PDA

View Full Version : Best Canadian City?

LH2HBH
Nov 23rd, 2006, 07:48 PM
Best Canadian City?

This may be a tough one for you those who have never been but I want to know the general opinion out there!

I've listed 10 Canadian Cities - time to weigh in and vote!

It does not matter if you have visited or not, give your opinion anyway and why!

Crazy Canuck
Nov 23rd, 2006, 08:43 PM
I was tempted to vote Quebec City, but outside the old part... I remember the rest of it being a bit of a dive ;)

I voted Montreal. I'll come back and weigh in on why later :)

Kart
Nov 23rd, 2006, 08:49 PM
I've only been to Vancouver and Toronto :shrug:.

I thought the people in Vancouver were nicer.

tobe
Nov 23rd, 2006, 08:51 PM
well everyone who has been to Vancouver said how beatiful it is....but as i never went there (I really want to...) I m going for MTL....though T.O catches up (but mainly cos i lived there, and my love is Torontorian:) But MTL still has something more special, whole atmosphere, the French-Englsih mix, the old part, the river, just nice!

Wiggly
Nov 23rd, 2006, 09:59 PM
Quebec City. Nice and calm. And you can have fun.
Vancouver is also incredibly wonderful.

Montrela is the worst. I never liked that city. Too weird. Never felt safe:confused: :tape:

Reckoner
Nov 23rd, 2006, 10:08 PM
Winnipeg!!!!!!!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

It's an awesome city.

KoOlMaNsEaN
Nov 23rd, 2006, 10:09 PM
I loved Montreal the four times I went there. So nice and has a european taste to it and the old montreal just makes it better.

myxomatosis
Nov 23rd, 2006, 10:12 PM
Vancouver's more overtly awesome, but with Toronto you have to dig a little deeper to find the greatness. And that's what I love about it. The charm and the beauty are there, and if you take a closer look than the average tourist, you'll find a truly fantastic city.

Dementieva_Dude
Nov 23rd, 2006, 10:29 PM
Toronto! I love walking through the different neighbourhoods and seeing all the tiny shops, and trying all the different foods. It has a great entertainment district, great shopping, beautiful architecture and great people...oh god I could go on forever. Halifax, Van and Montréal are all great cities too, but for me, Toronto is the best

Nacho
Nov 23rd, 2006, 11:07 PM
Toronto

CN Tower rules :D

Josh
Nov 23rd, 2006, 11:24 PM
Toronto

CN Tower rules :D

Speaking of towers....haven't seen you around on skyscrapercity Nacho. Are you still visiting that forum?

My vote goes to Montréal.

LeRoy.
Nov 23rd, 2006, 11:25 PM
Montreal

myxomatosis
Nov 23rd, 2006, 11:47 PM
I've only been to Vancouver and Toronto :shrug:.

I thought the people in Vancouver were nicer.That's only cuz they were all spaced out on dope :devil:

Randy H
Nov 24th, 2006, 12:22 AM
I voted Toronto, just love everything about it really :)

I can easily see why one would choose Vancouver or Montreal too though, I'm quite fond of all of them, and they all have a different vibe as well which is great.

Winnipeg :scared: :scared: :scared:

The rest of the cities mentioned are nice, just not as big/busy, so if you like a calmer atmosphere then you'll probably enjoy most of them, especially Quebec City and Halifax IMO.

RatedR Superstar
Nov 24th, 2006, 12:24 AM
ive been to edmonton, toronto and quebec..i voted for quebec coz its so beautiful there :)

vw.
Nov 24th, 2006, 12:58 AM
Ottawa. But thats cuz I'm biased and I live there :angel:
No, its seriously a great city. Lotsa great places to visit and lotsa great people.

But I vote definitely could have gone to Vancouver, Montreal or Quebec. I love those three! :hearts:

Also, a city that wasn't listed here was London Ontario. I lived there too, and its one of the coziest and friendliest cities ever!

dementieva's fan
Nov 24th, 2006, 01:07 AM
Winnipeg :D :bounce:

stevos
Nov 24th, 2006, 01:15 AM
Parry Sound! No, I voted T.O. cus everyone time I go there (like twice a month) I get so excited, I don't like living in a small town and Toronto is my escape :worship:

That's only cuz they were all spaced out on dope :devil:

:haha: so true. My bro is out there, but he isn't doing that ;)

Ottawa. But thats cuz I'm biased and I live there :angel:
No, its seriously a great city. Lotsa great places to visit and lotsa great people.

But I vote definitely could have gone to Vancouver, Montreal or Quebec. I love those three! :hearts:

Also, a city that wasn't listed here was London Ontario. I lived there too, and its one of the coziest and friendliest cities ever!

London is nice, its so spaced out though. I like it.

Kunal
Nov 24th, 2006, 06:20 AM
T Dot!

TF Chipmunk
Nov 24th, 2006, 08:52 AM
Montreal beats Quebec City by a slight margin for me, though I would hardly consider neither of them being Canadian ;)