PDA

View Full Version : Best Australian City?

LH2HBH
Nov 23rd, 2006, 11:36 PM
OK, OK so what next?

I thought of somewhere else with exciting / great cities and I thought of Australia for sure!

VOTE!

aussie12
Nov 23rd, 2006, 11:39 PM
melbourne then gold coast then brisbane

Epigone
Nov 23rd, 2006, 11:55 PM
Representing Brisvegas :cool:

aussie12
Nov 23rd, 2006, 11:57 PM
please do not call it brisvegas, its so trashy sounding

F-R-E-A-K
Nov 23rd, 2006, 11:57 PM
:wavey: I really enjoy Sydney and Melbourne :hearts: :hearts:

LH2HBH
Nov 23rd, 2006, 11:59 PM
Sydney

Nacho
Nov 24th, 2006, 12:06 AM
Sydney, then Melbourne

And then Gold Coast & Adelaide

Epigone
Nov 24th, 2006, 12:11 AM
please do not call it brisvegas, its so trashy soundingWell, it's hardly the classiest place on earth :p

aussie12
Nov 24th, 2006, 12:15 AM
brisbane has class, and it has no similarities with vegas so i dont get why it is called that. anyway it is better then stuck up sydney.

fnuf7
Nov 24th, 2006, 12:18 AM
I voted Sydney cos it just seemed such a lovely place when I visited on my gap year, really a place I would consider emigrating to and setting up home in :) Then again I did spend most of my time there so perhaps it my favourite cos I know it the best out of where I visited in Australia...Cairns seemed nice too, if a little small... ;)

Langers
Nov 24th, 2006, 02:38 AM
Adelaide. :worship: ;)

But in all seriousness, Melbourne is great and I don't know why it's on so little.

kfh_9118
Nov 24th, 2006, 02:44 AM
Melbourne is the best

Mateo Mathieu
Nov 24th, 2006, 02:51 AM
What are you looking for, exactly?

Brett.
Nov 24th, 2006, 02:55 AM
MELBOURNE!!! It's a cosmopolitan and multicutural city! Beautiful city! :hearts:

DutchieGirl
Nov 24th, 2006, 03:48 AM
Melbourne, but I love most Aussie cities - just Adelaide's a bit boring.

Langers
Nov 24th, 2006, 03:52 AM
Melbourne, but I love most Aussie cities - just Adelaide's a bit boring.
I live here and think it's great.

Boring how? For tourists? Perhaps, but not to the people that live here. There is pretty much everything you need.

DutchieGirl
Nov 24th, 2006, 03:54 AM
I live here and think it's great.

Boring how? For tourists? Perhaps, but not to the people that live here. There is pretty much everything you need.

That's fine if you like it. I don't. My Grandad lives there, so I've been there enough. Glenelg was the only good thing there, and they got rid of Magic Mountain, so it sucks even more now!

Langers
Nov 24th, 2006, 04:03 AM
That's fine if you like it. I don't. My Grandad lives there, so I've been there enough. Glenelg was the only good thing there, and they got rid of Magic Mountain, so it sucks even more now!
Magic Mountain! :lol: I actually can't ever remember going there. :tape:

Yeh Glenelg is very nice indeed, and the city despite being very small is nice. North Adelaide is magnificent.

Cage
Nov 24th, 2006, 04:05 AM
GoldCoast :angel:

miss_molik
Nov 24th, 2006, 06:52 AM
SYDNEY by far

Princess Sarah.
Nov 24th, 2006, 07:04 AM
Sydney!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Glad to see no one voted for Canberra:wavey:

gentenaire
Nov 24th, 2006, 07:30 AM
My sister is emigrating to Australia in two weeks. They're going to Perth. They didn't feel like living in Sydney because the high house prices would mean they'd have to commute to work for an hour.

mandy7
Nov 24th, 2006, 07:32 AM
Only Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Perth are citiesthe rest are jut big towns :devil:

Anyways, I've been to 8 outta 10 places
and i pick Brisbane.
Not as hectic as Melb and Syd.
But still plenty of things to do
and good night life too :p.

But i have to add, Perth is gorgeous too
And Melb and Syd are just cool huge cities

mandy7
Nov 24th, 2006, 07:34 AM
Representing Brisvegas :cool:

A city i would definately live in :cool:
viva Brisvegas

Prizeidiot
Nov 24th, 2006, 07:57 AM
Sydney and Melbourne are pretty much the same thing. For those not familiar with both places here are the main points of difference:

- Sydneysiders prefer NRL over AFL, Melbourners prefer AFL over NRL

.... and that's about it (ie Sydney wins)

Langers
Nov 24th, 2006, 08:14 AM
Sydney and Melbourne are pretty much the same thing. For those not familiar with both places here are the main points of difference:

If that's what we are basing our comparisons on...

Melbourbe >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sydney.

mandy7
Nov 24th, 2006, 08:16 AM
If that's what we are basing our comparisons on...

Melbourbe >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sydney.

And Tully >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Adelaide
:p

Prizeidiot
Nov 24th, 2006, 08:19 AM
And Tully >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Adelaide
:p
Haven't heard of Tully, but I've seen Adelaide, so I'll back you there.

What does Adelaide actually have? They call it the city of churches, but, I dno, I think ROME might have something to say about that (to steal a piece from comedian Danny Bhoy)

Langers
Nov 24th, 2006, 08:34 AM
Haven't heard of Tully, but I've seen Adelaide, so I'll back you there.

What does Adelaide actually have? They call it the city of churches, but, I dno, I think ROME might have something to say about that (to steal a piece from comedian Danny Bhoy)
Me. Should be enough to lead the poll I would've thought. :confused: ;)

Oh and Mandy, Tully doesn't ring a bell, sorry. :o

mandy7
Nov 24th, 2006, 08:37 AM
Oh and Mandy, Tully doesn't ring a bell, sorry. :o

that was the point :p

Hachiko
Nov 24th, 2006, 08:38 AM
Melbourne.

Martian Stacey
Nov 24th, 2006, 08:42 AM
Sydney of course :D

We're winning so far :banana:

Langers
Nov 24th, 2006, 08:42 AM
that was the point :p
I see.

Well then, Adelaide >>>>>> Melbourne >>> Tully.

Martian Stacey
Nov 24th, 2006, 08:45 AM

Oath!

On another note, anyone seen what they putting on the harbour bridge for new years this year? I've been trying to work out what it is when going over the bridge on the train :lol: To me it looks a bit like a coathanger :confused: :lol:

AUSBOY
Nov 24th, 2006, 08:46 AM
If you are talking to live in Melbourne kicks arse, its so much cheaper, the food/restaurants/cafes are way better. In Sydney or Perth its hit or miss if you go out, 50% good, 50% crap, and its usually the service/price/food that sucks hehe where as in Melbourne its more like 90% good 10% crap. Melbourne has way more events/culture/art than both. Only thing Sydney/Perth have over Melb is better climate and their city harbour/city beaches respectively, but at least we have more water LOL

mandy7
Nov 24th, 2006, 08:51 AM
I see.

Well then, Adelaide >>>>>> Melbourne >>> Tully.

Haha, adelaide is not better than melbourne! and i think you know that :p
anyhow
tully is in the north of queensland, 150k's or so under cairns
it's a town that lives of.......... banana farms
it's a total backpacker town
real small, but quite fun, since all the backpackers get drunk most nights :p

Langers
Nov 24th, 2006, 08:55 AM
Haha, adelaide is not better than melbourne! and i think you know that :p
anyhow
tully is in the north of queensland, 150k's or so under cairns
it's a town that lives of.......... banana farms
it's a total backpacker town
real small, but quite fun, since all the backpackers get drunk most nights :p
Yeh Melbourne is awesome, go there pretty much every year, whether that be for footy, tennis or cricket.

I've actually never been to Sydney. :o

Cool, sounds like a pretty entertaining place. I'd imagine they'll be getting pretty drunk tonight after watching the cricket all day. :p

Philbo
Nov 24th, 2006, 09:18 AM
Cant beat the beaches of sydney.

Ems__
Nov 24th, 2006, 09:19 AM
There are way too many Sydneysiders here, Melbourne owns Sydney in every respect. Melbourne is incredibly underrated, for a start it has much more charm, the people are friendlier and its more culturally diverse. Its the modern city with a touch of Europe. Okay I'll stop now.
But seriously, visit both and make up your own mind. If I were a tourist and had to pick 4 cities to visit in Australia then its easily Melbourne, Perth, Sydney and Brisbane.

hdfb
Nov 24th, 2006, 09:22 AM
Can't beat Melbourne!

Philbo
Nov 24th, 2006, 09:33 AM
There are way too many Sydneysiders here, Melbourne owns Sydney in every respect. Melbourne is incredibly underrated, for a start it has much more charm, the people are friendlier and its more culturally diverse. Its the modern city with a touch of Europe. Okay I'll stop now.
But seriously, visit both and make up your own mind. If I were a tourist and had to pick 4 cities to visit in Australia then its easily Melbourne, Perth, Sydney and Brisbane.

LOL @ Melbourne having a touch of Europe....

Sydney has a world class harbour that makes the city beautiful - Melbourne has a big poo coloured river running through it - no comparison!

-Ph51-
Nov 24th, 2006, 10:08 AM
Perth :angel:

DutchieGirl
Nov 24th, 2006, 10:09 AM

:bolt: No freakin way! Sydney and Melbourne are NOT the same thing! Melbourne is the sports, arts and food capital of Australia... Sydney has the NRL... :woohoo: for Sydney! :p

DutchieGirl
Nov 24th, 2006, 10:11 AM
LOL @ Melbourne having a touch of Europe....

Sydney has a world class harbour that makes the city beautiful - Melbourne has a big poo coloured river running through it - no comparison!

Melbourne also has St. Kilda beach, and now docklands. :ras:

oh, and the AUSSIE OPEN! :p

Wolf-man
Nov 24th, 2006, 10:13 AM
Melbourne

(go the storm!!!! :D)

Martian Stacey
Nov 24th, 2006, 10:18 AM
Melbourne also has St. Kilda beach, and now docklands. :ras:

oh, and the AUSSIE OPEN! :p
That doesn't count as a beach, there are like no waves :lol: ;)

DutchieGirl
Nov 24th, 2006, 10:21 AM
That doesn't count as a beach, there are like no waves :lol: ;)

You want waves? So go to Torquay - why do we need waves? :p

mandy7
Nov 24th, 2006, 10:22 AM
You want waves? So go to Torquay - why do we need waves? :p

oh, i know i know i know :yippee:

to surf! :D

DutchieGirl
Nov 24th, 2006, 10:24 AM
oh, i know i know i know :yippee:

to surf! :D

There's enough other stuff to do in Melbourne (and at St. Kilda) - so if you wanna surf, go to Torquay. ;) I prefer to rollerblade along the path in St. K anyway!

Wolf-man
Nov 24th, 2006, 10:25 AM
do you mean Torquay in England, or is there one in Australia? :p

mandy7
Nov 24th, 2006, 10:25 AM
There's enough other stuff to do in Melbourne (and at St. Kilda) - so if you wanna surf, go to Torquay. ;) I prefer to rollerblade along the path in St. K anyway!

I prefer being anywhere in Australia rather than being here rightnow with this SHIT weather :p

DutchieGirl
Nov 24th, 2006, 10:26 AM
do you mean Torquay in England, or is there one in Australia? :p

Yes...the one in England... :rolleyes: :p

Of course there's one in Australia - it's about an hour from Melbourne. :p

DutchieGirl
Nov 24th, 2006, 10:27 AM
I prefer being anywhere in Australia rather than being here rightnow with this SHIT weather :p

Wanna swap? Oh wait...you live to close to "that place"...oh well...if I can live somewhere else in NL - wanna swap? :P

mandy7
Nov 24th, 2006, 10:32 AM
Wanna swap? Oh wait...you live to close to "that place"...oh well...if I can live somewhere else in NL - wanna swap? :P

I live in a very friendly town actually, with a train station that has 4 trains an hour that go to the bigger cities :D
And you'll change your mind about Rotterdam when you spend some time here again.
And if you are willing to be open minded, instead of deciding you don't wanna like it when you go there again.

Anyways, nah, i don't wanna swap, i love my family too much to be away from them for so long. Maybe when my sister's kids are older and can deal with it better.
But thanks for the offer :yeah: ;)

Invisible Fan
Nov 24th, 2006, 10:33 AM
I voted for Melbourne - mostly because it has the Australian Open :lol:

DutchieGirl
Nov 24th, 2006, 10:34 AM
I live in a very friendly town actually, with a train station that has 4 trains an hour that go to the bigger cities :D
And you'll change your mind about Rotterdam when you spend some time here again.
And if you are willing to be open minded, instead of deciding you don't wanna like it when you go there again.

Anyways, nah, i don't wanna swap, i love my family too much to be away from them for so long. Maybe when my sister's kids are older and can deal with it better.
But thanks for the offer :yeah: ;)

I don't need to go there again - I've been there enough to see that I don't like it. :p And I won't decide I don't like it when I go there again because I don't plan to go there again. :p

:lol: Well unless you change your mind in 2 years, the offer's probably off. :p (I plan to move to NL in a couple of years). :p

mandy7
Nov 24th, 2006, 10:36 AM
I don't need to go there again - I've been there enough to see that I don't like it. :p And I won't decide I don't like it when I go there again because I don't plan to go there again. :p

:lol: Well unless you change your mind in 2 years, the offer's probably off. :p (I plan to move to NL in a couple of years). :p

Okay, here's the deal, WHEN you move to Holland, gimme one more chance to warm you up to my wonderfull city :D

Anyhow, where would you wanna live?
Delft?

DutchieGirl
Nov 24th, 2006, 10:39 AM
Okay, here's the deal, WHEN you move to Holland, gimme one more chance to warm you up to my wonderfull city :D

Anyhow, where would you wanna live?
Delft?

erm... you and me, walking around a city together? :bolt: :p

Not sure. Maybe in Den Haag or Delft, maybe near your other "fave" city. ;) It'd depend where I could get a job. I wouldn't wanna live in Eindhoven, that much is sure, and probably not Maastricht (nice city, but my ex is from there).

mandy7
Nov 24th, 2006, 10:47 AM
erm... you and me, walking around a city together? :bolt: :p

Not sure. Maybe in Den Haag or Delft, maybe near your other "fave" city. ;) It'd depend where I could get a job. I wouldn't wanna live in Eindhoven, that much is sure, and probably not Maastricht (nice city, but my ex is from there).

Hey, i'm a nice person, so don't worry about it, no need to :bolt:

Haha, how about Utrecht? :p Utrecht's nice.
Maastricht is cool, but besides from your ex living there, it sucks,c ause it's so far away from the rest of Holland, we might as well seel it to Belgium, lol.
Den Haag is okay-ish, bit too criminal-ish for me. and a'damn is way too criminal, i wouldn't feel safe.
Eindhoven... hmm, dunno, kinda boring. But decent looking, ppl talk funny though :lol:

skanky~skanketta
Nov 24th, 2006, 11:07 AM
i voted Perth cuz i live here, but Sydney is my fave. i LOVE it.

Prizeidiot
Nov 24th, 2006, 11:49 AM
:bolt: No freakin way! Sydney and Melbourne are NOT the same thing! Melbourne is the sports, arts and food capital of Australia... Sydney has the NRL... :woohoo: for Sydney! :p
You know, Sydney was rated 2nd behind Melbourne in terms of sports, so it's not one way traffic there. And even then, Melbourners worship a sport where you get points for missing. :p

And as for that friendly people thing about Melbourne, it's not true. 6 years ago when I visited my cousins in Melbourne for a few weeks, we went to see a movie. And while waiting in line for icecream, my cousins and I were discussing something. And this little girl standing in front of me turned around and told me to "shut up". For no reason! I said "pardon?" as all polite Sydneysiders do, and she repeated "shut up." The NERVE of those Melbourners :mad:

hdfb
Nov 24th, 2006, 11:52 AM
Melbourne's leading for once! :p

Prizeidiot
Nov 24th, 2006, 12:01 PM
This is ridiculous, didn't anyone read my story? Melbourners are horrible, horrible people!

Seriously, John Howard, Peter Costello, and all the bad politicians, plus Mel Gibson and Russell Crowe come from Melbourne. And all the venomous snakes and spiders live there. On the other hand, Kylie Minogue, Hugh Jackman, Cate Blanchett, Nicole Kidman, all Australian sporting teams, the Wiggles and anyone else that's likeable live in Sydney. Plus we have koalas, kangaroos and other cuddly creatures :p

Dahveed
Nov 24th, 2006, 12:18 PM
Interesting poll.

I'm gonna spend next year in Australia and will begin my journey in Melbourne. So as it's currently leading the poll i guess i made the right choice ;) I plan to go to Sydney later in the year too. What about Tasmania?

Prizeidiot
Nov 24th, 2006, 12:25 PM
Interesting poll.

I'm gonna spend next year in Australia and will begin my journey in Melbourne. So as it's currently leading the poll i guess i made the right choice ;) I plan to go to Sydney later in the year too. What about Tasmania?
If you look at the back of the medals from the 2000 Sydney Olympics you'd notice Tasmania is not part of the country (seriously, even now, that mistake is still hilarious :lol: )

But seriously, I don't know much about Tasmania. But I've never heard anyone complain about it. Just the inbred jokes. But I don't think that's true...

Sam L
Nov 24th, 2006, 12:30 PM
Interesting poll.

Hey Dahveed, enjoy your trip. As for Tassie, do you like nature or not? If you like bushwalking and stuff go to Tasmania, if not don't bother.

hdfb
Nov 24th, 2006, 12:34 PM
This is ridiculous, didn't anyone read my story? Melbourners are horrible, horrible people!

Seriously, John Howard, Peter Costello, and all the bad politicians, plus Mel Gibson and Russell Crowe come from Melbourne. And all the venomous snakes and spiders live there. On the other hand, Kylie Minogue, Hugh Jackman, Cate Blanchett, Nicole Kidman, all Australian sporting teams, the Wiggles and anyone else that's likeable live in Sydney. Plus we have koalas, kangaroos and other cuddly creatures :p

Someone's a bit bitter. Melbourne is just awesome!

Barrie_Dude
Nov 24th, 2006, 05:14 PM
Melbourne cuz of tennis and F1

Ilikebigboobies
Nov 24th, 2006, 05:19 PM
:haha:

You included Cairns and not Townsville? :smash:

Townsville wins this. :banana: :rocker2: :music:

Ilikebigboobies
Nov 24th, 2006, 05:25 PM
Tully doesn't ring a bell, sorry. :o
I live about one hour from Tully. :wavey:

It is the wetest place in the state. :umbrella:

Philbo
Nov 24th, 2006, 05:34 PM
Torquay is not in Melbourne and therefore not part of the discussion.

St Kilda beach? what a joke!

Sydney is Australia's iconic city that is most recognised overseas. The harbour bridge, the opera house, the harbour in general are recognised the world over.

Melbourne has no iconic landmarks.

Melbourne does have better sporting events, but we had the Olympics which melbourners still arent completely recovered from...

Depends on sexuality too - if youre gay, its a no brainer - Melbourne has no gay night life compared with sydney period.

Melbourne is a nice place to visit, but the lifestyle of living in sydney with a dozen top beaches to choose from on any given weekend....that beach lifestyle just cant be beat imo...

DutchieGirl
Nov 24th, 2006, 08:40 PM
Hey, i'm a nice person, so don't worry about it, no need to :bolt:

Haha, how about Utrecht? :p Utrecht's nice.
Maastricht is cool, but besides from your ex living there, it sucks,c ause it's so far away from the rest of Holland, we might as well seel it to Belgium, lol.
Den Haag is okay-ish, bit too criminal-ish for me. and a'damn is way too criminal, i wouldn't feel safe.
Eindhoven... hmm, dunno, kinda boring. But decent looking, ppl talk funny though :lol:

erm - we turned this into an NL city talk but... I don't like Eindhoven, or Utrecht really.

DutchieGirl
Nov 24th, 2006, 08:41 PM
You know, Sydney was rated 2nd behind Melbourne in terms of sports, so it's not one way traffic there. And even then, Melbourners worship a sport where you get points for missing. :p

And as for that friendly people thing about Melbourne, it's not true. 6 years ago when I visited my cousins in Melbourne for a few weeks, we went to see a movie. And while waiting in line for icecream, my cousins and I were discussing something. And this little girl standing in front of me turned around and told me to "shut up". For no reason! I said "pardon?" as all polite Sydneysiders do, and she repeated "shut up." The NERVE of those Melbourners :mad:

I never said Melburnians were more friendly, but I put up with my share of rude Sydneysiders when I was there too so :shrug: SHit happens everywhere. :p

DutchieGirl
Nov 24th, 2006, 08:42 PM

I'm sorry, but :weirdo:

DutchieGirl
Nov 24th, 2006, 08:43 PM
If you look at the back of the medals from the 2000 Sydney Olympics you'd notice Tasmania is not part of the country (seriously, even now, that mistake is still hilarious :lol: )

But seriously, I don't know much about Tasmania. But I've never heard anyone complain about it. Just the inbred jokes. But I don't think that's true...

Tasmania is actually REALLY nice. It's go beautiful scenery. The "towns" aren't so big, but it's still really pretty in Tasmania!

mandy7
Nov 24th, 2006, 08:43 PM
erm - we turned this into an NL city talk but... I don't like Eindhoven, or Utrecht really.

oh, right, aussie cities..
uhm

BRISBANE :rocker2:

DutchieGirl
Nov 24th, 2006, 08:48 PM
Torquay is not in Melbourne and therefore not part of the discussion.

St Kilda beach? what a joke!

Sydney is Australia's iconic city that is most recognised overseas. The harbour bridge, the opera house, the harbour in general are recognised the world over.

Melbourne has no iconic landmarks.

Melbourne does have better sporting events, but we had the Olympics which melbourners still arent completely recovered from...

Depends on sexuality too - if youre gay, its a no brainer - Melbourne has no gay night life compared with sydney period.

Melbourne is a nice place to visit, but the lifestyle of living in sydney with a dozen top beaches to choose from on any given weekend....that beach lifestyle just cant be beat imo...

I never said Torquay WAS in Melbourne - in fact in a later post I said it's about an HOUR from Melbourne - please read! And ASt. Kilda is NOT a joke. It's nice down there! Plus they have great shops nearby! :p

Umm I'm sorry - YOU had the olympics - well guess what - we beat you to that 1956 Melbourne had the Olympics! :haha:

Yeah, because there's such a big gay population in the world for them to choose Sydney over Melbourne, and St. Kilda has gay nightlife btw.

And i hate the beach anyway, I'd much rather better sporting events than getting sand in my undies ever goddamn day!

And just because you might be recognised more overseas doesn't mean you are the better city!

DutchieGirl
Nov 24th, 2006, 08:51 PM
oh, right, aussie cities..
uhm

BRISBANE :rocker2:

:lol: Yeah, Brissy's OK. ;)

Jodie
Nov 24th, 2006, 08:55 PM
Brisbane :yeah:

DutchieGirl
Nov 24th, 2006, 08:56 PM
Brisbane :yeah:

:lol: You've never been there... only coz Jodie's from closeby! :p

Kim's_fan_4ever
Nov 24th, 2006, 08:56 PM
Adelaide coz Hewitt was born there :lol:

DutchieGirl
Nov 24th, 2006, 08:58 PM

:help: :p

Jodie
Nov 24th, 2006, 09:10 PM
:lol: You've never been there... only coz Jodie's from closeby! :p

I already loved Brisbane before I even knew Jodie :p

Marcus1979
Nov 24th, 2006, 10:30 PM
Best Australian city depends on who u ask

ask a Melbournite and u will always get Melbourne as answer (or someone from Victoria)

ask a sydneysider and u will always get Sydney (or someone from New South wales)

these Sydney Vs Melbourne fights been going on for years :lol:

I love em

for the record I voted Sydney. I just love Sydney.

Nothing better than travelling over Sydney harbour.

I went past the bridge on a ferry last week and was wondering what they are putting on it for New Year this year I can't work it out :lol:

DutchieGirl
Nov 24th, 2006, 11:55 PM
I already loved Brisbane before I even knew Jodie :p

:lol: Sure sure :p

DutchieGirl
Nov 24th, 2006, 11:56 PM
Best Australian city depends on who u ask

ask a Melbournite and u will always get Melbourne as answer (or someone from Victoria)

ask a sydneysider and u will always get Sydney (or someone from New South wales)

these Sydney Vs Melbourne fights been going on for years :lol:

I love em

for the record I voted Sydney. I just love Sydney.

Nothing better than travelling over Sydney harbour.

I went past the bridge on a ferry last week and was wondering what they are putting on it for New Year this year I can't work it out :lol:

Not necessarily true. I thought a bit before choosing Melbourne actually. Because I do like Hobart, Brisbane, Perth and Canberra too!

Buitenzorg
Nov 25th, 2006, 01:39 AM
SYDNEY of course :kiss: follow by Melbourne ;)

Sydney v Melbourne is neck on neck

geegables
Nov 25th, 2006, 02:21 AM
I have only been to QLD out of the other options and i live in sydney. QLD is nice but Sydney is just so much better.

I honestly dont think any other Australian city can beat walking along the Sydney harbour at sunset, that is enough to beat the other cities by itself!

Prizeidiot
Nov 25th, 2006, 02:28 AM
I'd guess alot of people would probably hate Adelaide for a similar reason....

By the way, why did no one vote Canberra? It's aesthiecally quite nice actually, I don't even think rubbish exists there, and everything is symmetrical. And has that massive hill that Parliament House sits on that everyone can roll down. And QUESTACON!!!

DutchieGirl
Nov 25th, 2006, 03:21 AM

By the way, why did no one vote Canberra? It's aesthiecally quite nice actually, I don't even think rubbish exists there, and everything is symmetrical. And has that massive hill that Parliament House sits on that everyone can roll down. And QUESTACON!!!

I like Canberra, but the city is pretty dead. It's a nice looking city, but not so much nightlife, and it's mostly museum's and that sort of stuff. ;)

Invisible Fan
Nov 26th, 2006, 12:30 PM

No one voted for Canberra because of the politicians who work there probably...

hdfb
Nov 26th, 2006, 12:38 PM
or maybe because of the fact that Canberra is a hole D;

Invisible Fan
Nov 26th, 2006, 12:47 PM
No one's gone for Darwin or Cairns either. But Hobart got one vote :rocker2:

Andy.
Nov 26th, 2006, 01:23 PM
Sydney baby the one and only

Brett.
Nov 26th, 2006, 11:56 PM
Melbourne is leading for the first time! Thanks everyone for voting Melbourne which is my hometown! ;)

Veritas
Nov 27th, 2006, 02:47 AM
Melbourne has been voted world's most "liveable" city before, so that'll be my first choice. I haven't been to Sydney, but from the pictures and good reports, I guess that'll probably be my number two. Gold Coast isn't bad, but IMO Queensland is the most nationalistic of all Australian places with Cronulla Sydney coming in a close second.

Brett.
Nov 27th, 2006, 03:42 AM
I love Bondi Beach and Noosa Beach!

RJWCapriati
Nov 27th, 2006, 03:44 AM
Melbourne/Sydney

Marcus1979
Nov 27th, 2006, 04:12 AM
I love Manly beach :worship:

Alicia Rocks
Nov 27th, 2006, 06:33 AM
Sydney :D
followed by Gold Coast and Melbourne..

mandy7
Nov 27th, 2006, 08:04 AM
Darwin was quite boring, but that's cause i was there outta season
Cairns, non stop tourist town, full of backpackers and asians who wanna go to the great barrier reef
Adelaide, :yawn:
Gold Coast, party hard, don't look back, whatever happens in gold coast, stays in gold coast.
Perth, so pretty, always good weather, nice ppl, WA is way cool :D
Melbourne, awesome, they have the AO, what else do ya need? :p
Sydney, oh the harbour, so gorgeous
but my faveis,
Brisbane, just felt like home there :D

Mr.Kardashian
Nov 27th, 2006, 08:20 AM
canberra is beautiful!!! but so is sydney and melbourne and the gold coast is nice too.....

DutchieGirl
Nov 27th, 2006, 08:20 AM
Sydney :D
followed by Gold Coast and Melbourne..
:ras: You officially SUCK! :p

Langers
Nov 27th, 2006, 08:31 AM
Adelaide, :yawn:
I'm so sick of seeing this. :fiery:

Adelaide is great.

mandy7
Nov 27th, 2006, 08:51 AM
It's not, deal with it

Langers
Nov 27th, 2006, 09:01 AM
It's not, deal with it
Ummm okay then. :scratch:

Martian Stacey
Nov 27th, 2006, 10:33 AM

I'm sticking with its a coathanger for now ;) :lol:

Purple_Llama
Jan 3rd, 2007, 12:02 AM
Melbourne

*JR*
Jan 3rd, 2007, 01:04 AM
Walkabout Creek (from Crocodile Dundee). :p

louisa2k2
Jan 3rd, 2007, 02:42 AM
I voted for Sydney mostly cos ive lived here for 18 months now. Plus i love the harbour and the beaches.