in Italy? nope

I dont get your point. My last thread was about S. Royal, future president of France. What's controversial about that? What was controversial about my wine fair thread.?

Diam's
Nov 24th, 2006, 01:40 PM
and this morning 30 supporters interrupted the team training!
should I make a thread about it ? :bounce:

"Sluggy"
Nov 24th, 2006, 01:41 PM
Just because so little happens in NED, except plugging dykes, I mean dikes... :p

You stole my only joke about Holland, i like to say, We got more dikes in NY than they got in the land of the frozen canals (which dont actually freeze any more).:rolleyes:

"Sluggy"
Nov 24th, 2006, 01:42 PM
and this morning 30 supporters interrupted the team training!
should I make a thread about it ? :bounce:

I've had enough of this Diam, it's news and i'll talk about it, unless you send me a girl and some homecooked cocous:hearts: , i'll talk til im blue in the face. :lol:

^bibi^
Nov 24th, 2006, 01:43 PM
*seats comfortably and start eating pop-corn*

Diam's
Nov 24th, 2006, 01:46 PM

You should go in the "worst food" thread, he said something to piss mandy7 off but still no reaction :lol:

^bibi^
Nov 24th, 2006, 01:47 PM
You should go in the "worst food" thread, he said something to piss mandy7 off but still no reaction :lol:

:lol: I didn't see that

"Sluggy"
Nov 24th, 2006, 01:47 PM

Speak english bibi - its "sIts comfortably", but i just love your frenchie accent.:p

^bibi^
Nov 24th, 2006, 01:48 PM
Speak english bibi - its "sIts comfortably", but i just love your frenchie accent.:p

oops :p and don't try to seduce me to take your side against Mandy :lol: I'm a neutral spectator :p

Diam's
Nov 24th, 2006, 01:50 PM
eh "Sluggy" y aurait pas une faute dans ton titre par hasard ?

mandy7
Nov 24th, 2006, 01:51 PM
I'm only trying to make sense of your paranoia - any problem in Europe is bad news to you.
why do you think i have a problem with bad news in europe?
why do you need to put words in my mouth?
why can't you just stick to the things that were posted
instead of making things up
you make things up and still lose 99% of all your arguments

tons of people post news. Look on the threads today, we got stuff by another NYKer like me about Burkas, stuff about every current event. this is news.
tons of ppl post 1 thread each about something
you post shitloads of threads every month

And you are entitled not to post it as you are entitled to get annoyed by me posting articles i find noteworthy.
somehow you are still entitled to spam this f-ing forum :rolleyes:

no, i see belgians cringing every time anyone suggest post bad news about Belgium, and especially violent or sexual crimes that allegedly happen there.
yeah, luckily those only hapen in Belgium and never somewhere else on this planet:rolleyes:

sure, tons of stuff, comes to mind is that brave girl in neighbouring austria was escaped after years of captivity.
that was WORLD news dude :rolleyes:

I dont get your point. My last thread was about S. Royal, future president of France. What's controversial about that? What was controversial about my wine fair thread.?
did i say your threads are controversial?
if so. where did i say that?

and let's wait for elections till we call someone future president.

Princeza
Nov 24th, 2006, 01:54 PM
solution = arrêter le foot

^bibi^
Nov 24th, 2006, 01:55 PM
:)

"Sluggy"
Nov 24th, 2006, 01:57 PM
oops :p and don't try to seduce me to take your side against Mandy :lol: I'm a neutral spectator :p

If I was trying to seduce you (which i wasnt cause this is the internet and that's not nice) it definitely wouldn't be to get you to side against mandy7, I have really nothing against her. ;)

"Sluggy"
Nov 24th, 2006, 01:59 PM

Pourqoui? Sluggy est l'adjective de "slug", ce qui est une limace en francais, un insecte dégoutante qui laisse un chemin de bavure - very pleasant nest pas?

^bibi^
Nov 24th, 2006, 02:00 PM
If I was trying to seduce you (which i wasnt cause this is the internet and that's not nice) it definitely wouldn't be to get you to side against mandy7, I have really nothing against her. ;)

:p

^bibi^
Pourqoui? Sluggy est l'adjective de "slug", ce qui est une limace en francais, un insecte dégoutante qui laisse un chemin de bavure - very pleasant nest pas?

:tape:

Giuliano
Si c'est le "come", en anglais, police est pluriel.

Diam's
Nov 24th, 2006, 02:01 PM
I was talking about the thread title :
police come to aid of Israeli supporter

"Sluggy"
Nov 24th, 2006, 02:01 PM
why do you think i have a problem with bad news in europe?
why do you need to put words in my mouth?
why can't you just stick to the things that were posted
instead of making things up
you make things up and still lose 99% of all your arguments

tons of ppl post 1 thread each about something
you post shitloads of threads every month

somehow you are still entitled to spam this f-ing forum :rolleyes:

yeah, luckily those only hapen in Belgium and never somewhere else on this planet:rolleyes:

that was WORLD news dude :rolleyes:

did i say your threads are controversial?
if so. where did i say that?

and let's wait for elections till we call someone future president.

Sluggy answers in strange voice, "She doesn't like us, she wants us to go away, she thinks we are here to cause trouble and we dont like her continent ... we should go away, and wander the earth, go to the ice caps, and drift away on a block of ice ..." ;)

Diam's
Nov 24th, 2006, 02:03 PM

Ah OK merci ;)
ça veut donc dire que "Sluggy" n'a fait aucune erreur dans son titre :eek: :worship:

"Sluggy"
Nov 24th, 2006, 02:03 PM

Why do you keep talking about "come" - sh Come can be used in many ways. Come can be used to describe a past event, yet remain in the present tense. You can also say, "came" to the fans aid. eg, i came to the the aid of an Israeli fan, or "police come to the aid of fan" - i dont believe the meaning of come changes though.

"Sluggy"
Nov 24th, 2006, 02:04 PM
Ah OK merci ;)
ça veut donc dire que "Sluggy" n'a fait aucune erreur dans son titre :eek: :worship:

Come on Eileen, (the song) oh come on Eileen.

James
Nov 24th, 2006, 02:05 PM
Kids, let's try to keep this thread on topic. There is no need for another round of fighting between certain individuals.

Diam's
Nov 24th, 2006, 02:07 PM
Why do you keep talking about "come" - sh Come can be used in many ways. Come can be used to describe a past event, yet remain in the present tense. You can also say, "came" to the fans aid. eg, i came to the the aid of an Israeli fan, or "police come to the aid of fan" - i dont believe the meaning of come changes though.

Non mais je pensais qu'on devait écrire comeS because in French, 'police' is singular.

Giuliano
Nov 24th, 2006, 02:08 PM
I was only explaining that police is plural in English, so "come" was correct. Diam's was wondering if you should have written "comes".

Lord Nelson
Nov 24th, 2006, 02:09 PM

Maybe you should give English lessons to some of these people. :yeah:
Anyway, English is an easier language than French, no accents or terminaisons er, é etc.. to choose from. Ex. J'ai travaillé, Je vais travailler.

mandy7
Nov 24th, 2006, 02:10 PM
Sluggy answers in strange voice, "She doesn't like us, she wants us to go away, she thinks we are here to cause trouble and we dont like her continent ... we should go away, and wander the earth, go to the ice caps, and drift away on a block of ice ..." ;)

where is this continent crap coming from??
why do you think i have a problem with you cause you post about a country in europe
a country i don't give a shit about, the only good things from france are baguettes and some posters of this board

just reply, just show some balls and explain why you put words in my mouth i've never said
if you can't win, fine, but just admit it, don't lie

^bibi^
Nov 24th, 2006, 02:11 PM
:rolleyes:

Diam's
Nov 24th, 2006, 02:12 PM

yeah he should teach us how to write English without vowels :lol:

mandy7
Nov 24th, 2006, 02:13 PM
:rolleyes:
naar wie rol jij je ogen?

(ik neem gewoon aan dat je als belg zowel vlaams als frans beheerst, en zo niet, slechte zaak, moeten ze wat aan doen op jullie scholen)

Sam L
Nov 24th, 2006, 02:14 PM
yeah he should teach us how to write English without vowels :lol:

Like Hebrew?

^bibi^
Nov 24th, 2006, 02:14 PM
naar wie rol jij je ogen?

(ik neem gewoon aan dat je als belg zowel vlaams als frans beheerst, en zo niet, slechte zaak, moeten ze wat aan doen op jullie scholen)

naar de hele thread :lol:

^bibi^
Nov 24th, 2006, 02:16 PM
Kids, let's try to keep this thread on topic. There is no need for another round of fighting between certain individuals.

Kids ? ummh.. we've been very very bad kinds, daddy ? :lick:

Sam L
Nov 24th, 2006, 02:19 PM
Kids ? ummh.. we've been very very bad kinds, daddy ? :lick:
Woof!

^bibi^
Nov 24th, 2006, 02:20 PM
Woof!

You're wrong, the new dog thread is just the one beneath this one :haha:

"Sluggy"
Nov 24th, 2006, 02:21 PM
Anyway, English is an easier language than French, no accents or terminaisons er, é etc.. to choose from. Ex. J'ai travaillé, Je vais travailler.

If they'll pay me I will.

Diam's
Nov 24th, 2006, 02:22 PM
If they'll pay me I will.

The Dutch speak better English than the Americans, so we don't need you :angel:

^bibi^
Nov 24th, 2006, 02:23 PM
The Dutch speak better English than the Americans, so we don't need you :angel:

so true :p

"Sluggy"
Nov 24th, 2006, 02:24 PM
where is this continent crap coming from??

:hearts:

why do you think i have a problem with you cause you post about a country in europe

Cause you keep saying it.

a country i don't give a shit about, the only good things from france are baguettes and some posters of this board

You should give a shit, it's a stone's throw away.

just reply, just show some balls and explain why you put words in my mouth i've never said[/COLOR]

Kneidlich (which means "matza balls") or do you mean the other kind? I dont recall putting any words (or anything else for that matter) in your mouth :help:

[if you can't win, fine, but just admit it, don't lie

Beaten like a step child.:lol: