PDA

View Full Version : Jennifer Holliday slams Hudson of being a mimic

Sam L
Nov 23rd, 2006, 12:27 AM
I got this from another site:

Anyone watching Inside Edition? http://www.oscarwatch.com/forums/images/smilies/eek.gif

They just had on Jennifer Holliday and she is really pissed off. She's accusing the producers of Dreamgirls of ignoring her contributions to the play (she says she created the part of Effie). She's angry at Jennifer Hudson for mimicing her performance and she's REALLY ticked that they used her vocals (and not Hudson's) in the teaser and in other publicity.

She went on to say that the she's thrilled that the Youtube clip has become so popular and that people will see that Hudson is doing nothing more than imitating her.

What do you guys think? I sort of agree with Holliday here unfortunately.

G1Player2
Nov 23rd, 2006, 12:31 AM
Whatever. You're just mad that Hudson is the heavy favorite for an Oscar this year and is incredibly succesful right now. You're a TROLL. I hope nobody else responds in this thread. :weirdo:

fufuqifuqishahah
Nov 23rd, 2006, 12:34 AM
kind of a spoiler alert
youtube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McH134UFbHA
is this what you are talkaing about?
end kind of a spoiler alert

It's good and all. But I dont think jennifer Holliday has anything to worry about. People know she was the first girl, and if they dont, they know that Jennifer Hudson probably wasnt the first one to sing the song. But credit to Jennifer Hudson.. cuz its still hard to do hehe.

fufuqifuqishahah
Nov 23rd, 2006, 12:35 AM
Whatever. You're just mad that Hudson is the heavy favorite for an Oscar this year and is incredibly succesful right now. You're a TROLL. I hope nobody else responds in this thread. :weirdo:

:smash:

ur worse for thinking that it was a troll comment.

TennisSTUD
Nov 23rd, 2006, 12:50 AM
Well I havent seen Jennifer Hudson do the performance but I have heard her sing it and her performance is prettier than Holiday's. Holiday has a grittier rough edge to her. BOTH ARE GREAT. It's hard to replay a role like that. PROPS TO HUDSON.

Wannabeknowitall
Nov 23rd, 2006, 01:06 AM
I'm sorry but Jennifer Holiday is slamming the wrong person.
Jennifer Hudson is doing what she's told to do to get a career.
Now Clive Davis has signed her, so its working.

The person who is continually in the limelight about this movie is BEYONCE and she has not made one comment about Jennifer Holiday.
She's had many opportunities to do so but not a peep.
Daddy Knowles has made this project all about Beyonce so any publicity is good publicity for Jennifer Hudson.

jd4eva
Nov 23rd, 2006, 02:11 AM
I'm sorry but Jennifer Holiday is slamming the wrong person.
Jennifer Hudson is doing what she's told to do to get a career.
Now Clive Davis has signed her, so its working.

The person who is continually in the limelight about this movie is BEYONCE and she has not made one comment about Jennifer Holiday.
She's had many opportunities to do so but not a peep.
Daddy Knowles has made this project all about Beyonce so any publicity is good publicity for Jennifer Hudson.

I'm sorry but are you mildly retarded? The article clearly states that Jennifer Holliday's problem is not with the movie itself; its the fact that Jennifer Hudson mimicked her performance and is getting rave reviews from presumably a performance that Jennifer Holliday feels is a copy of hers.

Her only problem with the movie, from that snippet, is the fact that they use her vocals without attribution.

Last time I checked, Beyonce plays a completely different character from the one played by Jennifer Holliday so why on earth should Jennifer Holliday slam her if her problem is with the mimicking of her performance? I understand you have self-hate issues and issues with your race but really now, there's no need to hate Beyonce simply because she's an ultra successful African-American female superstar and you continue to seethe in your own skin.

Paneru
Nov 23rd, 2006, 03:31 AM
Same ol' same ol' from Ms.Holiday. :p

I recall having heard her taking the same
issue with Whitney Houston back in 94'
when Whitney did a live rendition of it
at the AMA's.

If anything, she should be flattered by the performances
of both Whitney & Jennifer because she made the song
what it is and is the reason why so mnay love to try and
sing it.

MrSerenaWilliams
Nov 23rd, 2006, 03:52 AM
you got it right there :wavey:

Kunal
Nov 23rd, 2006, 06:37 AM
true words

tennisjunky
Nov 24th, 2006, 04:14 AM
jennifer holliday is old and bitter. her version will be the staple, but she needs to move on in life and try to find happiness instead of trying to share her misery with everyone. she's said things in the past about other celebrities. she wasn't happy with whitney houston when she sang the song on some awards show. said something about the fact that her songs shouldn't be sung until she's dead. once she figures out life doesnt owe her anything, the better off she will be.

Rocketta
Nov 24th, 2006, 04:40 AM
looky looky....and it begins....boy I bet that bile just keeps rising with every positive review of this movie for Sam. :haha:

RVD
Nov 24th, 2006, 05:17 AM
kind of a spoiler alert
youtube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McH134UFbHA
is this what you are talkaing about?
end kind of a spoiler alert

It's good and all. But I dont think jennifer Holliday has anything to worry about. People know she was the first girl, and if they dont, they know that Jennifer Hudson probably wasnt the first one to sing the song. But credit to Jennifer Hudson.. cuz its still hard to do hehe.HOLY JEEVUS...!! :tape: :eek:
Thanks a lot fufuqifuqishahah. I nearly exceeded my pain threshold listening to that rendition. OUCH... MOMMA!! :eek: :scared:

Whitney's is still the most powerful and moving, IMO. :worship:

RVD
Nov 24th, 2006, 05:21 AM
Hey Harloo...!
Why'd you delete your post? :scratch:
I thought there were some great points made. :)

Rocketta
Nov 24th, 2006, 05:40 AM
What did Harloo say?

harloo
Nov 24th, 2006, 05:43 AM
Hey Harloo...!
Why'd you delete your post? :scratch:
I thought there were some great points made. :)

I didn't want to contribute to the negativity of the OP. If it were someone else posting about Jennifer's remarks I wouldn't of deleted it. :)

RVD
Nov 24th, 2006, 06:24 AM
What did Harloo say?It was an interesting interview with Sheryl Lee Ralph (I believe) published by S2S.

RVD
Nov 24th, 2006, 06:25 AM
I didn't want to contribute to the negativity of the OP. If it were someone else posting about Jennifer's remarks I wouldn't of deleted it. :)Oh...okay. :wavey:

Incidentally, IMO, Sheryl has the right attitude and interpretation of the culture of Hollywood. :worship: