PDA

View Full Version : Jennifer Hudson signs with Clive Davis

Paneru
Nov 22nd, 2006, 05:57 PM
Jennifer Hudson signs with Clive Davis
The ‘Dreamgirls’ star will join labelmates Whitney Houston, Aretha Franklin
Updated: 5:04 p.m. PT Nov 21, 2006

http://msnbcmedia1.msn.com/j/ap/27844685-631b-41e1-b1dd-cc55987c94a2.widec.jpg

LOS ANGELES, Calif. - The Hollywood stars seem to be aligned for Jennifer Hudson. Access Hollywood has confirmed that the former “American Idol” contestant signed a record deal with Clive Davis’ J Records. Jennifer revealed her plans to Access this past Saturday at the “A Fine Romance” event in Hollywood.

“My album, I’ll be recording my album! I just signed my record deal two weeks ago. So I’m starting on that in January.”

At J Records, Ms. Hudson joins such music giants as Aretha Franklin, Whitney Houston, and Barry Manilow, but Jennifer will also feel right at home with her former “Idol”-mates as the J/Arista label houses many of her “Idol” counterparts like Carrie Underwood, Fantasia, Ruben Studdard and Taylor Hicks.

The J Records label is part of the Sony BMG music conglomerate.

Oprah Winfrey profiled the cast of “Dreamgirls,” including Hudson, on her Monday, November 20th, 2006 show.

In her show, she included the following bite from “Idol” judge Simon Cowell:

“We have our history together, don’t we, Jennifer?” Simon told Jennifer via Oprah. “Now I feel my criticism has probably had a significant part in your career, because the buzz on you is huge. I heard your [version] of ‘And I Am Telling You I’m Not Going’ today, and I would like to be the first to eat a massive dose of humble pie. Because there are good performances and occasionally there are extraordinary performances. That was extraordinary, Jennifer, and I feel very proud for you. I feel we had a very small part in what’s happened in your life, and please thank me when you get your Oscar.”

Copyright 2006 by NBC. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15841783/

BigB08822
Nov 22nd, 2006, 07:55 PM
I am head over heels happy for her!

Cat's Pajamas
Nov 22nd, 2006, 08:11 PM
Jennifer :worship: :inlove:

DemWilliamsGulls
Nov 22nd, 2006, 08:12 PM
YES!!! After idol she signed with a small company, i didnt think they would get her the exposure she needed, but now she's with the Clive, he's gotten fantasia on the ball now he will get her on a roll..im glad because she deserves it...this girl can SING...now Clive needs to go and rescue the 3rd DIVA from the American Idol season 3....LATOYA LONDON...she, Fantasia and Jennifer Hudson made that the best season AI EVER had!

skanky~skanketta
Nov 22nd, 2006, 10:11 PM
Jennifer..You have my support !!!

harloo
Nov 22nd, 2006, 10:16 PM
YES!!! After idol she signed with a small company, i didnt think they would get her the exposure she needed, but now she's with the Clive, he's gotten fantasia on the ball now he will get her on a roll..im glad because she deserves it...this girl can SING...now Clive needs to go and rescue the 3rd DIVA from the American Idol season 3....LATOYA LONDON...she, Fantasia and Jennifer Hudson made that the best season AI EVER had!
:worship: :worship: Great post, I wish her the best of luck. Hopefully she snags the Oscar.

drake3781
Nov 22nd, 2006, 10:22 PM
I loved Jennifer Hudson in American Idol. In fact she was probably my favorite AI of all contestants in all series.

I wish her a lot of success.

fufuqifuqishahah
Nov 22nd, 2006, 11:24 PM
ooo my inner gay cant wait to hear that version of that song ;) ‘And I Am Telling You I’m Not Going’

rockstar
Nov 22nd, 2006, 11:50 PM
she's the girl with the huge head! :eek:
i remember her standing next to fantasia and her her head was like twice as large :o

DemWilliamsGulls
Nov 22nd, 2006, 11:55 PM
ooo my inner gay cant wait to hear that version of that song ;) ‘And I Am Telling You I’m Not Going’

Well you can here it right now with your gay self! :p

http://youtube.com/watch?v=McH134UFbHA

She killed it! (not as good as the original but she still sang the hell out it)

~Cherry*Blossom~
Nov 23rd, 2006, 12:25 AM
I uploaded it in a thread about the best AI winner:

http://www.wtaworld.com/showpost.php?p=9508384&postcount=11

fufuqifuqishahah
Nov 23rd, 2006, 12:41 AM
she's the girl with the huge head! :eek:
i remember her standing next to fantasia and her her head was like twice as large :o

hahahahaha

well a big head could mean big ego & genious or either or