PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have advice on Acting work in Australia

go hingis
Nov 23rd, 2006, 07:30 AM
Does anybody know how to find auditions etc in Australia if you don't have an agent?

Looking for Acting, Presenting, Dancing etc Paid work in Australia and don't really know how to begin looking, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Princess Sarah.
Nov 23rd, 2006, 09:01 AM
move to la land ur self a role, then ur career in aus will take off

go hingis
Nov 23rd, 2006, 09:04 AM
Lol, that's what I was just saying to my sister. Make it in America and then Australia will claim you.

Sam L
Nov 23rd, 2006, 02:19 PM
Acting work in Australia? Why? :haha:

Philbo
Nov 23rd, 2006, 04:25 PM
Does anybody know how to find auditions etc in Australia if you don't have an agent?

Looking for Acting, Presenting, Dancing etc Paid work in Australia and don't really know how to begin looking, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Which city are you in? I know a good noticeboard in Surry Hills in Sydney thats always listing acting jobs and stuff like that.

There is a place in Surry Hills Sydney called The Actors Centre. Its a training place for actors.. They have a noticeboard with lots of info about auditions etc..

go hingis
Nov 23rd, 2006, 11:46 PM
I'm In Sydney. Currently I check Filmnet.org.au but there's not much and most things you find are Non Paid.

Thanks Czechfan!

aussie12
Nov 23rd, 2006, 11:50 PM
dont they have jobs in the paper, all calls for auditions. If your a good actor it shouldnt be too hard, look at the so called actors on home and away and neighbours

go hingis
Nov 24th, 2006, 12:04 AM
dont they have jobs in the paper, all calls for auditions. If your a good actor it shouldnt be too hard, look at the so called actors on home and away and neighbours

What are you trying to say :p. I'm looking for my sister. She had an agent up to the age of 18 and had appeared on home and away as a Featured Extra and also just a normal extra. She's done many things but getting a good job ain't that easy without an agent but most top/good agencies only take a handful of new people each year.

Do they list auditions in the paper for Home & Away etc? I've spent most of my time looking on the internet.

aussie12
Nov 24th, 2006, 12:43 AM
no not for home and away but for ad campaigns etc. Home and Away actors are alright im only joking. btw was your sister just an extra or did she have speaking lines, if so what part did she play.

go hingis
Nov 24th, 2006, 12:55 AM
She was a featured extra (I don't think she had a line, but I could be wrong). She was in a scene in the drop in centre as a street kid with Dani. She's attended some of the weddings and class room scenes. I know they had her name under Street kid in the credits for the featured extra but not the rest.

aussie12
Nov 24th, 2006, 01:00 AM
the good old drop in centre, didnt it get burned down, its amazing how many buildings in summer bay have burned down

go hingis
Nov 24th, 2006, 01:42 AM
It sure did, the amount of drama that happens in one little town.

The Stalker that never dies. lol

go hingis
Nov 24th, 2006, 01:43 AM
Does anybody remember the Karen? she lived with Alf and was Blake's sister.

aussie12
Nov 24th, 2006, 01:48 AM
sort of, i remember blake, hes been back a few times for reunions

go hingis
Nov 24th, 2006, 01:54 AM
Karen started off as the good one and Blake the bad but she ended up being the bad one and started dating I think it was Rev Head.

CondiLicious
Nov 24th, 2006, 02:49 AM
Karen started off as the good one and Blake the bad but she ended up being the bad one and started dating I think it was Rev Head.

Ooooh I remember her. She turned into a nightmare.

Brett.
Nov 24th, 2006, 02:58 AM
Is she hot? Then we'll take her for audition in Australia, STRAIGHT AWAY!!!!!!!!

go hingis
Nov 24th, 2006, 04:06 AM
I'm biased but yes she's hot, sexy, got a great body and smart.

If I remember correctly she was only an extra but did get some fan mail and someone mailed for her autograph. She must of stood out to some. lol

Brett.
Nov 24th, 2006, 04:26 AM
lol

Philbo
Nov 24th, 2006, 09:49 AM
I had a friend who used to work on All Saints. I used to know the name of his agent - I have the name Liz Ellis or Liz someone in my head but I cannot quite remember the name..I do know the offices were located in Darlinghurst in Sydney...It was the same agency who provided people for Home and Away..

http://www.actorscentre.com.au/

Martian Stacey
Nov 24th, 2006, 10:06 AM
I had a friend who used to work on All Saints. I used to know the name of his agent - I have the name Liz Ellis or Liz someone in my head but I cannot quite remember the name..I do know the offices were located in Darlinghurst in Sydney...It was the same agency who provided people for Home and Away..

http://www.actorscentre.com.au/
Liz Ellis is a netballer ;)

Purple_Llama
Jan 3rd, 2007, 12:04 AM

I remember her on Muriels Wedding as part of Sophie Lee's bitchy group of friends too ;)

go hingis
Jan 3rd, 2007, 01:52 AM
I remember her on Muriels Wedding as part of Sophie Lee's bitchy group of friends too ;)

yep, spot on.